Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 2, 2012 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
Qashqai said:
For the first time in 2 years, I watched the whole series again (I watched it three times before, so this was the fourth time). In those past 2 years I went through my own "growing phase" or whatever should I call it, so watching this series, where one of the biggest parts is the adolescence of the main character, turned out to be even more enjoyable than the first time. :) it really strucked me how I saw some things completely differently than I did a few years ago (and how Renton saw them at the beggining).
It's my favourite anime series, I don't think I'm even objective, but I love everything about it.
I liked the adolescence of Renton. It felt natural and you could relate with him the most of time if you remember your own "growing phase" ;) the changes that occured in the other characters' minds were reasonable and often amazing and touching, too. I think the characters were my favourite part about this anime, especially the main characters - likable, not black and white, having their good and bad sides and reasons for their personalities to be that, not another, way.
The story was a strong part, too, though. I liked how the story was crafted; the first half focused on the characters more, and in the second half we saw the bigger picture and everything about the plot itself started to make sense. The universe was believable and had an awesome vibe, and the fact it turned out to be Earth itself, just consumed with scubs made things ever cooler. Many references to pop-culture made it even more outstanding and enjoyable. I also loved how Adrock and Diane linked Renton, Eureka and Holland - it was kind of like destiny working.
The graphics were mostly fabulous, though sometimes QUALITY appeared as well... But the fights were awesomely animated and designs were really outstanding. The music was AMAZING. Even the techno tracks were awesome even though I don't like this kind of music. The more "classical" themes were mostly really touching. I loved all the OPs & EDs, songs that don't leave the memory too quickly along with some cool animations.
Well. So. This turned out to be some kind of a pour of an admiration, but like I said, I don't know if I'm even slightly objective. This series had me even after I watched it for the first time - even though by that time I didn't understand much out of the story and characters (I think a re-watch makes it all better in general). It's my favourite since I watched it and I still haven't seen anything that I'd like more.

About the finale... well, I liked it, but there were some confusing parts, I guess. Here is what I think:
The Dewey's plan was basically to make Eureka or Anemone become a cluster and because of a program in the rings, make all the scubs self-destruct (and not reaching the Question Limitation). But he died, and his death triggered the rings without the self-destruction program, I guess, that's why "his life was the Earth's life". After his death Eureka or Anemone would become the cluster and the Question Limitation would be reached because of the scubs which wouldn't be destroyed. I think Eureka had decided she'll become a cluster for the sake of the planet - and here I don't quite get it, perhaps it was to hibernate the scubs - but she was refusing at the start, because she wanted to see Renton. That gave Renton enough time to get into the cluster as well - there, he said he's ready to give up on being a human and to become a cluster along with Eureka, so she wouldn't be alone, so they'd become one. Eureka agreed that along with him it wouldn't be that bad. The Nirvash responded to their feelings and saved it on the Compac Drive which actived some sort of power - the real Satori program I think (because the Nirvash said "satori", it was translated this time though). Thanks to that the Nirvash, along with the scub coral, left the planet and went to another universe; thanks to this, the Question Limitation wasn't reached even though the scubs weren't hibernated or destroyed - they just left, ready to learn about people thanks to those feelings. Eureka and Renton come back to Earth, though they're surely slow with coming home.
I'm not sure if I don't contradict myself there. The most confusing part was when at first they said they'd reach the Question Limitation if the cluster was destroyed and no one would destroy the scub - in other words, if Eureka didn't became a cluster with self-destruction code, and then they said they hasn't reached the Question Limitation BECAUSE Eureka refuses to become the cluster. >< and then that "giving up on being a Coralian/human" part, which sounded like Eureka wanted to became a cluster...

OH MAN SAME HERE. I just re-watched it after 2 years and yeah I still REALLY enjoyed it a second time through. I even wrote a review this time through because I liked it so much. Can't wait for E7AO.
Feb 11, 2012 11:24 AM
Jan 2012
Very nice and bittersweet ending.
I'm glad I watched this anime after some depressing ones.

10/10.
Feb 25, 2012 10:22 PM
Feb 2012
This was Awesome! Although it was sorta bittersweet...
I was really happy for anemone and Domnic. They were my favorite characters even though anemone got me really angry at times.

So many parts of this series held a lot of emotion for me. Like when Renton killed that one guy a saw the ripped of arm, or when Ray and Charles died (I kinda cried), or when that one random girl who finally came out of her sickness right before her and her parents died on the plane(shocking I was sad and I didn't even know who she was)
This is definatly one of my favorites!
Mar 9, 2012 9:43 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
AMAZING!! Its been so long since ive seen such an amazing anime! i wonder how i never watched it before!!! 10/10 !!!!!!!!! BRAVO! xD Me who doesent like much mecha and sci-fi just ACCEPT this one totally!!!

GIVE april for new season!!!
Apr 4, 2012 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
Loved the series when I watched it on CR. Sequel debuts in about a week, can't fucking wait tbh
Apr 5, 2012 7:49 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty decent ending, not as fleshed out as I was hoping, but hopefully the sequel will answer some of the questions.

All in all, it was a pretty good show. 7/10
Apr 9, 2012 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
I couldn't ask for a better ending.

This was a great coming-of-age story overall, but sadly too many things were simply overdone.

The story here is primarily a collection of experiences that make Renton grow up, but the scenarios Renton goes through start becoming fragmented after a while. He gets stuck on one issue after another and going through the same process to grow from it. That's not bad yet, but those developments don't interact enough with each other and the narrative connects and separates them clumsily. I mean, compare this to Dominic's story. It tells the story of a person's growth and while it's naturally not as detailed, ambitious or impressive as Renton's, think of the difference in time spent on them. It just works much better when you keep things subtle and the events flow naturally, that's what I mean.

In the end E7 accomplised the goal of making Renton's overall development impressive and coherent, but the flow of the whole arc lacks smoothness. It's like they lost the inspiration for making him come across as realistic after a while and started to just throw stuff at him. Fortunately it got better towards the end.

Oh well, 5/5, 7/10 rounded up because the soundtrack is so good, I love the character designs and there are too many memoriable moments mixed in.
Apr 10, 2012 3:46 PM
Sep 2009
Very good series, solid 9/10.

It'll be interesting to see how the ending ties with the sequel's story.
Apr 14, 2012 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
Wow! That was one of the most amazing finales in any form of entertainment. No wonder why it won Anime of the Year award in 2005-06.

Eureka looked so pretty in Ranton's arms. If this doesn't guarantee a 9/10 at least, nothing will! ♥

5/5 for the finale! 10/10 for complete satisfaction! I cannot believe I took more than 6 years to complete this!
shanimebibApr 14, 2012 1:16 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 18, 2012 4:07 AM

May 2011
Re watched this after seeing it on Adult Swim many years ago for a refresh on the story. I swear, this anime is just perfect. Very nice ending!
10/10
Apr 24, 2012 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
Just finished the series. Absolutely loved it. I hate it when great series like this end, when characters you've come to know and appreciate and a compelling story is concluded. I'm happy for Eureka and Renton and everyone on the planet. I'm glad the story ended where it began, in Bell Forest with Renton's Grandpa. Wow, so good.

Someone early on in this thread suggested RahXephon for people who enjoyed E7, and I definitely have to agree. Both are wonderful anime and I felt much the same way when I finished RahXephon. Sigh. So good <3
Apr 28, 2012 12:04 AM

Jan 2011
Well worth the multiple days of marathoning this. Now on to AO which has had four episodes to date.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 2, 2012 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
Just finished this then, was a great series, cant wait to start the sequel :D
The_StewardMay 2, 2012 10:12 AM
May 12, 2012 2:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Not too shabby but the ending made me LOL.

Other than the fact many characters did a 180 degree personality turn, it was okay.

8.5/10
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 20, 2012 4:08 AM

May 2009
Where the fuck is the rest of the Gekko?

The son of Holland?

just to name some questions that are unanswered.
May 21, 2012 2:20 AM

Sep 2011
Good series, lots of unanswered questions though. Did they fall onto the same earth? What happened to Gekkostate and so on. I wish we could tell what happened, as for Eureka Seven AO Its sequel it hasn't answered any of this.
May 21, 2012 8:19 AM

Mar 2009
what's with that ending~ its kinda meh in my opinon... expecting an epic battle but none happened... didnt feel a thing about the ending ~_~
Jun 8, 2012 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
aero said:
The ending was great, but left me confused somewhat, so where's Renton and Eureka? Living in the forest? Lol at those kids, one year later and they still look the same.
They show was great, really really good. But the only things that let it down was the somewhat confusing plot at the beginning and some filler episodes, but overall, 9/10.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking... They are just chilling in the forrest and aren't going to go say hi to people? Seems kind of selfish of them. It was a great ending just left a few things unanswered even after the 1 year later scene. Also dying to know about Holland and his kid!

Great anime all and all though, it had me worried at the beginning, lots of stuff unrelated until about 20+ episodes in.
Jun 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Dec 2009
good ending
Jun 17, 2012 11:10 AM

Mar 2012
Having many questions unanswered through the final 12 episodes(kinda rushed), i feel like not complaining anything, because i loved the ending, on which leaves me interpret it on my own as a good sweet ending. 9 or 10/10 whatever.

Great romance(everywhere), great characters(even those who died), huge character development from adults to those annoying kids, drama, action-adrenaline, some philosophy.

Im just happy i found & watched Eureka7, finished 50 episodes during 4-5 days, not disappointed.... disappointed, im with the new sequel.
Jun 17, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, I was not expecting an ending like that. I mean that in a good way. Up until around episode 47 or 48 I didn't feel the ending could be executed that well, but I was pleasantly surprised with the last 12ish episodes, where everything came together and worked out beautifully in the end. Excellent series.
Jun 20, 2012 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
My biggest gripe with it is that they missed their chance to show an awesome scene with Nirvash TypeZERO playing at the end. Really.

They had like 2-3 scenes with it and the Nirvash. With rainbows all over, the Nirvash being everywhere at once, dropping the board at one KLF, hitting another at the same time, disappearing behind hills and appearing again flying straight up with awesome speed. If theres a favorite moment, it is this.

Norb was funny, totally not what you'd expect from a super famous space monk.

Anenome was really really cute in in the last episodes, and i guess it shows that she is human compared to Eureka who is corellian when she talks with the others there. Eureka was never that relaxed, unconcered, talkative..

I didn't like that they had 50 episodes to set up the ending, and then they squeezed so much stuff into the last few, especially the last. The signal lights (anyone else thought Eureka and Renton looked like a police car in the forest?), Eureka changing, Dewey using some kind of ortibal laser platform, Renton is seeing his sister and his father (who didn't say a word or even show that he recognizes Renton. Some of the random people shown displayed more activity), Eureka transforming completely and triggering some kind of red hole, complete with tree to hold it.. and then the Nirvash thing..

And then they have to cut the "and everyone lived happily ever after" part short, only showing the kids, Anenome and Dominic, and the police car Renton and Eureka, and those only hidden in the forest. No reason why, only showing silhouettes..

And that kiss..we barely got to see it, and they faded out quickly, like they shouldn't have done that scene, did it anyway but decided to keep it really really short in the hopes it will get a pass.

For me, they kinda botched the ending, especially, as i said before, when they had 50 episodes. It's not bad, but definitely not one of the better scenes of Eureka Seven.

Oh and did i already say that they missed their chance at playing Nirvash TypeZERO complete with an awesome surfing scene? Yeah? Thought so.

Generally the OST was quite nice. I'd have to listen to every OP and ED again to pick a favorite, but the last one (of both) ain't bad for a start.

I think i'm gonna give it a 8/10, there was some stuff that could have been done better, especially in the beginning where Holland is a total jerk (he kinda made up for it, but still, it doesn't excuse it), the kids *always* being around, the "botched" ending..

Oh, and speaking about the kids: (Nearly) nobody here seems to realize that it's what everyone always wanted, and we never got during the series: The two of them alone, without the kids clinging to them or anyone else interrupting on a regular notice.
Jul 1, 2012 1:41 AM
Apr 2012
Loved this anime although the ending was kinda meh for me i wana know exactly what happend to everyone i guess they did with afew people at the end but what happend to gekko state, the military,other random minor charactersand the world overall, and what about eureka and renton? im asumeing they are alive but why are they glowing in a forest? last thing nirvash said to them was to go live on the planet so wth are they doing? Also have afew nitpics about the world the show takes place in, it looked like the crust of scubcoral broke at the end but i guess it didnt cause we see bellforest again so where is everyone going to live for the future? the real earth or the scubcoral crust and wouldnt that crust make the planet huge and one final thing 10k years is way too long i think just seems unrealistic. over all i give this a high 8 or 9/10
Jul 3, 2012 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
I loved the very last scenes in this episode! You know, the one with Renton's grandpa and the kids, Anemone and Dominic, as well as the silhouettes of Renton and Eureka!

I don't like all the heart-shaped stuff though, and frankly, that heart with Renton and Eureka's names etched into the moon was just way over the top cheesy! Hearts set aside though, the ending was good, although the last couple of episodes left me somewhat confused...

But I couldn't think of any better way to wrap this series up though ^^
Jul 6, 2012 5:53 AM

Mar 2012
I take back something i wrote on the post above about sequel E7 AO, i changed my mind when ep 10 started kicking the plot. c y
huntxJul 6, 2012 5:57 AM
Jul 21, 2012 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
I dont know why ppl say this anime left questions unanswered.
It was the perfect ending for me, everyone is happy and no one died (except Ray and Charles).
Holland must be happy with his wife and kid. Is it so hard to guess that?
Jul 24, 2012 4:00 PM

Mar 2012
i was expecting holland to die but im glad he didnt

this show was great it reminded me of avatar
darkninj12Jul 24, 2012 4:04 PM
Jul 26, 2012 5:09 AM

Aug 2007
Ending could have been done better (such as expounding on the other characters after the 1 year gap and explaining what exactly Eureka and Renton are up to). Besides that, everything else made sense to me. The plot was well developed and so were the characters. I just wish the studio did a better job with the ending.

9/10 well worth the watch.
Jul 26, 2012 5:29 AM

Jul 2011
The end could be much better for a series with 50 episodes.

Enjoyable.

8/10
Jul 27, 2012 1:39 AM
Mar 2012
I loved it but i would have liked it to end differently, but i guess that is what you should expect in animes they all troll you at the end. This was a great series and i dont know about AO but definately should keep it up. remembered watching it on adult swim from episodes 40-44 somewhat little memory, but i finally got it and watched it all, Should have watched the subs, but ill do that rewatch some other time maybe a year or 2 from now maybe 3 it was so beautiful T.T
Jul 28, 2012 9:24 AM
Jul 2012
Great ending, I just started commenting on Discussion pages, and finished watching the series again. Got a better understanding of the ending too. This is what I think happened: Eureka and Renton are now together, when Renton left, he gave the 3 kids( Maurice, Maeter, and Linck) an adoption paper in that bag, which when Axel( Renton's gramps) meets them and learns of his great-grand children, thus they decide to 1 year later celebrate the day they met each other by going to the restaurant, and look at the moon, Eureka and Renton are out in the forest on 1 of 2 reasons, or possibly both - They are either on a Honeymoon-kinda thing(if so 1 year long honeymoon, thats long) and now, being the fact Nirvash took half of the Earth's living things somewhere, it might be that Nirvash took them both too, so 1 year later they come back, and well, are lost in a forest, after Nirvash, and that half of the living things find a way for them to co-exist(most likely is was mostly scub-coral, so the "Question of Limitation" isn't reached, so the universe doesn't go KA-BOOM!) They could now co-exist, and they are eventually reunited. Thats my understanding of the ending.
Jul 29, 2012 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
This was an okay ending.

As much as I hated those kids, Eureka and Renton were selfish if they left them - because the whole way through the series, the kids cried whenever Eureka left for a minute. So R & E promise never to leave each other's sides but abandon the children?

And all the heart symbolism was really crap.

Although - I never imagined the Nirvash to be female, that was surprising. And it's good to see the Gekko all still alive - Now Holland and Talho can have their kid :)

If the tea guy was a coralien, then why was he not part of the storyline whatsoever?
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Oct 7, 2012 12:13 PM

Apr 2009
That was so such a great show.):
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Nov 25, 2012 5:34 PM

Sep 2010
Show was very good although some parts were a bit slow and boring.

Really loved the Dominic scenes the most. xD

8/10 overall

Nirvash is female?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 26, 2012 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
opiumJ said:
This was an okay ending.

As much as I hated those kids, Eureka and Renton were selfish if they left them - because the whole way through the series, the kids cried whenever Eureka left for a minute. So R & E promise never to leave each other's sides but abandon the children?

And all the heart symbolism was really crap.

Although - I never imagined the Nirvash to be female, that was surprising. And it's good to see the Gekko all still alive - Now Holland and Talho can have their kid :)

If the tea guy was a coralien, then why was he not part of the storyline whatsoever?

Of course Nirvash was female remember when at one point it loved Renton more psssh duh...
Also Gonzy was a corilian pretty unexpected. They ruined the moon with their corny heart
that ending was corny as crap.
Also their probably gonna use the new nirvash design for AO like how tenchi universe did that led to saints knights. Nirvash also looked like Bonen no Xamdou .
I can finally watch Eureka AO
Jan 19, 2013 11:31 AM
Jan 2010
ryu2k2 said:

I disagree. NGE had a completely different meaning and ending.

You're right. It didn't have a meaning at all.

Did they seriously just write EurekaxRenton on the moon? How obnoxious can you get?
Jan 24, 2013 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
This is the end of one of my top 5 favorites. I love it so much. 10/10
Here comes the mandatory 1 votes :|
Feb 5, 2013 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Great anime, great characters, great ending. Re watched, score doesn't change.
10/10
Also people need to stfu about E7 being similar to NGE because it's not similar at all.
Also:
Eureka seven > Evangelion
U mad?

Don't understand how could I not notice this earlier ;(
Feb 5, 2013 11:44 AM

Jun 2012
I just really love this ending ^_^
Feb 11, 2013 7:21 PM
Oct 2012
I have yet to see a better ending then this one.
Feb 14, 2013 10:48 PM
Jul 2012
All coralians vanished except anemone because her collar was destroyed and she turned human. Eureka and renton evolved into some new life form. It's a nice end, i really liked the series, but it changed so much during the episodes, and the drop in animation quallity too, they made this series to get worse in the end, but still a very good anime. In the beggining i felt like watching a 2013 anime, the animation and OST was fantastic, but later on it dropped quality. Story is a bit confusing many times tough, but what makes this series great is not story, it is their great characters, holland, renton, eureka, anemone and dominic, and for sure, the air surfing mechas.
KarffebonFeb 14, 2013 10:53 PM
Feb 20, 2013 5:58 AM

Jun 2012
yoyo just wanted to ask if pocket full of rainbows has anything to do with the original story/is it worth even watching?
Feb 22, 2013 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
XR said:
yoyo just wanted to ask if pocket full of rainbows has anything to do with the original story/is it worth even watching?

No it doesn't. It's a completely different story. Don't waste your time, it's terrible.
Mar 8, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
Even if it seemed sort of random.
They kissed after 50 episodes of anticipation

9/10
Mar 15, 2013 8:56 AM

Mar 2013
Good ending to a really good series. Felt like everything was explained just enough ;)
9/10, one of the better anime I have watched.
Apr 6, 2013 6:14 AM

Sep 2011
A beautiful ending. This is one of the best animes that I see...
Apr 11, 2013 2:53 PM
Feb 2008
I assumed they went back down to Earth but were really far away from everyone else so it's going to take some time to travel back to Grandpa and the kids. Grandpa was a total bro though glad he survived.

The end felt convoluted in a lot of ways in terms of Dewey's plot and the Limit of Questions and the nature of the Corliians. Didn't like that Nirvash evolved even though there was precedent for that. I felt Nirvash's nature was a get out of jail free card for the writers similar to RahXephon (also by Bones). I think the show lost steam in the end with its constant push of love & communication between Eureka and Renton at the expense of the other characters but it was solid overall I guess.
Apr 16, 2013 3:37 AM

May 2012
Cheesy ending , too cheesy lol. But in a good way.

I usually hate this type of cheesy events in anime, Shakugan no Shana III for example, was crap, as the cheesyness keep repeating over and over again.

But well, that love shaped they drew really left me a good impression in this series :)

Overall, 9/10
Enjoyment 10/10
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 9, 2013 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
pretty good ending, it was cool to find out that nirvash was a girl. Anyway loved the whole series and will rewatch it sometime in the future.
May 10, 2013 10:39 AM
Aug 2012
it was gd im glad no one died the hero in the end is nervash seeing how renton didnt mind much if everyone was to disappear apart from eureka and eureka was the same nervash was the one who saved the planet and i didnt realise she was a girl as she was allways refered to as him or he tho it makes sense when u think nervash was jealous of eureka or thts how it seemed when nervash stoped working for her. all in all the series was gd the story was detailed in the right aspects it was fun it was painful it was a roller coaster in the end a gd way to use up my time tho i dnt think i wld watch it again it doesnt seem to have tht appeal
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 1, 2008

56 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.