Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 2, 2020 3:01 AM

Oct 2016
What a great start to the second season, jumping to the perspective of Akasaka and Oishi 30 years later. Damn, I did not like seeing Rena like that :(( but, it was still great to see grown up Rena.

The first OP cannot be beat but, that was still a pretty great OP. Damn, we thought we got a happy ending before. Nah, they still all died except Rena. So, no matter what the Great Hinamizawa Disaster still happens huh. How are they going to stop that? I am looking forward to the answer to that.
Nov 19, 2020 3:01 AM

Feb 2017
Ah, so Time Wasting arc takes place after Atonement, not Curse Killing? And that’s why Ooishi is alive?

So I suppose the doctor’s ‘suicide’ and the ‘gas eruption’ are also static events in the timelines — do they all end like this, with a sole survivor from Hinamizawa? They don’t seem to happen in Cotton Drifting/Eye Opening but I suppose we don’t know for sure. Interestingly enough, both times we have a sole survivor it’s the person who went insane (Keiichi/Rena respectively) — that has to be related.

I’m still confused if everything is 100% real that we see through the optics of the insane person — Keiichi’s flashbacks seemed to imply they weren’t?

I honestly thought Rika’s hair colour changing to cyan a few times was just an animation error — I realize now I should probably be taking note of that.

I guess for now we’re rolling with ‘alien parasites fill people with maggots, make them go insane, and create a doppelgänger of them’. Doubt that’s the half of it with this show, but that’s what we’ve got.

Opening thoughts on season 2 are as follows. The next episode thing is weird — I assume it’s going to do that every time but I don’t get it at all. The OP/ED are a lot weaker, but that was always to be expected. No opinions on them yet beyond that. This episode was a dull info dump and the national police guy is the least interesting character in the show — still not sure what purpose he even serves — but I assume it’s going to pick back up. Slow start for a new season nonetheless. Also there’s no dub and that makes me sad because I’d gotten attached to the VAs. I suppose I’ll just have to compare the sub while watching this season.
Nov 26, 2020 10:03 PM

Mar 2019
What a start!!!!!!!!!
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 28, 2020 7:25 AM

Jan 2020
I took way too much time to get back to Higurashi, but I'm glad I did.

I was quite fascinated to learn the aftermath of "The Great Hinamizawa Disaster". Seems like Rena was the only person who survived from her friend circle. Though, in another timeline, we found out that Keiichi was the one to survive. Adult Rena looks great by the way.

The animation looks a lot fresher than before. But honestly, I kinda prefer the original artstyle more. It might take me some time to get used to the new artstyle.

The opening music is the reversed version of the original one? I didn't notice that at all to be honest. But now that I'm listening to it again, they do sound similar. Especially the last few seconds make it obvious. A very cool concept, I have to say.

Anyways, a pretty decent introductory episode. I'm really excited about what's going to happen next.
IrrelevantGuyDec 28, 2020 7:51 AM
Jan 20, 2021 1:02 PM

May 2010
Man, I regret not watching Higurashi series earlier. This episode alone left me a feeling of excitement that I missed in anime. (Been on hiatus for around 7-8 years). I'm so happy I picked up this series.

Other than that, this whole "sci-fi" premise reminds me a lot of
Mar 17, 2021 5:17 PM

May 2020
Really great start to the series :) I am glad we are seeing Akasaka again, since I really enjoyed him as the protagonist for that one arc last season. Rena also seems to have seen a lot of shit in those 25 years since the first season ended, although Ooishi in contrast still appears to be about the same as before. I not really too on board with the idea of aliens; I am much more on board with Ooishi's theory about the three great families crafting a bacteria.
May 21, 2021 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Oishi looking older. Well, 30 years have passed.

So Rena is the only that survived. I've been putting off since I watched the first season back in October. Honestly, I have missed this.

Dec 17, 2021 6:20 AM

Aug 2020
Info dump in the first episode? Nice.

It seems like there is going to be a lot of talking this season.

More mysteries to undercover. Can't wait.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 4, 2022 12:51 PM
Nov 2020
Let's do this. I kept this one on hold ( to calm down myself ) now it's time to continue. I hope this time we will solve this mystery.
Btw, Time skip Rena looks so good and cute.
Jun 5, 2022 6:10 PM
Mar 2014
Great first episode. I was hoping to see how things looked like after such a long time and it does help set things in perspective with the disaster taking place soon after the last episode of season 1. Poor Rena, can only imagine her going to the hospital then hearing that all her friends have died in her absence from a gas explosion, if that's the case.

Lots of information this episode that made me excited to see what else they have in store for us.
Jul 5, 2022 1:01 PM

May 2016
A great start and thanks to this I remembered what happened in the prequel.
Aug 23, 2022 1:07 AM

Mar 2019
I really hope the whole alien thing is just a red herring. It's difficult to take seriously. :/
OωO
Nov 22, 2022 9:40 PM

Aug 2014
Im currently watching season 1 in English dub because I cannot stand the original Japanese dub. Im enjoying season 1 because of it.

Doesnt this season 2 have an English dub? Ive searched everywhere for an English dub of this season 2 and nothing
Jul 23, 2023 5:44 AM

Apr 2022
Why is Oishi still alive bro you're 85 GO DIE  😭

Jul 31, 2023 5:22 PM

Jun 2020
Very interesting ep, so rika resets timelines??? getting very interesting.....
Nov 12, 2023 6:23 PM
Jul 2017
lets see where this goes, avg ep 1
Mar 19, 4:48 AM
Jul 2023
гавно полное никак не могу досмотреть уже 7 лет нихуя не понятно но круто да круто секс
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.