Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2010 11:31 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sleeping Giant Thud is out and it kicked Crow's ass, That card Crow activated in response to Two Pronged Attack, Bomb Guard is in the next TCG expansion Shining Darkness which just came out in Japan a few days ago.

Aug 4, 2010 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
lol Crow was owned :3
Aug 5, 2010 12:27 AM

Jul 2009
Hoppy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Sleeping Giant Thud is out and it kicked Crow's ass, That card Crow activated in response to Two Pronged Attack, Bomb Guard is in the next TCG expansion Shining Darkness which just came out in Japan a few days ago.

wait wut, The Shining Darkness came out in america a few months back, about 3 more months behind in japan. the next set is the Duelist Revolution.

OT: Really, to not take life point damage from an attack, dont have an attack mode monster or dont have a monster at all lol, it gains +1000 from its target and if it had no target, it couldnt attack.

Crow got decimated. loled so hard when two pronged attack and dragon capture jar was used
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Aug 5, 2010 1:15 AM

Sep 2007
Hahaha !
Waiting for 20 turns was difficult but wow ...XD
Aug 5, 2010 3:51 AM
Dec 2009
Damn does every WRPG duel have to be this epic?İ can't even forget the last match.

One moment i felt Yusei's feeling and gave me goosebumps.Potential.Don't need more words.

BTW did anyone notice that none doesn't call Yusei with -san or -kun.Man i would love to hear that.Or Yusei-chan lol.
Aug 5, 2010 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
Super Buddha Fist was win. It seems the next episode might be where Yusei obviously wins with his Shooting Star Dragons. (or just use a mass destruction effect :/)
Aug 5, 2010 10:16 AM

Feb 2010
damnn that card is so beast :O
Aug 5, 2010 2:16 PM

May 2010
I wonder how they won the previous duels without using Sleeping Giant Thud. And I can't believe they compared the card to the three gods, jeez.
Also I noticed that a guy in the crown looked exactly like Tristan from the first series.
Aug 5, 2010 8:09 PM

Jun 2010
I'm pissed that they compared this ugly thing to the three epic Egyptian God Cards that will forever be etched into our memories.

As someone who tried using a Quickdraw Dandywarrior deck, as well as a Quickdraw Tuningware deck, I must say I'm absolutely impressed with Yusei's first turn. I was expecting Junk Synchron instead to revive Tuningware though, and that Debris Dragon totally seemed like an asspull. xD

Holy shit. Shooting Star Dragon next episode. Gonna be epic man. :D
Aug 5, 2010 9:34 PM

Jul 2009
can't wait for the next episode :D shooting star dragon FTW :D though i would love some more aki action but then again that's for next season :|
Aug 6, 2010 12:33 PM

May 2010
PrinceHeir said:
can't wait for the next episode :D shooting star dragon FTW :D though i would love some more aki action but then again that's for next season :|

They have totally left Aki out. Yusei, Jack & Crow have the most screentime and it can be a little annoying.
Aug 6, 2010 12:35 PM

Nov 2008
Dudewitbow said:
Hoppy said:

wait wut, The Shining Darkness came out in america a few months back, about 3 more months behind in japan. the next set is the Duelist Revolution.

OT: Really, to not take life point damage from an attack, dont have an attack mode monster or dont have a monster at all lol, it gains +1000 from its target and if it had no target, it couldnt attack.

Crow got decimated. loled so hard when two pronged attack and dragon capture jar was used

I'm a bit behind on the TCG, anyway I also loled when those older cards are used, I thought those would be lost to Yu-Gi-Oh History.

Aug 7, 2010 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
amazing episode, can't wait for next week
Aug 7, 2010 5:38 PM

Apr 2008
Seeing those old trap cards being used were great. I'm loving this while I can because I think it's clear we'll be seeing a lot of Synchro summons in the next round.
Aug 8, 2010 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
I feel sorry for Team Taiyo now because in the next episode(or 2) they're going to lose to Team 5d's and they worked so hard to enter the WRGP.

Anyway, I thought Thud was ugly and the way it came out of the ground kinda freaked me out.

"Life or death...it means nothing to me..."

Aug 12, 2010 11:57 PM

Feb 2010
wow this is my new favorite episode team taiyou is mother fuckin win
Feb 10, 2015 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
Yuki_Giou said:
I wonder how they won the previous duels without using Sleeping Giant Thud.

Im guessing by keeping their defend strategy up and keep using the Speed World 2 spell.
May 21, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2010
I hate that monster, it's horrible. :(
May 24, 2015 4:27 PM

Apr 2013
Not entirely sure why that monster is considered so OP if its atk is 1000 points above your monster unless there are other effects. Not to mention Taiyou apparently won all their other duels without it :/

It's nice seeing everyone cheer for Taiyou and their fathers realizing the potential their sons had. Also really like Yusei thinking back on his days working on his first D Wheeler.

I really like Team Taiyou. They're a bunch of likable guys with an interesting deck. It was really neat to see some cards that I got from old starter decks (like yugi and kaiba) in use: Dragon Capture Jar, Two Pronged Attack (which was never used in the show until now), Gift of the Mystical Elf, Castle Walls, and Fake Trap among other things.

It's kinda sad that Taiyou'll probably be blown out of the competition next episode, but the were a good first team for the finals.
Jan 12, 2017 1:50 AM

Jul 2008
I don't know why but I'm totally pumped after watching that episode.

The only thing I'm confused about is why they waited 20 turns instead of the 10 turns.
Dec 17, 2021 10:20 PM

Aug 2019
WolfWood37 said:
The only thing I'm confused about is why they waited 20 turns instead of the 10 turns.

10 of their own turns, which is 20 turns in total since their opponents' turns are counted in that tally, too.

I totally get why 4Kids didn't dub this little Team Taiyo arc; Zushin looks like trouble considering that it has dark skin and big bright red lips, so 4Kids was clearly trying to avoid another Jynx situation. Also I hated how the crowd just changed sides and began stanning Team Taiyo after previously talking shit about them. :/
Oct 19, 2022 2:49 PM

Jan 2020
I never had a Zushin. How common can it be? Also, as strong as the Egyptian God cards? I'll believe that when I see it.

Well, suddenly the crowd is on Team Taiyo's side. That sure escalated quickly. Not sure what the appeal of this monster is to be honest.

So far, Zushin really doesn't seem all that great. It's only ability is that it has 1,000 more attack points than the monster it attacks? Based on the card details on the wiki it isn't immune to spells, traps, or card effects either. So, I don't know how they can say it's as strong as the Egyptian God cards.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 24, 6:59 PM

Sep 2017
one moment they boo, then they switch sides, then they call crows attacks cheap trick and to not attack

what is wrong with the crowd.

how does one beat that ugly giant.
if its damage is always +1000 higher based on what it's fighting.. hmm. maybe negate its abilities somehow.
Feb 28, 7:02 AM

Jul 2013
This thread doesn't age well lol. The crowd is hyped for an unexpected deck/card that's considered garbage by the community, yet someone managed to make it work in a competitive setting. A similar thing actually happened in a real life event:

It's not about winning, it's about making history.
JustMonakaFeb 28, 1:46 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 140 Discussion

Ozelot - Dec 26, 2010

14 by samot-frt »»
May 13, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 103 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 31, 2010

13 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 102 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 24, 2010

23 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Mar 30, 2011

81 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 4, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 151 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 9, 2011

33 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.