Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2010 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, he actually died for Naru's/Molly's sake.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 25, 2011 9:18 PM

Sep 2008
it was so sad! This is one reason why i love Sailor Moon!
Mar 26, 2011 9:18 PM
Nov 2010
After 23 episodes of comedy the drama part finally started.
Apr 11, 2011 10:11 PM

May 2010
Wow, that was actually quite touching. I mean, yeah, we've all heard it a million times before, the wicked man finds redemption through love at the price of his life, but when it's told so well like this, it makes you realize that it became generic for a pretty darn good reason. Three cheers to this well-constructed story ark!
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 23, 2011 4:41 PM
Apr 2010
that was a really good episode that i didn't remember from the first time around. i'm glad i decided to re-watch.
Jul 6, 2011 10:32 PM

Apr 2008
I can't believe I forgot about this episode. As soon as I started watching it, I remembered :c. Such a sad episode, almost made me cry. I wish he would have killed that one plant monster when he had the chance :c
Aug 16, 2011 3:04 PM

Sep 2008
FUCK YEAH, he died!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, talk about a surprisingly well done two episodes out of nowhere. Good stuff.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 7, 2012 12:33 AM

Jun 2010
Great drama at the end there. But really, he shouldn't have stripped her while she was sleeping. Naru is such a moron! Doesn't mind being lied to?? Gahhh. I'm glad he's gone. He had to go anyway- he knew that Sailor Moon was Usagi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2013 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
hands down the best episode of the series so far - superbly written, perfectly executed + tremendously moving. naru seemed like a real character for once + the changes in nephrite's outlook reached a real (yet tragic) climax.

on a minor note, those youma were always my favourite youma so that's a big plus as well.
May 17, 2013 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
What a pleasant surprise. Nephirite was handled pretty good in the show, while he was just a cardboard villain in the manga. Wonder why he didn't warn Usagi about something, or give her some hints.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 12, 2013 7:07 PM

Apr 2012
so sad
Oct 29, 2013 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
Good stuff.
Feb 8, 2014 2:22 PM
Mar 2013
Nooo, Nephrite ;_;

This and the last episode were really well done. I really like Nephrite since he turned around. All thanks to Molly.

Out of all the enemies we've seen so far, (Jadeite, Zoicite, Beryl, Kunzite/Malacite) Nephrite is the only one who's basically shown some level of kindness and restraint.

I think this was hinted at a few episodes back when Nephrite cursed Zoicite for being a "vindictive creature" as he put it.

On another note, I've always had a question about Tuxedo mask. He always runs off after the monster is gone or disappears. But, what would happen if the monsters instantly came back after he leaves?

Irony:

Molly was the one who saved Nephrite from being killed by Beryl in the episode "Molly's Folly" because of her strong love energy.

But, in the end, Molly is also the one who caused Nephrite's death because he let down his guard and died to protect her.

Mar 1, 2014 3:08 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, an actual death in a kids show with blood and everything. Even if it was green. Been a long time since I saw that happening.
Mar 22, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2007
Yeah, that was easily the best episode so far.
It was pretty sad, I was tearing up ;;
What a tragic first love.

Apr 24, 2014 5:25 AM

Apr 2012
Best episode so far!

Them feels.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 12, 2014 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
This was surprisingly affecting considering they only gave a couple of episodes for Nephrite's development and turn from evil--some real feels there at the end! Speaking of tragic love in older anime, the chocolate parfait in this episode reminded me strongly of pineapple salad from Macross. Back then there was a real gap between what was allowed in anime vs. the "localized" versions that were shown in NA.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 8, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
Best episode so far, I actually liked Nephrite after this and the last episode. I started to tear up too.

no chocolate parfait ;_;
on my way to steal yo girl
Jul 28, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2010
Just finished watching this episode (and 23 before it) on Viz's site…

God, that ending was sad. I actually started tearing up, and I usually do not get emotional over shows/movies.

And Nephrite was my favorite enemy so far…
Jul 29, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2010
#Ican't #ijustcan't

How I survived this emotional rollercoaster when I was 8 is beyondddd me.

Aug 6, 2014 4:07 AM

Sep 2010
I... I didn't think they'd actually kill him off..

Old anime is brutal. That was extremely depressing. When I was younger I watched sailor moon, but just when it was on TV so I don't think I've ever completed it.. Didn't expect this at all.

Making a likable enemy isn't always easy, but damn they pulled it off well. They'll probably omit this from the new sailor moon since it's so short.. :'-(.
Sep 16, 2014 8:23 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
This episode hurt. ;_______;
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Dec 10, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
Revisiting this anime and I totally forgot about this mini arc. I started bawling once I realised the inevitable death of Nephrite would soon come. Sailor Moon still doesn't disappoint after all these years ;_;
Mar 24, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
The whole arc with Nephrite and Naru was really good, here's hoping the rest of the series keeps up the quality.
May 22, 2015 1:20 AM

Feb 2010
rodac said:
Speaking of tragic love in older anime, the chocolate parfait in this episode reminded me strongly of pineapple salad from Macross. Back then there was a real gap between what was allowed in anime vs. the "localized" versions that were shown in NA.

Oh, that pineaple salad of doom... On the other hand, chocolate parfait of Lucky Star is infamous for different reason, but I doubt it's a reference to this one.

While the plot here is nothing new, it looks classic in SM, rather than cliche.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 12, 2015 7:47 AM

Jan 2014
;____;
Nephrite x Naru 4evah <3
Nov 5, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2014
Nephrite ;v;

Those episodes of Nephrite x Molly are very good.

Right now the anime is at 1 episode left before Sailor Jupiter and is clearly superior to Sailor Moon Crystal.
Feb 8, 2017 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my God I was crying like an idiot after this ep really.

NO NO NO IT CAN'T BE. PLEASE COME BACK TO LIFE YOU BOTH ARE PERFECT TOGETHER PLEASE. Nephrite x Naru is life... or was...
thatPinkSpiderFeb 8, 2017 2:51 PM

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Feb 25, 2017 4:00 PM

Apr 2016
Poor Nephrite and Naru :( probably would've been a lot better if the episode title didn't spoil it.

It's surprising how good this anime is when you skip the filler. This episode in particular was one of the moments where it was better than the manga.
Apr 23, 2017 9:05 AM
Nov 2015
Terrific Terrific.
And the love twist is so believable it hurts. When they were talking ab chocolate and laughing, I was holding my breath cuz I knew something terrible would happen next, would interrupt them.
Anyway, Nephrite and Naru are so cute in this. Poor Nephrite, he is utterly alone, cannot go to Usagi's side and also chased by his own kind.
Chocolate parfeit=pineapple salad
Apr 23, 2017 9:08 AM
Nov 2015
burbels said:
rodac said:
Speaking of tragic love in older anime, the chocolate parfait in this episode reminded me strongly of pineapple salad from Macross. Back then there was a real gap between what was allowed in anime vs. the "localized" versions that were shown in NA.

Oh, that pineaple salad of doom... On the other hand, chocolate parfait of Lucky Star is infamous for different reason, but I doubt it's a reference to this one.

While the plot here is nothing new, it looks classic in SM, rather than cliche.

YAYAYAYAYA SOMEONE ALSO THOUGHT OF PINEAPPLE SALAD!!!!!
Food connected to death is just terrible
Jun 6, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2013
Eh. I appreciate the effort in giving Nephrite some depth before he's killed but it seems contrived to me that he dies right after learning about Sailor Moon's identity, just like Jadeite. We also never learned what his real agenda was. I couldn't really get into the drama. I also found it a bit hard to believe that literally all three of the Sailor Scouts would weep over his demise.

I get why it's tragic that Nephrite died protecting Naru, but I don't get the people mourning the relationship between them. She's a middle school student, for god's sake.
LeeTailorJun 6, 2017 3:49 AM
Nov 27, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
i was up until now asking myself why rui from the tennis episode was taking so long to come back and become sailor jupiter.
turns out she isn't sailor jupiter after all. i guess it's my bad. JHLUDFHLIJSOIJH

nephrite's love plot twist was a nice one. it left me confusing because of the creepy age gap, but i guess it still made the character more likeable. which made this episode very sad. );
May 11, 2018 8:53 AM

Mar 2016
Wow this arc was amazing.
Showing different perspectives on characters, especially supporting ones, really adds a sense of emphasis on world building.
The 'human' feel here and 'human condition' are prevalent.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 17, 2018 9:45 AM

Mar 2017
Holy shit. Was this for real? This episode was super serious, super sad and also really brutal! I was hoping for a Nephrite redemption arc, and even though it was a really short one, it was executed really well. I definitely teared up at the end there. Though funnily enough, it was the Sailor Soldier's sudden appearance that kinda killed the mood for a moment.

Was the blood green because of censorship reasons? Like, so it doesn't get a higher rating? I think it actually would have worked, because he's not a human being and it would have underlined his "alien"-ness. Though the characters didn't mention it, so I guess it was intended to be regular blood.
Sep 19, 2018 6:16 AM
Mar 2018

RIP Nephrite.

Going against the curve I didn't like this episode. The Naru/Nephrite romance plot didn't interest me at all. However, it wasn't a total loss. The climax and ending were REALLY good, being super well-done/emotional.
Oct 2, 2018 5:43 AM

Jan 2014
i actually cried

best ship ever
Jan 2, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2018
Pikagoda said:
i actually cried

best ship ever

When I watched this scene, I was like "nah, bad things gonna happen and a moment like this won't last longer." ;;
woahitsaiJan 2, 2019 12:11 PM
Jan 27, 2019 7:21 AM

Jul 2015
Massive feels this episode, I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion to his arc, seeing each him and Naru trying to help the other hurt to watch, glad that he could at least experience love once before dying.
Feb 1, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
This is so unfair

kanashii
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 16, 2019 8:52 PM

Jun 2016
naru did more than sailor moon itself during 23 episodes just by trying to save nephrite with ther own tiny hands. she struggled so much for him even though she knew it would hurt her.

i stan sailor naru.
HATSUNE MIKU TOOK ALL MY WEED !!!!!!!11 😡😡
Feb 21, 2020 4:36 AM

May 2011
I was not expecting this little romantic side development, but I am so glad to have experienced it!

"Does the Dark Kingdom give you off on Sundays?" ψ(`∇´)ψ
May 24, 2020 8:26 PM

May 2020
Episodes 22, 23 and 24 form a trilogy which is epic enough to be its own movie. This one is by far the most emotional and action-packed of the trilogy, and the entire series so far. I actually cried during this episode. Even though the title spoils what's going to happen and it's a bit cheesy, it's still sad to watch. And this episode ends on such a poignant and depressing note. There's no comedic relief: it ends with Naru sobbing uncontrollably over the death of Nephrite moaning "It's not fair!" and then the sad credits music starts playing. Ouch. Trauma like this drives adults to suicide, I couldn't imagine how it feels for a middle-schooler. I really wish they made Nephrite a good guy to fight alongside Sailor Moon; this anime could use some more male leads besides Tuxedo Mask, who in my opinion is much less interesting than Nephrite. Poor Naru. Why'd they have to kill him? Why do we bring pain and suffering into our fictional universes?
For it's incredible balance of action and drama and for being the perfect way to end a trilogy, I deem this episode a must-see.
5/5 Amazing!
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

May 30, 2020 12:12 PM
Jan 2018
Felt sorry for naru she's still young and he was esstionally her first love
Jul 11, 2020 6:42 AM

Aug 2016
Fuck you I'm not crying, you're crying.
Seriously though, that was really well done.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 8, 2020 2:54 PM

Oct 2020
Oh look, it's raining...
Jan 16, 2021 11:04 AM

Nov 2016
Nice episode title xD

And wow, this was as impactful as I remembered it to be. I was still little, but it was one of the first scenes in anime that made me genuinely emotional. The groundwork has been laid in previous episodes and this one managed to drive the point home. Humanizing Nephrite felt so believable and the final interactions between him and Naru with some future plans and a little joke rounded it up nicely. So sweet and heartbreaking ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2021 8:36 AM

Aug 2020
NO NEPHRITE-SAMA!!!!! This episode made me cry T_T I've never shipped anime characters so much before and of course he had to go and die T_T

Oh there's a big age gap? I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that. /hj
Sep 16, 2021 5:22 AM
Jan 2015
This has easily been the worst arc of the show, I'm shocked at the amount of praise it has here. First of all, why do people think an adult man and a little girl are a great couple? It was fucking gross and weird the whole time.

Naru is intolerable this entire arc, she's in love with Nefrite why exactly? Because he said she was pretty one time? I understand they were going for teen's first love, but it makes no sense why Naru was all of the sudden madly in love with him.

I also don't buy this Nefrite is suddenly a good guy. After many episodes of this guy from an "evil organization" (his own words) attempting to literally kill people and possess them with monsters, I'm supposed to believe that because a little girl had a crush on him he suddenly completely changed his ways and is now good? Because he wanted to get with a little girl?

This arc has been trash and hopefully the show can course correct by never mentioning this again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

45 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 11, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Spoilers for episode 34

GakutoDeathGlare - May 9

3 by Asahinchi »»
May 9, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yonatay - Dec 9, 2009

50 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 9, 2:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.