Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2010 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
Just as the title says, I see this series complete box set up for sale for 20 bucks on some Japan site, and I was wondering if the DVDs of the series been subbed? I can't find a torrent of them ANYWHERE.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Jul 20, 2010 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
Not in the foreseeable future, it won't be. But hey, there's always Cruchyroll!
Jul 20, 2010 4:53 PM

Apr 2008
DrakeWants2Speak said:

thanks for the help but is what crunchyroll have what aired on TV in Japan, or DVD?
Jul 20, 2010 5:12 PM

Nov 2008
Goodtimes420 said:
DrakeWants2Speak said:

thanks for the help but is what crunchyroll have what aired on TV in Japan, or DVD?

Of course.
Jul 20, 2010 5:28 PM

Apr 2008
GreyWinged said:
Those cheap boxed sets you're seeing are probably poorly-made Chinese bootlegs. Beware.

I don't plan to buy, I would if North American distributors didn't make so many changes then the original Japanese version, I know they don't do it to all of them, but they do change script and scenes in a lot of series.

But with that, I'm assuming the DVDs are not out yet, or at least not the full series???
Jul 20, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
Goodtimes420 said:
I don't plan to buy, I would if North American distributors didn't make so many changes then the original Japanese version, I know they don't do it to all of them, but they do change script and scenes in a lot of series.

What? NA DVD releases don't edit scenes or script -- dub scripts may differ a little, and the likes of 4kids butcher stuff to hell, but otherwise, scenes are untouched, too. Except for very select cases like Bund's naked lolis being objectionable to puritan Americans.

It's very rare, not "in a lot of series".

Oh, and moving this to series discussion...
Jul 20, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
Goodtimes420 said:
GreyWinged said:
Those cheap boxed sets you're seeing are probably poorly-made Chinese bootlegs. Beware.

But with that, I'm assuming the DVDs are not out yet, or at least not the full series???

Don't lie. If you "would" buy, you'd have DONE so and know that your claim is entirely false.
You can find me on IRC.
Jul 21, 2010 12:45 AM

Apr 2008
Kuyukly said:
Goodtimes420 said:
GreyWinged said:

Don't lie. If you "would" buy, you'd have DONE so and know that your claim is entirely false.

I'm not lying, I prefer DVDs, but I honestly thought that a lot is edited or changed when they reach over here, maybe I just like fansubs better, every time I see crunchyroll or north american distributors I end up liking the fansubs better then their subs, translation and all. I just see to many changes from raws/fansubs to a lot of anime I've seen through north american distributors, maybe from now on I'll watch fansubs, and if I decide I want to own it, I'll rent the DVDs and see from there.

Anyways enough off topic, I just want to know if the DVD version of the series been subbed or even released yet. for a bonus, is there I good english information site of anime dvd releases in Japan?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Koihime†Musou Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 22, 2009

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 11, 2023 10:44 AM

Poll: » Shin Koihime†Musou Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 17, 2009

14 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 11, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Shin Koihime†Musou Episode 10 Discussion

athyra - Dec 7, 2009

11 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 11, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Shin Koihime†Musou Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 30, 2009

12 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 11, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Shin Koihime†Musou Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 23, 2009

16 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 11, 2023 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.