Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2010 4:58 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dolls are quite creepy. o.o

Especially the ones that look like a real figure.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 29, 2011 6:01 PM
Feb 2008
Nephrite and Mamoru appear to have noticed each other.

I wonder about the enemy's right foot being its weakness... something to do with pisces maybe.
Aug 13, 2011 3:30 PM

Sep 2008
Dang, I was kinda hoping that Mika would have made a Sailor Moon doll instead of an action figure. That clay thing was not that bad in the end also.

Shingo is a piece of shit for trying to save himself by denying her doll though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2012 7:07 AM

Jun 2010
I love creepy dolls!
Usagi was really on her game in this episode. She can be a good sister!
Mika looked way cooler when she was possessed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2013 9:10 PM

Feb 2008
I liked the foreshadowing in this episode. Seems like Rei and Mamoru are now dating. Thought it was just that episode at the lake.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 8, 2014 11:06 AM
Mar 2013
This episode reminds me of that episode from Inuyasha involving Kagome's little brother Sota and his love problems. Good times.

And, that doll reminded me of the scary Chuckie doll. Anyone remember him? Bad times.
Feb 28, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2012
I found it kind of weird that the doll demon was jumping at Usagi and then Ami used Bubble Spray and suddenly the demon just dissapeared ... it would not have been helpful at all really because she was just about to attack her and obscuring her vision wouldn't have made any difference since she was so close to hitting her. But oh well.
Mar 14, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2007
This was just an okay episode.
I'm not a fan of creepy dolls either xD

Mar 25, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2011
Rei and Mamoru out for another date, eh? Usagai had better get on her game, since Rei seems a bit more mature and seems to be ahead. I was wondering how Usagi would fit in the line about the smart and beautiful onee-chan: I guess it's easier when you are saying it to people who don't know you.

And Sailor Moon product placement there at the end....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 14, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2012
damn creepy dolls....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 7, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2011
I thought this was a really well done episode. The politics in the beginning between Beryl's subordinates was interesting. The awareness of Mamoru and the current villain. Usagi was on a roll all episode, and that was nice. And Rei and Mamoru appear to be seeing each other, which is surprising.

Lots of development to the overarching plot and subplots.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Oct 5, 2015 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
Haha, that scene at the end... That's how I react to my boyfriend's anime crushes >_>
And yeah, I was surprised to see Rei and Mamoru together, too o.O
May 8, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
It must have been the creepiest episode of the series... (unless I see some clowns later, in another episode). That's what bad dreams are made of.

Feb 11, 2017 3:42 AM

Nov 2009
My favorite episode so far but I am a big fan of creepiness and dolls. For me this is the episode where I feel the series took a step up from being quite repetitive. Previously, the mini stories within episodes seemed basically the same with different face paint. Generic bad guy shows up, defeat them in the same fashion. From this episode I feel they became more varied and detailed with the mini stories plus it started properly getting somewhere with the underlying story, romances and characters. Not that I didn't enjoy it before hand, just sayin'.
May 30, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
Judging by what he said early in the episode, Nephrite might have his own agenda. Sailor V was already a celebrated hero at the start of the series, and now Sailor Moon is getting great press. With that in mind, I'm not quite sure if the fact that all these various incidents have been caused by supernatural forces is public knowledge or not. Usagi's brother definitely witnessed a Youma this time...

I liked how Fire Soul barely avoided Moon; minor interactions like this instance of friendly fire can spice up the action and make it a bit more grounded. Since Nephrite entered the picture, combat often progresses farther than before: the Youma usually gets to properly attack and disable some of the Scouts, which provides a bigger challenge for them. Though admittedly, Moon was the only Scout during the Jadeite arc, and even stopping herself from crying or running away used to require effort.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that Nephrite's minions always have access to some sort of a ranged attack, which used to be less common before.
LeeTailorMay 30, 2017 5:53 PM
May 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Mar 2017
Yup, dolls are still creepy as fuck. I loved these genuine and sweet sibling moments between Shingo and Usagi in this episode. Usagi is a pretty cool big sister. It's also cool to see Rei and Mamoru actually still dating, even if it doesn't look like he enjoys himself too much. :P

This episode also reminded me that we have yet to see the real Sailor V. I wonder how long it will take until that happens. (Don't answer it)

/edit: Plus I like the story development for the bad guys! There really seem to be some different power dynamics and intrigues at play, which makes them less one-dimensional. Personal relationships is one thing this series does surprisingly well, because I also love the dynamic between the sailor soldiers so far.

I think I will raise my rating for Sailor Moon for now. I am really fanboying over here right now!
Sep 10, 2018 9:52 AM
Mar 2018
This was a decent episode. The plot was decently entertaining and there was some nice emotional moments.
Sep 28, 2018 8:27 AM
Apr 2018
Mika owned Shingo with her Sailor Moon doll. Poor Mamoru,he didn't knew how to say he didn't like dolls
Jan 6, 2019 3:57 PM

Jul 2015
The dolls were pure nightmare fuel, even for Sailor Moon monster standards.

That was a good episode, Usagi was a good sister for once lmao.
Jul 20, 2019 2:18 PM

Sep 2012
What the f. That was the creepiest episode for no reason.
Jul 11, 2020 3:39 AM

Aug 2016
Creep ass dolls lol.
Main Villain, the puppet looking doll's powers made me think of Buggy.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 26, 2021 3:06 AM

Aug 2020
Creepy dolls are so cute~
Apr 22, 2023 3:04 AM

Jul 2021
HawthorneKitty said:
Dang, I was kinda hoping that Mika would have made a Sailor Moon doll instead of an action figure. That clay thing was not that bad in the end also.

Shingo is a piece of shit for trying to save himself by denying her doll though.

Yeah it was wrong, but he's just a kid. Do you remember what it's like having your friends in school laugh at you over something?
May 23, 2023 12:47 PM

Apr 2023
Usagi appeared as a 'heroine' in this episode and showed a lot more character than in some of these fillers. And plot development - yay! The fighting was rather rushed but it was nice to see Shingo and Mika make up at the end.
May 25, 2023 2:01 PM

Mar 2022
What is it with this show and creepy ass dolls? First the theme park episode and now this. Jeez. Anyways I really liked the moments between Usagi and Shingo, just showing that they can get along with each other. Looks like Rei's still dating that Mamoru that...I didn't expect to continue but at the same time I have a feeling it ain't gonna last long. Ya know every time I see that poster of Sailor V, I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to seeing her appear. Quite a lot of development then what I was expecting there. Otherwise pretty good episode.
Mar 1, 5:59 PM

Sep 2021
The dolls in this episode were creeping me out, I hate dolls. The part where Mamoru seemed to recognize Nepthrite was really interesting, I wonder if he’s going to accidentally give away that he’s tuxedo mask soon
Apr 6, 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
I liked this episode a lot, especially the fact that it centers on side characters, in this case shingo.
the monster of the week was really cool, i always appreciate doll-like creatures.
so Rei and Mamoru are really dating, this is very interesting, i like them together.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

45 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 11, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Spoilers for episode 34

GakutoDeathGlare - May 9

3 by Asahinchi »»
May 9, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yonatay - Dec 9, 2009

50 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 9, 2:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.