Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2007 7:10 PM

Jan 2007
running_lemon said:
Chances are he probably soiled himself as well. ;P

lol Good point!
Jun 28, 2007 9:52 PM
Jun 2007
You know, I really wanted Light to win, but if he did, the ending would be like crap becuase you would be like ok... now what? And for those who said it sucked, I feel sad for you, because you guys are too immature. Everyone knew this wasn't going to last, or other wise the series would go on forever. Plus, the tragic fall of Light was perfect, because in a sense, the new world he wanted started to fall apart because he got too lost up in it. I have to admit that when I was watching it, I was a little dissapointed, but upon reflection, I feel that the ending would have been total crap any other way.

And also, I want to know if anyone besides me thinks that Light will become a shinigami, becuase the dn users dont go to heaven or hell, so they probably go the the underworld or whatever, with the shinigamis. Hence, all shinigamis were dn users. Just my thoughts. And another funny thought, what were death notes like 2,000 years ago? Probably Death Scrolls lol. Ok, I type too much. Bye. And woot for DN, its defintely on my top one list right now.
Jun 29, 2007 3:57 AM

Jun 2007
Vikrant said:
You know, I really wanted Light to win, but if he did, the ending would be like crap becuase you would be like ok... now what? And for those who said it sucked, I feel sad for you, because you guys are too immature. Everyone knew this wasn't going to last, or other wise the series would go on forever. Plus, the tragic fall of Light was perfect, because in a sense, the new world he wanted started to fall apart because he got too lost up in it. I have to admit that when I was watching it, I was a little dissapointed, but upon reflection, I feel that the ending would have been total crap any other way.

And also, I want to know if anyone besides me thinks that Light will become a shinigami, becuase the dn users dont go to heaven or hell, so they probably go the the underworld or whatever, with the shinigamis. Hence, all shinigamis were dn users. Just my thoughts. And another funny thought, what were death notes like 2,000 years ago? Probably Death Scrolls lol. Ok, I type too much. Bye. And woot for DN, its defintely on my top one list right now.

I agree with you, I loved the ending. Honestly.. death note couldn't go on anymore or it would become so tedious. But it's weird that it's over... I'm so used to anticipating a little wait for the next episode..

That's a good thought actually, he probably will become a shinigami.. since people who are death note users go to "nothingness" instead of heaven or hell. Who knows?

-Seigi-
Jun 29, 2007 5:06 AM

Feb 2005
Aishiteruze said:

That's a good thought actually, he probably will become a shinigami.. since people who are death note users go to "nothingness" instead of heaven or hell. Who knows?

That was the first thing I thought of scince Ryuk mentioned it in the first volume...
I kind of hoped to see Light waking up in the Shinigami realm, feeling slightly bored, and with two DeathNotes...That would make the ending so much more brilliant XD
Jun 29, 2007 5:07 AM

Jun 2007
The final episode was too easy to guess, but I kinda understand why its that ending. And I liked this episode, until when Ryuk started to talk, then I loved it! :D
Jun 29, 2007 9:00 AM

Jun 2007
But i rly expected a dramatic ending scene, something like Raito closing his eyes and a slideshow of the most impostant moments of the last episodes. Maybe with Near talking "I would never be able to do this without Mello, neither without Giovanni, Lester, Matt... and you. But In the end, i definitely won." i know he says something pretty similiar before, but it would have made the ending scene more dramatic. ;_;

Jun 29, 2007 11:27 AM

Apr 2007
Well guess what guys. There will be one more Death Note Episode! I forgot if it was a special or what not but keep your eyes open. It's said to be coming out sometime in August.

And like I said, it will show what happened with the remaining charaters. :)

Jun 29, 2007 11:35 AM

Aug 2006
PandaPuff said:
Well guess what guys. There will be one more Death Note Episode! I forgot if it was a special or what not but keep your eyes open. It's said to be coming out sometime in August.

Oh nice... lol... but do any of the remaining characters matter? =/ (j/k)
Jun 29, 2007 11:49 AM

Jun 2007
Chelle said:
PandaPuff said:

I want to know if Matsuda and Sayu really got some feeling...

Jun 29, 2007 3:05 PM

Jun 2007
Galatea said:
Chelle said:
PandaPuff said:

I want to know if Matsuda and Sayu really got some feeling...

Same here!! In that episode when matsuda saw sayu he really was blushing, looks like he was interested..

A special huh? I wonder what'll be like..

Baman said:
Aishiteruze said:

That was the first thing I thought of scince Ryuk mentioned it in the first volume...
I kind of hoped to see Light waking up in the Shinigami realm, feeling slightly bored, and with two DeathNotes...That would make the ending so much more brilliant XD

I agree, that would have been so cool as an ending!

-Seigi-
Jun 29, 2007 3:08 PM

May 2007
good that Ryuuk write Yagamis name down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Jun 29, 2007 3:55 PM

Apr 2007
Chelle said:
PandaPuff said:

Wow I lol'd at that one. xD

Since they changed the ending for the anime they most likely will include some random extra like Sayu/Matsuda. The manga itself showed only like 5 pages of obvious aftermath like Near being top detective. I wonder how they'll cover 25-28min worth.

Jun 29, 2007 4:48 PM
Jun 2007
this ending is sooo disappointing to me....although i already no that kira was going to die in the end anywyas, but it's so hard for me to accept it!!!! T_T he was soooo cool in the beginning but then after L died.....he got all weird and crazy and stuff (boo!!)

i really wanted him to win in the end, personally i dun really like near either prob. cuz he took over L's place and in my heart no one can replace L. I still remember the episode where he died......i seriouly was freaking out (NOOOOO!!!) XP ~well i read ahead on the manga already but every time i see that it jsut surprise me lolz

i think that if its's not for Mikami's mistake, then seirously Kira would have won!!!! Well, its all because hes stupid.....i was so mad when i was watching it.....but can't really help it if he is stupid.....and the blood thing o_0||||| will it for real do that??????? HAHAHA (and all the people that have used the death note all dies....)
Jun 29, 2007 4:50 PM
Jun 2007
oh...and i forgot, it was so cool at the part where misa was gonna commit suicide!!!! she's soo much better when she doens't have to open her mouth ^^
Jul 1, 2007 1:39 AM

Jun 2007
to be honost i was laughing during 37 i mean check out mikami and light-kuns facial expressions i was not expecting that at all out of light. well besides the fact that we know hes a coward and likes to manipulate others into doing things for him. i suppose once he realized it was something he couldnt talk himself out of gave him the feeling he was less of a God then he realized... I agree with it should have ended after episode 26.
Jul 1, 2007 1:53 AM

Jun 2007
for those of you who haven't read the manga, i advise it highly. although about halfway through i just had to skip some of them because there wasn't much progress. but it is just as good (if not better) than the anime. i haven't seen all of the anime but i've seen bits and pieces and i watched the last episode too compare it to the manga. i actually liked the anime ending and now i intend to watch all of it. the manga shows how much of a coward light really is. i hear it is similar to the movie ending but i haven't seen either of the two movies. also the manga shows what happens to misa as well. the last book of the manga showed what happened to the other characters and their feelings about how things turned out. i can only assume that, that is what the final episode of death note will be.

anyway, mikami was priceless. just being insanely great to the end, and always helping light. light was even better just frantically trying his very best to get in just one more name. l making a mystical appearance in the credits really had me thinking for a minute too, but alas, he really is gone.
Jul 9, 2007 2:12 AM
May 2007
Deathnote was the BEST anime I have ever seen.

Yet and still, if deathnote would have simply ended at episode 26 then it would have been in a very literal since PERFECT.

The second season was good, but it was nowhere near the uter and absolute brilliance of the first.

This is fact.
"Genius is not thinking outside the box. It's realizing that their is no box and no end to human potential. More importantly, genius is OWNAGE!" - BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNed Chapter - OWNed verse.
Jul 9, 2007 2:26 AM

Jun 2007
JustOwnin said:
Deathnote was the BEST anime I have ever seen.

Yet and still, if deathnote would have simply ended at episode 26 then it would have been in a very literal since PERFECT.

The second season was good, but it was nowhere near the uter and absolute brilliance of the first.

This is fact.

*nods* I agree the first season was absolutely better than the second.

-Seigi-
Jul 9, 2007 5:17 AM

Aug 2006
I have to disagree. The absolute WORST part of Death Note for me (the part that almost cost this anime a perfect score for me)... was the weeks that were spent with L and Light chained together in their attempts to capture Kira... the period when Light forgot that he WAS Kira. That part of the anime was worse than any of the Near/Mello moments, IMHO.

Once Light got his memory back and he became Kira again, from there on out, it was just as good as the first season, for me. The only bad thing was that I missed L. I wanted to see more L. But the "Kira chase" was just as good the 2nd season as it was the 1st. And for me, even though L died... in a way... he won!! ^_^ And that thought makes me all warm and fuzzy inside... lol... (hahaha... I'm KIDDING... y'all stfu).
Jul 9, 2007 2:58 PM

Jun 2007
Chelle said:
I have to disagree. The absolute WORST part of Death Note for me (the part that almost cost this anime a perfect score for me)... was the weeks that were spent with L and Light chained together in their attempts to capture Kira... the period when Light forgot that he WAS Kira. That part of the anime was worse than any of the Near/Mello moments, IMHO.

i feel the same, those eps with light and L chained were nothing more than doujin - deathnote fillers
Jul 14, 2007 11:15 AM

Jun 2007
uh, tonight I woke up and thought: in the last episode Ryuk said: "if I just stay here and you'll go in prison I'll never know when you will die" but does not Ryuk knows already when Light will die? can't he see his lifespan? so I don't understand why he kills him. If he sees his lifespan he can just return to Light when he's about to die? that's really bothering me. :\

Jul 14, 2007 11:50 AM

Mar 2007
Galatea said:
uh, tonight I woke up and thought: in the last episode Ryuk said: "if I just stay here and you'll go in prison I'll never know when you will die" but does not Ryuk knows already when Light will die? can't he see his lifespan? so I don't understand why he kills him. If he sees his lifespan he can just return to Light when he's about to die? that's really bothering me. :

You have a good point in that. Maybe it's 'cause he's going to be with Near or whoever is the holder of his death note after that part. But he should be able to leave his side just to go kill Light though.
Jul 17, 2007 4:03 PM

Jun 2007
if light is going to commit suicide in prison ryuk will be screwed even if he knows already lights lifespan >.<
Jul 17, 2007 5:37 PM

Apr 2007
Galatea said:
uh, tonight I woke up and thought: in the last episode Ryuk said: "if I just stay here and you'll go in prison I'll never know when you will die" but does not Ryuk knows already when Light will die? can't he see his lifespan? so I don't understand why he kills him. If he sees his lifespan he can just return to Light when he's about to die? that's really bothering me. :

I'm not sure if he said this in the anime but in the manga he said he didn't want to sit and wait around for him to die in prison. That just sounds like some weird wording on the subbers part.
Jul 23, 2007 7:10 AM

Jun 2007
ashura said:
if light is going to commit suicide in prison ryuk will be screwed even if he knows already lights lifespan >.<

I think volountary suicide (without the note) is already bound to the lifespan...

Jul 25, 2007 11:27 AM
Jul 2007
Just found out you can download all 37 episodes on Direct2Drive!!

http://www.direct2drive.com/145/4110/product/Buy-Death-Note-Up2Date-Bundle-Download
Jul 25, 2007 12:15 PM

Jun 2007
Galatea said:
ashura said:

I think volountary suicide (without the note) is already bound to the lifespan...

if it was misa wouldnt die
Jul 26, 2007 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
I dont quite understand why Light lost.
Jul 26, 2007 1:07 PM

May 2007
It's because his minion (that long haired fanatic in glasses) screwed up and used real DN. -_>
Jul 26, 2007 10:41 PM

Jun 2007
oooh, Mikami is such an handsome guy in my opinion, but he made those awful facial expression during the last episode -_- I'd slapped him to death

Jul 27, 2007 12:11 AM

Jun 2007
Galatea said:
oooh, Mikami is such an handsome guy in my opinion, but he made those awful facial expression during the last episode -_- I'd slapped him to death

Really? Well actually, I agree with you. It's just that last episode that disgusted me to death when he just went ultimately... insane.

-Seigi-
Jul 27, 2007 12:14 AM

Jun 2007
Aishiteruze said:
Galatea said:

Really? Well actually, I agree with you. It's just that last episode that disgusted me to death when he just went ultimately... insane.

well, at least he had the will to think how to let Light escape (stabbing himself with the pen - I wonder, does that pen hit a main arteria, to let all that blood come out? lol)

Aug 2, 2007 10:14 PM

May 2007
In my opinion, Light *should* have won. His plan would have worked perfectly if Mikami didn't have that one little slip up - which was totally not Light's fault. It's like they forced in that little mistake just so Light would end up dying.

And yeah, I totally agree with replicating the notebook in a night. Totally not possible and Mikami should have noticed, knowing how dedicated he was to Kira's cause.
Aug 3, 2007 12:45 AM

Mar 2007
It all seemed so anti-climactic. I was beyond disappointed. Whether Kira won or lost made no difference to me but come the hell on. He was a mastermind and they had it go down like it did? Most disappointing ending to ANYTHING I have ever watched, read, or listened too. Which is extremely sad to me because I LOVED this series up until this weak last arc. But oh well.
Sep 3, 2007 8:02 AM
Aug 2007
Just finished this series today and I really hated the ending actually i hated everything after episode 25 but still the way they killed off Light was just all wrong. Its like he turned into a retard. They made him so dumb I dont get it. But seriously how the hell he not kill Near. Its so simple, knowing the Death Note is fake Light should of had that Miki guy torn out a page of the Death Note and use that and kill Near. Its so simple. L shoulda won the first arc if the ending was gonna be this stupid. To beat L but to lose to a little kid? Whatever.I dont care how they ended it off but Near shoulda died too no matter what. And Misa... I just dont get why she would kill herself. It didnt look like they had sex, plus she lost most of her memory so it doesnt make sense to suicide.

My ending woulda been like this...
"Near you are completely inferior to L" Light then opens his watch after Miki guy yells out Nears real name and write down Nears name and kills him. And then Matsuda be like omfg Light is Kira and shoots him. The end.

Even tho thats retarded its still better then there ending. Whatever I'm just pissed off at the ending.
Sep 11, 2007 2:39 PM

Aug 2007
Lol. I still can't believe that Light lost to Near... grrr. Oh well.

And am I the only one that likes Misa? @ sirvz, Misa was seriously obsessed with Light, so its understandable that she would commit suicide after Light dies. lol- Light'll be stuck in Nothingness with Misa for all of eternity. ^_^

At least Ryuuks still around being bored.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 11, 2007 9:51 PM

Jan 2007
WinterNightsFall said:
And am I the only one that likes Misa?

Yes.
Sep 24, 2007 6:37 AM
Sep 2007
Well, people... You are stupid.
It was not Near that won, it was Near and Mello together. Alone, Near would be a challenge, but Light would have gotten him, the same way as he did with L. It was absolutely as Near said, Light surpass both Near and Mello, but them standing together would be really tough..though I do believe that Light would have won if Mikami hadn't screwed up...

I absolutely love the ending, though I knew that Light would probably loose. But it was how it was done. Watching Light freaking out, going crazy, to me that just meant that he too is just a person, after all. What horrible pressure it must be, living like that.
Mikami too, it was not fun at all when he killed himself, being totally obsessed with Kira and seing his "God" die must have been devastating. But don't you see that he did it to save Kira? I mean.. He got all the attention, so that Light had the opportunity to escape.
And when Ryuk seems to have some feelings himself, in the end, when he's writing Light's name in the Note. Though I have to read the rest of the manga too, seems like there's a slightly different ending there..?

What I don't understand though, is when Light sees himself walking past him in the end. It is himself, right? Some in here says it's L.. It being L would mean that L was really behind all of it. It being Light could mean as he just sees himself as the person he was before he got the note, which would absolutelt make sense.
Though Light is Kira, and has murdered lots of people, he does it for the purpose of good. But then it drives him quite mad at the end. But we see his feelings and.. I just think it's absolutely beautiful!!
Hahaha, the murderer has feelings..and so do I..I love him :P

Argh, I understand Misa and Takada so much... But then again, the fact that I love Light so much would probably result in me ending up dead :P

I think the entire plot comes to the fact that Kira is trying to use something evil to make good. Could that ever work? And it just leaves us wondering if the world's really hopeless...

Yagami Light <3
Sep 30, 2007 4:34 PM

Jul 2007
OMFG I JUST WIS?H I HAD A DEATHNOTE REALLY!!!! after seeing this anime even if there were 100 L out there i couldnt possible get caught :) I was tottally in Kiras side and i HATE HATE HATE HATE NEAR!!!! He pissed me from the 1st time i saw him really... i actually liked mello and i believe that if mello survived and near died te ending would be 2 times netter... i reall believe that light should have won that little brat and he would if he was alone... But mello gave up hes life to help that idiot... in the end the cooperated damn it.... I really believe that the world Kira would do would be better ( i dont have any accidents nor i was bullied in school or something i really believe that) and the fact that they ried to stop him so had made me constantly hate the producures cause deep insie i always knew that he would die in the end... Though i was really surpried when L died... Concludion:I HATE NEAR I HATE NEAR I HATE NEAR
Oct 2, 2007 1:39 AM

Aug 2007
Yes, I hate Near too. It pisses me off that Light lost to Near. >.<

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 9, 2007 11:50 PM

Sep 2007
Yagami should've won; he was able to beat L, who was much better than Near, in my opinion.

This just proves that the bad guy never wins. But MAN to pull that off for 6 years? No normal human could ever do that.

Oct 13, 2007 5:53 PM
Sep 2007
This post contains a MAJOR SPOILER.

I voted 3 of 5...it wasn't bad (and I kinda had this feeling that Light and Misa were gonna get killed off eventually) but it left me feeling a bit disapppointed. And I have no idea why! =[
Nov 29, 2007 1:04 PM
Oct 2007
y did light have to die. to be honest i really wanted light and misa to rule the world but i sorta knew that wasn't gonna happen from the start....

and at least ryuuk killed him in a nice way (not to sure how) as he could have made light feel the pain of torture for years and years

and y did misa kill herself i mean that was a bit to far...
Dec 2, 2007 4:55 PM

Apr 2007
I'm with the rest of the people who would have loved if the anime ended with the first season with light and misa ruling together.. THAT would be an original ending and all would (at least I :P) LOVE IT !! :D

Now we get just another typical ending... I guess same will happen to code geass as light and lelouch are long lost brothers and the thought of it ending the same way pisses me off so incredibly as they will ruin another godlike series... :(
Dec 5, 2007 8:53 PM

Oct 2007
darn... light shoulda won...

they should at least make ONE anime where the bad guy wins!!!
Dec 8, 2007 7:24 PM
Jun 2007
I just finished watching like an hour ago and I feel so "betrayed" and definitely very very depressed. I was always a supporter of Light, but I knew he would die...there just was simply no reasonable way I thought he would live.

But Light losing his composure and acting all cowardly really really pisses me of!!! That is where I began to hate it...I wish I never saw the last episode, because until then, it was unbelievably unpredictable and unexpectedly unique.

The first 36 episodes: 10/10
The last episode: 1/10

I my opinion, Light should have won when Mikami wrote down all their names, but should have somehow died due to his victory (maybe his natural lifespan was supposed to be until then or something else like Ryuk decides to kill him for no reason, or Aizawa had written his name in the death note as a precaution because he was a 100% sure, or anything else, any other reason would satisfy me)...that way everyone with the knowledge of the death notes would have died.

Light losing to Near (and allegedly Mellow too) was stupid, because he was able to defeat L (the greatest) and not defeat these copycats (especially Near, I don't know of anyone who likes Near).

I understand it is socially unacceptable to show the "bad guy" winning, but why does he always have to lose his composture. The way I see it, people like Light would never lose their dignity by acting in such a gutless and spineless way.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The ending was horrible! They should have just had L kill off Light if he was going to lose with everyone else still alive (and Light should not have acted all retarded...that's what pisses me off most).

I wonder if anyone read all that...but I just want to get over this feeling of gloominess and despair, and so I ranted.
ansqeebDec 9, 2007 4:30 PM
Dec 11, 2007 5:51 AM
Dec 2007
I can only agree with you .. The anime was owning .. 10/10 .. the ending tho.. 1/10 .. too bad that it couldn't end in a good way.

キラ FTW !! he was the best
Dec 11, 2007 8:36 AM

Aug 2007
I think is really a bad ending, I dont like the way Mikami died. And I want to know what happend wirh Sochiko and Sayu
Dec 11, 2007 2:45 PM

Dec 2007
Topics like these just make you realise how starnge the public opinion is XD I mean most of the people choose "right, but evil" over "Naive, but good" XD well I agree with you.

And yes, I effin' HATE that gaki. I was a supporter for Kira, and then they come up with THAT? Maybe It would be easier to accept if it was L who won, But that brat just ticks me off. I mean through whole beginning there was logical train of thought, then at the end (from what i remember - i watched series about 2 months ago) comes Near and comes up with ideas without any reason. Like the thing with those 13-or-sumthin days without writing in diary. L was fooled, Light's father was fooled, everyone was fooled, but then comes Near and he just KNOWS that Light is guilty, and just tries to get evidence... And then at the last episode Kira looses because some moron decided to take his own course of actions. It's like... He's devoted to Kira for 30 days and does exactly what hes told, then on last day he says "no, I must help him" and screws up... No, I don't accept it -_-

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Dec 17, 2007 8:56 AM
Dec 2007
Can someone explain what the significance is of mello in their plan? I really don't get it, lol. Like I don't understand what happened exactly!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

28 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kei-clone - Mar 21, 2007

121 by misterskinny »»
Apr 27, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 26, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.