Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 6, 2010 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
first Impression : Reverse Seitokai no Ichizon
now, lemme look into the character :
Shino : she's like Misa-chan in Kaichou wa Maid-sama as a president. remove the president, she's like Yamada in B-Gata H-Kei (a girl who doesn't know that kind of "thing")
Hagimura Suzu : Sanzenin Nagi anyone?
Shicijou Aria : "ara-ara" without motherly figure
Takatoshi Tsuda : Just an ordinary plain guy. Remind me of Kyon if he made those monologues when he responds to the girls' joke.

This episode : The jokes were being forced. I barely made any laugh when I watched this ep. I had watched mitsudomoe before watched this and this show's pervert jokes is far from funny.
Well, at least I laugh a bit when Suzu want to kick Tsuda
oh yeah, Kuroko that reporter from newspaper club is awesome and really made this show, somewhat good.

I think I'll give another shot before I decide to drop or to continue this show
tomzwalkerJul 6, 2010 6:48 AM
This is my signature. Can you believe it?
Jul 6, 2010 7:36 AM

Apr 2009
This is slightly amusing.

The comedy is hit or miss. Some parts were pretty funny.
However, it feels like a very dull comedy to me compared to more recent shows.

I'll give it another shot this week, but I'm betting that it'll be the same:
Redundant, awkwardly executed sexual humor.
mell4444Jul 6, 2010 7:40 AM
Jul 6, 2010 9:18 AM
Nov 2008
Hmm. Interesting combination of Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Seitokai no Ichizon, although not as good as either. Definitely got some good laughs in though, particularly with Suzu. I'd say this is probably my current favorite of the summer season, although none of the new shows have blown me away yet.
Jul 6, 2010 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Randomly throwing vulgarisms to the left and right doesn't make a good show. This was just plain boring, tasteless and without any style whatsoever. One of the worst single episodes I've ever seen. 3/10 and a certain drop.
Jul 6, 2010 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
MadKazumi said:
WTF with this ero interview?!

Haha, that interview was the best part of the episode. Could have been worse but I don't think it's worth watching, likely dropped.
Jul 6, 2010 2:59 PM
Jan 2010
What the hell did I just watch. Weird anime, but some jokes were good

I'll keep watching
GBcrazyJul 6, 2010 3:06 PM
Jul 6, 2010 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
while people comparing this one with gata kei,
i found gata kei much much superior and entertaining

the joke was like.. not.funny.at.all @_@
i chuckled a bit though when the chibi girl launched a kick attack in slow motion
Jul 6, 2010 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
menstruation jokers everywhere.
Jul 6, 2010 8:52 PM
Jul 2009
It surprised me, but I thought it was funny and I like chibi. So I'll keep watching for now
Jul 6, 2010 10:35 PM

Dec 2009
garfield15 said:
That being said, this is the first anime based on a 4-koma in which I actively realized it was a 4-koma. All the scenes/jokes are too random or otherwise go at a predictable pace. I was kinda bored by this. I'll watch episode 2 to see if it's any better but as of now, not impressed.

And it's not because of the ero-ero either cause B Gata H Kei is one of my favorite comedies. The sex jokes in here were trying too hard to be subtle without actually being subtle (I know that sounds weird) and as such, it's just not funny.

I will say though that ED sung by angela is made of win. Animation was nice too.

I also guessed it was a 4-koma, but I haven't actually read many 4-koma so I wonder if my reasoning was correct. My reason is that the scenes were so choppy -- they stopped to point out almost every joke! I think the jokes would have been much funnier without the fanfare -- the way they paused to stamp/explain the jokes left me cringing. Especially for the weaker jokes.... A smoother delivery style might improve the show.

All the comparisons to B Gata H Kei were also suprising to me. Yes, they both have H jokes, but there is not much similarity in delivery. B Gata H Kei seemed more character driven. I imagine that the characters in this show will develop more slowly. Seitokai Yakuindomo reminds me more of Working!! Both are like sitcoms because of all the banter -- and apparently, both are based on 4-koma.
Jul 7, 2010 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
it is weird but its ok since it is funny

Jul 7, 2010 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
OMFG how can people review something that is not even done yet?

as for this episode: I kinda liked it and will watch it
Jul 7, 2010 4:58 AM

May 2008
This. Animu. Is. EVIL!
Jul 7, 2010 5:12 AM

May 2008
havsie said:
It's Kaichou wa Maid Sama for boys.

Basically the only way to sum this show up.

haha exactly same thought.!
Jul 7, 2010 5:24 AM

Mar 2010
somewhat funny
Jul 7, 2010 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
I think the first episode was kinda funny, even if I didnt lold i smiled alot, looking forward to the next episode.
Also, Takatoshi reminds me of Kyon.
Jul 7, 2010 9:57 AM

May 2009
It was good, the humours too random, but it made me laugh at times
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 7, 2010 11:50 AM

Feb 2010
Kanade-chan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow.

Strange dildos, perverted girls, and sexual harassing female teacher.... such a strange opening.
I first thought it will be like "Kaichou wa maid sama".

"Wait... What did I just watch?" - That was my first reaction. This show is so damn funny. Really liked the first episod,e especially the characters.
Jul 8, 2010 1:08 PM

Jan 2009
What was drawn on the suggestion box?? did she draw a vagina there or something lol
Jul 8, 2010 4:52 PM

May 2008
Haha, that was really great. I really enjoy the humor in this anime. It actually made me laugh non-stop at one point. So far, this looks like it will be my favorite of the season, but we'll wait and see until it gets a few more episodes in. I hope it keeps up the same type of humor as it displayed in this first episode. On a side note, the OP and ED were hilarious in my opinion. Really great stuff.
Jul 8, 2010 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
it felt like i was watching B Gata H Kei and Seitokai no Ichizon at the same time

B Gata H Kei = comedy that was perverted
Seitokai no Ichizon = comedic student council

B Gata H Kei + Seitokai no Ichizon = a student council that is perverted = Seitokai Yakuindomo = fucking greatness (as of ep 1)

also, how and why are there already bad reviews for the show? its only one ep in... i know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you did not find that ep at least somewhat amusing, then your opinion is wrong (imo)
Jul 9, 2010 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
WOOOOOW!

This was bad. Really REALLY bad. The jokes are awful. Characters are... urgh. Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes without falling asleep. Well, it was 4:00 AM anyway, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
It was just bad.

Dropping this.

No wait, I'm not even adding this to my list.

Oh, 1 good thing. Liked the purple-ish color when they were standing outside at the cherry blossems. That made me smile and feel at ease.
The jokes didn't. They made me facepalm in a bad way.
Jul 9, 2010 4:14 AM
Apr 2009
SamTheNayru said:
WOOOOOW!

This was bad. Really REALLY bad. The jokes are awful. Characters are... urgh. Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes without falling asleep. Well, it was 4:00 AM anyway, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
It was just bad.

Dropping this.

Oh, 1 good thing. Liked the purple-ish color when they were standing outside at the cherry blossems. That made me smile and feel at ease.

I guess that's no surprise, because I just looked at your list and you rated a lot of shite anime high.
Jul 9, 2010 7:08 AM

Feb 2010
deaththeteen said:
SamTheNayru said:
WOOOOOW!

It was just bad.

Dropping this.

I guess that's no surprise, because I just looked at your list and you rated a lot of shite anime high.

He scored Umineko 9 D:
Jul 9, 2010 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
Stop being so butthurt, geez. He stated an opinion.
It's not like anyone's taste is supposed to be the acceptable norm.
Jul 9, 2010 9:42 AM

Jul 2010
Its like everyother anime....i really need to get back top bleach, i cant take this cute stuff anymore....even though my girlness needs it.

Jul 9, 2010 10:34 AM

Jun 2010
It's good. I lauged like hell. I think it surpasses "ecchi"? :D It's good because at least I need 3 - 4 ecchi in a season.
Jul 9, 2010 2:17 PM

Dec 2009
johnkx said:
OMFG how can people review something that is not even done yet?

Why are you complaining? So far this only has 3 reviews. Go to the Highschool of the dead page and look how much reviews it got so far. 32 [mostly positive] reviews for 1 mediocre episode. Go to that board and complain there.
Jul 9, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
deaththeteen said:

Butthurt much?

sile said:
He scored Umineko 9 D:

*cackle* *cackle* *cackle*
Problem, sile?
ahaha.wav

-----------------------

Meh, guess I'll give it another chance. :/ I was being a little bit too harsh.
Samu-tanJul 9, 2010 4:09 PM
Jul 10, 2010 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
I've been going through random ridiculous anime withdrawal since the end of Minami-ke :3 I'm so pleasantly surprised to have stumbled upon this new anime <3 The first episode was hilarious.

I think this might make the top of my list for this season.
Jul 10, 2010 8:06 AM
Oct 2008
if this goes on to all future mainstream anime, all the chibi-kuns gotta wait till they re legally eligible to watch anime!. Harem traps. This was one shot after the other! Caught me off guard, each and everytime.

its funny. im interested to see how this goes on.
Jul 10, 2010 3:49 PM

Jul 2009
godspeedotaku said:
I
FoxInTheBox said:
What did she write on the box? ;D

In the manga, she drew an eye on the box, which was kind of a pun on what suggestion box is in Kanji.

I don't get it.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 10, 2010 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
Okay, wtf?

but woah, I'm in love with the ending o.o
Jul 10, 2010 8:52 PM
Mar 2010
Which sub group prefered?

I watched ryuumaru's v2, but apparently according to the reviews, there are mistranslated jokes...?
Jul 10, 2010 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
LOL, I found it pretty funny, was expecting a harem type of anime.

I'm glad it's not like that. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 11, 2010 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
wheresthehandle said:
godspeedotaku said:
I
FoxInTheBox said:

In the manga, she drew an eye on the box, which was kind of a pun on what suggestion box is in Kanji.

I don't get it.

Can you explain that more? And I'm guessing it ended up looking like a vagina or something since she seemed embarassed about it "don't look!"

mstrchef117 said:
Which sub group prefered?

I watched ryuumaru's v2, but apparently according to the reviews, there are mistranslated jokes...?

Not really.. Doki/Ryuumaru probably the best, and Ryuumaru has TL notes for some of the jokes that might not make sense outside of japan, so I think their release actually made more sense. If you're talking about the keeping secrets/tight lips joke, I think both translations more or less hit the same point.
Jul 11, 2010 11:17 AM
Nov 2007
wheresthehandle said:
godspeedotaku said:
I
FoxInTheBox said:

I don't get it.

It might look like an eye, but actually it a vagina.
Jul 11, 2010 4:49 PM

Jul 2008
so a former girl's school going co-ed, and the student council is made up of perverted girls- this should be interesting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 11, 2010 6:22 PM

Dec 2009
lol right off the bat im sold, this anime is pretty funny, like the first few minutes in the train were all the guys hands are up in the air made me laugh
Jul 12, 2010 12:36 AM
Apr 2009
.........uh...what did I just watch?...

Well, it was very funny. I hope they don't just keep making sex jokes, or it's going to get old just in the next episode.
Edit: sigh, nvm
nonmp89Jul 14, 2010 1:19 AM
Jul 13, 2010 12:14 PM

May 2007
Sex jokes are so funny.

Jul 13, 2010 8:24 PM

Jan 2010
Can't stop listening to the OP.
Jul 15, 2010 1:42 AM

Nov 2008
This Anime is hilarious xD
Jul 16, 2010 1:19 AM
Apr 2009
sile said:
deaththeteen said:
SamTheNayru said:
WOOOOOW!

It was just bad.

Dropping this.

He scored Umineko 9 D:

Damn... Such bad taste.
Jul 16, 2010 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
OK............i am strugguling to find the meaning of this -
I think i am missing a big laugh
Could anyone get the translation? as i am stuck.......
Jul 19, 2010 6:36 AM
Jan 2010
Holy Shit this is so much better than Seitokai no Ichizon, want more.
Jul 19, 2010 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't feel anything special but I tried to continue watching because of Tsuda harrassing Hagimura for being a minicon. Such scenes like Opinion box, Interview scene and how the female interpret Tsuda's thinking
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 25, 2010 2:33 AM

Mar 2008
tired jokes for the most part, but I'll try and watch more :D
Jul 29, 2010 5:18 AM

Feb 2010
defunct said:
tired jokes for the most part, but I'll try and watch more :D

I agree... but for some reason.. I can't stop watching!
Jul 29, 2010 7:09 PM

May 2010
Jokes were very perverted and definitely not in my taste - and I like echhi. Dropped. Didn't care for any of the main characters, either.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Aug 21, 2010

143 by TheAnosVoldigoad »»
May 12, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Any good?

Mr-Yoshi - Mar 6

11 by veseny »»
Mar 8, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Sep 25, 2010

208 by Apratim »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 17, 2010

179 by Apratim »»
Feb 10, 7:31 AM

» Wow FFandMMfan's hate for this anime was really toxic

AkihitoZero1224 - Dec 31, 2023

12 by Saynarra »»
Jan 1, 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.