Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 12, 2020 6:51 AM

Aug 2016
Damn, so Dark Kingdom are finally beaten, the guardians and Tuxedo Mask are resurrected with no memories and the only two who even know are Luna & Artemis.
Given this is just the first season I'm guessing the memory loss isn't permanent.
Such a fun series, it has its flaws, but it was enjoyable.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 6, 2020 7:41 PM
Sep 2020
this is the first anime i've watched in a few years, and i very much enjoyed this season. i wasn't a big fan of the ending, it killed me,,, buttt we're now onto the next season. cx
Oct 12, 2020 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
It was a surprising ending (didn't see it coming at all.. honestly!). On ep. 48, I figured that the ending was either going to be rushed or cut for another season. I can see how this ending makes sense in terms of the fragmented memories and reincarnation motifs. I interpreted as going full circle as well as momentarily fulfilling Mamoru's "dying" wish for Usagi to stay as a normal girl. I gotta say that Usagi won me over especially after dropping this series on the first ep. like two or so years ago.

What I would like though is a spin-off series focusing on Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask. I would like to know more about his past as the Earth prince and how he actually met Serenity and Queen Beryl (the unsurprising love triangle).
Oct 12, 2020 9:09 PM

May 2012
Mineri said:
I gotta say that Usagi won me over especially after dropping this series on the first ep. like two or so years ago.

Yeah, the first several episodes paint her as completely unlikable. That's the reason I initially dropped it myself a few episodes in. It's unfortunate they decided to do that because once you get up to the episode Ami joins, she starts becoming a lot more likable.
Oct 15, 2020 7:42 AM

Sep 2009
Alice3173 said:
Yeah, the first several episodes paint her as completely unlikable. That's the reason I initially dropped it myself a few episodes in. It's unfortunate they decided to do that because once you get up to the episode Ami joins, she starts becoming a lot more likable.

Exactly!! It was about that ep. when Usagi became more bearable(? lol. I feel that they could've done a better job at introducing her crybaby and carefree personality. It's just that seeing it on the first ep without any context and no real connection or relatability to her was a huge turn off. I get that she's supposed to be an unconventional princess but come on! xd

-----
Also, I realized that I meant to write ep. 44 on my prev post -__-
Dec 14, 2020 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Did Naru never see Usagi with her other friends? I thought only the sailor scouts and tuxedo mask got their memory wiped, but Naru doesn't even recognize Mamoru.
Jan 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Sep 2009
Ero-Camel said:
Did Naru never see Usagi with her other friends? I thought only the sailor scouts and tuxedo mask got their memory wiped, but Naru doesn't even recognize Mamoru.

If my memory serves me right (lol), I believe that the memories were erased from every person that had contact with the sailor warriors and the dark kingdom. That includes all those people who were manipulated to remove their energies including Naru who feel in love with that dude, Nephrite. In that final scene, recall that the beaming light (for erasing memories) encompassed the Earth, including the city.
MineriJan 4, 2021 8:21 PM
Jan 17, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2015
i was enjoying this until episode 26, from there it was... a struggle to finish it :( my score went from 8 to 5/10 lmao. Not going to start second season of this, forget it. same all same old.

💢

Jan 17, 2021 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
Oh wow, I totally forgot about the memory loss, but some sort of reset seems like such a typical thing for Mahou Shoujo shows and it should make the beginning of the next season pretty interesting.

It really was enjoyable despite some minor issues. The biggest one how they squeezed so much in the last three episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2021 5:17 PM

Dec 2014
The last two episodes were kinda the weakest for me, it felt kinda rushed to the point that it didn't really feel meaningful that the Sailor Guardians 'died'. Knowing that there were more seasons, I was curious how they would resurrect the sailor guardians or how they would all live through this, I didn't expect the reset which ends the season on a rather poignant note.

I really do hope they all meet again.

Very good series on the whole. I never had the chance to get into it as a kid and nor did I have any other exposure to it outside of the little I see of it on the internet. I started watching Sailor Moon out of the blue almost after looking at some merchandise from the series and somehow 25 years into my life, that's what convinced me to start watching it and I'm glad I did. Loved the characters, the slice of life scenes, comedy and character interactions easily carried the show for me. If I had to pick out anything, it's that the battles are rather simplistic and the enemies tend to just go down fast but it's not really the kind of show where I would say that's inherently a bad thing. In this case especially I think it's fine as it lets the better parts of the show take the limelight.

8/10, looking forward to starting the second season once I get through a couple other shows on my backlog.
Mar 10, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2020
I hope the next season isn't just about them meeting each other again in a different way. That would be so annoying.

Overall, I'm gonna rate this anime a 9. I love the aesthetic of it, and I love that it's simple as it was made for kids, so I could just watch it in the background while I draw and not have to understand all of it.
Mar 17, 2021 5:10 AM

Sep 2019
I enjoyed the show overall but I’m not a fan of the whole world reset and memory wipe thing. I hope they can present the world reset, their daily lives and them meeting each other in an enjoyable way in the next season.
Apr 20, 2021 12:27 AM

Feb 2020
How does this not have a mean score above 8? I never saw it as a child and I loved it so much. Now, it is my first anime of this kind, but if Sailor Moon is not the absolute best work in the genre, I could see myself becoming a Mahou Shoujo-trash.
My only criticisms are the reused animation, which started slightly bugging me after 20 episodes or so, and some childish storytelling methods (hope that's the right word), like a Youma being obviously blinded and then saying "Oh no, I have been blinded!", so everyone gets it.
9/10
Aug 1, 2021 11:07 PM

Dec 2020
Yep, the last two episodes felt rushed. I think it would have been more impactful if they allowed more time for each sailor guardian and a little more time with Mamoru after his “return”.
Dec 10, 2021 5:38 PM

Apr 2020
I enjoyed this show. Eventhough there were an ocean of problems with the plot.
Dang it, now I'm forced to watch the next season. I want to find out what happens next so badly.
water
Dec 29, 2021 8:38 AM

Mar 2020
A great buildup to what becomes a kind meh reset ending, Usagi never even fights Queen Metalia like she did in the manga, but I think that changing it from Mamoru's love that allows her to defeat the final villain to the support of her friends was an improvement, as it reinforces the importance of the Sailor Soldiers as a whole.
I don't think the memory wipe is in the manga, so I'm guessing that the Sailor Moon R will involve copious amount of filler as the soldiers recover their memory, considering how short the Wiseman arc supposedly is.

Jun 24, 2022 6:50 PM

Nov 2014
Didn't like the final arc of the show that much - Kunzite was lame, Minako barely got any development, evil Mamoru dragged on way too long, and the attempt at a dramatic ending fell flat because it was too sudden and the tone shift was too extreme. The show already did a much better dramatic ending with the Nephlite storyline.
Sep 14, 2022 8:05 AM
Jul 2015
finally done marathon since jan 2019-sept 2022 took me 3years 8months

now everyone reset world mind once again 🗿

for me sailor moon good at design, colour romance and universe plots of many characters

need an improvement for mc persona and action for the girls 🤣 n some mobs
Jan 30, 2023 11:25 PM
Jan 2023
Watched it in spanish dub originally, then I watched it again in sub.
Pretty cute show I liked it a lot.
Feb 28, 2023 12:06 PM
Oct 2017
That's even worse than what I expected, not just a resurrection, but also a memory wipe and sent back to square one. What a lame ending lol. I get going back to the episodic formula is essential if more episodes are going to be made, but come on, they could have evolved their relationship and dynamics past that, now it just feels as if this whole season was pointless. I was expecting their deaths to be pointless and cheap but not THAT pointless and cheap.

The big reveals of their identities like with Tuxedo Mask  had no impact either because they make the characters so clueless and dumb too. So again, cool aesthetic and campy comedy, horrible plot and everything else, the fact they kept shipping a 14 year old with a university student was horrible too, and the whole romance of Nephrite and Naru was absolutely disgusting every second it passed it, this episode already had a preview for next season so it was clear they already had everything in the works.

I can't believe I am saying this but the filler episodes are this show's strength, it is good as a monster of the week type of show, like Jojo, Powerpuff Girls and Scooby Doo, I don't like my time to be wasted with poorly made and written emotional arcs, and again, the romance was always disgusting.

I'm giving 6/10 for a complete style over substance anime, and I will move on to the next seasons.
Jul 15, 2023 10:46 AM
Jul 2023
My childhood. She is everything to me.
Oct 23, 2023 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
The final episode ! wow it was very emotional to witness our Sailor Moon defeat the darkness and survive, this was such a beautiful episode, what a journey ! i'm glad i decided to watch it. Cause everything about this show is perfection from soundtrack to character designs to story arcs it all creates a stunning and sublime world of art.
Dec 29, 2023 12:58 PM
Nov 2020
Lagrimas, emociones... gran serie.
Apr 19, 5:43 AM

Jul 2017
the fact that eveyone is alive but without memories is very bittersweet, i didn't expect an ending like this.
overall i liked this show a lot, it was charming sweet, cute and it didn't take itself seriously.
A 9/10 for me i''m glad that i gave Sailor Moon a chance.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Apr 12, 2009

50 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 24, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 26 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

37 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 43 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 18, 4:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.