Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2010 1:13 AM

Mar 2010
Yuri, becoming the next epic girl in anime :D
Jun 19, 2010 1:18 AM

Nov 2008
Lelouch_X said:

love this expression of her face <3
I especially liked this one <3

Jun 19, 2010 1:24 AM

Jan 2010
Angel beats is AMAZING.
The only thing I didn't like about it is that Otonashi, being the main male character, did not receive enough air time compared to other main characters from Key's works, like Tomoya, Yuuichi or Yukito.... Especially comparing Otonashi to Yukito since both series had almost the same amount of episodes, Yukito had more air time.
But, overall, this series rocks ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2010 1:25 AM

May 2008
5-DAN EPIC WIN HAHA he looks dam cool now.

sad sad very sad i wanna cry =P

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 19, 2010 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
So wtf were they talking about in the computer lab? It just sounded like a bunch of random shit put together.
Jun 19, 2010 1:47 AM

Feb 2008
Terrible episode. Don't care for the characters or what's going on anymore.
Jun 19, 2010 1:48 AM

Feb 2010
whoa pretty nice episode...

there are some points that I was confused though..
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 19, 2010 1:54 AM

Apr 2010
What a deep, interesting, fantastic, extremely funny and amazing anime. They need to make more seasons, I cant take having only one ep left!!!
Jun 19, 2010 2:04 AM

Jun 2010
Can't wait for the next ep. I liked TK's battle style and Yuri's well played insane expression. xD
Nyan~
Jun 19, 2010 2:14 AM

Aug 2009
interesting ep. but i didn't quite get the conversation in the computer lab either :/
Jun 19, 2010 2:15 AM

Feb 2010
Really liked the episode and am looking forward to the beautiful finally.
Jun 19, 2010 2:32 AM
Jul 2018
Alot of people disappered there, and TK pwnd :D

Yuri noooooooooo why did u destroy all those computers, u could of used them, seriously could of just unpluged them

Last episode next week, wooow
Jun 19, 2010 2:55 AM

Nov 2009
I vote this episode half-half.

Everything goes too fast, way too fast in just one effing episode. And wtf? How can Yurippe beat up that many monsters with just 4 (or 6) guns and pistols? And this episode is confusing, but I understood the computer conversation part. Anyway, looking forward to the ending episode.
Jun 19, 2010 3:00 AM

May 2010
I don't think the ''love trigger'' has anything to do with either Otonashi or Kanade. Since it was clearly said Yuri triggers the ''love alert'', because she wants to defends everyone. It's rather vague what they emphasize as love, but apparently it's Yuri's will to defend the others that triggers the ''love'' whatsoever alert.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2010 3:02 AM

May 2010
good episode, looking forward to ending ;]

PSYCHO YURI!! :D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 19, 2010 3:10 AM

Dec 2009
meh, Yuri's "love" was kinda overrated ..
One more episode and its over, too bad , could have been a great series...
Jun 19, 2010 3:20 AM

Apr 2010
I hope the ending would not be a cliffhanger or something like that..

uhh where did the guy controlling the computers gone to? disappeared?
Sig deleted for idiocy.
Jun 19, 2010 3:23 AM
Feb 2009
alpha69 said:
I'm still looking forward to knowing what binds Otonashi and Kanade to the world, Kanade's past, and how Yuri died, although I have a pretty probable guess with the first one, I still want to hear it said. =D

If all this is fulfilled, I'd have no lingering doubt to giving this series a 9.
pretty much waiting for this
oblivious is a bliss
Jun 19, 2010 3:23 AM

Nov 2006
i find it hard to believe that noda willingly stayed behind.

if hinata gets what i deem to be a good end, i'm giving it a 10.
Jun 19, 2010 3:31 AM
Mar 2008
This reminds me of clannad after story ending, when you were left wondering wtf just happened... too much nonsensical shit packed in 5 mins of shallow explanation.
What's with the whole amnesia thing? Could somebody explain me?
Jun 19, 2010 3:34 AM
Jun 2009
How can the tie all the lose ends in one episode? O.o
Well, we shall see...
Jun 19, 2010 3:39 AM

Jan 2010
Very nice episode....
Yuri face when she was thinking about being god is priceless. XD

I am soooooo excited for the ending! Hope it isn't disappointing one.

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
Jun 19, 2010 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
- Wait, how did they dissapeared?
- Way to go, TK!
- The same with Chaa, how he dissapeared? o.o
- Wait, isn't "Kiero!" a word for "dissapear"? Why Mazui translated it as "die"?
- Oh, Yuri's family name is Nakamura. ^^"
- Yuri's going insane? Yay.

Just... give me last episode, cause i don't know what to think about this.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 19, 2010 3:53 AM

Feb 2008
Since when did TK and 5-dan disappear? Didn't catch that at all.

It's like I was wondering wtf just happened throughout the episode...

Jun 19, 2010 4:00 AM
Mar 2008
OrochiPL said:

- Wait, isn't "Kiero!" a word for "dissapear"? Why Mazui translated it as "die"?

'cause they suck.
Jun 19, 2010 4:00 AM

Apr 2010
OrochiPL said:

They simply accepted as mentioned by Yuri in episode 3's end.

DestinyFate said:

They didn't unless it was done off screen. They were still holding off the shadows on the surface while Otonashi mounted his rescue mission.

Since the next episode is graduation, we may get the final "class" photo of the named SSS w/o GirlDemo, after fixing Takamatsu
Jun 19, 2010 4:09 AM
Sep 2009
tbh I'm a little bit disappointed with this ep. I hope the last ep will be a really good one, and not just a bye-bye and poof... everyone is gone.
The main problem with this show's script is that it looks like there is some mistery and there is never one. But the art and characters are amazing anyway, going to give it 8 or 9, depending on last ep.
Jun 19, 2010 4:15 AM

Nov 2009
-Tsume- said:
How can the tie all the lose ends in one episode? O.o
Well, we shall see...

Guess there will be mangas or novels to patch it up.

Lol, this is like NGE. Uncertainty leaves us to debate about these issues.

Well, it firstly gives a hint on the mechanics of the world. It also answers some of the questions posted by the previous episode. However, it also leaves questions for us to pounder about, which is good in a sense. Animes who give a definite plot is a big no no. (6-7/10).

Plot wise, it is not that rushed. In fact, the pacing is good. It did not dwell on unimportant stuff, and quickly leads up to the main gist of the episode.

However, one weakness of this anime is that it does not really reflect on the meaning of afterlive (or is it something that we have to think ourselves). On the grand scheme of things, what I observed is: "the battles and the struggles made by the SSS in the afterlive", but not about the concept of living itself. For a show that states "the greatest story about life, and whose story revolves about life itself", it looks abit hypocritical in retrospect.

The thirdteen episodes are just the so called introduction to what is going to come out as other forms of media such as books, mangas, etc. If someone wants to get a good understanding, he or she should read the books, or just participate in discussions about philosophies regarding this anime. In that sense, it is like NGE itself. NGE is a 26 episode series, but the way it protrays its anime is somewhat similar to angel beats, in which one is pushed to find the answers for himself.

Anyway, it is nice for a fact that they do not have a main protagonist or antagonist. It is a nice change compared to the many animes in which they have main lead A fighting bad guy B. -.-'

Summary: This anime is a great series (8/10)
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
Jun 19, 2010 4:16 AM

Nov 2006
OrochiPL said:
"dissapear" is a getting a little old dontcha think?

Tecu said:
TK is still the most retarded thing ever to be called an anime character. Saying random English sentences, that have nothing to do with anything, with a bad pronunciation is NOT cool.
did tk touch you in a place or in a way that made you feel uncomfortable?
Jun 19, 2010 4:21 AM

Jan 2009
Shit, I tought haruhippe were going to dissapear for real.

Well, a pretty much good episode that make a good step for the final episode next week.

Now that nobody has regrets, the next is graduation ?

I'll miss ya T.K. !
Jun 19, 2010 4:27 AM
Mar 2010
~~What's up with this serie..
Jun 19, 2010 4:33 AM

Jun 2009
windy said:
OrochiPL said:
"dissapear" is a getting a little old dontcha think?

Not really, besides dissapear=/=die after all.
draker said:
OrochiPL said:

'cause they suck.

No. They're imho one of best subbing groups out there.
Zaku_Fan said:
OrochiPL said:

So it was so easy after all...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 19, 2010 4:35 AM

Feb 2008
Zaku_Fan said:
OrochiPL said:

DestinyFate said:

They didn't unless it was done off screen. They were still holding off the shadows on the surface while Otonashi mounted his rescue mission.

Since the next episode is graduation, we may get the final "class" photo of the named SSS w/o GirlDemo, after fixing Takamatsu

I see, the OP was talking about 5-dan disappearing and that really confused me :/

Jun 19, 2010 4:56 AM

Jan 2008
...if we're talking about which Key Series have emotion and which don't, then I rank Angel Beats as #2 most emotional series in Key's backlog. I've got attached to quite a few characters and I appreciate the drama more. In fact, I would say others like Kanon and Air to be rubbish. They did nothing for me, as the characters were nothing more than stereotypes who never manage to evolve beyond and make me care.

In fact, Kanon bored me to tears. So, even though Angel Beats is rushed and don't know where its arse is in the process, I rather have a rushed episode with neat ideas and twist rather than something like Kanon or Air, which are drastically overrated imo.

In fact, I think pgsel got the review of episode 12 right

http://psgels.blogsome.com/2010/06/19/angel-beats-12/
Jun 19, 2010 5:01 AM
Mar 2008
OrochiPL said:

No. They're imho one of best subbing groups out there.

Good joke.
Jun 19, 2010 5:24 AM
Jun 2010
The episode was very good.I think the best scene was when Yuri had starting crying.
Sadlly the next will be the last episode of this anime...Why evry new anime have only 12 or 13 episodes?!
Jun 19, 2010 5:41 AM

Sep 2009
So why didn't Yuri disappear after she destroyed the system called "god" ?

I wonder if those pc's were what was making all the people vanish after they fulfilled their wish...and now that they're destroyed, nobody is going to vanish anymore.
Jun 19, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
Info dumping much? Way too much information in one ep Maede!
The end of this episode was actually really sweet. I almost felt something ache in my heart as the kids told her she's done enough now.
And then she didn't disappear and ruined the moment.
Jun 19, 2010 5:56 AM

Jun 2009
Kanade was so cute in this episode, even though she didn't get enough screentime but whatever:D
I cried when Yuri cried in front of her sisters T_T, it actually make me cry.
Bah, they didn't explain how Yuri died. I was expecting this answer in this episode.
divineiniquity said:
Ah, everything happened too fast again. Not happy with everyone disappearing within 30 seconds; those two other girls from GirlsDeMo got to speak for like the second time in this series now haha, apart from Hirako.

EDIT: Reminder that GirlsDeMo's album "Keep The Beats" is out this Wednesday!

you mean Hisako. Yeah, All of the members from GirlDeMo got a chance to speak. Even though they speak a little in the episode when Yui dissapear, I don't clearly remember what episode is that.

Oh and thanks for the info about the new album! can't wait for the release:D

Jun 19, 2010 6:45 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, Yuri didn't disappear. That totally ruined the moment.

Also, if Yuri suddenly turned Yangire, this would've been way more awesome. :>
Jun 19, 2010 6:54 AM
Apr 2010
still i saw kanade smiling lol XD!!!!

btw...

poor takamatsu LOL

My Badge
Jun 19, 2010 7:02 AM

May 2010
What's this about an album coming out? If it includes the BGM for this show I am so getting it somehow.

Anyway... the episode... I have a feeling I'm going to have to watch it again at some point. So much info! But, that's good, really. This is probably the first time since pretty early in the series that I felt this show has actually gotten pretty deep. It's been good before, but not quite on the same philosophical level as I'd hoped it would be early on.

Of course, once again it has to be stated that this series should have been so much longer. I'm actually conflicted as to whether that would resolve all its thematic issues; dealing with everything it's touched upon in these 13 short episodes would probably be a bit much even for 26 episodes, particularly as some of it would've contradict the other stuff. (Some of the motifs I read early on, such as Kanade not being a real enemy for example, couldn't really have been developed much more than they were without making some of the later stuff like this whole shadows business impossible.) Or then, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it could be done. Maybe one day I'll make my own anime and prove myself wrong...!

... nah.

Still, good episode. Yuri not disappearing at the end... slight moment-spoiler, true, but let's see where they go with this. It could be even better. Or then, it may not. This next final episode is going to be interesting; at last, there won't be this teasing shadow of the series getting better later on to dampen down the criticism. (It's a topic of discussion for itself whether such a shadow has proven justified up 'til now.)

Sundry observations:

T.K. is still very, very awesome.
Shiina is finally doing what she should have been doing all series.
Loved Otonashi and Matsuhita casually taking out monsters while talking, even if it was a little OOC considering much Otonashi at least later gets surprised my monsters doing the same thing as the one from that scene.
T.K. is also awesome.
Naoi delivered another stunning comedic performance by being pathetic and ignored (haha, poor guy).
Kanade appearing behind Otonashi when talking to Yuri was somehow extremely cute. Oh, and she had some great fight scenes too.
Yuri fixing her uniform, lol. Why bother? We were enjoying the view! For like a few seconds, true, but still...
Did I mention T.K. is awesome?
Jun 19, 2010 7:04 AM
Sep 2009
Yuri was cackling manically at the proposition to be God but then she was like no, FUUUUU and shoots all the computers.

Best part ^

I don't understand the programmer part? Methinks it's Hinata :S
Jun 19, 2010 7:09 AM

May 2010
The scene with all the computers was epic. If I would not have watched through the credits I would have thought Yuri disappeared. But then I went wait then the final episode would be very lackluster.

Then I saw the scene at the end. Hopefully the last episode makes up for the plot holes in the show.
Jun 19, 2010 7:09 AM

Feb 2009
SaberSkye said:
Info dumping much? Way too much information in one ep Maede!
The end of this episode was actually really sweet. I almost felt something ache in my heart as the kids told her she's done enough now.
And then she didn't disappear and ruined the moment.

Yea I agree XD.

I think this seires would have been better if it were more episodes, I feel like everything is rushed and you don't have enough time to care about most of the characters :(
Jun 19, 2010 7:17 AM
Jul 2008
TK is too awesome for this series.
Jun 19, 2010 7:25 AM

May 2010
I had high expectation on this series before it's airing since it's written by Maeda Jun. But after episode 12, I have to say that this series is the most disappointing one out of this season.

And I didn't feel attached to any of the characters, not even Otonashi. I even laughed during Hinata's confession, because it was abrupt to the point of ridiculous.

Too many plot holes, and odd, awkward scenes.

Since many people like this series, I guess this series is simply not my cup of tea.
Jun 19, 2010 7:27 AM

Jun 2008
Weapon rankings:
Fists<Pistols<Machineguns<Regular swords<Sniper Rifles<Matshushita's Fist<Fine Crafted Swods<Otonashi Badass-mode<Tactical Bomber<Shiina<Tactical Missles<US Army<Nuclear Missles<TK<Tenshi (Tachibana Kanade)<Flandre Scarlet

Please note: these ranks are based upon information, that mihgt be lacking, thus there might be smaller errors. Also note, that not every possible way of destruction is mentioned above.

On another note: Yurippe's monologues were a waste of time IMHO... They could have been filled with other stuff... like more action of the quintet... And they simply could have left the whole part of Yuri realising that she's becoming an NPC with an "I see, so that's what's happening..." and finish it in 10-13 seconds... instead of minutes...

Anyway... everyone's complaining about a mediocre ending... WHY? Mediocre endings are good... if you don't expect EPIC endings, then they leave you with a sense of comfort and warmness... I just don't understand why people don't realize this...

And I really expect someone to answer my question...
Jun 19, 2010 7:29 AM

Nov 2008
I...guess it was a good ep? Lots of info dumping, and I called GDM disappearing.
Jun 19, 2010 7:32 AM

Dec 2007
TK's lines are priceless.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.