Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 10, 2014 8:16 AM

Oct 2014
Oh man, this is crazy!
Can't wait to see what happens in Ruhenheim.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Feb 23, 2015 5:09 PM

Mar 2013
Both Johan and Anna have very sad memories. it will be difficult to see Johan's death. it will be have very much drama.
Apr 4, 2015 1:46 AM
Nov 2014
Johan you brilliant, I never saw that coming lol.
Apr 26, 2015 3:21 AM

May 2014
So Johan crossdressed ever since he was a kid.... wow.

Great episode. 5/5

Amazing plot twist. Never expected Nina to be the one who was going to be brought up as the next Hitler, not to mention that Johan was mistaken all throughout the show.

Looks like Grimmer and Lunge are making a comeback next time.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 26, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Wow.

5/5
Sep 8, 2015 10:06 PM

Dec 2013
Even as a child Johan he was an excellent cross dresser XD
Sep 28, 2015 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
Great episode.
Jun 9, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2013
Johan did everything because Nina told him what happened at the mansion?
I don't think that's right, it seems that he has a memory that she doesn't have.
Jul 20, 2016 4:51 AM

Aug 2014
These two episodes were amazing, so Anna was the one that did all those killings back then? Interesting stuff.
Excellent Episode.
Aug 18, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2008
why is tenma saying stuff like "where would i go without you" to nina? their relationship doesn't feel like that.

i'm surprised people didn't figure out johan was crossdressing back as a kid as well. just seemed obvious especially since they showed that scene so many times.
Oct 25, 2016 9:33 AM

Jan 2016
WHAT Johan never lived it? smh and all this time i thought he was a real nigga
Feb 1, 2017 3:57 PM
Feb 2015
well that was something predictable in my opinion and Lunge finally
Jun 15, 2017 9:47 PM

May 2015
Peter Čapek got Karma you would not be missed!

So Johan was created but the creator even if Bonaparta has a major role in this was Nina because she told him what she went through in the Red Rose Mansion… but since the scene when she was visiting the three frog building with Dieter were foreshadowing her witnessing that, I wasn’t surprised by this… the thing that was unexpected and was a surprise for me was that she was the main test subject(?) of Bonaparta but in a collateral damage (she telling her story to Johan) Johan became the monster… ~ Mindf*ck ~

On a side note:
"That" memory who Johan only knows is still a mystery... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stand said:
So essentially it's Nina's "fault". Well that was interesting.

Though i'm not sure I understand why little Johan was crossdressing.

Runge's here!
+1
Jun 19, 2017 12:44 AM

Oct 2012
Well I mean I figured out about Johan dressed as his sister long time ago
Just didn't expect that Anna/Nina is the one that experienced that dreadful experience

Looks like Lunge found Frank Bonaparta's town?
"Signature removed"
Nov 3, 2017 12:20 AM

Mar 2017
Oh yes. Lunge is back. This gon' be good.

All the pieces of this puzzle are finally coming together.
May 12, 2018 10:54 AM

Mar 2018
Woah I did not expect that guy to be shot like that.
Jan 3, 2019 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
So Johan was influenced by Annas memories after all, the build up and reveals in this show are insanely good.

And everyone that knows of Johan is dying or will die, like in the picture book.

Lunge is back and in Ruhenheim, is that the stage for the big finale ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2019 9:23 AM
Apr 2016
So, Anna didn't manage to shoot at Johan... Anna's & Johan's memory seems to be clear now, we got it all now... Capek died, glad he did, he deserved it. Good episode.
Mar 15, 2019 11:53 AM
Oct 2017
Who else wants to see Ninma? (Tenma and Nina) xd
I mean I would hate to see Tenma going back with Eva in any case, and Tenma going out with Nina would be nice, like a cool 'fuck you' to others, but I want to see them happpy, I mean yeah there is an age gap but I would like to see how things would work. It would be actually pretty cool in my opinion.

My other comments are the same as yours guys, why would Johan become a psycho because he heard a story? And the experiment didn't even seem the one that brainwashed him, the kid in the mansion only got sensory depravation in a black room, so it doesn't make sense, but I think that you guys might be interpreting it wrong, remember that the key is Kinderheim 511, not the Red Rose Mansion, perhaps he decided to save her when he heard the story so he took her place in Kinderheim? I'm not quite sure but I regardind that I think we are directing to something lame. :/

Of course nobody shoot Johan, but I'm not hoping him to be killed now, he might be the victim or who knows, Franz Bonaparta is the one to search and the one who I will spilt my anger with. I would have liked to see Nina at least shooting Johan in a leg or a shoulder to immobilize him but eh, what gives now, I know how stupid Tenma and Nina are.

I expect the twist to be different, like revealing that Nina is the one who has been killing their parents and that Johan has been covering her even when that means being hated by her, still, I don't think that's how it is, we know Johan kills with cold blood, he just did in this episode, he is the psycho.

And yeah is always neat seeing Lunge being badass, I thought it was super cool when he totally forgot about Tenma and started to focus his attention in Johan and Franz Bonaparta, he didn't even care when he got arrested, he is going to discover the truth before everyone.

I'm waiting for a pretty big plot twist, like a very, very big one, after all this episodes, I hope there is something that changes the whole story, it wouldn't have been worth all of it if there isn't.
PhixiatelyMar 15, 2019 11:57 AM
Jun 11, 2019 7:35 PM
Apr 2018
I lost a bit of respect for Johan.
Nov 20, 2019 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
why was Johan dressed as a girl in his childhood?

What is that room without walls?

Why was a little child made to witness mass deaths?

Why did Johan kill that strange dude at the end? Who is that strange man?

Why did Tenma say "what will happen of me if you die" to Nina?

Where did Nina fire her gun in previous episode?

Will my innumerable doubts be clarified or should I watch this series once again? :p
Nov 22, 2019 7:04 AM

Dec 2018
It seems Eva is needed to shoot Johan or else this never ending cycle of hesitating to shoot keeps going on and on.

So based on the picture book Johan is going to devour the other "Monster", which I guess it's between Nina or Bonaparta.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Mar 14, 2020 10:06 AM

Dec 2019
Good episode we learned the memories of nina after all this time, but i wonder who was that guy that johan shot at the end? O_o
                                                         🖤   

May 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Aug 2015
a. What was the point of going to that destroyed Mansion? Even the apprentice knew the place so it must've been important right? Chapek also knew Johan was there. It wasn't explained at all...

b. Who's the guy killed at the end? I hope they at least explain who the hell he was.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Jul 18, 2020 2:34 PM
Jul 2013
Nina failed. We could see that coming.
Yay, Lunge finally catching up.
Is that The Magnificient Steiner in the preview?
Nov 22, 2020 10:26 PM

Aug 2018
Johan is a little more creepier and messed up than I have thought, but I guess it all fits his character
Nov 28, 2020 8:28 AM

Mar 2014
I had a hunch that the one who said welcome home was Johan and not Nina, but damn. I didn't expect her to be the one who went to Red Rose Mansion. That was a great twist. Part of why the 'monster' was created was not because Johan had direct experience with the Red Rose Mansion, but because he internalized everything Anna told him. I still need some things to be pieced together, so I'm looking forward to the next episodes to complete the twins' backstory.
Dec 24, 2020 9:51 PM

Jul 2020
Bruh, all of this is insane. Lunge finally doing something after sixty-something episodes lmao.
Mar 5, 2021 1:52 AM

Jun 2020
Wow. Just when it seemed that Johan's motives were starting to make sense, he gets a new one
Mar 27, 2021 9:47 PM

Jan 2016
I hope we get to see this memory. Also, how will they resolve Lunge's character arc with 7 eps left?
Jun 20, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2020
It's sad seeing the state of anna after all this. I'm not surprised johan is still alive and all since there's still some episodes left.

Jun 25, 2021 6:35 PM

Jul 2020
Johan took the bad memories of anna and he made them he experienced it himself. That was fucking sad. Capek dead and Lunge's back let's fucking go
Jun 30, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2021
WoW, this one is the best episode!!
Jul 31, 2021 7:25 PM

Dec 2018
johan probably internalized the memories into himself so that his sister could forget and he could shoulder the burden
don't know who mr. random was but F i guess
Sep 17, 2021 2:38 AM

Mar 2021
white haired guy got killed yay

nina failed? johan escaped?

and lunge appeared again after a while
Sep 21, 2021 4:45 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode.

Johan has mastered the crossdressing since he was a child hahaha

RIP Peter Capek

Grimmer and Lunge are back in next episode!
🐐

Oct 14, 2021 3:20 AM

Jul 2015
Johan is an even stranger kid than I thought with him not only crossdressing as his sister but also taking her memories as his own. I wonder what his new plan is (or even his old plan) now that he has woken up to the truth and also what his unique memory is

Dec 1, 2021 10:26 AM
Nov 2020
I swear half of Nina’s screen time is her just violently screaming.
Jan 22, 2022 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
"What the fuck is this mess of POVs?" - The Episode.

So Johan became the Monster he is now because he somehow internalized Anna's experiences at the Red Rose Mansion as if they were his own... wait, what?

And... yeah. Not gonna lie, I totally missed the point of little Johan crossdressing to welcome Anna.
Feb 12, 2022 10:09 AM

Jan 2021
It was kind if obvious but Johan dressing up as Nina the only thing that did was confuse us to making us believe that Nina was the one the one that greeted Johan when in actuality it was Johan who greeted Nina from the red rose mansion but why does Johan think that Nina’s memories are his can’t wait for everything to connect
Feb 19, 2022 3:12 AM
Jun 2016
SickeninglySweet said:
plus his sentence to Nina was creepy

Oh great, now i have to deal with Runge coming back...he better be useful or gtfo cause i can't handle anymore annoying main characters, side character, 2 sec introduction characters, or any of them nemore

Just tell me what happened to their momma and lets end this already...

Exactly, all of this!!!!
Seriously, what's up with Tenma begging Nina to live like that? Was that a hint, like, is he interested in Nina romantically? That's creepy af dude.
Also, Monster has pacing issues. Badly. Everything happens SO SLOW. We see the same things over and over, it almost feels like producers do not have faith in viewers' ability to understand. Like, I get it, dude. Nina was the one that saw all that shit. I get it. I really do.
It takes away from the surprise/plot twist element when you guys go over it, AGAIN and AGAIN, to make a point.
Mar 3, 2022 4:04 PM

May 2018
Is it just me who is confused as fuck? There are too many questions but too little answers.
Apr 6, 2022 12:38 AM

Jun 2020
ok ill bite. these past few episodes have been nothing but characters speaking metaphors. johan and nina sound like broken record players sheesh, its so frustrating and ridiculous to hear them repeat the same baseless philosophical bs.

this may be a suspense building tactic but goddamn is it an annoying one. from where the show is at this point it seems like 70+ episodes are completely unnecessary for its conclusion.

i really hope im wrong, and the mcs stop talking in tongues and answer our questions. i spent a lot of time on this show ill be real pissed if the 35 hours of suspense building wasnt worth it
May 24, 2022 12:19 PM

Feb 2021
^ Yeah, people talking about killing and shit and Johan being pretentious as always. I was undeniably invested in the beginning even if it did start off shaky. Now I couldn't less of a damn about if the story's even progressing at all with each mediocre plot point to the next
Aug 14, 2022 2:15 PM

May 2020
So many questions spinning around in my brain. What does Johan truly want? He's clearly only going along with the dictatorship plot to get close to Bonaparta. Is it just to get revenge for his family? That leaves so many questions unanswered. Not sure what to think right now.
Aug 19, 2022 3:57 PM

Mar 2022
We're getting to the climax. Except for slow pace, this anime was so great this far. I hope it has also a good final.
Jan 15, 2023 2:59 PM
Nov 2020
Honestly dont understand whats going on but this isn't how I thought it would play out.
Jan 26, 2023 5:58 AM

Mar 2021
Johan literally identified with Anna's traumatic memories? That's just nuts. I could see why she thinks all of this is her fault.

Got confirmation that it wasn't Johan who poisoned all those people in the Red Rose Mansion.

Glad to see Lunge again, looks like he's at the endpoint!
AbsoluteCinemaJan 26, 2023 6:02 AM

Jan 27, 2023 7:10 AM
Oct 2019
Bloody Hell. What is going on?

So Anna experienced the real bad things in the rose mansion. She was the person who said "I'm back" in the Three Frogs and Johan was the person who said "Welcome back".
But is this the truth for real? I don't know, they could both be.

Capek is dead now. Well I don't really know who shot him. Either the police or guys in the mission of Johan.

Johan, this psychopath shot another contract killer and I don't have a clue what he plans now.
Well what I know is that the final arc of Monster takes place at Ruhenheim. And Lunge becomes an important character again right there.
Mar 18, 2023 12:49 PM
May 2020
This is actually amazing. This perfectly aligns with that story that the 2 monsters are 1. Plot twist was actually unforeseeable though like there were hints but they were so subtle they just led to confusion. I've noticed this trend and I love this. Everything about Franz bonaparta and the mansion just had me so confused but after a lot of this, it was finally revealed, a catharsis would be a word to describe my current state. However Im still a bit confused, what actually is Johan's motive by taking all Nina's experiences and killing everyone. However the highlight of this ep goes to lunge. He's like that one movie character trope that is just there to be funny and clumsy but somehow progresses the plot, best example is the squirrel from ice age. The writing in this is beautiful, can't wait for everything to finally end.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.