Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2010 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Such a pedo. D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 26, 2011 6:11 PM
Nov 2010
The gay scene was disturbing. Otherwise nice episode.
Jun 20, 2011 2:53 AM
Apr 2010
i liked this episode :)
Aug 15, 2011 9:01 PM

Sep 2008
I want to punch Naru in the face for blindly falling in love.
I hope Nephrite dies.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2012 12:09 AM

Jun 2010
Zoisite is such a pussy. And the relationship between him and Master Kunsite is totally creepy.
Much like Nephrite liking Naru. Ew.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
I want to punch Naru in the face for blindly falling in love.

tell me about it. her character is so weak as well but w/e.
Feb 8, 2014 1:41 PM
Mar 2013
Molly is acting like a love-struck teen, but then again, she is just acting her age.

I know there are age differences between Nephrite and Molly but I still think they'd be great together. But only if the relationship was put on hold till Molly was a little older.

In any case, I kind of like Nephrite's rebellious attitude. He's failed Beryl too many times, so I know he's not going to help her defeat the Sailor Scouts any more.

As of this episode, he's acting on his own, with his own goals.
Mar 22, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2007
Well, this episode had a little more substance.
Not that it's hard to beat since it's a pretty simple series so far, haha.
I'm interested in what Nephrite will end up doing in the end.

May 30, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know, Naru and Nephrite might work great as a couple. I hope he turns to the good side.
Jun 12, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
Well Naru's love appears to be affecting Nephrite to some extent, but they are from different worlds. This arc is advancing the plot considerably though.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 27, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
Guess I'm the only one who enjoys Zoisite and Master Kunsite's relationship? Huehue :3c

And wow, could they have come up with a more spoiler-y title for the next episode??
on my way to steal yo girl
Nov 2, 2014 2:44 AM
Apr 2013
Unexpected twist! Very interesting

tsundere-tan said:

And wow, could they have come up with a more spoiler-y title for the next episode??

indeed hah
Oct 7, 2015 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
Aww, maybe there's some hope for those two, ah~
Oct 20, 2015 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
I love Zoisite and Kunzite. I don't really understand why people are saying it's creepy/disturbing - if Zoisite was a girl (which I'm pretty sure they made happen in the dub) it'd be perceived as more normal.

GIVE ME MORE GAYS
Feb 19, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
Usagi's friend is kind of stupid.
Jun 6, 2017 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
emeraldrosary said:
In any case, I kind of like Nephrite's rebellious attitude. He's failed Beryl too many times, so I know he's not going to help her defeat the Sailor Scouts any more.

As of this episode, he's acting on his own, with his own goals.

This. It's been implied before that he wasn't loyal to Queen Beryl.
May 16, 2018 10:12 AM

Mar 2017
Since when is being gay "disturbing"? And it's not even like they are making out or anything, in which case I could at least understand that it's maybe too much for a kid's show. They literally just sit close to each other.

In any case, I like the plot advancement so far and the way the relationships are handled! Of course it would be cool to get something like a Nephrite redemption arc, or some really cool intrigues going on. But it's a kids show, so I don't expect too much depth.

I liked this episode!
Jan 27, 2019 6:35 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Nephrite protect Naru was great, I hope he gets some redemption based on that.
Aug 8, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2013

Aesthetic as hell, this show has some really stunning visuals.
May 24, 2020 7:24 PM

May 2020
This one picks up on the loose end left in the previous episode and is the superior Naru-Nephrite story. Nephrite is Naru's first love and it's not hard to see why. She's young and wants to become more grown-up, he's older and handsome, she's a fountain overflowing with emotion and he's incredibly manipulative. Nephrite doesn't even need to possess Naru, his charisma is enchanting enough. He's so manipulative that at this point even I'm not sure whether he's good or bad. Well, bad obviously, but he shows signs of redemption, even suggesting in vague terms that he'd rebel against Beryl to protect Naru. In her burning lust, she makes a great sacrifice to save Nephrite, like Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities, and Nephrite returns the favor. Very interesting development! Besides that, there's a cute scene where Motoki asks Usagi out for coffee and Usagi doesn't object to Mamoru tagging along. Usagi tries to works up the courage to tell Naru the truth about Mr.Sanjoin, which raises the question of whether it's better to tell your friends the truth knowing it will hurt their feelings, or lie to make them feel better. Queen Beryl joins in on the battle, too. Pretty good episode!
4/5
HighPriestJonkoMay 24, 2020 7:36 PM
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

Jul 11, 2020 6:17 AM

Aug 2016
Nephrite did one good thing he is redeemed, joke, can't wait to see his inevitable death
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jul 27, 2020 4:08 AM
Jan 2019
If all people can see in Naru and Nephrite relationships is a creepy age gap, then they're just romantically and dramatically blind.

I did notice the creepy age gap, yes. The phone call scene made me think of all the creepy pedo phone calls.

Thankfully, due to my schizophrenia i am able to think of this on multiple points of view to form an objective set of opinions, so in one of them, i see that Naru loves Nephire from the depths of her heart. Even when she realized that he used her, she still stood to protect him.

I will repeat that, the moment when she stood to protect Nephrie, she knew that Nephrite is an enemy. But she still loved him because of good elements of his persona she sees.
Love is when you just ignore the negative aspects of a person and focus only on good aspects. It does, in a way, make a person blind, that's just a side-effect. Same goes with Hate, but it's the other way around.

At this exact moment, Naru was ready to die, than to live in a world where Nephrite is an evil demon. But the moment Nephrite protected her from Youma. she was surprised and also felt glad that Nephrite is actually a good person, in her opinion.

Yes, Naru is blinded by love, but let's judge objectively.
Those who are blinded by hate towards Nephrite have no right to criticize Naru, because you're doing the oppositely same. You see only bad things in Nephrite, and she does see only good things, basically you and Naru are both subjective.

The word here is Ambigious. The situation is both good and bad. Nephrite is bad and good at the same time. It's contradictive, but the human world exists and is created from contradictive elements.
People who refuse who accept contradictions and fail to understand that not everything can be understood, yet it's foolish to accept everything, always seek simple solutions... they will never progress in spiritual and intellectual ierarchy.
I'm not a follower of any religions, i make my own judgements made from my own vision. Plus having bipolarity allows me to see everything from multiple points of view and having opposite opinions at the same time.

So at the same time i criticize Naru for being such a fool, yet i also praise her for believeing in her love. It's contradcitive, that's why it's objective.
Oct 8, 2020 2:15 PM

Oct 2020
Poor Naru, I know what it's like to be completely blinded by your infatuation with somebody. Over time it can really take a toll on your physical and mental health. I wonder what her connection with the Silver Crystal is.

And what of Nephrite saving Naru?
Jan 16, 2021 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
The development between Naru and Nephrite is one of the aspects that made these episodes so engaging.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2, 2021 6:33 AM

Aug 2020
Oo there's yaoi in this anime? I don't know whether I love or hate that;;

Naru being in love is so cute TwT I hope that Nephrite will become good because it seems like they both like each other. How old is he though..?
Nov 20, 2021 2:23 AM

Apr 2020
The previews just spoiled the whole next episode. What a waste
water
Jan 31, 2023 11:19 AM

Oct 2016
Nephrite actually caring about Naru? I'm conflicted on this. I feel as if any attempt to humanize him will end in tragedy. We will see...
May 27, 2023 10:42 PM

Oct 2018
Huh, i like gay more than pedo.
Jun 9, 2023 4:25 PM
Apr 2021
the whole nephrite arc has been so fire so far. him ending up on the run from the dark kingdom, the infighting among the 4 kings of heaven, naru being manipulated by him but him sort of being changed by realizing he's loved, the growing mysteries about tuxedo mask and sailor moon's past connection, GRAAH it's so good
Jun 24, 2023 7:30 AM

Mar 2022
God we have had so much development between Naru and Nephrite. Nephrite knows he's manipulating Naru but he ultimately is still doing bad. I had a feeling he was his own master who had his own thoughts, goals and how he saw himself when it came to the Dark Kingdom. Now that he's attacked a Youma I have a feeling that Queen Beryl is out for his blood of course Zoisite is responsible for having it spy on Nephrite in the first place but to be fair Naru protected Nephrite first. Her love for him though misguided, has affected him in some way. This arc really has advanced the plot quite a lot which is surprising to see. It's a shame Nephrite is only getting one more episode after this, cuz I really quite enjoyed seeing what he did. 
Jul 23, 2023 3:50 AM

Mar 2019
USAGI GOT A NEW SWIMSUUUUIT!

also all the people hating on the gay couple lmao... wonder if theyd still say the same? yikes if they do. love the queer visibilty in sailor moon this is the type of thing that makes the show soo iconic.
Sep 5, 2023 9:38 PM

Jul 2017
my favorite episode love the gay representation it's so good and this happened in the 90's that's so ahead of it's time
Mar 1, 9:59 PM

Sep 2021
This episode was good, Naru’s relationship with Nephrite seems very interesting
Apr 9, 2:11 AM

Jul 2017
a very interesting turn of evets, this episode was so good except for the age gap between naru and Nephrite that disgusts me.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

May 7, 8:24 PM

Sep 2018
This is probably where so many young girls got their first taste of BL in anime/manga. All thanks to Sailor Moon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

45 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 11, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Spoilers for episode 34

GakutoDeathGlare - May 9

3 by Asahinchi »»
May 9, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yonatay - Dec 9, 2009

50 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 9, 2:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.