Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 28, 2011 7:09 AM

Oct 2010
lol i re-watched this after two months and it stays on the 7/10, but please no second season

NT69RF said:
It is also left to the imagination the thought that maybe the gods faked their deaths. This is implied by Sai being selected as the Demon King again.

Well, if we thinking of Keena as the vessel for the gods (law of identity or w/e) then she really doesn't have powers beyond any normal character until the future with the blond guy where she becomes one with the gods. By some reason she manage to talk to something (lets pretend is her eternal soul) that knew events of the future (?). Just that wouldn't explain the mayor patch she did on everyone's memory, unless the gods where still alive and she pretty much became one with them for a couple minutes just to alter that piece of information.

If we see how the 1st season left off, the second season is bound to be a rinse and repeat... unless Neo feels like challenging the architect now
huh?
May 30, 2011 9:44 PM

Mar 2010
This is one of the most stupid anime i've ever watched

Jun 12, 2011 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
I had to rewatch the last few episodes to get a grip on what was going on :S
Jun 14, 2011 2:27 AM
Jul 2010
Still can't get bored of this, going to rewatch for the 3rd time o.o
Aug 20, 2011 10:39 PM

Jul 2009
8/10
This anime is a bit stupid, overfilled with ecchi and too rushed. But I enjoyed it. Art and seiyu are very nice.
Aug 24, 2011 2:45 PM
Jul 2009
8,5/10
At the beggining it was COOOL but then they utilised everything in last few eps and meh. It could be more than 12eps and with more android perverted talks xD
xxx
Aug 29, 2011 12:24 AM

Nov 2010
Yea, the first 3~4 eps where masterpiece while the rest of them where kind too rushed. I don't know... to be honest, this series wasn't as much enjoyable as the one you'd expect for an ecchi-harem anime such as Infinite Stratos or Highschool of the Dead. And the plot development sure as hell was too weak and I could bearly stand there fast forwarding scenes (actually I had to rewind them way too much since I couldn't catch up with subs). Anyways, I rather recommend this to those fanservice freaks seeking for a good number of breasts and pervs.
Dec 26, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
Havent finished the last episode yet, but what does singularity and identity mean in this series?
Dec 26, 2011 1:11 PM

Dec 2010
Nevermind, i learned the meanings after I finished the series. I will post my thoughts about the series later on since its 5AM already.
Apr 23, 2012 6:39 PM

Sep 2010
7/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 27, 2012 2:11 PM

Feb 2012
6/10. it was fun to watch but i found myself losing interest at times and everything was so chaotic it was sometimes hard to follow what was happening. i didnt hate it, but i would probably never rewatch it.
May 7, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2011
All Hail The Demon King!!

Dammit I wonna be a Demon King so bad T_T
May 18, 2012 11:51 AM

Feb 2010
PETERHAUSEN!!! ;__; You'll always have a special place in my heart.
Jun 16, 2012 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
the ending was pretty stupid
Jul 2, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
funny anime but i agree a bit rushed but overal its a good anime 9/10

i stil hope for a season 2 the manga and ligth novel are ongoing so there is hope. but its 2 years finished already so it doesn't look like there will be another season but who knows i have seen a anime that started after 8 years again so lets hope they will make another season. :)
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 5, 2012 2:01 AM

Jan 2011
i liked the first bit of the series but among brave and other things plus this feeling so rushed and me having no clue what was going on near the end i'll give it a 6.9/10.
Jul 13, 2012 12:11 AM

Jun 2012
why does everyone dislike brave so much? he isnt that bad....
Sep 1, 2012 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
Rushed but loved it.
Sep 2, 2012 1:20 PM
Mar 2012
Did anyone find out which girl he chose?
Sep 5, 2012 6:25 PM
Mar 2012
_retro_reactive said:
why does everyone dislike brave so much? he isnt that bad....

Why does everyone like peterhausen so much? He wasn't that good...

However I enjoyed this anime but the end is a disappointment. Too many things happened and aren't explained properly. And then everything seems to start again which doesn't makes any sense since the god is dead.

I would like to see another season of this anime but more like a comedy, who's in love with who, kind of style and without this "we need to finish this anime"-attitude.

Campinoe is kind of similar and very rushed atm. I hope they don't finish like this anime did. Just wanted to throw this out there.
Sep 5, 2012 8:18 PM

Dec 2011
I love this anime, but I agree it was rushed. I wish they would make a 2nd season, but I know it wont happen.

Dec 20, 2012 8:48 PM

Jun 2011
So much wasted potential. The plot and characters were all over the place after ep 2.

6/10 from me.
Jan 13, 2013 9:04 AM
Oct 2012
Good character, good music, echi and some good fight... 9/10
Feb 10, 2013 9:14 AM

Oct 2012
good characters, music, story .... I think it would get 10/10 from me if it would have 25 episodes or so

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Mar 5, 2013 3:23 PM

May 2012
Quite a piece full episode, nice and decent ending for this small but funny and good anime! Good art and a proper development in story and character all by all I enjoyed it quite much! 7/10

Lets see what the specials are all about!
Mar 14, 2013 10:48 AM
May 2011
man... am I the only one really irked over all the God bullshit that played such a major role in the 2nd half? I expected this to be lighthearted... but you don't make jokes about God.
May 4, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2012
Stuffed too much material into 12 episodes, but it was fun to watch. 6/10
Aug 8, 2013 6:41 PM
Nov 2012
I really loved it , but why didn´t akuto and junko kiss??
If the did I would have given it a 15/10
Oct 5, 2013 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
It had the potential to turn out to be something spectacular, but I guess that the producers didn't even aim for that. I think this show is pretty underrated though. True, a lot of things were rushed and many unnecessary shit got too much air time but it was still enjoyable at the very least.

8/10

Season 2 seems unlikely, too bad.
Dec 9, 2013 12:45 PM
Nov 2013
julyan04 said:
It had the potential to turn out to be something spectacular, but I guess that the producers didn't even aim for that. I think this show is pretty underrated though. True, a lot of things were rushed and many unnecessary shit got too much air time but it was still enjoyable at the very least.

8/10

Season 2 seems unlikely, too bad.

I agree 100%. I saw so much potential in the first 6-8 episodes and then the last 4 episodes happened.....

So much rushing, so little explanations. I don't blame the show for this...I rather think it is a problem with the industry as a whole.....everything revolves around money and so little notice is paid to potential. This show would have been epic had it been given many more episodes to tell it's story. Instead the director tried to mash everything into 12 episodes because he wasn't given an adequate space of time to tell the story properly. I have seen this so many times with anime I have watched of late......lots of potential to be epic wasted because all anime's seem to be 12 episode seasons and as we all know if you do not sell X amount of DVD sales then the show gets shelved and mothballed. It would be nice to see some companies that give shows with potential leeway to be as good as they can be.

Because the industry is the way it is right now, that also helps to bury shows with potential. Anime DVD's/Bluray are super overpriced. A regular movie costs about 15 bucks even when first released, with anime you are easily paying 40-80 bucks for a seasons worth and the episodes are roughly 25 minutes each. Not everyone is made of money so to spend this much on multiple animes is for most people a financial impossibility. To put it simply it is price gouging and greed, pure and simple and that also contributes a nail to the coffin of animes like this one that have potential but get crushed under the weight of the way the industry is.
Feb 10, 2014 7:27 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Peter Hausen: epic dragon-hacker. And that was a seriously HUGE exploding tree.
Mar 2, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good final episode, yes this has got to be the most rushed anime i have ever seen.

The show and premise has a lot of potential.

First let's talk about the episode.

That bro moment with Akuto and Hiroshi ^^

I'm confused with this Yuko Hattori girl, first she gets crazy and wants to kill Akuto, then out of nowhere she's okay now O___O

I feel sorry for Bouichirou, He just wanted he's lover Rimu with him. I do wonder why he was chosen to endure all these pain every single time??

What i don't understand is if Bouichirou plans on controlling the Gods, what's the difference since Akuto too wanted to control the Gods in the first place.

And what the hell, if this was really a magician show, why is the Gods are machine like, same with Peterhausen as well!!

Peterhausen is definitely the star of the show!! such a badass dragon!!

Shame he died T__T i wonder why he gave a tooth to Keena? maybe he can be resurrected in the future??

Looks like Yuuko is now healed

So Keena and Rimu rewrote history? what about Bouichirou?? what happened to him? was he able to reunite with his lover Rimu??

what about the Gods? What about the group that hired Korone? What happened to Teruya?? Did her father punished her?? What about the last Demon Lord? was hoping he would make an appearance beside some flashback.

So many plot holes that were left, at least they returned to normal like in the first episode.

Though was hoping a more magician anime instead of pseudo machine like world.

The fights are awesome though, Still if only they have more time and episodes as well as coherent direction this would have been a special one.

And what the hell Korone's role got reduced towards the end T___T

Finally Junko is no longer the hot headed girl in the first episode. And we didn't learn about Fujioka's brother and what really happened. Arnoul finally spoke!!! Was hoping to hear more Kotobuki, Minako, but i heard her as one of the guardians of the tree.

Lol Akuto is really destined to be the Demon Lord XD

In any case, it's still disappointing that the ending was clearly rushed and alot of things didn't made any sense. I was really hoping for more Korone screentime :(

I also saw the PV of the series before this aired, and according to the video the voice actors were different compared to the final product.

Like Akuto is voiced by Daisuke Ono, Hattori by Shiharaishi Ryouko, Keen by Nakahara Mai etc.

Still i enjoyed the current cast :)

Still i would give it an 8/10 since i saw a good potential, but was hit hard by lack of clear plot and consistent pace.

Love the boobs and fanservice every now and then though :P

Blu Ray version FTW!!!
Apr 9, 2014 2:23 PM

Jun 2012
Everything came in way too fast... The ending definitely felt rushed. I would have liked it better if it stuck to what it was doing in the first few episodes, showcasing a hopelessly misunderstood nice guy.

I was going to give this a 9, but I think I'll give it an 8 now.

martinyyyy said:
Why does everyone like peterhausen so much? He wasn't that good...

Probably because he's a dragon and also 'evil'. Personally, he didn't get enough screentime to actually make me care about him.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Apr 27, 2014 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
The definition of wasted potential. Unlike another short 12 episode ecchi shounen fantasy ecchi show like Hagure no Yusha which at least excelled at what it aimed to do, namely comedy, good fan service and a badass MC. Here though we lose the comedy quickly, the fan service is quite weak (ignoring the censored crap which is infamous), and the MC is upstaged by a crony Suzaku Saiyaman named Brave.

I will give it a generous 7/10, since its still mildly entertaining and fun and there are good moments. It could have used multiple full 24 episode seasons, better pacing, better cohesion and reasoning behind the plot, better romance, better ecchi, better fanservice... In short it coulda been much much better. Dissapointed.
Jul 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Jun 2012
This last ep was awesome! I'd like to give this a 9 but the series was a little stale around was the middle.
Aug 9, 2014 10:04 PM
Dec 2013
can someone please tell me where the anime leaves off in the manga? :) i'd really appreciate that
Aug 12, 2014 2:56 AM

Jul 2012
It was rushed but it was watchable. The constant misunderstandings and jokes.

6/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 11, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2013
A surprisingly enjoyable end to an erratically paced anime. The OST did stand out to me as quite good. I kind of stopped taking the plot seriously around episode 9 to 10 because it became quite incoherent, but it was an entertaining end.

I was expecting an end like most of the animes that didn't get another season -- with things left unfinished. But the way the anime ended here isn't too bad and I can be happy with the end if it never gets another season.
Nov 28, 2014 12:38 AM
Mar 2014
I had trouble keeping track of what was going on later in the show, but it was still fun to watch :) 7/10
Mar 31, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
holy hell, this show went on an AMAZING decline.

in the beginning, it was pretty decent. A do-able plot, good-ish characters, some humor here and there mixed in with some action but then... *sigh*

- This show's setting is crazy as shit-- demons, dragons, fantasy, magic(mana), monsters, and... technology/machines?

- "Brave" as a concept and the character himself was SO SO SO stupid; freaking fruity Power Ranger reject. He wasted our time fighting against Akuto for what? Over a silly girl? Fu*k that girl too.

- Junko wasted our time going against Akuto for what? Family honor? Right, like that really means anything at that point in time. Luckily she had a character change before further wasting more of our time.

- Brave is such a stupid concept and character

- The whole end battle was rushed and stupid, you have friends fighting friends for no apparent reason, forced plot devices, and deus ex machina everywhere

- Brave is such a stupid concept and character

- LOL @ the pathetic excuse of a villain (blondie ponytail guy). All that nonsense because he got NTR'ed

a weak 5 or 6 out of 10; cool main character though.
Apr 4, 2015 6:40 AM
Feb 2009
PETERHAUSEN total badass !! 7/10
Apr 18, 2015 6:45 PM
Nov 2014
Just watched this....horrible ass anime. Shitty ass plot makes no sense what so ever. I just only enjoyed the harem comedy, besides that the plot is complete shit. Also I just feel bad for the character, Bochiro losing the girl he likes to someone else cus of some dumbass "role" smh.
Jun 8, 2015 4:10 PM
Sep 2014
I expected classic harem anime but i have to say im surprised how good it was. Except for episode 7 everything was great and entertaining. Loved the soundtrack.
Jun 29, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2011
This actually ends in not too bad a place considering what happened in the final volume of the LN. It was rushed, they changed some things from the LN's, and we're going to miss some really nice girls who show up in future arcs, but all in all, this is an ok place to call it quits before it gets really weird.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 13, 2015 4:04 AM

Sep 2014
Soo basically it ends where it started. But without Peterhausen.
Horrible idea ._.

I liked it, but it was to rushed sadly.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 13, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2015
Hahaha I love the ending xD
Aug 29, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
The last couple of episodes were really rushed. I don't understand the point of Brave. He adds nothing to the show.

I did enjoy the series overall. 7/10
Oct 11, 2015 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
I actually liked the first half but after the god awful episode 7 it just got worse and ended up very mediocre to me.
Oct 18, 2015 1:07 AM

Dec 2013
I don't really know what happened towards the end, but this series managed to keep me entertained.
Oct 22, 2015 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
The last episodes were absolutely awful including this one, really dragged the anime down. 3/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BladedWarrior - Apr 30, 2010

128 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.