Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2010 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
Brave fail. Dead Peterhausen. Rushed.

Despite this, I still give it an 8/10 because it's a harem that I didn't drop.

I hope there's a second season. If not, oh well.
Jun 18, 2010 10:59 PM

Apr 2010
that was a good anime. 7/10 because it didnt feel like it was a good enough plot. hope there is a second season
Jun 18, 2010 11:00 PM
Feb 2009
i enjoyed this series but it only deserve 8/10 at most due to some flaws that u all knew.

anyway, u can rewrite history, u can change the future, but u cant change ur destiny lol
oblivious is a bliss
Jun 18, 2010 11:08 PM

Nov 2009
between 7-8/10 but closer to 7 because there wasn't enough time to divulge into the depth that the show truly needed. had the potential to be better. harem ending expected but i was always rooting for junko. korone's char was entertaining in the 1st third or half or whatever it was...
flipocrisyJun 18, 2010 11:23 PM
Jun 18, 2010 11:10 PM

Dec 2009
It had a lot of potential and kinda lost steam in the middle, but overall it was still entertaining. Plus Akuto's fights got pretty badass in the end. I would've been way happier without Brave, but thank god he wasn't as incredibly annoying in this final episode.

Yeah, it would've been better if it had been a longer season, but hell, I'll give it a 7.5/10 since it managed to keep me satisfied most of the time, which rounds up to an 8 :P.
Jun 18, 2010 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
that ending was amazingly pathetic.

there wasn't any super-omega-couch-fucking-nearly-killed-you boss battle, instead what we got was some overly dramatic emotions crap and i say BULLSHIT... i deserve at least one decent fight that doesn't end in one minute, for watching this crap.

none of the fights were challenging. it always ended up as something like "lets unlock some magical bullshit to let you easily win and not make this fight worth watching."

and the ending... "oh, everything is cool. i just somehow managed to change everyones' memory, no major consequences what-so-ever (with the exception of peterhausen)... by the way im hungry... rice!!! YAY!!!"

4/10 at best, everything would have been better w/o brave, he killed the show.
Jun 18, 2010 11:17 PM

May 2009
went good because of the ending or still bad?or did it became worst XD

hehe good anime if you don't have anythin to watch atm XD
Jun 18, 2010 11:20 PM

May 2009
BlackTruth said:
that ending was amazingly pathetic.

there wasn't any super-omega-couch-fucking-nearly-killed-you boss battle, instead what we got was some overly dramatic emotions crap and i say BULLSHIT... i deserve at least one decent fight that doesn't end in one minute, for watching this crap.

none of the fights were challenging. it always ended up as something like "lets unlock some magical bullshit to let you easily win and not make this fight worth watching."

and the ending... "oh, everything is cool. i just somehow managed to change everyones' memory, no major consequences what-so-ever (with the exception of peterhausen)... by the way im hungry... rice!!! YAY!!!"

4/10 at best, everything would have been better w/o brave, he killed the show.

lol brave has a tail and wings on his ***** XD
Jun 19, 2010 12:58 AM

Jan 2010
Thank god this shits over, now I can concentrate on all the much better shows.

4/10, and thats being generous.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Jun 19, 2010 12:59 AM

Nov 2008
So let me get this straight. Blue won? I am experiencing a relatively low level of dissatisfaction since I don't actually care enough.

That time paradox thing is loads of bullshit unless Keena was not only from a different time, but dimension so it would not repeat into infinity, which still means the problem goes unsolved in other reality; well, unless it is cross-dimensional. So in some other place and time, they are still fucked ×∞.

And for that, 4/10.
Jun 19, 2010 1:02 AM

Jan 2009
It is kinda baffling that they managed to squeeze out only 12 episodes from 5 of the novels (9 have been published thus far)...but this also leaves room for a second season, so I'm happy about that ^_^

I loved the episode... especially since it was so AkutoxKeena.

That whole "contract" thing sounded like someone had to have H with Keena...and if that's the case, the blond guy was basically going to rape her O_O

Confucius said:
I love how no one grieves for the Dragon, that blonde ponytail guy, and the principal. What about the damages caused?

I grieved for him. Poor Pe-chan! ;_;

havsie said:
It was an incredibly fun show, the end was better than expected and the somewhat open ending with Peterhausen's tooth was relatively good.

I have to say, it really was a surprise hit in the season and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Also, Blue got the most confirmed end of the show..excellent.

He sure as hell did! Akuto instigated the hug and wiped his tears, LMAO.

And I agree with everything else you said ;)
Jun 19, 2010 2:06 AM

Feb 2010
I liked this series, 9/10, It's not worth of a 10 besause they really rushed everything in the final episodes, as most of you guys said, but I'm still hoping for a second season, at least the episode gave us some hints that's possible.^^

And Akuto grieved for Peterhausen in the end, when he said that he could have a new oportunity and it was all thanks to him. Peterhausen was the most epic character in the series for sure, I liked a lot his quotes o/
Jun 19, 2010 2:12 AM

Jun 2009
What a shitstorming clusterfuck of an anime. The story had more holes than the ozone layer not to mention more contradictions than the Bible. Two good things about this series: Keena and the Music. That is all.

4/10
Jun 19, 2010 3:02 AM

Aug 2008
7/10 from me. A very enjoyable series. Not sure yet, but guessing between 5th-7th best this season.
Jun 19, 2010 3:04 AM

Apr 2010
What a crappy ending.. Peterhausen died and humanity was saved. </3

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 19, 2010 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
WTF HAPPENED HUH?

The only thing that i got was Peterhausen died :(
Jun 19, 2010 3:45 AM

Mar 2009
Fast ending, at least one more would've been OK.

I wish it was more conclusive, relationship-wise too.

=X, pity.. had so much potential :(

How was the light novel?
Jun 19, 2010 3:47 AM

May 2007
The show was pretty decent, but the ending was bad and really random.

Jun 19, 2010 4:19 AM

Jun 2010
flame_tiong said:
anyway, u can rewrite history, u can change the future, but u cant change ur destiny lol

QFT'd lol

To be honest they rushed it so fast with the second half I no longer understand what's going on. Short fights are boring as well. And with Akuto being declared to be a future demon lord again in the ending, it makes me wonder what did Peterhausen sacrifice himself for...
Jun 19, 2010 4:47 AM

Sep 2009
What?...Well at least this was entertaining. Looks like they might do a second season. I'm really close to rating this a 6, but since it was pretty entertaining (or at least initially), I'll give it a 7 (a very low 7).
Jun 19, 2010 5:24 AM
Sep 2009
This would have been way better if it were at least 20 eps. The concept wasn't bad, and it was funny at times. It's too bad Korone got little screen time during the last few eps...

This gets a 7/10 from me, slightly enjoyable, but rushed.
Jun 19, 2010 6:45 AM

Apr 2009
entertaining.. a decent action-ecchi-harem anime.. likeable harem members, pretty badass lead.. but pacing or series length killed it and all its potential was lost.. damn, that's why 12-episode animes of recent times are so underwhelming.. 7/10.. didn't even get my favors..
Jun 19, 2010 7:00 AM

Dec 2009
well, nice series..
it wudve gone better with like 24 eps, then the story could be more developed
cudve been a more defined ending
but i guess "RESET BUTTON" looks more attractive to the Japanese mind
Jun 19, 2010 7:04 AM
Feb 2010
One thing i don't get.....Peterhausen and the 2 guardians of the god-tree said the Demon Lord was created by god....but since Akuto killed the gods....how exactly is his destiny still a Demon Lord?

Unless ofc, the only god he killed was Suhara.....
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jun 19, 2010 7:33 AM

Feb 2009
Well that was...an interesting ending. This really had potential but 12 episodes wasn't enough to flesh it out. But the ride was kinda fun, even with every episode bombarding us with plot and fanservice. It was a 7/10 but since Brave got beaten. Hattori sort of won, and that member of the student council spoke, I'll be generous and give it an 8/10.

Pee-chan xD
Jun 19, 2010 10:05 AM

Apr 2009
Nice harem ending!
Cool God hacking dragon just had to die. ;_;
I said HALLELUJAH when Brave's suit broke into piece. Worst anime superhuman ever.
8/10.
Jun 19, 2010 10:11 AM

Jan 2009
ending's pretty good. at least he didn't turn into human. so it's better than I expected. I was ready for the worse
Jun 19, 2010 10:51 AM
Jun 2010
no. no second season! if they thought that they could be renewed for a second season even after that mess of a plot (and apparently they did since they left the ending open for continuation with the whole reprediction that he will become demon lord again BS), then instead they should have focused on using what they crammed into the first 7-8eps and expanded it with good pacing/character development/world building to make a good 12ep series from the start. one that actually deserves a second season. they didn't earn it, so they shouldn't get it.

yea, it was mindlessly enjoyable at times, so i continued it. but there were way too many times where it crashed and burned in an epic facepalming fail. that was even before they introduced brave. (BRAVE! >_<) and dude, don't give me the whole harem genre excuse, cuz there have been plenty decent fantasy action x ecchi harem series that still managed at least a semblance of a plot/good execution.

to be fair, i was surprised that they were able to throw in the whole reality rewrite thing to the ending - convenient and ridiculous, but still pretty clever. at least until they undid everything with their "back to status quo" end montage. ugh.
Jun 19, 2010 10:57 AM

Jan 2010
I am going to repeat what everyone said and confirm that it was really rushed and a mess.

But that aside, I laughed my ass of at the ending so I am going to give it a 5/10 for that.
Jun 19, 2010 12:57 PM

Sep 2009
Ending was kinda good. And I love Keena. really.

Yes they rushed series, 24 eps could be better but still not bad. The only thing that I don't like: Sai still didn't make choise between Junko and Keena but It was predictable
Jun 19, 2010 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Considering how much they rushed the plot since ep 9...this ending was pretty good...not as good as it could have been if they had a 24+ episodes but I enjoyed it for the most part 7/10...i also want a remake of it...it could be done a lot better!
Jun 19, 2010 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
Lol, what was with the 'middle of the night BAM midday' transition? xD Hahaha.

Well, started better than it ended, that's for sure. Don't think I'd be eager to watch a second season. I had some laugh, mostly at the beginning, but then the nonsensical overtook the funny.
Peterhausen was cool though...and of course he had to die =.= Gah.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 19, 2010 2:57 PM

Jul 2008
hakuma said:
no. no second season! if they thought that they could be renewed for a second season even after that mess of a plot (and apparently they did since they left the ending open for continuation with the whole reprediction that he will become demon lord again BS), then instead they should have focused on using what they crammed into the first 7-8eps and expanded it with good pacing/character development/world building to make a good 12ep series from the start. one that actually deserves a second season. they didn't earn it, so they shouldn't get it.

yea, it was mindlessly enjoyable at times, so i continued it. but there were way too many times where it crashed and burned in an epic facepalming fail. that was even before they introduced brave. (BRAVE! >_<) and dude, don't give me the whole harem genre excuse, cuz there have been plenty decent fantasy action x ecchi harem series that still managed at least a semblance of a plot/good execution.

to be fair, i was surprised that they were able to throw in the whole reality rewrite thing to the ending - convenient and ridiculous, but still pretty clever. at least until they undid everything with their "back to status quo" end montage. ugh.

i agree and disagree with that comment. as for now, i argue, no second season, UNLESS they become like the FMA:B people and realize "hey we fucked up that first show, let's make a comeback and produce a show equal to greatness!"

FMA:B is fucking greatness, but to do a feat like that is not easy.
Jun 19, 2010 3:11 PM

Dec 2009
The soap opera music was key for this episode -- I was able to laugh through it instead of cringe.

6/10 because I really enjoyed the first half of the series.
Jun 19, 2010 3:28 PM

Apr 2010
Hooray, Keena didn't win the color wars!
Jun 19, 2010 4:14 PM

Feb 2009
Omg, I rushed these last three episodes. Brave? Heroic dragon death? Shirtless demon gods?

4/10.

Jun 19, 2010 5:17 PM

Dec 2008
Akuto still become Demon Lord in future...
Jun 19, 2010 6:46 PM

Apr 2008
pretty lag o_o

Jun 19, 2010 7:21 PM

Jun 2010
So is it safe to assume Peter the Dragon is the hero.......
SkyFadeJun 19, 2010 7:40 PM
Jun 19, 2010 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
If it wasn't rushed it would of been great but i suppose pretty good all things considering, hope for a second season xD
Jun 19, 2010 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
soooo i'm confused about what went on about the whole episode...the other keena somehow had an ability to change everything...but then nothing changed!? he was still teh demon lord -_-; and everyone is happy and the end was kinda messed up...anyone else confused??
Jun 19, 2010 8:59 PM
Jun 2008
The ending is splendid done.
hatred bring war ,war bring peace, peace bring dissatisfaction ,dissatisfaction bring hatred again ^^
I like this Anime because its moral didn't focus on just defeating the system like its done in terra he...... but this series is focus on the inevitable process(lifestyle) itself ...what can you complaint about it,since they mixed harem in this series from the start till the end.I guess this is the most suitable result they come out.do you know what i mean???
"The end is perfect" the last sentence in the episode
probably there is no more second season.
10/10 ^^
MorningGloryJun 19, 2010 9:04 PM
Jun 19, 2010 9:18 PM
Feb 2010
Wait.... so God Suhara is dead rite? Then why is mana still possible to use and why is there still a Demon Lord? Not to mention, what really happened after the explosion? Did everything reset itself?

giraffe13280 said:
soooo i'm confused about what went on about the whole episode...the other keena somehow had an ability to change everything...but then nothing changed!? he was still teh demon lord -_-; and everyone is happy and the end was kinda messed up...anyone else confused??

Me lol. I am also wondering why no one else is confused. By the way what happened to Bouichiro, CIM08, the green girl's family ? And what happened to Junko after she renounced her family?

Some how I feel the the conclusion is pretty badly done... but I'm sure at least 60% of the audience watching this ep won't even think anything's wrong.
DunkjoeJun 19, 2010 9:23 PM
Jun 19, 2010 10:37 PM
Jun 2008
Dunkjoe said:
Wait.... so God Suhara is dead rite? Then why is mana still possible to use and why is there still a Demon Lord? Not to mention, what really happened after the explosion? Did everything reset itself?
Keena(the yellow hair) rewrites the story a bit and return back to life of Akuto to what it is really was before.She also delete everyone's memory except the a few character.
this is the only part which i feel very weird because it sound as if Kenaa more like a God herself or maybe she is The GOD .
Let take from a different point of view.
"Women give pleasure to men" and "men give the feeling of protection to women"
If a demon lord's ambition(pleasure) is destroy the system, his girlfriend(god) will provide him the pleasure of it.And his girlfriend also will think his boyfriend act cool and both party get what they want but the best part is that both party doesn't realize it. ^^
hahahah don't take my idea seriously,just enjoy the show
MorningGloryJun 19, 2010 10:55 PM
Jun 19, 2010 11:01 PM

Dec 2008
Well I didn't like the ending in particular, otherwise it was a good run.
Jun 19, 2010 11:11 PM
Feb 2010
MorningGlory said:
Dunkjoe said:
Keena(the yellow hair) rewrites the story a bit and return back to life of Akuto to what it is really was before.She also delete everyone's memory except the a few character.
this is the only part which i feel very weird because it sound as if Kenaa more like a God herself or maybe she is The GOD .
Let take from a different point of view.
"Women give pleasure to men" and "men give the feeling of protection to women"
If a demon lord's ambition(pleasure) is destroy the system, his girlfriend(god) will provide him the pleasure of it.And his girlfriend also will think his boyfriend act cool and both party get what they want but the best part is that both party doesn't realize it. ^^
hahahah don't take my idea seriously,just enjoy the show

Qn is did they return to the past? But with all the debris still lying there I dun think so. Plus what was changed? Akuto's life seemed to go back to the past... but dun tell me God Sahara was resurrected in the process too? Cos if God Sahara is gone then everything should be drastically different. I believe Akuto did destroy the tree.
Jun 19, 2010 11:49 PM
Jun 2008
@Dunkjoe
That is the reason I am confuse but also astounded That Keena said she can alter the history.If God Suhara is just a system then would keena be the Real God??
Ok ,return back to the question.
Maybe they return back to the past just like Bouichiro,but since Keena(yellow hair) said he alter the story so it(to restart again) kinda confuse because she is doing the impossible.For me I believe the Real God or story maker are Keena herself, it doesn't really matter the big fat tree destroyed.

"I want to fulfill what the two who fell in love with me wish for"~Keena(yellow hair)
I think this is the most important quote in the whole episode.
Of course this sentence can be said by any highschool girl in the world.
But in the world of Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou ,it is different.but the two guy's ambition is like OMG taking over the world hard to fulfill and Keena able to do it.So I was like " WOW "
MorningGloryJun 20, 2010 12:08 AM
Jun 20, 2010 12:04 AM

May 2009
Lame final episode is lame. This series was so much better the first five episodes. Maybe cause it lacked lame brave. Maybe cause even though the twists unbelievable made sense. Maybe it's because they focused on my personal favorite Etou more so I was able to enjoy it. Then later they turned her into more of a gag.

Also I still don't get wtf is up with Yamato Bouichirou. I get he is suppose to be some kind of time traveling bull shit. But then why does he have a grave? Why was this never addressed? Back in episode 5 they had to go to his grave to get the recording. Was he dead and brought back to life with magic? Did he put a grave there so no one would know he was able to live forever or some bull shit? Was it really just put there to hide the recording thingy? EXPLAIN SERIES EXPLAIN! Oh wait it's over FUUUUU

Also I don't like Keena normally I am like yeah bubbly air heads are cute. Though she is obviously retarded. None of the other air heads reach quite her level I don't get what is to like about her. I was kind of like ohh when it seemed like she was just playing dumb. Though really she isn't she is just naturally that stupid. Her other side or whatever from what I could gather is the one who holds all wisdom she just magically knows all. And it's not used in a clever way she is just stupid. These are just mostly my opinions though. Not to mention it never explains shit about her past. Why didn't she recognize him being it hinted they knew each other?!

This anime was good and I enjoyed it but it really fell short later episodes.
Jun 20, 2010 12:51 AM

Jun 2009
It's a bit rushed but I don't mind that, because watching Daimaou is really fun for me. I rate it 8/10.

No Peterhausen ;_; died. At the end was really funny, he'll become a Demon lord againxD

Jun 20, 2010 1:08 AM

Apr 2009
Brave ruined the whole series. Well that and rushing.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BladedWarrior - Apr 30, 2010

128 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.