Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2015 1:33 AM

Jun 2013
While Grimmer and Lunge went badass, Tenma and his pacifism seemed out of place. I wouldn't be surprised if Tenma failed to help Lunge.
Feb 6, 2015 1:12 AM

Nov 2013
God-tier. This episode was a fucking masterpiece.

I almost never cry but goddamn Grimmer's death hit me really hard. I don't think I've ever cried so much over an anime character dying before.

Best episode in Monster for sure and one of the best episodes I've ever seen in an anime.

[b]∞/10[/b]

Feb 24, 2015 5:03 PM

Mar 2013
Oh man, That was so sad. Now Grimmer will not be able to do picnic with Tenma and he will not be able to drink beers with Lunge. i will miss him :(

i hate when good people die.
Apr 4, 2015 6:38 AM
Nov 2014
So my favourite character dies just like that....... I'm deeply upset by Grimmer's death :((

Haven't cried this much before but goddamnit... this episode was extremely painful to take.
VirginAmirulSep 8, 2015 2:22 AM
Apr 13, 2015 11:59 PM
Aug 2014
WHY??? I balled my eyes out, RIP GRIMMER
Apr 27, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2014
NO! Not Grimmer... I liked him a lot...
Farewell, Magnificent Steiner. You shall be missed.

At least Lunge being Batman makes up for it slightly.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 3, 2015 12:18 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shit, this is the best episode so far. Lunge finally meets Tenma again! Lunge is such a cool character, but he only shows up sporadically so I was afraid they wouldn't have a proper meeting. I think he deserved a little more screen time, it was always great to see him trying to put himself in Tenma's shoes and speaking as if he were Japanese.

Grimmer's death was pretty touching. I wasn't expecting a moment like that, but they handled it extremely well. You can't help feeling sad for him.
May 6, 2015 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
No way... I don't want to end like this ;_;
May 20, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
Farewell Wolfgang Grimmer. Salute.

You shall be remembered. As we tell our kids about the tale of the magnificent Steiner.

Farewell Wolfgang.

5/5. Cried.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 26, 2015 9:42 AM

Feb 2014
Runge "I'm sorry" part was great

RIP Grimmer
Jul 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2013
Long awaited Lunge/Tenma scene.
Another 'important' memory from Nina, hmm
Tenma finally arrives but he has to baby sit the boulangerie girl (at least for a bit).
Lunge, like Eva, knows how to do WORK. That's how you use a gun Tenma!
How are they firing from like everywhere.
Do not annoy Mr Grimmer.
Nina and Rudy arrived, perhaps they should have called the police before instead of after they arrived.
That Mr Grimmer scene though, nice, but I felt that there would have been another way in previous episodes. It feels like they had to have at least one major character... meanwhile Roberto exists for the single reason to annoy the viewers, and kill mindlessly, just disgusting.
Aug 30, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
nooo Grimmer

5/5
Sep 5, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2012
noooooo grimmer-san nooooo
Sep 9, 2015 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
Noooo not Grimmer ;_;
Sep 28, 2015 12:42 PM
Sep 2015
This was so sad...
Oct 3, 2015 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
I'm still crying...Why Grimmer T-T
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 3, 2015 5:22 PM

Sep 2015
Why? Just why?
One of the best characters I've seen in a awhile and now he's dead.
I actually shed a few tears...

Keep on smiling Grimmer...
Keep on smiling...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2016 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
Grimmer.... Noooooo... I knew it, but I was really hoping I was wrong. Grimmer had a ton of death flags. So does Lunge/Runge, but I feel like he'll make it. It'll help prove Johan's existence for someone like him to testify. But still... Grimmer. I really didn't want him to die. He's become my favorite character. TT_TT I actually shed tears for him.

Grimmer crying is so painful though.... But I'm glad he ended with a genuine display of emotion. I'm at least glad that he died semi-peacefully.

SickeninglySweet said:
Grimmer was hella setting up death flags so I already expected it but it still made me cry...why the hell did Tenma not even try and help, he just stood there as Grimmer made his fantastic last speech....messed up...

Well, yeah. The reason Tenma didn't help him is cause when he said he was fine or whatever, he really meant that he wasn't going to make it. He just didn't want to make it obvious for the kid and whatnot. He wanted to be positive, but he knew he was going to die. By telling Tenma that he was okay, he made it clear that it's too late for any treatment that he could provide in those circumstances.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 26, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
"In the end, i'm sure he became human".
The fall of an icon.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 7, 2016 10:01 PM
Mar 2016
When Grimmer said he was crying for his son I lost it. The goddam dam broke.

Also, very classy gesture from Lunge.

It was interesting to see how Lunge changed. Seems like a warm/relaxed/likable guy, instead of a ruthless guy with questionable methods.
May 23, 2016 10:26 PM
May 2016
This episode made me fall in love with Inspector Lunge. I want to see him succeed so bad!
Jun 9, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2013
Lunge apologized!!!
Grimmer crying was too sad......
Bonaparta is annoying me a lot, how the fuck did he turn from the monster loving freak to such a pathetic old man.
Jun 18, 2016 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
I wanted to see the Magnificent Steiner in action, but ok. It wouldn't have lived up to the hype anyway.
RIP my boi Grimmer, Eva should have died instead of you.
Jul 6, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Grimmer and Sausage Girl :'(

Man the emotions are real here really made my eyes glassy Sausage Girl was smiling she mustered up the courage to go to the hotel and they just picked her off :'( and then tears fell as Grimmer shed his.

Rest Grimmer you were the best of all of us.

Also, major points to Lunge for saying sorry and now he's about to go all badass on Roberto. Take him out Inspector!

P.S. I don't want anyone to die not even Eva. I didn't like her at first in fact I down right hated her but those feelings soon turned to pity and then sadness for what she has gone through as well. She's much different from the Eva at the start so I don't want her to die but opinions :')

Jul 22, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
Grimmer is for me the best supporting character ever.
RiP Grimmer-san.
Excellent Episode, even though i wanted them to show us how Grimmer did beat them.
Aug 5, 2016 11:21 AM
Dec 2014
I hope Lunge won't die like Grimmer.
Oct 25, 2016 11:49 AM

Jan 2016
NOOOOO HOW THE FUCK THEY KILL GRIMMER AND LET EVA LIVE!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Nov 3, 2016 8:48 PM

Apr 2014
rip

(Roberto is like a cockroach)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2016 4:26 PM

Jan 2016
This episode was messed up i'm seriously upset about grimmer's death. i was worried he would die when he first got shot and i'm like honest-to-god crying. i think what got me though was the music which played in that scene reminded me of the wildebeest scene in the lion king lmao. that apology from lunge almost made up for his death tho! gotta love that character development.
im apollo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they/them pls
Dec 15, 2016 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
Grimmer was such a great character T_T
Dec 23, 2016 6:25 AM

May 2016
Grimmer San RIP My Hero
I can't help it not to cry when a good character like Grimmer dies , I never thought that he would die T_T , that bastard Franz bonaparta should have died instead of him (┛`д´)┛.
At least Lunge apologized to Tenma finnaly that bastard sure know's how to hold a gun
Feb 4, 2017 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
rip grimmer :(
what an absolutely amazing character..
Mar 9, 2017 10:38 PM

Feb 2017
This episode was just so perfect. The soundtrack, the setting, all the characters and his dialogues made it a really masterpiece.

There's only 3 episodes left and I can't wait to see what happens. I really hope it to be a happy end for Tenma, Nina, Lunge, Dieter and the rest

Grimmer you will never been forgotten best support character EVER
May 12, 2017 1:11 PM
Jan 2017
There were so many great moments in this episode!
Loved the part where Lunge acknowledged Tenma and was man enough to silently he's sorry!
But I teared up over Grimmer!
One of the best characters in the show no doubt!
He was magnificent till the very end and I liked the shit out of him.
Just can't believe he died!!
May 12, 2017 1:13 PM
Jan 2017
Animated_Amateur said:
Grimmer and Sausage Girl :'(

Man the emotions are real here really made my eyes glassy Sausage Girl was smiling she mustered up the courage to go to the hotel and they just picked her off :'( and then tears fell as Grimmer shed his.

Rest Grimmer you were the best of all of us.

Also, major points to Lunge for saying sorry and now he's about to go all badass on Roberto. Take him out Inspector!

P.S. I don't want anyone to die not even Eva. I didn't like her at first in fact I down right hated her but those feelings soon turned to pity and then sadness for what she has gone through as well. She's much different from the Eva at the start so I don't want her to die but opinions :')
Yep Grimmer was definitely on of the best of the show!
And he will be missed but never forgotten :'(
May 12, 2017 1:15 PM
Jan 2017
ichbixs said:
This episode was just so perfect. The soundtrack, the setting, all the characters and his dialogues made it a really masterpiece.

There's only 3 episodes left and I can't wait to see what happens. I really hope it to be a happy end for Tenma, Nina, Lunge, Dieter and the rest

Grimmer you will never been forgotten best support character EVER
Grimmer was just about the only character I didn't want to see die!
One of my favourites of the show, the dude was just Magnificent and magnificent till the end!
Jun 16, 2017 12:41 PM

May 2015
It takes cojones to tell the person that you have cause so much grief that you are sorry... acknowledging his mistake. Lunge is a BAMF!

Man, as soon as the girl that Roberto took advantage started walking towards Grimmer I knew what was gonna happen to her nonetheless it was sad if only she just listened to Tenma she would have been ok (the others who listen to him are safe in the forest, escaping...) If only she would have been interested in Mr. Grimmer instead of that sleaze-ball of Roberto maybe, maybe she would not have suffered in her last moment…

Don’t know why but I hadn't felt this bad in a long time watching a chain of event (the town people getting murdered) character die, started tearing up. Grimmer was one of the best characters in the show. R.I.P. The Magnificent Steiner!
Roy_FockerJun 16, 2017 1:07 PM
Jun 19, 2017 2:25 AM

Oct 2012
Why would you do that?
Why?
Why?
Shoot unarmed girl?
Even stupid person won't do that

Now you're dead
Now my favorite character died

Screw you Roberto!
"Signature removed"
Jun 23, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2014
I am glad he was finally able to cry for his son. It's so sad that out of all the people who escaped 511 orphanage, The 16 year old serial killer kid, Johan, That apprentice, Grimmer was the only one who truly had enough strength to conquer his demons. He never given up. He was the first one in anime who was able to defeat​ his monster and gave hope to everyone.
I wanted to see Tenma and Grimmer having their picnic together.
Jul 17, 2017 5:56 PM

May 2016
Well crap. There was no way everyone was making it out alive and I guess Grimmer was one of the most likely to die, but still.

Damn I hope Lunge kills Roberto.
Shoot me a friend request on Nintendo systems (georgethecow) or Sony (discipledoctor)! Together we can make each other feel like we know people!
Jul 27, 2017 2:40 PM

Dec 2014
RIP Grimmer. Amazing character. I had a feeling he was going to die because of a faint memory of a spoiler. It was him after all D:
Now that's 1 of my 2 favorite characters gone... Lunge you better not die.
I liked the girl too.

Aug 17, 2017 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
R.I.P Wolfgang Grimmer's T_T
Nov 4, 2017 8:50 PM

Mar 2017
I really hope Lunge kicks some ass in these final episodes. He's easily my favourite character at this point. His apology to Tenma was quite a relief after all this time.

RIP Grimmer-San :'/
Jan 1, 2018 3:03 PM
Mar 2016
Has been quite a while that I last cried about a death in an anime.

Hands down one of the best written deaths I've ever seen in an anime or manga.
Feb 8, 2018 2:13 AM

Jan 2018
Quite the episode. I thought either Grimmer or Lunge might die (still hopeful Lunge survives) but wasn't expecting the emotional impact of it. Am leaning toward a 9/10 for this series but this particular episode was easily 10/10 all the way.
Mar 6, 2018 12:26 AM

Mar 2016
I knew he was going to die and I thought I wasn't going to cry...until he said that he felt sadness for his son dying. That's what made the tears form. It wasn't even him dying, just the fact that his emotions came back. The feels. Grimmer has been my favorite character in Monster, and this just made me love him even more. I'm so...
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Mar 23, 2018 5:10 PM
Dec 2017
What really made my tears wet first was lunge's apology to tenma after all these years.If only he had listened to him then tenma wouldnt have had to go through all this.
Wished some people could discard their ego like that.
So sad grimmer had to die even though he'd been suffering until now. Maaan you could easily notice his deep sadness in his fake smiles.
RIP....
May 12, 2018 1:58 PM

Mar 2018
BOOHOOOOO ...GRIMMER! I wanted to see him in his magnificent Steiner form.
May 13, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2018
It was funny how lunge was moving like a detective and being all cautious and quick because she always moved so slowly before and looked like a tortoise.
May 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
RIP Grimmer ;_;

This is getting really messy..
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.