Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2010 7:36 PM

Nov 2008
I used to hate it because well the first 20+ episode is kinda boring. Plus the animation is not that great. But hey i think the animators are getting used to it so the art is better now. Or is it just me? Oh well!
la_tigraJun 30, 2010 7:55 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 29, 2010 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
I hated it before I started watching it. I really didn't appreciate the drawing style and I'm not actually that much of a comedy fan. My sister actually made me start watching the show. It took all of 3 episodes to convert me though. By the end of 3 (the end of the introduction of my love Zoro ;P) I was hooked, and didn't get proper sleep for about two or three weeks as I juggled school and other real world stuff with watching One Piece XDD Now it my absolute favorite anime :3

Badges: CCO || TCO || ACP || TSC || OEC || UC || TES
Jun 29, 2010 7:59 PM

Apr 2009
la_tigra said:
I used to hate it because well the first 20+ episode is kinda boring.And the animation is not that great. But hey i think the animators are getting used to it so the art is better now. Or is it just me? Oh well!

same over here :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 18, 2010 6:10 AM

Nov 2009
Honestly, I hated One Piece.
But after I saw this AMV... I was amazed and couldnt stop myself 'till I watched the anime and read the manga.
I recommand it for everyone who thinks one piece is boring.
Aug 26, 2010 8:48 PM

Aug 2010
At first it was interesting, but the story wasn't picking up and I stopped watching. Once they fought Crocodile, I heard it was picking up, so I started from the start again and watched and read all the way through. Now I'm in love, lol.
Aug 26, 2010 8:53 PM

Dec 2009
i always loved it since the first time i watched it, its addictive! XD
Aug 27, 2010 12:00 AM

Jul 2010
eddypc07 said:

This lol.

And in response to the art style you have to remember Oda has been drawing this for a DECADE. His style is going to change, and it did a lot.
Sep 2, 2010 4:28 PM

Mar 2007
eddypc07 said:

THIS. loved the show since first episode.
Oct 30, 2010 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
To be honest, it was so-so at first. But for some odd reason I couldn't help but keep watching! OP for me went from one of my fav anime to my life <3
Aug 16, 2011 7:36 PM

Nov 2009
oh boy ive always heard of one piece, it was in every anime page
but i ignored it cause of the art, then one day i was like you know what ima give it a try if i dont like it ill stop
from that day i wached one piece all the way threw
i saw the whole serius in 2 months and it took me about 5 month 2 wacth the first serius of naruto
Aug 17, 2011 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
First and best anime I watched,the art isn't good though :I
Aug 17, 2011 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
It's sad to say my first introduction to One Piece was through 4kids, but then I started watching the Japanese version (and got bored). I was still only a little kid at the time though ^^;

Now that I've seen Oda's prowess in storytelling and tying things together, I absolutely LOVE One Piece. It's the BEST shounen out there.

I also love his style :3
Aug 18, 2011 8:03 AM

Aug 2011
I didn't hate it, but before I watched it I thought it looked way too childish and unserious. I disliked the artstyle and thought I'd never be able to get used to it. I remember that I tried the first episode once, but dropped it right after. Then, a long time after that, I tired again and got hooked as I continued on to the Baratie arc, Arlong arc etc.
The usual I guess :)
Now it's my all time favorite anime/manga!<3
Aug 19, 2011 1:21 AM

Feb 2011
I read the first tome , long time ago and I didn't like it, but I saw it in anime and I watched all episod quite quickly !
Aug 21, 2011 10:41 AM

Oct 2009
I never hated OP, but I didn't think it was that great in the beginning. I considered to stop buying new volumes around volume 10, but I never did and I'm glad I didn't. It started to pick up fast and I was totally hooked around volume 14 and 15.
Sep 18, 2011 1:41 PM
Aug 2011
I always adored One Piece. It's probably because in Greece, it was the original anime with Greek dub and not the retarted 4kids version. Anyway, the East Blue Saga will always remind me of my childhood and how I started loving this amazing show
Sep 19, 2011 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
When I started watching OP I was around 10 years old, I didn't really care much about anime, since I just wanted to watch cartoons. Soon I started watching anime, and I thought to myself, "Hey I should watch all those animes that I watched in the past." And boom it was great, OP now is at the top of my list, and I love Saturdays now because that's when OP airs.
Sep 19, 2011 7:24 PM

Mar 2008
I thought the animation was lame and back then I had only ever seen the 4kids version so I wasn't liking any of that. I had assumed that that was basically it. Then some of my internet buddies told me how good the original is. I decided to check it out. Got hooked after the first episode.
Oct 31, 2011 5:22 AM

Oct 2011
I used to think One Piece was stupid, being about a rubber pirate and all.... then i started reading it and now, well it's one of my favourite mangas, lol, how wrong i was about it, it's so Epic!
Oct 31, 2011 7:16 AM

Jan 2008
Whoa totally did not see this forum XD. Well to be completely honest with everyone... I didn't want anything to do with One Piece....Mainly because like many had said... Art work, animation, and the story of a rubber pirate... But one day my brothers and sisters were watching the first episode... At first I thought they were crazy.... Now look...6 years later, I'm a bigger fan of One Piece than they are... My life wouldn't be complete if I never came upon One Piece.
Oct 31, 2011 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
I used to hate One Piece because I was introduced to it with the terrible 4kids english dub version... but once I started watching anime, I tried to watch the One Piece version that wasn't produced by 4kids because it was highly rated, I loved it. Now it is currently my favorite thing to watch and read. :D

Oct 27, 2012 10:58 PM

Nov 2010
I have never hated it, but when it first showed on tv I didn't watch it because it looked boring. And the first time I watched it(when it was currently at 312) I didn't think much of the show, it was interesting but not as good to me as Naruto or Bleach. It wasn't until Thriller bark that I started to look forward to the show and it wasn't until the 10 episodes before the timeskip that it became a 10 and my favorite anime.
Nov 4, 2012 8:58 PM

Jan 2012
I didn't hate it, I just didn't care when I started reading it. I have been reading since Viz first published in the Shonen Jump 2003. It had a lot of different chapter for different series and I was more intrested in the Naruto, DBZ, Yu Gi Oh, and Shaman King chapters. But One Piece is great. I couldn't ignore it for long. Before I knew it the One Piece chapters were the ones that I was most excited to read each month in my Shonen Jump. I'm just glad that my introduction to One Piece was the 4kids dub.
Kaizoku_MugiwaraNov 17, 2012 10:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2012 12:39 PM

Mar 2009
I didn' t hate it I've just thought it was weird. At first I didn't like Luffy, for me his character was too loud and noisy. But when I saw Roronoa I gave this anime big chance.
Nov 13, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
Looks like 4Kids Dubbed version ruined One Piece for a lot of viewers. I didn't like One Piece at first because of that version and decided to never pick it up again. Until someone, that used to be close to me, convinced me to try the subbed version. Got me hooked ever since. Not many protagonists have weird powers such as being a rubber man, so it was interesting.
Jul 24, 2015 8:19 AM

Sep 2008
I saw bits of the 4 kids, and thought it didn't compare to Naruto and Bleach. I thought it was a shitty kids show like Bobobo (no hate). Despite that I always noticed it having high scores/reviews. That intrigued me, so in 2009 I finally said what the hell and gave it another chance, this time in it's original version/sub.

No regrets. Easily, EASILY surpassed Naruto and Bleach.

I didn't like the art at first, but something about Luffy in the first episode. It drew me in a bit, and then when I saw Zoro eating those dirty rice balls. Right there, I just had a really strong feeling to continue. A feeling that these were gonna be some awesome characters, and I just kept watching and watching (despite some of the boring episodes in the beginning) until I caught up (during impel down). One Piece really knows how to make you feel. That decision to start was one of the best choices I've made in life. Fucking LOVE One Piece.
Jul 24, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
Before, I started watching it I kind of hated it. When I was seeing my brother watching it I thought it looked boring and I preferred anime with more action like bleach. When I started watching it, too I loved it. Now it ended up being my favourite anime.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 28, 2015 9:56 PM

Oct 2014
I hated it only before I saw it. Mainly because of the art style. But then I watched it, it's now my favorite show, and I actually like the art style. Even the style in earlier chapters/episodes! I actually miss it sometimes!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which is your favorite one piece movie?

Paituwin - Sep 1, 2021

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
11 hours ago

» The gradually-increasing amount of fan-service in One Piece....thoughts on it?

KaiZodd - Dec 6, 2011

12 by philippeb »»
May 9, 3:00 PM

» Who are your favorite characters? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gmgkng - Mar 19, 2010

282 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM

Sticky: » New nakama? Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alipio - Mar 3, 2010

652 by Kai_Dou »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:35 AM

» ★ Random Image Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

la_tigra - Mar 13, 2010

355 by Kwaxiiiii »»
Jan 17, 2022 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.