Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2008 7:42 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the ending was too drawn out, but it was an ok series overall.
May 19, 2008 2:33 AM

May 2008
What I don't get is why Shima and Kouta were separated at the end. Is Kouta not a student anymore?
Jun 20, 2008 6:18 AM
Dec 2007
Almost perfect series, one of the best I've watched in the last 5 years, and one of the most underrated too. The ending was brilliant I thought, but still a bit less impressive than the first episode (Tatsuo Sato always makes awesome introductions like for Shigofumi).

Apart from that, the psychological and emotional sides of this show truly stand out in modern japanese productions and that's what makes it so perfect and this ending provides all we need as far as the plot and the character development are concerned. Stellvia is the only true hidden gem of the last years for me and this ending totally proves it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 24, 2008 5:51 AM

Aug 2007
I agree, I really treasured how they managed to make a cast of kids into an emotional, mature bumpy ride. It was quite realistic too.

And I didn't get the impression that Kouta and Katase separated.
Apr 18, 2009 5:18 PM
Mar 2009
It was a okay ending but it made me want more. Too bad they cannot continue! But have to say that it really set an ending for the best show I ever watched.
Jan 10, 2010 3:21 PM

Mar 2009
I loved it. I thought it was well made and the characters (For the most part) very likable. I liked the little twists here and there.
Also, to me they didn't seem to be separated, but I watched the dubbed version (The English dubbing seemed quite well done to me as well).
It was at times quite realistic, and I loved the artwork and effects and how they fit the story so well.
Jan 20, 2010 2:43 PM
Feb 2008
At the end, Kouta in THAT specific moment was in a mission, but he's still in the school and all, they're not separated. At least that's what I understood.
Jan 5, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
So i can see that Arisa and even Masaru are second years or third. But what happened to Akira , JoJo and the other guy :/ I didn't see them at the end . Well still its pretty good anime .
Jun 12, 2011 7:29 AM

Jan 2008
Yes they were there, By the way that robot, I'm guessing that Yayoi was controling it because Shipon had to make the announcement?

Also major rage that season two was canceled :(
TheUniqueReaperJun 12, 2011 9:45 AM
Sep 14, 2011 6:01 AM
Feb 2011
reaper_unique said:
Also major rage that season two was canceled :(

same here :(
Sep 14, 2011 7:30 AM
Dec 2010
Alright at 1st i wanted to give it 6 at the end 8 .. so im giving 7. It doent have good start a but it has good end.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 15, 2011 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
Finally got to finish this anime. That was an enjoyable ride.

Too bad there's no hope for a second season but I'm satisfied with the ending.
Jul 10, 2012 8:57 PM
Jun 2012
Just finished. I enjoyed it quite a bit but they left some really big holes in the plot which is really strange.

What was with the aliens?
What was the connection between that 1 big wig and the aliens?
What was the thing that was "odd" about the computer program in the last ep that the kids in the computer core noticed but never needed to relay?

Its sort of left open that the big wig was a fake human with the aliens and they showed the humans how to save the solar system but they really left it all to speculation. Also I think at LEAST 1 student died to alien fire as did 1 alien ship get destroyed. The aliens were clearly far more advanced and were able to dodge the humans without any problems so I'm not sure why they needed to destroy some of the ships if they were trying to help, only because they were able to dodge so much.

All of the above also makes the mystery about the computer program at the end all the more unusual because at first I thought it might have been sabotage by the alien/human but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Thats a LOT of plot hole...
Dec 9, 2013 8:54 PM
Jul 2011
I really wanted to enjoy this, really... but so much wasn't properly introduced or explained that some of it felt machinay. I also found the timeline to be whacky and hand-wavy at times. The fact that the tear was fixed in 100 days (including building the generators IIRC) makes it difficult to suspend my belief enough for. But like others have said it does have a lot of plot holes.

Also, Shima being a natural super hacka annoyed me a lot. It's a good thing no terrorists appeared to exist if a student can hack the entire ship with a couple buttons :(

The saving grace in this was that it had some great background music at the right times. The old man's Call to Action was also awesome.
HidendraDec 9, 2013 8:58 PM
Feb 22, 2014 9:39 PM

Nov 2009
Hrmmm, there were slight glimpses of something "good" within the series, and by that I mean "good" not "great" or "excellent". However even those were far and few between. The first half seemed almost childish in nature, the show was like a show for 6 year olds, and by that I mean it usually assumed that the attention span of the audience was around 30 seconds, so any struggle would usually be overcome that fast if not faster. The second half stepped up the maturity (very slightly) however in its place brought in this gigantic melodrama . . . I mean the latter half had this annoying "You're a genius, so I hate you" theme going on. And whenever that was resolved, the next character in line would pull that on a new character, even though he/she was just the victim of the same thing . . .

Overall, the series was just "meh" for me. It wasn't horrible, and it wasn't something I couldn't bear to watch, but it wasn't memorable. 6/10.
Dec 11, 2014 6:47 PM
Jun 2010
One of the best anime of all times.
Jul 26, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
wow

aright

You know I'll actually miss this asspile of fuck. It has a decent amount of value to be remembered, not just for crying and eating rocks. Time skips are always welcome. You never know what happened in the time that passed, and seeing everyone two years later makes you want to know what happened to everyone, even when the characters were annoying, not pathetic (except Shima). She knows just how to be both.

Fuck the plotholes, we'll never get the answers anyway.
Just enjoy the show for space and sci-fi I guess. That's all you came here for anyway. Either that, or ur 1 of dose people who can't get enough of kids and romance.

Good job on the squabbles among the group of friends though. They were well handled (at times). But whenever our heroine goes "I'm not like you" or "You wouldn't understand," well, shit. Goodluck -guy from Taken

Still, I'll miss everyone, maybe even Shima and her friend with no benefit, despite being such a pathetic main character. I'd take her crying over Shinji's piss ass irritational motherfuckinational shitting-on-the-fan any day. AT LEAST the kids here weren't edgy as, as the tip of a needle.

Mod Edit: Modified post for vulgarity.
ShockedDec 22, 2015 1:37 PM
Jul 1, 2016 10:58 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed this series for some odd reason.
I’m pretty satisfy with the overall series. Good finale, imo...

I’m glad to see all the cadets grown-up, but more than anything, I’m glad to see that Shima and Kouta are still together and doing well...

P.S. I would have not mind a second season, if it had happened.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Feb 8, 2020 1:55 AM

Aug 2018
zero-r said:
I really enjoyed this series for some odd reason.
I’m pretty satisfy with the overall series. Good finale, imo...

I’m glad to see all the cadets grown-up, but more than anything, I’m glad to see that Shima and Kouta are still together and doing well...

P.S. I would have not mind a second season, if it had happened.

i would love if they remade it with the fast pace of today's anime
Apr 14, 2021 1:38 PM

Aug 2018
Boy, am I glad it's over. This was one of the most anti-climactic shows I've ever seen. The main conflict was resolved in like, episode 9 and gradually a new, even more boring conflict was introduced and just as easily solved. Way too much time was wasted on boring training exercises. The "romance" was lifeless. The main girl was an crybaby klutz super-hacker genius. All of that "if you kill your enemies, they win" stuff really grated on my nerves.

I really wanted to like this. At first it seemed like it might be a diamond in the rough but it's just a crappy show better left forgotten. At least the character design was nice looking.
epidemia78Apr 14, 2021 1:43 PM
Sep 13, 2021 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
Too bad this is mostly forgotten (like a lot of great Tetsuo Sato series...) Characters were great, the sci-fi was cool and the romance elements worked nice.
A remake with modern with modern animation would be great since the main weak point of Stellvia is how much it suffers from your typical early 2000s digital animation, when japanese animators were really stuggling with adapting to new techniques after the end of cel animation.
Sep 20, 2021 5:54 AM

Aug 2018
Radnitzky1890 said:
Too bad this is mostly forgotten (like a lot of great Tetsuo Sato series...) Characters were great, the sci-fi was cool and the romance elements worked nice.
A remake with modern with modern animation would be great since the main weak point of Stellvia is how much it suffers from your typical early 2000s digital animation, when japanese animators were really stuggling with adapting to new techniques after the end of cel animation.
The romance element more than work, it broke the no kissing until the end rule in episode 12 mid way of the series. The love interest isnt even in the opening or introduce until episode 3 or 4. Other anime are afraid to make their characters a couple too early this show didnt care and went for it i cant list many anime that did that. It is always the in the end or near the end when they do it.
Sep 13, 2022 12:52 AM
Feb 2022
alright well, this may sound strange but this was the first mecha anime ive ever seen, as i just was turned off by all the cliche missile swarm ones while i was growing up.

i was pleasantly surprised at how much i enjoyed this series; however, it did draw on and get a bit boring towards the end.

still, it’s too bad more people dont go back and discover old pieces like this. i enjoyed it overall quite a bit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu no Stellvia Episode 21 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 3, 2008

5 by el_morris »»
Aug 13, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Uchuu no Stellvia Episode 18 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Feb 21, 2014

3 by el_morris »»
Aug 13, 2023 2:00 PM

Poll: » Uchuu no Stellvia Episode 16 Discussion

kisami - May 12, 2010

7 by el_morris »»
Aug 13, 2023 1:09 PM

Poll: » Uchuu no Stellvia Episode 8 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Feb 19, 2014

2 by el_morris »»
Jul 23, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Uchuu no Stellvia Episode 19 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 20, 2011

6 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Sep 12, 2022 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.