Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 11, 2010 12:06 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I could not follow the story at all, and what was the LHC doing there? LOL

But still it was an OK episode. I'm not sure how they will end this, but I'm guessing that there might be a second season. If not it is going to be a crappy ending, with a lot of questions unanswered.
ClementIVJun 11, 2010 1:19 PM
Jun 11, 2010 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
A second season would be great, but who knows = 3=
Jun 11, 2010 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
man... they just shoot out chunks of the story like a shotgun don't they LOL. I just have to echo what's been said already in previous ep posts... I like it, but woulda been nice as a 24 instead so everything would be clearer.
Jun 11, 2010 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, guys, we're not getting 24. We've gotta live with it.

-Blonde Keena made me go "WHAAAAAAAAAAA..." before I realized that it was a different person.

-Complete action episode today. Riri has Luffy powers! That was completely all I needed to make this episode great. Junko was awesome, Eiko was pretty cool too. But all I cared about was that Korone finally showed up which was just taking too long. Oh, and apparently Akuto can lift up a battleship...WiTH HIS BARE HANDS (and mana)

-And at least there's an explanation as to why Hiroshi just so happened to have an anti-demon lord mode. Booichirou made it.

(Also, Brave is giving me too many Suzaku in R2 vibes. Which is not a good thing)
Jun 11, 2010 1:29 PM

Oct 2008
Wait so power ranger brave betrays all of his friend, including knowingly helping some evil guy kidnap one of them, all so the evil guy teleports his girlfriend away? I don't get it. I don't think he was smart enough to notice that his girlfriend is still affected by the monster blood and he could have just saved her on his own, so why betray everyone? I am asking too much i guess though as he has really had no depth or progression throughout the entire series.

I also didn't really get Sai's comments about why he was going after keena. Horriblesubs translates it as "Because she'll rid me of my story." It is pretty clear by his comments about taking care of junko that he isn't going to abandon the harem so suddenly changing the mood to point to him only being interested in keena makes no sense. Unless he is just making clear to Fujiko that he is not interested in her which would kind of make sense since she had very little screen time and was the only love interest which actually wanted him to be evil.

I agree it would have been better in 24 episodes paced better. The whole thing about the blonde guy being a time traveler and seeking revenge because the demon lord stole the girl he liked just came out of nowhere.
Jun 11, 2010 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
I liked the student council battles, even though the Pres' rubber hand attacks were unexpected. As were the appearences of certain robots. And liquid nitrogen. And a bunch of other random events. At least Junko drew the sword with the power of love in the end, earning her moment to (literally) shine. Though predictable, the central theme of the show is that you should stand up against the establishment and follow your ecchi magical school harem-loving heart ^^

With Akuto (inexplicably) trapped under the ship for most of the episode, the other characters had a chance to further develop. Oh, and it makes sense that the 'Brave' suit is nothing but a creation of that blond antagonist (who's also a timelord?). I did enjoy seeing the suit's powers neutralized, forcing Hiroshi's selfish motives ("I need power!") to be revealed in order to get the suit back.

Okay, who am I kidding? Even though things continue to rush ahead in this too-short-of-a-series, he's probably not going to betray his 'Aniki' in the finale :P
sexijiJun 11, 2010 2:35 PM
Jun 11, 2010 2:01 PM

Sep 2008
lol wut.

lots of stuff that was pretty hard to follow and pretty much everyone is everywhere.

Lots of action though haha
Jun 11, 2010 2:05 PM
Jun 2010
Brace just keeps pissing me off every god damned episode.

go die already
Jun 11, 2010 2:17 PM

Oct 2009
Fine/OKAY episode. A lot of confusing things on my end (challenge if needed)

-So wait, Brave is siding with Yamato, Yamato took Keena while Brave took his idol and all of a sudden, they teleported to who knows where!? WTF!?

-Exactly why does Akuto want to save Keena again? (Episode 9 said that he needed to save her for freedom and not the law of identity.)

Jun 11, 2010 2:27 PM

Sep 2009
blond ver of Keena — wtf? since when...the plot didn't even made sense there

Not so much Akuto rape time considering it's the all about to end with the next ep — fail!

Well at least we got a few seconds of Korone

Gawd, I wish someone would wait some time and then re-make the entire series just like they did with FMAB
Jun 11, 2010 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, that was the shittiest episode so far and I know the shit storm will be at maximum in the last one.

Gee, I wonder what the LHC has to do with with Keena's story.
Jun 11, 2010 2:39 PM
Dec 2007
A Hell of an action-packed episode. Didn't make sense though (which is not particularly a problem in this show).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 11, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2008
scol said:
man... they just shoot out chunks of the story like a shotgun don't they LOL.
It's more like a machine gun. So rushed, so random.

Was I the only one who got Matrix Reloaded vibes from the "origin" of the demon lords.

Anyway, this show should have been made in 24eps [801]
Jun 11, 2010 3:24 PM
Jun 2010
holy crap, very nice episode !

Nice action, a lot of fightning, the Junko part with the sword was obvious, the blond Keena was lol

Why did they have to destroy such a good story :/

Jun 11, 2010 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
Great ep i enjoyed season bit rushed but BUT! there is no way they can pack like 5 eps in this last ep i wonder how this ends.

And what does akuto means when he says she rids my story or something like that
Jun 11, 2010 4:12 PM

Jan 2010
It's a shame this didn't have a bigger budget and a longer runtime..however this show will still get an 8/9 from me despite it's shortcomings...it's actually really good for being a cliche shounen.
Ok™
Jun 11, 2010 4:21 PM

Mar 2009
It went kind of fast, but thats the way it usually is in a 12-13 episode series.
Somehow, the part with the green-ponytailed girl (forgot her name) freaking out reminded me of higurashi.
lzzydyJun 12, 2010 9:27 AM
Jun 11, 2010 4:46 PM
Feb 2010
Comments on the new ep:

Puppet Master dude: Not bad compared to Mister X and Rubber dude. Wait....so does that mean his current form is also a puppet?
Rubber Dude: Creepier than Mister X......really.
Fujiko Scenes: Nice to see her getting more screentime in the recent eps.
Lack of Akuto Scenes: Ehh.....as long we get some Brave vs Akuto battle next week.

Overall score: 4/5.
Eiko's father came back from the dead. Epic Mindscrew there.

MALz_Otaku said:

And what does akuto means when he says she rids my story or something like that

^ I'm guessing he means that only Keena can rid him of the Demon lord title....or at least thats what i think hes saying.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jun 11, 2010 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
it was an okay episode. The lack of composure story wise is counterbalanced by the vast amount of stuff they spit in our face. We all knew the Demon Lord did not get crushed the whole time, that the bad guys would triumph over the other bad guys, but i never saw those other bad guys... Wait, who the hell is good? Are they all trying to kill the gods now?..... Where the hell did the headmaster come from saving Akuto like that, i thought he was engaged in combat with blondie.... -.-
Jun 11, 2010 5:40 PM

Apr 2010
helur said:
it was an okay episode. The lack of composure story wise is counterbalanced by the vast amount of stuff they spit in our face. We all knew the Demon Lord did not get crushed the whole time, that the bad guys would triumph over the other bad guys, but i never saw those other bad guys... Wait, who the hell is good? Are they all trying to kill the gods now?..... Where the hell did the headmaster come from saving Akuto like that, i thought he was engaged in combat with blondie.... -.-

WHERE DID HE COME FROM O.O
Jun 11, 2010 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
I seriously had to LOL at the blond Keena choosing the Daimaou over Yamato...it's like, history repeating itself with red Keena and Akuto!

Murbella said:

I also didn't really get Sai's comments about why he was going after keena. Horriblesubs translates it as "Because she'll rid me of my story." It is pretty clear by his comments about taking care of junko that he isn't going to abandon the harem so suddenly changing the mood to point to him only being interested in keena makes no sense. Unless he is just making clear to Fujiko that he is not interested in her which would kind of make sense since she had very little screen time and was the only love interest which actually wanted him to be evil.

I (and others) think what Akuto meant when he said he'd take care of Junko was to talk with her about her feelings. It goes back to episode 9 when he said to Yuuko "I need to apologize for some stuff, but I'll do it later"/"I'm sorry. We'll [him and Junko] talk later."

But seriously, what the hell does "She'll rid me of my story mean"? o_O Keena was the only one to treat him as any regular guy even after she found out he was going to become a Daimaou...and she's known him since childhood. So yeah, maybe it ties into those somehow?

But I thought it was bittersweet when Fujiko realized he "chose" Keena, her eyes got all sad... and he basically said that he'll die for Keena; saying Fujiko can't go because he doesn't know what will happen.

I love the title of the next episode, though! LMAO!
Jun 11, 2010 5:56 PM

Oct 2008
She doesn't remember him from before though for some reason that will hopefully be explained in the last episode.
Jun 11, 2010 5:59 PM
Sep 2009
so much shit is happening, it really is ridiculous. the amount of spoonfed info we're getting... damn.

blonde keena=lolz
Jun 11, 2010 6:02 PM
Jul 2007
Loved Junko, was a bit cliché, and i can't say i didn't see it coming but it was great.. Could've done with a proper fight with teruya eiko and junko though.. that would've made the episode a whole lot better :D

Akuto is becoming more and more like the Demon lord, and Miwa (brave) is still a puffy little power ranger striving for power so he can beat his 'aniki', whom i'm guessing he doesn't kill..which is still whats confusing me :P

Overall OK episode, but really could do with a 24 episode or a second season, the plot is developing way to quickly =//
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jun 11, 2010 6:35 PM

Jul 2009
lol this anime is so.. wah?? lol
i love the character design though..

yeah.. im not even sure what to comment about this episode. it just feels like another episode of ichiban.
Jun 11, 2010 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
This show makes no sense. It never did, it never does, it never will. I can't wait for this shit to be over.

Jun 11, 2010 7:12 PM

May 2009
lol i'm very confused XD
Jun 11, 2010 7:26 PM

Dec 2009
Maybe they'll have the time to make the fight in the next episode a little more drawn out since they packed so much into this one. I won't get my hopes up though, it'll probably be even faster-paced
Jun 11, 2010 7:37 PM

Jun 2010
Granted the anime isnt a masterpiece but its still entertaining. Im just amazed, this could have easily passed of as another shounen and lasted a few seasons.

Still cliches Junkos love and the father returning, I have no idea about the glasses guy, Im still not sure who the villain, I know I hate Brave, I just dont know what he is up to either.So theres a demon lord every hundred years.....Keena was looking mighty suspicious at the end. I wouldnt put it past this anime to just pull an all time shocker with something to unknown and irrelevant in the end.
Jun 11, 2010 7:53 PM

May 2009
With this show, it's probably much more enjoyable if you don't try to make sense of it. Holes a plenty and heavily cliched, but it's been a lot of fun - well aside from Brave.

Loved the President and especially "power of love" Junko. And lol at the spectators treating the developments as though it was one big soap opera.
Jun 11, 2010 11:49 PM
Mar 2010
whiteshadowz said:
lol i'm very confused XD

the expression in ur avatar matches what you said. lol
Jun 11, 2010 11:57 PM

Jul 2009
Brave dude is annoying..
Jun 12, 2010 12:23 AM

Oct 2007
start the fan and throw the shit, what do you get PLOT!
nyamoJun 12, 2010 2:01 AM
Jun 12, 2010 12:39 AM

May 2010
Lol, they predicted that Akuto's the demon lord. Maybe his powers are of Demon Lord's, but he's the hero, and the penguin dude predicted that Brave's powers are as of hero's, but is a bad dude.

Whatever, the story's full of confusion. They should extend, cause I just can't image how will the current story fit in the next last episode.

Jun 12, 2010 1:03 AM
Aug 2009
blue will win the faction.
Jun 12, 2010 2:05 AM

Nov 2008
watching the president fight was a nice bit as was Junkos.. and as per the usual Hiroshi annoyed the hell out of me .. he drags this down about as much as them trying to cram a 26 episode + anime in 12.
Jun 12, 2010 2:23 AM

Dec 2007
guga?
Jun 12, 2010 2:29 AM

Sep 2009
The story is really hard to follow right now. There are like a couple of people that I have no idea who they are. There was a lot of action though, and a couple of epic scenes (well epic for this show).
Jun 12, 2010 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
HUH WHAT HUH WHERE ARE WE? serouisly who is trying to kill who? Is it just me or everyone is bad however some are just worse
Jun 12, 2010 3:22 AM

Jul 2009
helur said:
Where the hell did the headmaster come from saving Akuto like that, i thought he was engaged in combat with blondie.... -.-

I also wonder where did he come from, he was still in combat when Akuto got hit by the plane, this was too random.

Well aside from that, this episode is quite good.
Jun 12, 2010 4:14 AM

Jan 2010
Gomu Gomu No Complete-fucking-ripoff!

That, coupled with the fact its not even funny when it tries to be makes me glad theres only an episode left.

Seriously, if this episode were any earlier then I'd drop this shit.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Jun 12, 2010 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
OMG!!! Shiraishi is a guy!!!

This shows gone brokeback
Jun 12, 2010 5:31 AM

Apr 2009
Lol so anyone else understand this show anymore? It had potential, but just not enough time...
yvanc said:
OMG!!! Shiraishi is a guy!!!

This shows gone brokeback

Nah dude, that's DFC (or at least I hope...)
Jun 12, 2010 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
Anyone who still understands what's happening, please explain it to us all. It's all very confusing. If this show was 24 episodes, then this could have been much better.
Jun 12, 2010 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
Was it just me or was anyone else really put off every time that girl said "Guga"
I mean at times I was just going to burst out laughing from the randomness of it and other times I was just irritated by it.

So the plot here from what I can gather is
The blond guy is a time traveler who was in love with the reincarnation of Keena that was sacrificed to the previous demon lord. He traveled to the future to kidnap keena for some reason and kill the demon lord.
Brave made a deal with him because as Akuto lives it sucks the life out of his precious idol girlfriend so the only way to stop it is to kill Akuto . I guess the deal was out of convenience as they have the same goal.
There is gods in this world and they like screwing with people. Akuto is pissed by it and wants to destroy the gods and set up a new fairer system.
Green haired girl killed her father to take over the clan of ninjas but failed to realize that her father wasn't dead and was a terminator.
Principal fought the demon lord in the past with time travel boy.
Some god lives in Keena's body and takes her over sometimes.
And it seems that Akuto has not really chosen Keena and is saving her out of some promise or something.
That's about all I can piece together from that hail of plot they shot at us.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jun 12, 2010 8:22 AM
Feb 2010
AidanAK47 said:
Was it just me or was anyone else really put off every time that girl said "Guga"
I mean at times I was just going to burst out laughing from the randomness of it and other times I was just irritated by it.

^ You're not the only one >_>
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jun 12, 2010 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, there's One Piece, there's Naruto, and most of all, there's SM!

Jun 12, 2010 10:24 AM

May 2010
Figured that there was gonna be an explanation of how both Sai and Yamoto could both have given Kaena the hair piece. Didn't think it'd end up with Yamoto knowing the future Kaena, and going back in time to try and get together with past incarnations of her though.

And my guess is as to what Sai meant as to Kaena being able to end his story, is that she has the power to neutralize the demon power in him.
Jun 12, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
So anyway, this is pretty ridiculous.
...Can't say I mind it being ridiculous though : D (Ehem.. Except for Hattori's sword, that's just stupid.... And Eiko's cyborg-father.....)

I'm expecting even more ridiculous ending.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 12, 2010 11:43 AM

Feb 2009
So far the Demon Lord hasn't really done anything. This entire f*ckup of a battle, all he did was go head on with that airship and he didn't even take it down, that was the puppet master.

Why would he want to neutralize the demon power in him? He's obviously not doing anything evil and he has yet to destroy anything of note. He has yet to really fight any battles at all. Might as well keep that power as self defense since you don't want people ganging up on you like Accelerator when he got beat by Touma (although Accelerator didn't have a super harem to protect him... well maybe eventually, but he had all his power anyway so the point is moot). Point is, there's no real benefit to giving up your demon lord power, is there? I mean I think ichiban's a pretty cool guy.

I still can't figure out Brave's motivation other than "he's the demon lord and I'm the hero, so gotta go with destiny." Siding with the clearly evil guy to fight your bro who has clearly done absolutely nothing seems to suggest mental incapacity.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Jun 18, 2010

283 by kris2sleepy »»
Oct 26, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BladedWarrior - Apr 30, 2010

128 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.