Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 11, 2022 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
Crack said:
Are you fucking kidding me anime? How does a single episode get so much wrong so suddenly? The main villain who we've just spectating wandering around with the main characters the last several episodes, foreshadowed for the longest time, turns out to be not such a bad guy? Give me a break. Roberto's bullshit teleporting and immortality comes back again, I mean, everyone in this show literally does, even that abusive dad walks at the right time just so this show can rub its themes in your face one more time. And as contrived as it already is, why's fucking Runge the one to suggest saving Johan? Why don't we ask our empty shell of a protagonist? No better way to insult me after investing hours into this shit

https://youtu.be/dU2uy4oyq2w
The main goal of the show isnt to kill Johan the human, but the monster of nihilism thats inside him
Obviously convenient coincidences happen but if they serve the narrative of the show then its fine in my opinion, coincidences happen all the time in fiction
Nov 1, 2022 5:11 PM
Sep 2022
No puedo wn, no puedo con este capitulo
Lo que lleva la guatona!:
Jan 26, 2023 11:01 AM

Mar 2021
Pretty much brilliant.

Johan just appeared in front of Tenma. It's been so long since they confronted...

The moment when Johan was shot in the head, I was honestly a bit disappointed, because I expected more from his last conversation with Tenma and Nina, but there's still a chance for that in the final episode.

So the hidden memory that Nina had is the one about Poppe telling her NOT to become a monster? Wow... how different they turned out just because of that.

I am so extremely glad that it wasn't Tenma who shot Johan, I would've been devastated. And I am even gladder that he went to operate on Johan again. Even Lunge and Nina agree with that. It's just who Tenma is. A doctor and a savior.

It's not like they're gonna let Johan walk carefree after what he has done.

Might be my slow brain but I'm still kinda confused on why Johan insisted for Tenma to shoot him.

Drunk dad did what any parent would do there.

Can't imagine what can be said for the final episode, but I'm already feeling like this show deserves a perfect rating.

Jan 29, 2023 3:16 PM
Oct 2019
WHAT!?

I don't get anything right now.
Okay. So first the showdown just happened. Herbert Kanupt did actually shoot Johan because he wanted to save his son Wim. Bonaparta died because of Roberto and Roberto died and Roberto died by blood loss and that's because of Lunge.

The situation after the crime scene in Ruhenheim was actually kinda more relaxed than the last ten episodes haha.
But now there's this last scene of the episode where Tenma actually wants to rescue Johan with another operation. That truly doesn't make any sense. But of course we don't know any backstory before this scene appears.
Feb 23, 2023 7:12 AM
Sep 2007
So it's almost end. Went quicker than I thought.

Johan shot again, this time by random drunk instead of Tenma as planned. The rescuers need neurosurgeon to save Johan, so yep, here we go again.
Feb 26, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2021
Oh christ, not this again. I invested 20+ hours of my time for this? After everything Johann has done, Tenma is still willing to save him? Moral lessons be damned.

Gonna drop this show from 10/10 to 8
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2023 4:42 PM
Jun 2017
It was amazing, I LOVE THE PARALLELISM
Mar 11, 2023 6:58 AM

May 2017
I have no words to say how much I hate this ending LOL I'm so surprised I came here and everyone is so pleased
Mar 11, 2023 10:29 PM
Jan 2023
If Tenma saves Johan this anime is ridiculous, no protagonist is this ridiculouly righteous. This ending might be a huge fumble on an amazing anime.
Apr 8, 2023 4:22 PM
Jan 2019
I have just finished watching Monster, but I have to say that episode 73 was extremely frustrating. I was frustrated enough by Grimmer's death, but ok, at least Grimmer was able to have the genuine feeling of sadness like a human being. At least he become a normal being again, poor guy, after being deformed by those monsters at Kinderheim 511.

First of all, fu****g Roberto didn't even get a proper death that he deserved. Roberto should have be beaten and got shot like 10 times at least, including on his disgusting face. And the only man who had the guts to possibily do it, i.e. Inspector Lunge, didn't. That's just infuriating! The anime makes you hate Roberto, Johan an many others, so you naturally expect to "get free" of some of this hatred, but you simply don't. Roberto's death was so, so, so frustrating!

Also, Franz Bonaparta / Klaus Popper should not have been killed by Roberto in such a ridiculous way. Bonapart should have paid for his crimes! He did NOT repent of his crimes. He understood that what he had done is evil, and he stopped doing it, but he never confessed his crimes! Moreover, if he had repented, he should have dedicated his life to improve the lives of those who had hurt. He should have put money to help all those victims, like Grimmer, but he never did it! Bonaparta is a fu****g coward who should have been killed by Dr Tenma, or by Johan, or at least should be in jail for the rest of his life. But no, he was just shot by Roberto. That, again, is infuriating!

I think I don't need to mention how annoying was to watch Dr Tenma hesitant in shoting Johan, even when he had a gun pointed to Wim, right?

Man, that was probably the most annoying episode of an anime I have watched in my whole life! And I'm 35 years old, so it means something.
Apr 9, 2023 1:17 AM

Aug 2019
What in the world is Roberto made of? Dude keeps reviving every episode.

I was frightened that Lunge was dead, thankfully he survived as well.

Once again, Tenma is going to save Johan.

Tbh, he doesn’t deserve to be saved after all the evil atrocities he has committed.
Jun 23, 2023 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
The final standoff for what is Johan's masterpiece is the culmination of his efforts to plan this perfect suicide. All he had to do next is get killed by the hands that has brought the monster back to life a decade ago, by Tenma.

From Johan's perspective, understanding the journey Tenma has gone through since he last met Johan, Tenma has definitely realized that not all lives are equal and the only equality all humans share is their eventual deaths. From that understanding, there is little to stop Tenma from shooting and killing Johan, which is what Johan hoped would happen, which is also precisely why Johan felt desperate for that scenario to happen when there are more and more obstacles to stop that from happening. The arrival of Anna, forgiving Johan and urging Tenma to not shoot, and Tenma's own hesitation, all forced Johan to finally go outside the calculations he has made. When he was threatening to shoot Wim, the face he's making is one of sheer anxious desperation.

Alas, Johan's wishes never came to be. He was shot right in the head, but not by the man he wanted to be killed. And instead by an element so random, so unpredictable that it goes outside and beyond the realms of expectations and possibilities that Johan has calculated within his grand scheme. A plan that has taken many years to converse in this last final standoff, foiled by the unpredictability of a wildcard made only possible because of the gun given to him from Johan's earlier plan. Shot by a random drunkard who is trying to save his son.

Even the Monster that has manipulated the entire course of the story cannot expect and foresee such an incalculable entity to be the one to end it all. 
Ultimately Tenma didn't shoot JKohan as Johan wished it to be but is instead one to resurrect him once again, for the 2nd time. 

Jul 24, 2023 3:23 AM

Oct 2011
i had a feeling tenma was going to save johan
Aug 8, 2023 2:36 AM
May 2017
I didn't liked this ending. Because I wanted to finally see Tenma shoot someone but even then writer decide not too. It was stupid because now the writer is pulling non-sense philosophy. Nina may forgive him but it won't change all the atrocities committed by him.
Aug 26, 2023 11:47 PM

Nov 2020
When Roberto shot Bonaparte, I thought Runge was dead.

When I saw he was fine, I popped off.
Aug 27, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2020
Crack said:
Are you fucking kidding me anime? How does a single episode get so much wrong so suddenly? The main villain who we've just spectating wandering around with the main characters the last several episodes, foreshadowed for the longest time, turns out to be not such a bad guy? Give me a break. Roberto's bullshit teleporting and immortality comes back again, I mean, everyone in this show literally does, even that abusive dad walks at the right time just so this show can rub its themes in your face one more time. And as contrived as it already is, why's fucking Runge the one to suggest saving Johan? Why don't we ask our empty shell of a protagonist? No better way to insult me after investing hours into this shit

yeah didn't like this episode also
Aug 27, 2023 10:17 AM

Jan 2020
fxa88 said:
I have just finished watching Monster, but I have to say that episode 73 was extremely frustrating. I was frustrated enough by Grimmer's death, but ok, at least Grimmer was able to have the genuine feeling of sadness like a human being. At least he become a normal being again, poor guy, after being deformed by those monsters at Kinderheim 511.

First of all, fu****g Roberto didn't even get a proper death that he deserved. Roberto should have be beaten and got shot like 10 times at least, including on his disgusting face. And the only man who had the guts to possibily do it, i.e. Inspector Lunge, didn't. That's just infuriating! The anime makes you hate Roberto, Johan an many others, so you naturally expect to "get free" of some of this hatred, but you simply don't. Roberto's death was so, so, so frustrating!

Also, Franz Bonaparta / Klaus Popper should not have been killed by Roberto in such a ridiculous way. Bonapart should have paid for his crimes! He did NOT repent of his crimes. He understood that what he had done is evil, and he stopped doing it, but he never confessed his crimes! Moreover, if he had repented, he should have dedicated his life to improve the lives of those who had hurt. He should have put money to help all those victims, like Grimmer, but he never did it! Bonaparta is a fu****g coward who should have been killed by Dr Tenma, or by Johan, or at least should be in jail for the rest of his life. But no, he was just shot by Roberto. That, again, is infuriating!

I think I don't need to mention how annoying was to watch Dr Tenma hesitant in shoting Johan, even when he had a gun pointed to Wim, right?

Man, that was probably the most annoying episode of an anime I have watched in my whole life! And I'm 35 years old, so it means something.
as above, yeah. kinda ridiculous. guy killed hundreds but noo killing him will be bad lol Seems like the cringe and edgy batman quote about "if you kill a killer the number stays the same". There should be 0 hesitation in shooting Johan at this point
Sep 6, 2023 12:57 PM

Apr 2022
I love Anna's mindset of wanting to forgive Johan, dgaf if that's cliche or something I want to see twins hugging eachother.

Oct 17, 2023 1:47 AM
Sep 2021
i am genuinely speechless, Johan just appearing like that bruhhhhh..
Nov 7, 2023 12:14 PM
Apr 2022
Tenma meets the last toughest task and it's E P I C
Jan 10, 10:17 AM
Oct 2020
"I want to forgive him". Yeah, I hope that word of forgiveness can bring back the lives of the people Johan killed.
Mar 31, 5:31 AM
Apr 2014
I cannot put into words how much I hate the current course of events.

At this point I'm just praying Nina and Tenma survive this somehow to make the best of a bad situation. At least Lunge turned out to be a decent person in the end. Sucks that he lost his private life due to his obsession with Tenma.

Rizsen said:
"I want to forgive him". Yeah, I hope that word of forgiveness can bring back the lives of the people Johan killed.

Honestly it's insane. I don't even know what Nina wants to forgive. When Johan killed their adoptive parents? When he did it again to her parents 10 years later? When he killed their mother (unsure if that happened but I seriously thought we would see her in Prague and we didnt, followed by this monologue of Nina in the hut that indicated something happened to their mother when she was at the mansion)? Or all the other shit he has done in recent time? Not even one of these would qualify to be forgiven. Especially not considering his attitude and I'm glad the story didnt go like "Johan broke into tears when Anna finally forgave him".
NanashiMar 31, 5:38 AM
Apr 4, 6:26 AM

Dec 2022
Fudgin fudge??!!? Wim's dad being the one who shot Johan was the least of the least I expect. Looks like we're back to square one lol with deciding to save Johan or not. Wonder how the final episode of this long series is going to conclude.

May 6, 6:45 PM
Feb 2018
Best thing that ever aired on TV.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

201 by tectacles »»
May 1, 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.