Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2010 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
thats the part they never explain. probably bacteria. radioactive bacteria lol

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 12, 2010 11:14 AM

Jan 2010
garfield15 said:
Darklight0303 said:
The classical zombie was not made to overpower a human in a one on one. they were made to swarm their prey like piranha. They made up for their slow by using numbers to corner and devour. THAT is the origin. Quite frankly I would roll my eyes if we got the Resident Evil 4 and 5 variety >_>. Slow zombies are true zombies >_>

"When did zombies learn to run!?"

Left 4 dead xD & Movie Dawn of the Dead
Jul 12, 2010 11:18 AM

Feb 2008
Eternal_Shield said:
garfield15 said:
Darklight0303 said:
The classical zombie was not made to overpower a human in a one on one. they were made to swarm their prey like piranha. They made up for their slow by using numbers to corner and devour. THAT is the origin. Quite frankly I would roll my eyes if we got the Resident Evil 4 and 5 variety >_>. Slow zombies are true zombies >_>

zombies can't run in dawn of the dead. they can climb ladders though lol

Jul 12, 2010 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
genomaru said:
Eternal_Shield said:
garfield15 said:
Darklight0303 said:

they even climb when their legs cut off xD
dunno but i remember one of the zombie movies have running deads
Jul 12, 2010 11:20 AM

Apr 2008
Eternal_Shield said:
genomaru said:
Eternal_Shield said:
garfield15 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well it's plausible as long as they still have arms
Jul 12, 2010 11:21 AM

Mar 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Eternal_Shield said:
genomaru said:
Eternal_Shield said:
garfield15 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well it's plausible as long as they still have arms

In the remake of the Dawn of the Dead in 2004, zombies were running.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 12, 2010 11:24 AM

Feb 2008
In Left 4 Dead the enemies are Living People. just infected with some virus. Why are people calling them zombies? zombies are the living dead. thats why the enemies in L4D can run.
werent there running zombies in Zombieland? i think I saw one in the trailer

Jul 12, 2010 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
Far better episode with the introduction of likable characters like Fatty and Sword Girl. However, the episode had a huge weight on it with two more virtually worthless bimbos in the Doctor and Pink-Haired Bitch.

That said, the best scene is where Fatty and Pink-Haired Bitch discuss the abilities/attributes/weaknesses of the zombies.

And I don't like whining about censoring, but damn...that last kill...that wasn't mindless violence like a lot of the show. That was a very specific character moment that needed to be shown. Shame it was covered up.
Jul 12, 2010 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
Pepelina said:

Hmm, perhaps I should paraphrase it. But how?...

Anyway, I know what a zombie is. It's just that I believe that in this kind of environment it would have been better to use fast zombies to make things much more exciting. See, they are freshly dead, thus their body parts are still somewhat responsive. But when the decomposition sets in they get much slower, turning into a rotten yet unstoppable force moaning for more guts. I think fast zombies allow stories that are filled with urgency and quick, almost desperate immediacy: "Close that door now! Get in the car! Take that axe now! Nooo, not Jimmy, he was such a brave fellow! Whyyy?!"... Fun, isn't it?

I know, I know: such a misconception simply kills the classic monster; they're decomposting, so their body parts are obviously much less responsive, etc. Honestly, I believe it is rather absurd to debate about the rules and anatomy of a fictional monster, but I do think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter.

Anyhow, I do think that fast zombies are great when people want some entertainment. Really, I don't want to be bored to death with observations on the human decomposition. Come on, it's an anime, after all - make it as entertaining as possible!

/end of rant

Well, I get what you're saying but this show is partly a big love letter to the Romero zombie movies zombie apocalypse and stuff so if they were fast it wouldn't really be the same. It would just be like all the other modern fast zombies out today.
Jul 12, 2010 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked how the glasses guy and the "genius girl" talked about the attributes of the zombies. Could come in handy later.

Whoo hot sword chick :P.
Jul 12, 2010 11:54 AM

Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
Far better episode with the introduction of likable characters like Fatty and Sword Girl. However, the episode had a huge weight on it with two more virtually worthless bimbos in the Doctor and Pink-Haired Bitch.

That said, the best scene is where Fatty and Pink-Haired Bitch discuss the abilities/attributes/weaknesses of the zombies.

And I don't like whining about censoring, but damn...that last kill...that wasn't mindless violence like a lot of the show. That was a very specific character moment that needed to be shown. Shame it was covered up.

My rating gone down one point only for censoring that part. And come on now, if anyone wants to watch this anime is for the "tits and gore", well for me it's mostly the gore, if they leave such parts out then there's nothing for anyone in this anime to watch.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 12, 2010 12:02 PM

Jan 2010
HELL YEAH, Sawashiro's character is finally getting some time to shine. And she's definitely a billion times better than Rei. Actually, she's a billion times better than any character in this whole anime. I was going to drop this, but I'll keep watching it for Saeko.
Jul 12, 2010 12:07 PM

Sep 2007
Lol at even the AT-X version needing to censor the power drill to the head. Hirano and Saeko are total badasses. And lol at people still complaining about lack of plot. This is a "let's get the fuck outta here and survive" story, not a "let's go save the fucking world" generic plot line. Honestly, if they tried to put in a parallel plot about where the infection came from along with the current storyline, it would just screw up the whole point of the series.

Saeko oh so deliciously evil looking
Jul 12, 2010 12:14 PM

Mar 2009
Wasabi said:
Lol at even the AT-X version needing to censor the power drill to the head. Hirano and Saeko are total badasses. And lol at people still complaining about lack of plot. This is a "let's get the fuck outta here and survive" story, not a "let's go save the fucking world" generic plot line. Honestly, if they tried to put in a parallel plot about where the infection came from along with the current storyline, it would just screw up the whole point of the series.

If we wanna see a bunch of highschool students saving the world from a zombie apocalypse, then we are all just a bunch of retards.
Jul 12, 2010 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:

Whining about censoring is not my thing either but yes, this. Truly.

These DVDs better be uncensored or I'm not buying.
Jul 12, 2010 12:18 PM

Dec 2009
Hirano is hilarious
I still can't take this show seriously
and the nurse should use her boobs as a riot shield
Jul 12, 2010 12:24 PM

Mar 2009
So is there any uncensored version of this epi out there?
Jul 12, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2010
StrawHatLuffy23 said:
fucking ed song. they changed it already. i liked the one in ep 1
I actually liked it
Jul 12, 2010 12:43 PM

Jan 2008
kodial said:
So is there any uncensored version of this epi out there?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=246139
Jul 12, 2010 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
StormViruz said:
"whats more important, your clothes or your life??"

Saeko made my day.

Agreed! Love her!

The part that was the saddest moment to me was when the main male character knew his mother was probably dead since she worked at an elementary school. so sad.

And can u imagine!? Little creepy zombies everywhere? ::shudders::
Jul 12, 2010 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
*skips 9 pages*

OMFG I think I'm in love with Saeko <3<3<3 *nosebleed*

I want a Hirano to tag around with me xD

Not enough Gainaxing in this episode. Good amount of panties, just not enough boobs.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 12, 2010 12:45 PM

Jun 2009
i cant wait for more Saeko
Jul 12, 2010 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
Takagi and Hirano are awesome.

Tbh I would have been extremely disappointed if there weren't scenes where main characters freak out a bit... And Takagi didn't disappoint.
I've never liked characters that are just too cool to be realistic at all.
Jul 12, 2010 1:25 PM

Jun 2007
Pink haired girl is so fucking annoying.

May 2009
I loved how they animated Saeko it was awesome <3This episode felt kind of rushed for some reason and CENSORED. Though still loved it.

Feb 2010
Finally I could see Hirano, he's one of my favorite characters from de manga. Very nice episode, I loved the drill part, the ending when they saw the outbreak through the TV was cool too. I Hope they don't censor too much the gruesome scenes from the next episode...
Jul 12, 2010 1:28 PM

Nov 2008
Pheefa said:
*skips 9 pages*

Too bad she's going to
Jul 12, 2010 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
Maximatum99 said:
Pheefa said:
*skips 9 pages*

Too bad she's going to

AHAHAHAHA nice try
Jul 12, 2010 1:34 PM

Nov 2009
magentaanbu said:

Why's that? Because she's a more human character than emotionless samurai badass?
Jul 12, 2010 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
LostHanyou said:
magentaanbu said:

Why's that? Because she's a more human character than emotionless samurai badass?

Oh she's more than that but you'll see later on *chuckles ominously*
Jul 12, 2010 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Pheefa said:
*skips 9 pages*

Too bad she's going to

Oh, no you didn't.
Jul 12, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Oh god this series is just too good to be true. It has everything I need =3
Jul 12, 2010 1:48 PM

Sep 2009
Saeko and Hirano are just AWESOME!!!!

Maximatum99 said:
Pheefa said:

Too bad she's going to
You are kidding right??!!

The nurse should die ASAP.

There is something wrong with Rei..her boyfriend just got smashed in the head and she is blushing from a stupid touch from Takashi.

The best part of this show is that it makes me want to scream XD
Jul 12, 2010 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
Lol at everyone who's trolling in this thread, or at least, trying to.
Jul 12, 2010 2:15 PM

Aug 2009
I, for one, am really enjoying the episodes so far. And I've generally liked all the characters, though the klutz nurse grates on my nerves.
Jul 12, 2010 2:16 PM
Dec 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
Too bad she's going to die.
You are kidding right??!!

Lol trollsuccessed
IHATEWEEBSJul 12, 2010 3:34 PM
Jul 12, 2010 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
Tassadar said:
Now speaking of which – prove me wrong, but don’t nailguns have a blockade that allows to shoot only when the front is touching the surface of your target? Or could he just remove it like it was nothing?

Well, while I do believe that there are some with that kind of blockade, there are also ones without it, I've personally used one like that... However, the thing that bothers me is the fact that nailgun simply isn't made for shooting at a distance, and its projectile loses kinetic energy very quickly... That said, just hurting someone at a distance bigger than one meter seems quite unrealistic. :/

Other than that, I really like the episode, Hirano & Saeko are awesome, Takagi is somewhat annoying, but she's moe so it's okay. >_>
-"Megane..."
The nurse [for now?] fits the "the oldest but completely childish and unaware of shit going on around her" character type, and that annoys me as hell. Hope they'll go with the "standard" zombie movie procedure and kill off the dumb blonde in the next couple of episodes.
Jul 12, 2010 2:30 PM

May 2009
Sweet drill kill.
Jul 12, 2010 2:31 PM

Apr 2010
Just watched the episode. Hirano makes me smile :) I think the highlight of this ep. for me was Takagi's first kill.

And I LOVE Miyuki Sawashiro's voice...that was one of the things that brought me to this anime. Saeko seems like a cool character, can't wait to see more of her.
Jul 12, 2010 2:39 PM

May 2008
Loving every single second of it
Jul 12, 2010 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
Oneironaut said:

And I LOVE Miyuki Sawashiro's voice...that was one of the things that brought me to this anime.

Tell me about it, her voice is just absolutely amazing <3 Made me enjoy this episode a lot more than the first one.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 12, 2010 2:59 PM
Feb 2009
need more action and bloodz
Jul 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
What the...? It didn't even cover one chapter? I've got a bad feeling about this... Leaving that aside, i'm pleased by Saeko's, Marikawa-sensei's and Saya's voices, but Hirano... guess it doesn't fully suit him. Oh, and Shizuka-sensei was kinda cute, more than in manga.

Also, Saeko~ <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 12, 2010 3:16 PM

May 2008
I loved this episode, it was insane~
Jul 12, 2010 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Pheefa said:
*skips 9 pages*

Too bad she's going to
Lol, nice troll.

sayami said:
I loved this episode, it was insane~

No, it wasn't.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 12, 2010 3:21 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Dead zombies are dead.

This episode wasn't too bad, Kouta is hilarious.
Jul 12, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
What the fuck, is someone going to cry every single episode?
Other than that, still loving this shit :D
Jul 12, 2010 3:24 PM

May 2010
Fat kid can shoot, there's a shocker.
Jul 12, 2010 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, another intense episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 12, 2010 3:29 PM

Jan 2008
Everyone seems to hate Takagi. Can't say I do, personally I like her more than the rest. Saeko may got a wooden sword and skills but Takagi has glasses. :D

Avatars/.gifs to annoy people. (Feel free to use, made em small enough to use on MAL so quality may be low)

made this one for the lulz
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.