Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2010 4:59 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they all lost their memories. D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 29, 2011 9:24 AM
Nov 2010
10/10 because of Nostalgia and epic, yet chessy, ending.

Beautiful ending.

Didn't like it that they lost their memories cuz it's just an excuse to make another series :/

Sailor Moon R here I come !
Sep 11, 2011 1:23 PM

Apr 2011
Feels great to have completed this classic!

Yes, perfect setup for a second season - they can now just repeat everything. Back to square one! I look forward to another ride.

おしおきょ!
Sep 30, 2011 7:34 PM

Sep 2008
Uguu~

I can tell that I never saw the last episode dubbed since I totally didn't see the memory wipe coming.
Still, the nostalgic feeling made the watch very enjoyable; I especially love Usagi's whiny voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 7:17 AM
Sep 2011
I liked the memory wipe.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DBXJul 24, 2021 2:56 PM
Dec 18, 2011 4:44 PM

Jun 2009
Don't like how the ending worked out,, though I DO like Usagu's monologue as she reset everything. I hope it doesn't take long for the group to get back together again.

Pretty good series, all in all. I'll give a 7/10. The characters were likable, the back story was pretty decent, and the enemies were crap.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 10, 2012 3:23 AM

Jun 2010
So much memory wiping...
Great series. Glad I watched it. I remembered pretty much nothing from when I was a kid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2008
7/10
I must say I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Yeah it's pretty cheesy and doesn't always make a whole lot of sense, but it felt like it didn't really have to. And the story overall was ok, I guess.
Also I found all the characters very likable (especially Usagi). Didn't like that they lost their memories though, I hope they regain them in the next series or something (that I'll definitely watch as well sometime).
Dec 7, 2012 1:25 PM

Apr 2010
The ending made me almost cry... it's so beautiful, but also so cruel. I didn't expected something like that at all.
So much deaths, then so much lost memories and everything ...
I'm gonna watch the R series to see what happens next.
Apr 10, 2013 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
Agh, you've got to be kidding me. Starting from scratch? It took forever to round them all up the first time! >_<
May 30, 2013 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Lots of things were left unexplained, but that was a lot better than I expected honestly. I can't believe I didn't watch this sooner. ono

I'm mostly satisfied with the ending. I like that they all were revived, and the memory wipe creates a balance so to speak. I wish that Mamoru got more time with his memories before being stabbed for the 9 millionth time though.

I'm scared that the next seasons will ruin it. ;A;
u gay
Oct 22, 2013 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty cheesy episode. The ending was so hilariously awful, like they all lost memories and went back to their previous lives. The transition from "Sailor Moon dies" to "Sailor Moon wakes up for school" was awkward. Still a fun series. Enjoyed everything except for three episodes. 7/10

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 1, 2013 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
Good solid series. I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was anything extraordinary.
Jan 11, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2011
9/10

I'm really confused on how this was in order. I got a torrent with 40 episodes but it seems like everyone finishes at 46? I dunno. Maybe it's because I got dubbed. Anyway, I really like this series. I really love the progression of Serena being a coward to her obtaining the courage she needed to fight the Negaverse. I also didn't realize that the Sailor Scouts died till now and I just hate it oh my god. I really do dislike how it's all on restart now and they all don't remember each other. We made all our way but, of course, this is why they have a second season. It's true that there are a lot of unanswered questions but that's because it's a show targeted for little girls! No one wants a long explanation with specific things as if you were getting into Star Wars. So it is pretty appropriate for it to not have a lot of answers. Besides the fact that the scouts died and they got a memory loss at the end which sorta put me off, I give this series a 9/10.
Feb 9, 2014 6:50 AM
Mar 2013
I really liked the final showdown between Beryl and Serena even if everything leading up to it was rushed. It ended a bit too soon for my liking, but atleast we have the next season to look forward to.

I enjoyed most of the season, most specifically the Nephrite, and Zoicite arcs. Too bad the last arc was a bit of a let-down.

This season wasn't bad but I remember the later seasons being much better, let's hope my memory was correct. On to re-watching the next season!
Mar 23, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
They lost all their memory of each other. So does that mean they lost the memory of being the Sailor Scouts too?
Apr 20, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2007
xmaou said:

I'm really confused on how this was in order. I got a torrent with 40 episodes but it seems like everyone finishes at 46? I dunno. Maybe it's because I got dubbed.

Yeah, the dubbed takes out five episodes and makes the last two into one episode, so there is 40 instead of the original 46 in Japan. I chose to watch it in English subtitles because of this.There are also things that are edited, and I didn't want to miss anything, thought I believe most of it is relatively minor.

Anyway, this series was pretty decent. Not the absolute best, but I actually wasn't expecting everyone to die at the end! Of course it was completely predictable with everything else. The only thing that would make it phenomenal is more character development with both the sailors and the villains. But it's a kids show, so you can't expect much.

7/10

May 22, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2012
8/10

Overall enjoyable series.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 20, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
9/10. In part for historical reasons as this really was one of the first anime available in which the female characters were strong and independent, but also believable (to everyone who has raised a daughter in Junior High). In part for nostalgic reasons as this was the first anime I really watched (albeit the censored and dubbed NA version) with aforementioned daughter before she was in Junior High. But also for the totally unexpected way they ended the first series, by killing everybody--not what you really expect from a show ostensibly aimed at children. True the animation isn't the greatest, particularly when judged by current standards (I try and compare it against the animation of the early 90's and it fares better on that score), and there are times when the plot is cheesy and repetitive, but the final two episodes and the growth of Usagi as she witnesses the deaths of her friends and lover really has to be considered a high point. I'll be curious to see how the reboot starting in a couple of weeks handles the story.

I didn't mind the reset at the end as a device to allow the series to continue. True, Queen Beryl has been destroyed and the light and dark energy combine to grant Usagi's wish to return her (and the others) to a normal life, albeit with no memory of what they have been through. But the big bad has not been eliminated, and the hanging romances are still there to be resolved. On to the second season...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 5, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2010
bellerose said:
I liked the memory wipe.

LMAOOOOOOOO

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DBXJul 27, 2021 2:38 PM

Aug 6, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
Overall I really enjoyed this season. The cheesy and rushed parts are to be expected from a show aimed at kids. I was invested in the characters and plot, even if I knew to expect a kind of disappointing finale.

The resetting and losing all their memories is so sad to me, even if it just leads to the next season.
on my way to steal yo girl
Aug 30, 2014 7:20 AM
Apr 2009
Just finished Sailor Moon. At the very end it got really dark. All of the cute sailor soldiers died one after the other. The five heroins face 5 mighty foes who stand in the way of justice and the imprisoned Tuxedo Mask. Sailor Mercury is skewered with icy spears while defeating the first foe. Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Saturn literally explode with electrified rage as they fell the second and third villains. Sailor Mars self-immolates while unleashing a powerful fire attack upon her opponent. The last, Sailor Moon, with hollowed trauma in her eyes, awakens her hidden princess powers and overwhelms the Dark Kingdom's remaining minions with a calm and frightful reckoning. Unearthing the ruin of her destruction she discovers that even Tuxedo Mask is lost. Luna and Artemis, the magical cats whose guidance and instruction lead Sailor Moon to this horrible fate, look on impotently with oceans of tears dammed behind their eyes.

All is lost and what victory Sailor Moon achieved is won for a cause not fully understood by her. She kept fighting so that the deaths of her friends would not be in vain, but now with the dust clearing, and reality weighing on her, she betrays her friends in her mind saying, "it was better to let evil win." She repeats again in her mind, "it was better to let evil win."
Sep 22, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
LAME... why?! I think it's bad that they lost their memories. I can't even start explaining why.

Anyways had fun watching it during the times I had nothing to do. It might be the first anime I remember that I ever watched as a kid. But who really knows.
Jun 11, 2015 5:06 AM

Feb 2010
*cried again*
I fell in love with these series from the start. Too bad the remake is nothing like it. The quality of old SM (I watched restored version from sailormooncentral) is capable of shaming modern series in all fields and it's a solid anime. Voice acting is particulary great. I realy was surprised with how good that "children" anime turned to be. As for the ending, I'm glad they have been revived, but I'm not fond of the memory wipe, though it's not terrible either.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Aug 15, 2015 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
Jesus. Why couldn't they just go with the reincarnation route. It would have made sense and would have been solid ending but instead they had to ruin everything with Deus Ex Machina sort of BS.

The ending is wrong in so many levels that all i'm going to say is.....never go full retard.
KuruwinAug 15, 2015 12:40 AM
Oct 26, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
Was a good ending until everyone ended up losing their memories. UGH. So unnecessary.

8/10 overall though, taking it for what it is. I really loved Sailor Moon - I just hate that I gotta watch more seasons to feel fulfilled since that ending wasn't satisfying at all.
Nov 25, 2015 12:41 PM
Jul 2015
Whoa, it just RESETS? Was not expecting that whatsoever.

Still, I'm satisfied. The final battle was awesome. I definitely enjoyed the ride.

Sailor Moon R, here I come!

I've heard that no one really knows what R stands for, but I think it's 'Sailor Moon Reset. or Restart'. Returns would make sense to but I like Reset the most.
Nov 25, 2015 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Chanaynay said:
Was a good ending until everyone ended up losing their memories. UGH. So unnecessary.

8/10 overall though, taking it for what it is. I really loved Sailor Moon - I just hate that I gotta watch more seasons to feel fulfilled since that ending wasn't satisfying at all.

Sailor Moon is great when it just focuses on the comedy. It's bad when it tries to be serious because it's impossible to take it that way because of how cartoonishly the villains act.
Mar 18, 2016 2:19 PM
Mar 2013
The memory loss is a tragically beautiful end, imo
Mar 30, 2016 11:04 PM

Jan 2014
A great ending. Can't wait to see what happens in the next season! :D
May 15, 2016 10:00 PM

Jun 2008
9/10

It is so different and way more fulfilling to watch my childhood anime in its original form. (English subs of course!) The original dub was such a mess and i began to re-watch it that way in the beginning but i went back and started over with English subs which is why it took me longer to finish this series!

I gave it this score only because some of the fillers were annoying. I enjoyed the characters, story and art was very nostalgic *_*

I cried a bit... lol I mean, I already knew what happened to them prior to re-watching but just seeing it from the beginning, to me, brings everything together and i really got to know all the characters on a deeper level compared to when i was a child.

Can't wait to start R! ^_^

By: Gasara @ DeviantArt.com <3
Jul 23, 2016 12:39 AM

Oct 2012
Memory loss? Always a bad plot device. Overall an enjoyable season.
Jul 27, 2016 9:19 PM
Apr 2015
I've seen people complain about the memory wipe thingy, but to me, it doesn't bother me too much. To me, would you rather have characters you love just die permanently and never come back at all, or come back, with their memories lost, BUT have them restored not too long afterward?
Nov 7, 2016 12:22 AM

Mar 2014
I feel rushed this last episode, it would be great if they gave 5 minutes more to expand the epilogue (It's like is done on purpose like saying "So are you not satisfied with the ending? Then watch Sailor Moon R *insert evil laughs*).

Overall the whole serie is pretty nice, this is rare and perfect example where fillers and some mayor story alterations makes it very enjoyable (oh yes, I watched every single episode) without the need to go the manga to read the "superior"/original version of the story. I first watched Sailor Moon Crystal's first 14 episodes (the same arc that covers the 90s anime) and honestly was pretty disappointed, it was just all about Usagi crying about everything and 1koing the enemy while the rest of the sailor scout were useless and without timescreen to shine and develope. After that experience I doubt to watch this version but fortunate I'm glad to give a chance, it have the perfect changes to make it so enjoyable like Usagi be her own comedic relief, focus on the other scouts & minor characters like Usagi's schoolmates and Tuxedo Mask's shot-rose-and-leave routine & his evil moment episodes like vs Ami. The only thing that I would complain is the soundtrack, it have very few and repetive tracks (the only one worth is just when the bad guys do their plans in motion).

The spanish dub is kinda dull at the beginning, but after Jadeite's frozen death, it gets better, and the ending song is very good.

9/10

I'm not pretty sure if I should watch Sailor Moon R, I'm not interested in the dark moon arc. I really just want to watch the third season just to see the rest of the Sailors (Saturn Neptune, Uranus and Pluto) in action, so idk.
Feb 26, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
Everything is perfect except this ending... Anyway, still 9/10. I love this series so much.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jun 13, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
So we hit the reset button. I knew character deaths weren't going to stick, but I think the whole thing could have been done better. There were a few pretty pieces of animation but on the whole I found myself zoning out, which is something that rarely happened during the monster-of-the-week episodes.

The season turned out to be fairly enjoyable. The pacing has been less than stellar, both on the serial and episode level, and the dialogue was too on the-nose more often than not. The charming heroes, music, visual comedy and the occasional moments of touching character acting did make up for this, fortunately. I also commend it for being a huge step forward in anime, regarding female representation. I'm willing to give the sequels a shot in the near future.
Jun 18, 2017 9:19 AM
Nov 2015
Best eps:
1. Everything containing Naru and Nephrite. probably the most nuanced and well written love story in SM, being suddenly focused on (out of nowhere) does not hurt its goodness at all.
2. Sailor soldiers die. Every one shines, their power actually has some meat and flash to it.
3. The Finale. Moonlight Densetsu playing during the fight is glorious. AND Usagi's simple wish is actually her best monologue ever.
4. The 2 eps with Ami's near boyfriend. Like Ami much much more due to them, and Ryo is the best boy in the show.
5. Usagi's identity revealed and Usagi's past with Mamoru. Kinda campy, and plotwise important, and mostly because Zoisite is at his most wicked best.
Jun 18, 2017 9:26 AM
Nov 2015
rodac said:
9/10. In part for historical reasons as this really was one of the first anime available in which the female characters were strong and independent, but also believable (to everyone who has raised a daughter in Junior High). In part for nostalgic reasons as this was the first anime I really watched (albeit the censored and dubbed NA version) with aforementioned daughter before she was in Junior High. But also for the totally unexpected way they ended the first series, by killing everybody--not what you really expect from a show ostensibly aimed at children. True the animation isn't the greatest, particularly when judged by current standards (I try and compare it against the animation of the early 90's and it fares better on that score), and there are times when the plot is cheesy and repetitive, but the final two episodes and the growth of Usagi as she witnesses the deaths of her friends and lover really has to be considered a high point. I'll be curious to see how the reboot starting in a couple of weeks handles the story.

I didn't mind the reset at the end as a device to allow the series to continue. True, Queen Beryl has been destroyed and the light and dark energy combine to grant Usagi's wish to return her (and the others) to a normal life, albeit with no memory of what they have been through. But the big bad has not been eliminated, and the hanging romances are still there to be resolved. On to the second season...

Soooo goood to hear from a parent enjoying the show!!!!
Feb 22, 2018 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
that was... anticlimactic...

i wasn't expecting them to lose their memories, guess i never watched the end when i was a kid.
i just want to see the other sailors already. but i guess we have one more season of this...
May 16, 2018 6:09 PM

Mar 2016
Horrible ending!
This feels like a total waste of time and a complete slap in the face.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 26, 2018 7:59 AM

Mar 2017
God, the hype was unreal when the OP started to play! I lvoed the finale, it was very epic and touching. That said, I am kind of allergic to reset buttons... it was necessary, since they all died, of course. But that memory loss kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It's essentially erasing all of their character development...

That said, it's not all bad. It does have the potential for changign things up in new seasons, so it entirely depends on what they do with it. I am just afraid they won't do much, and we'll be repeating a lot of the same stuff.

All in all Sailor Moon gets an 8/10 from me. Some parts sucked, but it was brilliant in other parts, and it has some of the most fun and unique relationships between the characters I've seen in anime. I love Usagi, and the other girls are cool contrasts to her. I will definitely continue watching at some point!
Aug 21, 2018 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
The memory reset is one of my least favorite ways to end a show/book/anything. The fact that there are many more seasons makes it suck a little less, but whatever. I'd give the entire series a solid 7/10, and I plan on watching the rest. Unlike most people, I never actually watched Sailor Moon as a child, so this is all new to me.

Also, I just want it to be known that Rei is best girl.

Nov 3, 2018 9:47 AM
Mar 2018
Holy...

This episode was unbelievable. It was not just the best episode of the show- but one of the best i've ever seen.

It had everything I want. Interesting story, lots of perfectly done fight scenes, excellent emotional moments, and one cool/"epic" scene after another.

The only flaw was that I didn't like the ending. Why did their memories all have to be erased? Especially since they all get them back (it seems).

As a whole, this show was a good one. I didn't like the romance, but the stories were usually interesting, it was very funny, could get very emotional, the animation was great (night backgrounds are pure aesthetic), and I like all the characters.
Mar 3, 2019 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Well, I didn't expect this finale, that's for sure.

Nice series overall, I remember avoiding it hard as a kid despite enjoying a lot other magical girl series like Doremi and Sakura, after having now seen all three I would put it second behind Doremi.

I definitely didn't expect that the thing I would love the most from Sailor Moon would be the comedy, it's legit hilarious, looking forward to seeing what will happen to the girls with the second season! 8/10 from my part to this one.
Aug 26, 2019 3:26 PM
Jul 2009
Ugh. I am not happy that they have lost all their memories. It took so long for development to happen and now it"s gone!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 27, 2019 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
GG Sailor Moon Classic, but the show/manga goes on
Jan 24, 2020 8:14 PM
Jan 2020
honestly a great ending to the season. it hurt seeing how their memories were lost, and seeing the girls walk past eachother with no reaction, but i can't wait to see if they relink in the next season!! this series means so much to me and watching these episodes has brought me so much joy and im so glad i finished it. can't wait for the next season <3
Feb 24, 2020 4:17 PM

May 2011
I knew that if I took the time to dive into this classic series from start to finish as an adult that I wouldn't regret it. Yes, it's true that it started off a little slow and it does have its flaws, but the best elements of the show more than make up for it. Usagi is a hilarious character, and I'm glad that she grew on me over the course of the series. All of the sailor soldiers have such unique personalities, and it made the whole journey a lot of fun once they all came together and the series broke from the same old format for a bit.

There are plenty of cheesy and predictable elements to be had here, but also a to of charm. I for one enjoyed out it ended and think the memory wiping sets the stage for all new happenings. I even caught some feels.

I definitely don't regret this classic. 8/10
Feb 29, 2020 8:30 AM

May 2012
Glad I gave this another shot. I tried watching it a year or two ago but the beginning is so poorly done that I quickly dropped it. Recently decided to give Crystal a shot and enjoyed it a fair bit. I could see a lot of people's complaints about Crystal though (especially the complaints about Crystal being too focused on Usagi and the other Sailors being useless) even without having watched most of classic Sailor Moon though so I figured I'd give it another shot (I dropped it before Ami was introduced originally) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It has its weak points such as the really poor beginning, the memory wipe at the end, and the story (the overarching plot, not the individual episodes themselves) being a bit convoluted at times but it's definitely more solid than Crystal was. Definitely going to give the other seasons a shot now. The next two arcs were fairly interesting in Crystal so I'd guess that the classic versions are no worse than Crystal's renditions were.
May 3, 2020 6:37 PM

Mar 2020
wow, what an ending. i think last episode was the best of first season. usagi's monologue was heartbroken. :( i kind of liked the memory loss and "reborn" situation. lots of things are left unexplained though.

going right ahead for next season! xoxo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Apr 12, 2009

50 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 24, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 26 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

37 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 18, 4:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.