Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2014 10:12 PM

Oct 2012
My favorite character appear for a few seconds and die D:

Story was good nonetheless
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Sep 24, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
I never get to see more than few episodes of this series... and movie, now rewatching it.

OP and ED were sure great and whole episode was very intense. Many unfamiliar terms, many questions.

But it sure started very interesting. Thanks to some prior knowledge of manga I actually understand what happened a bit but I still remember how confused I was after the first episode back then.
But it's worth to wait, detailed explanations will come soon enough.
Aug 19, 2016 8:06 PM

Aug 2012
-Whoa there's nightmare fuel right off the bat
-Why does it seem that everyone with an identifyable face in the classroom scene was in the OP
-Why is horror not one of the tags on the MAL page
-Wow Yuuji got shot down before he could even say anything
-So uh, what was the point of that scene at the way beginning of the episode if there's just gonna show it again
-That's an awful long staring contest that didn't really accomplish anything other than introducing an ominous looking guy who appears to have a map of the area
-Yeah like everything that happened in the middle of the episode was already in the scene from the beginning
-Reversal of entropy is a pretty nifty power
-I actually like how they keep referring to Yuuji as an "it"
-The concept of people being spirited away and replaced with an empty shell to preserve order is actually pretty interesting

I did not like what they did with the flash forward at the beginning at all because they just ended up explaining what happened in the episode itself. In other words the scene at the beginning was pretty much useless. They spoke with a bunch of technobabble in the spirit world but maybe they'll make sense of it later on. Premise is pretty interesting so far with the people who were devoured by the spirits not getting properly revived.
ThreePercentAug 19, 2016 8:09 PM
Dec 1, 2016 6:22 AM

Dec 2015
No. Just no. That kind of MC sucks. What a big dumbass. Shana is better than you.
Jun 2, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
Good start, the concept seems interesting and I'm curious to learn more about it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2018 12:26 PM

May 2015
Well. Here we go. Hope this series is good.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 7, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2013
Well with it now being Oct 7 2020 all around the world can officially say season 1 episode 1 is 15 years old with it airing Oct 6 2005

Is just amazing how great the series turned out with of course some minor set backs and issues but its just crazy to think what we might of missed without Shakugan no Shana and it all started here

So glad episode 1 still holds up now after 15 years and I hope it'll be fondly remembered by those who enjoyed the series back when
Feb 7, 2022 8:02 PM

Nov 2010
That OP is gonna be hard to skip. I love it!

Normal life is boring. I wish my normal life was suddenly shattered like his as well.

Urusai! urusai! urusai! I love Shana already. Tsundere girls are awesome.
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 2016
Very good intro episode. Also the protagonist dosent go with the girls he likes at beginning. She wanted the other one. Thats good.

Howewer, a new girl appeared. Is she also an object? I want to know more about this universe.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 8 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 5, 2008

39 by GoddessOfSake »»
Sep 23, 2023 7:22 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 3 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 4, 2008

38 by ka7eMARU »»
Jul 23, 2023 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.