Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2008 11:49 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So I guess this is the reason why the manga-ka took a break last month, so he could drop this bombshell on us readers.
May 3, 2008 12:58 AM

Jul 2007
Ok, so this leaves me with a lot of questions.
Are Clarice and the other Claymore (forgot her name) going with Miria & co. ?
What are they going to do now?
Do we get to see this laboratory?

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/ma2g][/url
May 4, 2008 5:56 AM

Mar 2007
well..
all i got to say..is.. :
"holy sh*t !!"

..talk about a bombshell.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
May 4, 2008 8:06 AM

Mar 2007
That's very interesting. Needs more chapters, now.
May 4, 2008 8:25 AM

Aug 2007
Whoa...wtf...What an amazing turn of events...
May 4, 2008 8:43 AM

Jun 2007
holy crap
that is a real shock
it is just a lab to learn how to control awakened beings
May 4, 2008 9:15 AM

Jul 2007
Eris said:

Do we get to see this laboratory?

I got the impression, she meant.. the land there on as a whole is the laboratory.. correct?

On another note, loved this chapter. A lot of information handed across :)
May 4, 2008 9:18 AM

Dec 2007
Wow... great plot development. Looks like it was worth the wait. Too bad this is monthly; I can't wait for the next chapter
May 4, 2008 9:36 AM

Sep 2007
The best chapter in a long time!!! Unexpected turn of events!! And yeah the wait doesnt matter after this bombshell!!

Need More Claymore!!!! *-----*

The only painful is wait a month T__T Waiting the next!!! *-*
May 4, 2008 9:58 AM

Sep 2007
Umm... Miria knew this for bout 7 years now and did not tell anyone? And she must be an ingenious spy... looks like she's the first of 79 generations of claymores who figured it out. Sorry that's all a bit too far fetched for me. But hey... lets see how the story develops.
May 4, 2008 9:59 AM

Sep 2007
Well that was a surprise o_o Definitely a turn of events..
May 4, 2008 10:03 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, some awesome conspiracy theory at work! lol ...this is starting to remind Metal Gear Solid :D

Needless to say I loved it (5/5)! Never expected such a brilliant plot development! Especially appreciate their trying to expand the whole mythology and history of that fantasy world -- with that it might really become something big!
May 4, 2008 10:35 AM

Dec 2006
This is getting even more interesting! I can't wait for more >.< And yup, it was definitely worth the long wait...

~Do you think that I smile because everything's alright?~
May 4, 2008 10:48 AM

Apr 2007
that was such a bombshell yes all of u have said it, never expected it to be just a laboratory to test out awakened beings. man i cant wait to read what happens next !
May 4, 2008 11:12 AM

Oct 2007
I can only really say one thing, holy shit.

May 4, 2008 11:47 AM

Jan 2007
that was such an awesome chapter. this is one hell of a theory.
May 4, 2008 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
Okay so, now since we know that the world is bigger than the "Land", will we see the world?

And we got introduction of Dragons...will we move on to the next stage of fight? Weill the warriors have to fight against Dragons?

And hey, maybe that other "side of the war" is an alien race? As it seems that Miria pretty much scifi-ed the claymore sword material.
So, in the end, Organisation would be "Ends justify means" good guys, who wanted to save the world?
May 4, 2008 1:21 PM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
Okay so, now since we know that the world is bigger than the "Land", will we see the world?

And we got introduction of Dragons...will we move on to the next stage of fight? Weill the warriors have to fight against Dragons?

And hey, maybe that other "side of the war" is an alien race? As it seems that Miria pretty much scifi-ed the claymore sword material.
So, in the end, Organisation would be "Ends justify means" good guys, who wanted to save the world?

well in a way yes but not really, think about it this way, the dragons do not have access to wherever the land we all know in claymore is , and as Miria pointed out, that small village near teh organizations HQ had no idea of even the yoma existing.

basically the org is evil, since humans could live peacefully on this land if it weren't for them, never the less atleast it means Miria and Co can kill all the org and then its just a matter of wiping out the remaining AB's and Yoma

May 4, 2008 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
noelhoi said:
that was such a bombshell yes all of u have said it, never expected it to be just a laboratory to test out awakened beings. man i cant wait to read what happens next !

Its really got my by surprise...
I was and still am in shock!!! Amazing :P
May 4, 2008 1:40 PM
May 4, 2008 2:00 PM

Jul 2007
evil_kenshin said:

well in a way yes but not really, think about it this way, the dragons do not have access to wherever the land we all know in claymore is , and as Miria pointed out, that small village near teh organizations HQ had no idea of even the yoma existing.

basically the org is evil, since humans could live peacefully on this land if it weren't for them, never the less at least it means Miria and Co can kill all the org and then its just a matter of wiping out the remaining AB's and Yoma

your point being?

If Dragons do not know about "The Land", that does not mean they won't find it.

Even if they wiped out all remaining stuffs ( I can't see how would they wipe out Easley, Priscilla or Riful tho...), the dragon race is still out there
And, Organization did not create Dragons or something. They are trying to create controlled ABs to fight "the side with Dragons", as said in this chapter.

Village did not know about yoma, since Dragons are closer to AB, not yoma species. And ABs in no way remind of Yoma. Even Riful stated that Abs are different species from Claymores, Humans or Yoma.

ABs are , in my thinking, an imitations of Dragons created from Yoma and Humans(claymore stage > ab stage)
May 4, 2008 2:39 PM

Apr 2008
It was awsome.
And, I dont think it opened the Sci Fi Option.
They are just monsters >_>
and the "Dragons" I bet they are awakened beings. Just that.
But what I really wonder is that, if they test awakened beings there.
If they like one, how are they transporting it to the main land?

Awsome :o
May 4, 2008 2:55 PM

Apr 2007
Talk about plot twist.

I'm sure the other side who has the dragons would be interested in knowing about the Claymores. And I'm sure the Claymores wouldn't stick by the organization's side if they knew the truth, unless they're just killing machines like Ophelia who don't care about anything.

And maybe Miria wasn't the first to find out about this. After all, there's been a lot of other generations. What happened to those Claymores? Did they all awaken at some point? Were they all wiped from the history of the organization? It's possible.

Oh and... where the heck is Raki? I'm growing impatient.
MaxwellLilyMay 4, 2008 2:59 PM
May 4, 2008 3:21 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, it was worth the wait. I thought this chapter was going to be about Galatea but the whole laboratory and the war was totally unexpected.
May 4, 2008 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
Holy crap... was NOT expecting this plot twist... O_O
May 4, 2008 4:20 PM

Apr 2007
PRAISE BE! I've been having some serious Cynthia/Tabitha withdrawal lately. Not only were they in the chapter, they talked and were useful! Manna, manna from heaven! Or Jump Square magazine. I'm so happy I don't care.

Other than that, decent chapter with unforeseen turns. I just hope Claymore doesn't turn out to be set in 23rd-century post-apocalyptic New Zealand or something.
May 4, 2008 4:36 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Iri said:
PRAISE BE! I've been having some serious Cynthia/Tabitha withdrawal lately. Not only were they in the chapter, they talked and were useful! Manna, manna from heaven! Or Jump Square magazine. I'm so happy I don't care.

Other than that, decent chapter with unforeseen turns. I just hope Claymore doesn't turn out to be set in 23rd-century post-apocalyptic New Zealand or something.

that remains a possibility though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 4, 2008 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
Bah, this is why I hate monthly mangas. When they get really good the chapter ends and I have to wait another month to find anything out.:(

Only problem I had with this chapter was not enough Claire.^.^
May 4, 2008 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
Cue at least 20 more years of Claymore until it's finished now. Anyway, we better get some news on Raki in the next chapter or two or I'm going to be pissed.

May 4, 2008 6:08 PM

Oct 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
Cue at least 20 more years of Claymore until it's finished now. Anyway, we better get some news on Raki in the next chapter or two or I'm going to be pissed.

LOL

I TOTALLY forgot about him until i read your post...

What is up with Raki, with everything going on and this new plot twist, i really hope he is strong when they find him!!!
May 4, 2008 6:41 PM

Feb 2007
Raki? Who's that guy again?

I'm getting more and more anxious as to where he actually is at the moment. As for the chapter itself...well...that really was an unexpected turn of events. But then again, this is all a theroy to Miria. Not 100% convinced yet.
May 4, 2008 6:47 PM
Sep 2007
wow, just wow, need more then one chapter a month!
Hi
May 4, 2008 7:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
this manga should go semi-monthly....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 4, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
awesome chapter and i hope that raki stays out of the picture, i never really liked his character. he was too naive for a world with so much death, especially in his own life. i would at least be a little bit cautious with who i made friends with.
May 4, 2008 10:24 PM

Jan 2008
crazy_eights said:
awesome chapter and i hope that raki stays out of the picture, i never really liked his character. he was too naive for a world with so much death, especially in his own life. i would at least be a little bit cautious with who i made friends with.

Well he WAS just a naive and annoying kid, now he's 7 years older and has presumably been living with Isley and Priscilla the whole time. I am excited to see what he has become, I could care less about what he was.

May 5, 2008 1:03 AM

Mar 2008
weird chapter :S
I hope it won't go to some way too fast ending...
May 5, 2008 6:46 AM
Sep 2007
I so can't wait for the drama that is Raki, haha!
Hi
May 5, 2008 6:59 AM

Jan 2008
8GaugeBrett said:
crazy_eights said:

Well he WAS just a naive and annoying kid, now he's 7 years older and has presumably been living with Isley and Priscilla the whole time. I am excited to see what he has become, I could care less about what he was.

He was naive yes, but I never once found him annoying. I actually was upset when they separated him from Claire.
May 5, 2008 8:18 AM

Oct 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
8GaugeBrett said:
crazy_eights said:

He was naive yes, but I never once found him annoying. I actually was upset when they separated him from Claire.

Same here, Like Brett said, he was only a 7 year old kid!
That he actually tried to fight number 4 Ophelia to save Clare is admirable, any other 7 year old would have screamed and run off...
May 5, 2008 10:17 AM

Apr 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
8GaugeBrett said:
crazy_eights said:

That he actually tried to fight number 4 Ophelia to save Clare is admirable, any other 7 year old would have screamed and run off...

He was 7? I think you're mistaken, 8GaugeBrett meant now he's 7 years OLDER, not that he was 7 years old. No way Raki was 7 years old.
May 5, 2008 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
AngelLily said:

He was 7? I think you're mistaken, 8GaugeBrett meant now he's 7 years OLDER, not that he was 7 years old. No way Raki was 7 years old.

Regardless, he was still a kid :P.

Id say Isley & them were off in the other land, that would educate raki and create a path to more knowledge about the other area. Somehow i think Isley and all that know of this.
May 5, 2008 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
He was at least 14 or 15 before the time skip, so he is at least 21-22 now which should make a huge difference.

May 5, 2008 11:42 AM

Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
Friendlysoul said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
8GaugeBrett said:
crazy_eights said:

You are right, sorry, i got lost :P ... if i remember correctly he was 14 i think...
May 5, 2008 1:11 PM

Apr 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
He was at least 14 or 15 before the time skip, so he is at least 21-22 now which should make a huge difference.

Indeed, which is why I really want him to SHOW UP ALREADY.

And Isley may be a yoma, but he was also a very wise one. He's sure to have had some influence on the kid.
May 5, 2008 2:03 PM
Oct 2007
so i guess im the only 1 who highly DISLIKED this chapter

dragons, lab, new land

wtf man, solve old problems 1st before starting 1000 new 1s
May 5, 2008 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome chapter and finally some serious plot development. On the other hand, too many new things were introduced..what now, aliens? :P And as far as Raki is concerned, he could've died of diarrhea for all I care (although he isn't as bad here as in anime adaptation).

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
May 5, 2008 8:10 PM
May 2008
Yeah, this chapter was definately worth the wait. I absolutely loved the new plot development. But I also want to see what happened to Raki... I mean there's a chance that he might turn out to be amazingly awesome, etc. If not, I vote he should got die :D
(Never have been a big fan of Raki, can't you tell? :P ))
May 6, 2008 2:21 AM

Mar 2008
Maybe Isley already knows of Miria's deduction, and is trying to get out of the 'lab-world' lol
I think the next chapters are all big problems for every character ^^
May 6, 2008 8:01 AM

Dec 2007
I wasn't a big fan of this chapter, as it seemed to pick the pace of Claymore up tremendously (actually it kinda felt like they came up with a new revolutionary development every few pages). It'll take another 2-3 chapters before I can probably feel settled with this new 'twist'... which means it'll be 2-3 months until I'm back on board the Claymore boat.

Also, wouldn't the organization be leaving the 'land' now to return home? They've already created an awakened being that can be controlled and do as they will (current #1 and 2... Beth and somebody). I could definitely see this story progressing into the 'main land'
May 7, 2008 4:41 AM

Jul 2007
Blood_Blade said:

Also, wouldn't the organization be leaving the 'land' now to return home? They've already created an awakened being that can be controlled and do as they will (current #1 and 2... Beth and somebody). I could definitely see this story progressing into the 'main land'

Would you, if you were a country in the war, be happy if you only had a new weapon PROTOTYPE ? Would you not try to perfect it?

As long as there's a need for new "live weapons" Org will have no reason to abandon "The Land".
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

9 by saketsahu »»
May 4, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 2 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

12 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Apr 29, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.