Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 3, 2008 10:27 AM
Dec 2007
A lot of character and story development in this episode, and still the usual qualities that make Kure-nai the best series of this spring. I wanted to wait till the end of the series to rate it 10, but I'm forced to do it now ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 8, 2008 12:32 PM

Dec 2007
I think that's blade, but I am not sure. Houzuki is really interesting. I hope this is 24 or 26 episodes because I really loved it.
May 19, 2008 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
I think its going to be 13 episodes since its going to finish airing in mid June... T_T

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 16, 2008 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
The more 'plot' there is in Kure-nai the dumber it gets and the more I want to lower its score. It would have been better if Shinkuro just found the kid in the streets himself, and her backstory was more simple. That way you get more emotion out of the character bonding, than suffer this convoluted and ridiculous mess of a story. Look at the movie Leon for example, same template, but so simple, so good.

Summary of episode 4:

"They attacked an airport and kidnapped kids!!! Why? 'Cause they're evil, we dont need an actual reason, it just has to be really violent and tragic, stop asking me for it to make sense damnit!!! Same goes for the rest of this anime, I dont want any of it to be coherent ok!? Just look at the little girl, look at her, cute right? RIGHT!?"

You cant make one half of the anime 'mature' and 'complex' (rich family's traditions) while having the other half ridiculous and unrealistic (schoolkids handling criminal problems and acting as enforcers, lol), it just ends up as a jarring mix that ultimately results in: fail.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 24, 2008 7:37 PM
Oct 2007
Nice bone..
Jun 18, 2009 7:06 AM

May 2008
Loved it. Murasaki's attitude throughout was an enjoyable experience. She is becoming such a wonderful character.
Sep 4, 2009 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
Kinda weird, that blade arm bone thingy. Murasaki helping out in Shinkurou's room was nice, and the past elements that were revealed were especially nice. Benika is very badass to me now.
Jan 11, 2011 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
Beatnik said:

You cant make one half of the anime 'mature' and 'complex' (rich family's traditions) while having the other half ridiculous and unrealistic (schoolkids handling criminal problems and acting as enforcers, lol), it just ends up as a jarring mix that ultimately results in: fail.

Unfortunately , you're right.
Apr 1, 2011 4:50 AM

Feb 2009
Woah,a bone blade...eastern martial arts sure are something.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 15, 2011 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
windy said:
Mire said:
Hm, is it me.. or was the art sometimes a little weird/off/drawnbyapes in this episode? The animation was nice as always, for example when Murasaki shook her head.. but sometimes the line art (or arms, hair, etc.) really bothered me, especially in the first half of this 4th episode.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

I noticed it, too.

Huh... So he can pop out his bone, which is like a blade but is called a horn, from his elbow? I wonder how the Houzuki supposedly gave him that power...? And yeah, obviously Yuuno seems to know more about... well, everything than those around her realise.

Enjoyable episode, anyway. The "flashbacks" or memories of previous happenings did blend quite nicely with the flow of everything. It was consistently interesting and entertaining. :D
Aug 7, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
Getting more serious, I like! Cant wait until they go more in depth about Shinkurou's past. (that dream he had in one of the previous episodes) :D
May 8, 2013 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
CLU10123 said:
Murasaki's realization after the battle was very unrealistic, and it really stopped the momentum the episode was building up at the Yakuza's place. She really is a brat, and she always fucks up Shinkurou's plans. She's learning to conquer that though, which is nice.

She's 7. The way she talks and acts is completely unrealistic for a 7 year old. But, I accept that and am not bothered by that. This is an anime after all.

Anyways, I love this episode.
Jun 27, 2013 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
I dont get it.........the anime's synopsis says that Kurenai is a master of an arcane martial art and yet from the 1st episode, everyone keeps saying that Kurenai is still weak.

Then theres the scene in the bar which shows hes actually strong but afterwards he gets bullied by the yakuza, which i guess he was just pretending coz Murasaki is there and then, again they say hes still weak or "inexperienced".

Seems like the synopsis is either wrong or gives a really poor explanation or w.e.

Good episode though but what really pissed me off was when Yayoi kept blaming Kurenai in the car, like seriously? They dont tell him anything and yet when something like this happens, she completely blames him? REALLY made me wish someone would slap her or something.
Nov 4, 2013 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
AdolTheRed said:
I dont get it.........the anime's synopsis says that Kurenai is a master of an arcane martial art and yet from the 1st episode, everyone keeps saying that Kurenai is still weak.

Then theres the scene in the bar which shows hes actually strong but afterwards he gets bullied by the yakuza, which i guess he was just pretending coz Murasaki is there and then, again they say hes still weak or "inexperienced".

Seems like the synopsis is either wrong or gives a really poor explanation or w.e.

Good episode though but what really pissed me off was when Yayoi kept blaming Kurenai in the car, like seriously? They dont tell him anything and yet when something like this happens, she completely blames him? REALLY made me wish someone would slap her or something.

I agree, really dont get why kurenai was getting blamed when he doesnt know anything about the job and gets blamed
Nov 6, 2013 9:54 PM
Aug 2011
This turned even more weird.
I came into this thinking it was just going to be a high school boy taking care of a little girl who acts more her age.
Guess not everything can be Usagi Drop (the anime).

Beatnik said:
The more 'plot' there is in Kure-nai the dumber it gets and the more I want to lower its score. It would have been better if Shinkuro just found the kid in the streets himself, and her backstory was more simple. That way you get more emotion out of the character bonding, than suffer this convoluted and ridiculous mess of a story.

I know this is from '08 but I always enjoy reading your comments when I do find then in any episode discussion.
Jan 11, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2012
Some interesting backstory and lovely development, so let's see what's next!
Sep 18, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
Is it just me or Kurenai is fucking useless when it matters? like wtf dude you beat up 3 guys in a bar last time what's stopping you to do the same with that fat fucker? what? because Murasaki will see? yeah yeah. He wanted to see Murasaki to get hurt first before he will act.. that's cool as for me I would've beated those fuckers the moment I was attacked in the elevator... why? because it's pretty much obvious that they will hurt me and Murasaki and I wouldn't wait for that to happen.

Yayoi is right this dude has a loose screw. If he beat those bastards before Murasaki got hurt then he wouldn't have to loose his sanity and kill those men. I don't understand why this happens a lot in anime.. you know acting all wimpy and shit and waiting for something terrible to happen to you or to your friends before you can act and beat the enemy when you could've kicked their asses right from the start. Well it would be a different story if he really can't do anything unless he's in that state where he's like possessed and have dead fish eyes and bones coming out of his body and shit but that's highly unlikely because, like he said, he trained! for 8 fucking years! 8!
Jun 28, 2015 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
Just fire Shinkurou he's an incompetent bastard. Murasaki could've avoided getting hurt if he had just beaten up the fat guy earlier and we know for a fact he can do that.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 25, 2015 10:40 PM

Apr 2009
Shinkurou is the new version of wolverine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2017 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
That looks painful, damn.
Those bastards hit Murasaki and they are still alive, this world is too unfair!
Wow, Shinkurou had an awful childhood.
Feb 25, 1:20 AM

May 2021
This show here proves that ultimate male japanese fantasy is to be constantly kicked in the balls, berated and humiliated as much as possible. But of course they sell this as a great thing and soon after because of his suffering he attracts a harem of all willing females, except he is still incapable of recognizing and taking action.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zvuc - Jun 20, 2008

164 by AngelsArcanum »»
Feb 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteveKeys - May 29, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
Jun 17, 2022 2:53 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

82 by towelgirl21 »»
Dec 14, 2021 2:20 AM

» Protagonist sucked

Blackmanjones6 - Oct 15, 2021

2 by Blackmanjones6 »»
Oct 28, 2021 4:37 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Apr 10, 2008

96 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.