Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 6, 2010 12:25 PM

Jun 2009
viral_hun said:
Oosran said:
Lastly, I felt like something was missing, and then I lol'd when I realized what it was

xD felt the same besides i thought his head is movijng strange now i know why
Jul 6, 2010 1:43 PM

May 2008
I was waiting for this series to start!
Cool start.
Jul 6, 2010 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
Hana-kei said:

her cuteness stands out of the other girls, i think

yeah.. she's the prettiest girl here..
and next to her is the girl in your avatar though i doubt she will be included in this series..
Jul 6, 2010 2:11 PM

Apr 2007
DrRoboto said:
I lol'd at the Harry Potter soundtrack.

lol me too, I was like "that's HP right?" lol
was that really a HP soundtrack tho? or just a really similar adaptation of it..?
anyway... for one who hasn't read the manga yet, I find this is a good start, plus the art is good
crystal_yuyJul 6, 2010 2:16 PM

Jul 6, 2010 2:15 PM
Dec 2007
Junji Nishimura and DEEN did a good job on this one. The animation, backgrounds and lightning effects are really good even though I definitely don't like the character designs. Seems like a good shonen series overall, even though it's far less remarkable than Kekkaishi overall. Will watch some more, definitely.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 6, 2010 2:39 PM

Mar 2009
whaaaaat only 24 episodes!? The manga is still running though, I hope they atleast make a second season or maybe a third because one season won't be enough, that's for sure.
Jul 6, 2010 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
I can't understand these guys from DEEN studio. Why they must always change the manga plot hm? they wanna create their own story or what ?
hasylyJul 6, 2010 2:55 PM
Jul 6, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
Guys, we were never going to get the manga plot as long as the show was 24 episodes. We know from that interview that the show will have changes approved by the original mangaka. So let's just see what happens.
Jul 6, 2010 3:35 PM

May 2008
Well, it was an ok episode, I guess. Nothing really happened, got to know a few characters which seemed avarage, though I assume the story will progress and we'll get a great plot~ I'm curious about the next episode...
Jul 6, 2010 3:40 PM

Apr 2009
Shounen(DEEN + boring^2) + Good seiyuu cast - Manga plot = ????
Jul 6, 2010 3:51 PM

Jun 2009
>_< wow come on.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 6, 2010 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Shounen(DEEN + boring^2) + Good seiyuu cast - Manga plot = ????

PROFIT! :P
Jul 6, 2010 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
That first episode was SO F###ING AWESOME. Of COURSE ViZ would call dibs on it.

"Nura would one day grab the whip and inspire fear." It should already imspire fear amongst the animu otaku-base who'd wanna see pansy male leads, and a large percent of the animu industry that caters to them.
Jul 6, 2010 4:32 PM

Dec 2008
crystal_yuy said:
DrRoboto said:

lol me too, I was like "that's HP right?" lol
was that really a HP soundtrack tho? or just a really similar adaptation of it..?

They changed a couple of notes/chords at the end of some phrases, but it's essentially the same.
Jul 6, 2010 4:48 PM

Sep 2009
DrRoboto said:
Me too... was picturing harry potter XD

Hana-kei said:
her cuteness stands out of the other girls, i think
Awwww...I could just hug her.

A normal 1st episode.

Rikuo doesnt look 12 in his youkai form or does he become 12 only in his human form?
Jul 6, 2010 5:18 PM

May 2009
I kind of liked it; seems like an interesting shounen and I liked the art. I heard a few good seiyuus too.
The question is if the plot is going to be any good, especially if it's not manga material.
That Tsurara girl was really cute and I love her eyes..
Jul 6, 2010 5:22 PM

Jul 2009
It's not a bad episode but I was hoping it would start from the beginning of the manga. Though it looks like that what happened 4 years ago would still be animated so I won't complain anymore :D

Well, seeing Tsurara animated just made this more enjoyable~
This is a signature.
Jul 6, 2010 5:31 PM
Nov 2009
The first episode didn't really impress me so much, But I guess that's understandable since having a way to much action packed first episode usually turns out pretty bad. Nevertheless I will be following the series till the end:)

PS. The most awesome thing is the voice cast. So many good voice actors and you can see that its a pretty huge investment cause of the voice actors. Lelouch and Haruhi and some other pretty famous voice actor:) Though still I would like to have Zeros voice as the night formed since that would be awesome:D Revival of Lelouch.
Jul 6, 2010 5:46 PM

May 2009
decent at best though still not horrible will probably keep watching. Need to read the manga I was planning to have some of this read but I never got around to it. Lol.

24 episodes? wow that is actually kind of shocking. . .
Jul 6, 2010 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
Yes Horie Yui..this will make my summer better
Jul 6, 2010 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know how to feel about this yet.

It wasn't too entertaining nor too boring, just...average.
Jul 6, 2010 6:04 PM

May 2010
Well, the beginning of the manga is just soooo average that most people drop it after a few chapters. It does get way better in later chapters.

And wow, human Rikuo's voice is even more kiddy than I've imagined. I thought his voice will be similiar to Takanashi of Working!!, or something like that...

Ah well, a 7 for now, cause Night Rikuo didn't have a badass transformation scene at the end of the episode.
a_l_2606Jul 6, 2010 6:11 PM
Jul 6, 2010 6:06 PM

Aug 2009
Kind of a slow start to a shounen, but I like the plot seems interesting enough. I'm really looking forward to seeing Rikuo transform.
Jul 6, 2010 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was Ok.
Jul 6, 2010 6:50 PM

Dec 2009
Why do all the main characters have highlights o.O? Other than that, decent first episode, it's got potential.
Jul 6, 2010 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
Was even borier than I expected. Now I'll give it another chance because we don't get much with this episode but I doubt I'll come to like it.

FukuJun + Hirano... I usualy don't care about FukuJun but that guy is freaking everywhere and I get annoyed as soon as I hear his voice now... Hirano=Haruhi. I just can't stand her voice anywhere else anymore...

Harry Potter music wtf...
Jul 6, 2010 8:12 PM

May 2008
I am truly disappointed... why did they had to start with Gyuki? and the old school building investigation was 10 times funnier than this crappy version of the anime...
And i don't remember anyone from Rikuo's class going to his house before that time they do an investigation in his house. Especially not with a "let's finish our homework!"

i hope this gets better... otherwise i won't raise the 7 i just gave this thing... you people make sure you read the manga! That one i gave 10/10!

Join my club: The Walking Dead
Jul 6, 2010 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
I found it kinda boring. 6/10
Jul 6, 2010 8:34 PM

May 2008
DrRoboto said:
So I wasn't the only one! D:

This was a weak first episode, I'm hoping it'll get better later on... FukuJun's voice really doesn't suit Rikuo DX
Jul 6, 2010 8:40 PM

May 2008
Tegami said:
DrRoboto said:

I said "Harry Potter!" with a very British accent

Join my club: The Walking Dead
Jul 6, 2010 9:13 PM

Feb 2008
gomu_dots said:
Tegami said:
DrRoboto said:

I said "Harry Potter!" with a very British accent

oh so it wasn't just me who hear a bit of harry potter in there....that was a bit amusing.

this is not wizardry people!
Jul 6, 2010 9:47 PM
Jun 2010
That was so boring...

the guy has 1/4 demon blood ? how is that even possible ?

And what the hell was the "let's do homework" part ? The girl was inside a haunted house with friends, she got attacked, fainted then she got transported outside, she woke up, asked where are the demons, the guy's respond : there aren't any, let's do homework. She was like "ok"... WTF ?!

Let's hope it gets better in the next episodes. So far it's the worst 1 episode of this season I've watched. Even Highschool of the dead / Occult Academy were more interesting than that :/

Jul 6, 2010 9:56 PM

Sep 2009
supersayen said:
the guy has 1/4 demon blood ? how is that even possible ?

A demon fucked his grandma. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
Jul 6, 2010 10:49 PM

Jun 2010
Not bad I guess, theres potential. Ive never wanted to see Inuyasha for certain reasons, this was decent, nice voices, okay OP, the main character isnt incredibly wimpy. The manga itself is pretty decent in Japan with reviews, its placed top 10 in certain categories, but apparently the anime might not stick to its original plot. Oh well only time ill tell, even Fairy Tail had lots of naysayers at the beginning.

Plus I just have a hard time turning down swordsmanship in any anime.
Jul 6, 2010 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
SkyFade said:
Not bad I guess, theres potential. Ive never wanted to see Inuyasha for certain reasons, this was decent, nice voices, okay OP, the main character isnt incredibly wimpy. The manga itself is pretty decent in Japan with reviews, its placed top 10 in certain categories, but apparently the anime might not stick to its original plot. Oh well only time ill tell, even Fairy Tail had lots of naysayers at the beginning.

Plus I just have a hard time turning down swordsmanship in any anime.
I'll just tell you now that Inuyasha is nothing like this at all. I'd be comparing it to at least 100 different series before Inuyasha, with it mostly being like Kekkaishi with a mix of some elements from Natsume Yuujinchou, KHR and some others.

And it's confirmed that the anime is sticking to the original plot, just changing the way some things are done.
Jul 6, 2010 11:22 PM

Jun 2010

See I was getting KHR vibes while watching this, you know the whole 'doesnt want to be leader' aspect, luckily he isnt as insufferable as Tsuna, although not as outgoing as Natsu and Luffy. Never saw Kekkaishi, but loved Natsume Yuujinchou. Oh well I love it when a shounen sticks to the manga, im happy.
Jul 6, 2010 11:35 PM

Feb 2009
What's with this all-star voice cast?

So is his waifu just spendan the night at his crib? Pro?
Jul 6, 2010 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
I'm impressed. Finaly a shounen show with a good pace, and without 'over 9000!!!' attack moves.
Jul 7, 2010 4:21 AM

Sep 2007
In my opinion...
the episode was ok as an episode but as the FIRST episode.

Totally lost. Where's all the introduction stuff? I, oh so obviously felt like I just picked up a series at episode 5 or something rather than episode 1.

On that note...they better do some sort of explaining or flashbacks or something within the next 5 eps...otherwise I personally will have a strong urge of dropping this just cuz of the fact I have yet to feel any attachment at all to anything they do/go through...sort of like a "being left out of the loop" feeling....

<.<
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 7, 2010 5:11 AM

Aug 2009
Very, very bad. A lot of things promise me that it will NOT going to be an enjoyable ride watching this for me. It was incredibly boring, with some amazing amount of tiring cliche's (AS EXPECTED) and uninteresting characters. Yokai theme isn't my cup of tea most of the time, (only exception being Natsume.) and I saw a lot of hypes that is saying it is absolutely nothing like Inuyasha. However, I still got something so generic that I couldn't even be bothered to care about this luxurious seiyuu casting.

Instant drop.
Jul 7, 2010 5:44 AM

Aug 2008
Nadistu said:
In my opinion...
the episode was ok as an episode but as the FIRST episode.

Totally lost. Where's all the introduction stuff? I, oh so obviously felt like I just picked up a series at episode 5 or something rather than episode 1.

On that note...they better do some sort of explaining or flashbacks or something within the next 5 eps...otherwise I personally will have a strong urge of dropping this just cuz of the fact I have yet to feel any attachment at all to anything they do/go through...sort of like a "being left out of the loop" feeling....

<.<
Well, the bit at the start was from the end of the first arc, showing whats to come. Other than that, you were pretty much right, as the anime starts at chapter 2. While I didn't feel that way myself, looking back on it I can see how you feel that way.

If they adapt it the way I think they will, you'll probably have the same feeling next episode, but it will start growing on you after that.
Jul 7, 2010 7:11 AM

Jul 2010
dayum... I thought i would turn out to be a recycled-version of something like Inukami or Wagaya no Oinari-sama, but it turned out to be good :P

Also, I'm starting to like that yuki onna already :D

Jul 7, 2010 7:49 AM

Feb 2009
Lots of negative responses here. I'm not surprised, the first episode was a little weak. Rearranging the events of the story is kinda surprising but if the mangaka supports the changes as mentioned in an interview, I don't mind because it really might improve the story. If they play it out well, I think the happenings "4 years ago" will be mentioned in the next episode/s. I was clearly disappointed that this is only 24 episodes but if the director will be extending some parts of the story as suggested by the author, I think it is a decent length.

As for my thoughts on the episode, it was very great. Art and character design are really good, much better than in the manga which was kind of confusing at times. Though seeing them in full color could get some time getting used to ^^; OP and ED were great, especially the ED. Tsurara, Kana and Yura were really cute there as well as their overall design. Voice acting is exceptional, some well known seiyuus here like FukuJun, AyaHira and Horie Yui which really fits their roles well.

It's always the big 3 and Reborn who are dominating the shounen anime but now some of the other works of WSJ are getting animated which is a good change. NuraMago, Bakuman(where I learned about NuraMago. They mentioned it was a good oneshot turned manga), which is airing this Fall and the recent announcement of Beelzebub getting an adaptation. Now if only Psyren could get an adaptation, I would be a really happy fan ^_^
Jul 7, 2010 8:27 AM

Aug 2008
belatkuro said:
Lots of negative responses here. I'm not surprised, the first episode was a little weak. Rearranging the events of the story is kinda surprising but if the mangaka supports the changes as mentioned in an interview, I don't mind because it really might improve the story. If they play it out well, I think the happenings "4 years ago" will be mentioned in the next episode/s. I was clearly disappointed that this is only 24 episodes but if the director will be extending some parts of the story as suggested by the author, I think it is a decent length.

I'm not really sure if the changes in this episode were the type the mangaka was talking about. I think theres 2 possible reasons for the change, the first being to act as an introduction, or the second to make it more interesting for the manga readers. Hopefully it's the first, but as I said before, I actually liked the changes for this episode. The problem with the adaption is that many of the early chapters wouldn't really mix well by combining them into 1 episode. For the happenings "4 years ago," with the limit of 24 episodes I'm assuming that they'll only cover part of it.

With the interview confirming that the shikoku arc will be in the anime, I actually think that 24 episodes probably isn't quite enough to cover the 47 20-ish page chapters, with the expansion of some events. This is definitely the type of series that benefits from a slower pace (at least the start is, though the shikoku arc isn't). I'd be more confident with 26. Anyway, the director is quite experienced so hopefully the pacing will be handled well.

It's always the big 3 and Reborn who are dominating the shounen anime but now some of the other works of WSJ are getting animated which is a good change. NuraMago, Bakuman(where I learned about NuraMago. They mentioned it was a good oneshot turned manga), which is airing this Fall and the recent announcement of Beelzebub getting an adaptation. Now if only Psyren could get an adaptation, I would be a really happy fan ^_^
You mean the Big 3, Reborn and Gintama :P. Also, the announcement for Beelzebub is only an OVA, unless there has been another announcement...
Jul 7, 2010 8:42 AM

May 2010
Yoshiki said:
Was even borier than I expected. Now I'll give it another chance because we don't get much with this episode but I doubt I'll come to like it.

FukuJun + Hirano... I usualy don't care about FukuJun but that guy is freaking everywhere and I get annoyed as soon as I hear his voice now... Hirano=Haruhi. I just can't stand her voice anywhere else anymore...

Harry Potter music wtf...

Well, in my book, too much of a good thing is an awesome thing...

Lelouch is just too sexeh.
Jul 7, 2010 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the production values are WAY above what I expected and since I know the whole thing, rearranging the scenes didn't bother me much. But on the other hand, this really feels like a Disney cartoon to me. A traditional soundtrack and some of the manga's watercolour-style drawings would've made this so much better.
I'll keep watching since I'm a fan of the manga, but I'm not very happy with this.
Jul 7, 2010 9:01 AM

Jan 2009
Average episode. I am surprised it's supposed to have only 24 episodes; I thought they would go with 51. Well, as long as they choose quality over quantity...
Jul 7, 2010 9:06 AM

Feb 2009
llamaben said:
With the interview confirming that the shikoku arc will be in the anime, I actually think that 24 episodes probably isn't quite enough to cover the 47 20-ish page chapters, with the expansion of some events. This is definitely the type of series that benefits from a slower pace (at least the start is, though the shikoku arc isn't). I'd be more confident with 26. Anyway, the director is quite experienced so hopefully the pacing will be handled well.
So it goes until that arc? Guess it now depends on how this will be taken by the public if it will continue past that, and that's where it really gets better. As for the length of 24 episodes, it depends on how much expanding the arcs will be undergoing. Let's just wait how the director does it, seeing as he is a fan of the manga.

llamaben said:
You mean the Big 3, Reborn and Gintama :P. Also, the announcement for Beelzebub is only an OVA, unless there has been another announcement...
Oh yeah, Gintama too xD. I'm really fine with just an OVA for Beelzebub but I really hope it gets a series. Psyren also :D
Jul 7, 2010 9:17 AM
Feb 2010
This interview it explained everything
Director and mangaka

- First of, what Shiibashi-sensei feel when it decided to have an anime?
Shiibashi Actually I have heard from the editor from quite a time ago that "there's the talk of having an anime". The editor's carrot tactic (lol). I got lured and while encouraged thinking "It may become an anime!", I worked my best for the serialization. That's why when it's decided, I feel "I finally arrive here". I'm really happy.
- Is it the first time you met director Nishimura?
Shiibashi No, this is the 3rd time, because I also participate in the scenario meeting.
Nishimura That's right. And when I met Shiibashi-sensei we always talked about how interesting "Nurarihyon no Mago" is (lol).
Shiibashi I'm really happy to hear that kind of talk from director Nishimura.
- Different with the original manga, the anime started from middle school arc, will there be a lot of original development inserted?
Nishimura Basically, I intend to follow the original work faithfully. Only, I think it will be good to add scene that had to be cut in the manga and complement it with the anime. If you read the original work, there's a reasonable number of scene where you would think "It will be more interesting if you draw more in it", whether it the situation or concept. I think the situation where the story had to progress is caused by various matters, but I think it's such a waste.
Shiibashi There's a number of them. Gyuuki arc for example... I want to draw more, but the story will be more for adult (bitter laugh).
Nishimura When I heard it, I said "Then please let me do it in the anime!". I think for the anime, Gyuuki arc will be the one which have complement part the most. When I read about how Umewakamaru became Nurarihyon's subordinate, it only last about 4-5 pages, I though "There should be more story in this!". That's why the past story will be done more thorough. Scenario's Takahashi Natsuko also have same opinion, so we decided instead of making new youkai and new episodes, we complement the in-between in the original work. It just, we will change Shikoku arc a bit, I want Inuhouou to have more role in it (lol).
Shiibashi I wish so too! There's a lot I want to do in the Shikoku arc, but I can't do it in the serialization. That's why in the scenario meeting I let out all my idea of what I want to do in Shikoku arc. I expected to have Shikoku arc complete version in the anime.
Nishimura In the meeting, I express my idea of what I feel from reading the original work, and it's close to what sensei thinking.
Shiibashi Yes, it just like what I want to do, I'm so glad that the image the production team have is the same.
- So Shiibashi-sensei do not feel uneasy with the reconstruct in the anime?
Shiibashi Not at all. Rather I really anticipate how it will become with the change. For example, characters that don't show up too much in the original work, with them showed up in the anime, I'll understand "Aah, he/she/it is that kind of person!" (lol). Especially Wakana-san... Also I heard they'll have Kana-chan out more, so I'll look forward to it.
Nishimura Kana-chan will read the subtitle for every episode.
Shiibashi Is that so!
Nishimura Although the sound director told me, "Even the subtitle will feature Kana-chan?" (lol).
Shiibashi Thank you, I'll leave Kana-chan to your hand (lol).
- For the last part, please a word for WSJ reader who will watch the anime.
Nishimura I think it will be best to make story composition that will make those who read the original work think "I'm happy it get expanded like this in the anime", I include my love in places so those who watch the anime will think "The director loves Nuramago". This is how this anime made, so please look forward for the broadcast.
Shiibashi I can also feels the director's love. I'm really happy that I can have the same image of the work with the director, from before the broadcast of the anime. I feel this will go towards a really good shape where me, the anime production team, and probably the original work fan will think, "For the anime, this is the best". I usually draw it alone so I don't understand, but talking with the anime staff, they have the same opinion of "Isn't it better to make this this way?", oh, they thought the same thing with me! (lol). I think the anime progress forward to the readers expectation, so look forward to it.

source
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58382&page=10
Jul 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter

Also, uninteresting.
I'll give it couple episodes.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kokoro_412 - Jul 26, 2010

87 by vadoyager7 »»
May 18, 6:42 PM

» Nura's Head Shape

Thorgut - Apr 24

4 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
May 9, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.