Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2010 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
I love the ending song, really.

5/5
Jun 12, 2010 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Kanade was epic like always * Wings <3 *, i hope we will find out about her story ^^ I can
't wait to see who is all behind this. 5/5
yuno6.jpg
Jun 12, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
Psychodrake said:
Detective said:
After reading the comments from page one I can now safely say that fans of Angel Beats! are also fans of Degrassi and The Sims. /facepalm

After reading this comment I can now safely say Angel Beats! haters love wasting their time watching things they don't enjoy just to spite fans.

After reading this comment I can now safely say that people on MAL can not read properly.
Jun 12, 2010 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
yamato21 said:

If you read the light novel, Angel Beats! -Track Zero- which tell about the afterworld before Otonashi came (In this story, Hinata become the main character), the one who give nickname Yurippe is Hinata, which she actually didn't really like

Thanks for the hint, I just found the translations earlier today =)
*really needs to read them*
Jun 12, 2010 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Tecu said:
Dandere-chan said:
Psychodrake said:
Detective said:
After reading the comments from page one I can now safely say that fans of Angel Beats! are also fans of Degrassi and The Sims. /facepalm

After reading this comment I can now safely say Angel Beats! haters love wasting their time watching things they don't enjoy just to spite fans.

After reading this comment I can now safely say that people on MAL can not read properly.

After reading this comment I can swiftly switch from subject to another and say that Angel Beats greatly disappointed me and will not be worth more than a rating of 5 unless a great twist of plot occurs.

After reading this comment I can surely say that those who don't like an anime will often be the ones talking (and trolling) on discussions the most.
Jun 12, 2010 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
DarkChaplain said:
Tecu said:
Dandere-chan said:
Psychodrake said:
Detective said:

After reading this comment I can swiftly switch from subject to another and say that Angel Beats greatly disappointed me and will not be worth more than a rating of 5 unless a great twist of plot occurs.

After reading this comment I can surely say that those who don't like an anime will often be the ones talking (and trolling) on discussions the most.

After reading this comment I decided to reply with a statement that starts with "After reading this comment."
Jun 12, 2010 3:18 PM

Jul 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
DarkChaplain said:
Tecu said:
Dandere-chan said:
Psychodrake said:
Detective said:

After reading this comment I decided to reply with a statement that starts with "After reading this comment."

After reading this comment... wait, where are we going with this?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 12, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
wheresthehandle said:
Redfoxoffire said:
DarkChaplain said:
Tecu said:
Dandere-chan said:
Psychodrake said:
Detective said:

After reading this comment... wait, where are we going with this?

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

(Seriously, can we talk about the episode now?)
Jun 12, 2010 3:28 PM

Apr 2010
wow that was a good episode. i surprised yuri dident kill yuzuru for trying to erase people. and i cant wait to find out who this person playing god is. its almost over. SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS SERIES IS WAY TO GOOD TO END HERE!!!
Jun 12, 2010 3:37 PM

May 2010
Angel Beats and FMA: Brotherhood will have epics finals!
Who's the God??
I think He's Christ. He was in computer before episode ends. Who knows he was making shadows?
Jun 12, 2010 3:57 PM
Dec 2007
game8910 said:
Anybody else think this series is a prime example of 'identity crisis'? It seems to have a large bundle of ideas, that, while they are good on their own, but crammed into a 13 episode series, they aren't as fleshed out as they could be?

HoaRy said:
Overall weak episode.
Forget everything we had before and come up with a new one.

That, plus I must admit the developments are really hectic and the script hardly makes any sense. They also tried to cram in three or four jokes at the beginning that totally fell flat. Overall, the last two episodes were huge dissapointments to me, they were slow, boring even (I felt asleep twice watching this ep...). If it weren't for Yuri, the fantastic ED and the fact that there are only 2 episodes left, I'd be really tempted to drop it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 12, 2010 4:24 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode! I want to see how it ends. I guess it will be a bittersweet ending.

garfield15 said:

(FYI, the teacher Yurippe was talking to at the end was voiced by King Bradley, so I obviously put 2 and 2 together :D)

lol I knew I had heard his voice somewhere =)
Jun 12, 2010 5:02 PM

Aug 2008
Back to it's terrible, lame plot direction roots. I don't even bother to try and figure out why Yuri just knows everything for no reason. I suppose someone has to guide the viewer from one random story event to the next. What a hack writer.

Also, We're totally back to Hinata x Otonashi, with a jealous Naoi on the side. That's the one positive from this episode. Also, I suppose we should be paying more attention to the character that wants to be called "Christ."
Jun 12, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I don't even bother to try and figure out why Yuri just knows everything for no reason.

I just figured the same reason Naoi and Hinata figured it out. Because it was freaking obvious.
noteDhero said:
I suppose someone has to guide the viewer from one random story event to the next. What a hack writer.

All he needed was more time....
Jun 12, 2010 5:22 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
Back to it's terrible, lame plot direction roots. I don't even bother to try and figure out why Yuri just knows everything for no reason. I suppose someone has to guide the viewer from one random story event to the next. What a hack writer.

Also, We're totally back to Hinata x Otonashi, with a jealous Naoi on the side. That's the one positive from this episode. Also, I suppose we should be paying more attention to the character that wants to be called "Christ."

Well I think that Yuri knows about it because Otonashi wasn't the prime exemple of someone doing his things discretely. Yuri have a room placed high and Otonashi chat and mess with Kanade in the school where Yuri can see him from her windows.

He was obvious enough for hinata and Naoi to find out so he was really obvious.
Jun 12, 2010 5:31 PM

May 2007
Awesome! Maybe we'll finally get to meet the 'god' of this world.
Also, I wonder if we'll ever fine out about Kanade's past?! :o

Jun 12, 2010 5:32 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting episode, no clue now they're going to end this though O_O. Pretty funny at parts (lol Hinata and Naoi), the monsters were interesting ... especially making people NPCs and the "transforming" thing
Uhh, how did Otonashi and making people disappear get into THIS episode? Kind of random ... didn't really like that ... oh and the wings? Yea, I thought they'd be cool clear wings (like her other skills), and we get white bird wings? Please. Ew D:
Jun 12, 2010 6:07 PM

Mar 2010
At this point I'm really starting to wonder how or if they will fit the"stories". Episode was pretty good. Nice plot twist in the end. Idk something seems a little fishy about Chaa IMO.
Jun 12, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
So a new enemy. And this one isn't full of good intentions like Kanade since he doesn't care much of destroying there souls.

Since Kanade could trace them and chase them so many times how come didn't she traced this guy. BTW is that Christ guy a possible suspect? His good with computers isn't he?

Those wings look awesome how come they can't fly?
Jun 12, 2010 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:

I just figured the same reason Naoi and Hinata figured it out. Because it was freaking obvious.

Not the part about Otonashi, the part about someone stealing Kanade's software to make a virus, and that the underground place led to a guild. She made a lot of leaps of logic for no real reason.

All he needed was more time....

Nope. He needed an editor. Too much of the content in this show served little to no purpose.
Jun 12, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
garfield15 said:

Not the part about Otonashi, the part about someone stealing Kanade's software to make a virus, and that the underground place led to a guild. She made a lot of leaps of logic for no real reason.

The stealing part yes (though considering that Kanade's software is like the only advanced software there, it doesn't seem that farfetched to me), but the other thing wasn't logic. She looked down the hole and saw that the place looked like Guild so...yeah
Jun 12, 2010 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

Well, Yuri has proved to know everything, say everything as a fact and then get owned because she wasn't right so who knows.
As for Yuri finding the underground tunnel I agree that it was stupid.

And well you don't need to be einstein to understand that the underground tunnel lead to the guild when you know that the guild was bigger than the school and situed under it =/.
Jun 12, 2010 7:08 PM

Jun 2010
As much as I love Angel Beats I cant help but feel its gonna be the victim of a pitiful ending. I did like this episode, its the setup to the ending, Kanades human and has her own regrets, Yuri seems to be level headed, all the other members are now soul searching and thinking. This series deserves a minimum 26 eps, but oh well.

Oh and love the Knocking on Heavens Door reference. Still i I wonder what kind of curveball they are gonna throw at us with God.

Still one thing is sure, all 'Guild' episodes thus far have been hilarious, looking forward to it.
Jun 12, 2010 7:22 PM
Jun 2010
when tachibana showed her wings and when she was dropping down, i was getting ready for a face plant (cuz they stated it was only for decoration), but that girl has reflexes of a cat =[
Jun 12, 2010 7:29 PM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:

The stealing part yes (though considering that Kanade's software is like the only advanced software there, it doesn't seem that farfetched to me), but the other thing wasn't logic. She looked down the hole and saw that the place looked like Guild so...yeah

I'm not sure why we would even think Kanade has the only advanced software there in the first place. What about Christ? What about the super computer room they have? What about some rogue member on their side?

As for the place, it was just a deep passageway. Why wouldn't she know about another guild?

Dandere-chan said:

Well, Yuri has proved to know everything, say everything as a fact and then get owned because she wasn't right so who knows.

Good point.

As for Yuri finding the underground tunnel I agree that it was stupid.

And well you don't need to be einstein to understand that the underground tunnel lead to the guild when you know that the guild was bigger than the school and situed under it =/.

That one was destroyed though, wasn't it? So again, why wouldn't she have known about this one?
Jun 12, 2010 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:

As for the place, it was just a deep passageway. Why wouldn't she know about another guild?

Wait, I think I'm misreading you here.

Were you saying that you didn't like how Yuri instantly knew that the hole led to Guild or was it that you didn't like that Yuri did not know that there was another Guild. Cause if it's the second one, I think she was just exasperated that everything was happening at Guild again.

(Personally, I thought it was some sort of supercomputer entrance before I saw the hole)
Jun 12, 2010 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

That one was destroyed though, wasn't it? So again, why wouldn't she have known about this one?

Well they already went back to the destroyed one when Kanade cloned herself, I think that by guild she meant the old big guild that was destroyed. Someone is probably hiding there since I don't think he's in the one they are currently using.

The passageway was very very deep, that's why she linked that it must lead to the guild, well maybe she's wrong but as for me I would have made the same deduction.
Jun 12, 2010 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:

Wait, I think I'm misreading you here.

Were you saying that you didn't like how Yuri instantly knew that the hole led to Guild or was it that you didn't like that Yuri did not know that there was another Guild. Cause if it's the second one, I think she was just exasperated that everything was happening at Guild again.

(Personally, I thought it was some sort of supercomputer entrance before I saw the hole)

Well it's both. She should know about the status of all the Guilds. But she was clearly surprised about the location of this entrance, so I can't really believe that she knew about this. Does that make sense?

Dandere-chan said:

Well they already went back to the destroyed one when Kanade cloned herself, I think that by guild she meant the old big guild that was destroyed. Someone is probably hiding there since I don't think he's in the one they are currently using.

The passageway was very very deep, that's why she linked that it must lead to the guild, well maybe she's wrong but as for me I would have made the same deduction.

I just don't get why she wouldn't know about this entrance, and yet is so quick to assume that it's the Guild.
Jun 12, 2010 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

I just don't get why she wouldn't know about this entrance, and yet is so quick to assume that it's the Guild.

I see, well you make a point here.

I don't think that Yuri knows about all the secret entrance, just to begin with the first time they entered the guild (ep2) Kanade entered by another entrance, who knows maybe this one?
As to her assuming that it's the Guild well it's kinda normal since it goes straight into the guild, I mean I think it was obvious that it was going to the guild, we do not have any architectural plan, it would maybe be impossible to put a room between the school and the guild and that's why she is quick to judge, also she saw that it was really deep which is another indicator that it probably reach the guild, it's not like the guild is 1000km under the school.
Jun 12, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2010
When I first saw the secret door. I automatically thought it was the guild.
Jun 12, 2010 9:12 PM

Apr 2010
I'm more surprised that there hasn't been any gifs of kanade's wings yet.

I highly doubt it, but I will be quite disappointed if the final boss is that tool, "christ".
Jun 12, 2010 9:21 PM

Jun 2010
antonn said:
I'm more surprised that there hasn't been any gifs of kanade's wings yet.

I highly doubt it, but I will be quite disappointed if the final boss is that tool, "christ".
Ikr I was like WIN!
Jun 12, 2010 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
Dandere-chan said:

I don't think that Yuri knows about all the secret entrance, just to begin with the first time they entered the guild (ep2) Kanade entered by another entrance, who knows maybe this one?
As to her assuming that it's the Guild well it's kinda normal since it goes straight into the guild, I mean I think it was obvious that it was going to the guild, we do not have any architectural plan, it would maybe be impossible to put a room between the school and the guild and that's why she is quick to judge, also she saw that it was really deep which is another indicator that it probably reach the guild, it's not like the guild is 1000km under the school.

Yeah, I guess so. I guess I'm bothered by how the show progresses, and I second guess every little detail that they present.
Jun 12, 2010 9:38 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
Dandere-chan said:

Yeah, I guess so. I guess I'm bothered by how the show progresses, and I second guess every little detail that they present.

Well it's normal, the show started really good and is quickly downgrading but I still like it.
Jun 12, 2010 9:45 PM

Dec 2009
A cool episode.

2 episodes only left? We will be a decent ending to the anime? I hope so.

Tk was awesome in the fighting scene... "I kiss you" "bam"!
Most charismatic character of the year!
Jun 12, 2010 9:54 PM

Oct 2009
I love this show. Naoi was funny as hell. Things are heating up as we enter the final string of episodes...
Peoplestring - where you get paid to use the web as you please - http://www.peoplestring.com/?f=xenoknight.

Project Xeno Origin - my organization for RPG lovers and localization efforts - https://www.facebook.com/PXOrigin

http://nekoo.hostzi.com/C.S.E.A.G/1000+%20LE/Public/page8/Xenoknight.png
Jun 12, 2010 10:00 PM

Oct 2009
Kanade was so cute :D
At the ending, Yuri found that its the way back to the Guild, is that means the culprit hiding at the guild?
Jun 12, 2010 10:07 PM

Jan 2010
Ten pages of comments and no one thought to mention the fact that Hinata may be in love with Yuri? It may be just me, but I thought he looked at her picture quite fondly... Does that mean he lied to Yui just to make her disappear?

Kanade with wings <3
Jun 12, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2009
werr-y said:
Ten pages of comments and no one thought to mention the fact that Hinata may be in love with Yuri? It may be just me, but I thought he looked at her picture quite fondly... Does that mean he lied to Yui just to make her disappear?

Kanade with wings <3

I think he looks at yuri as like a sister because of the fact they were there together at the same time(: and they did start the thing together, i hardly doubt hed lie to yui like that..if that is the case id have all hates against angel beats >.< yui was my fave, her and hinata were so cute together, and my first fave Iwasawa and she died tooo Dx
Jun 12, 2010 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
Another random change in the direction of this series but with the twist at the end, this is the first episode in a while that really left me wanting more.
Jun 12, 2010 10:38 PM

Jan 2009
The series IMO feels really rushed at this point. It's like the characters read spoilers of their own series and decided to skip the natural flow of the story to reach plotpoints faster and get it over with. People complain sometimes about decompression in manga and anime, but this is clearly too much compression.

I enjoy the humor, designs, the action and the basis of the plot, but it's almost like the series has a bad case of ADD in developing everything. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Key announces an Angel Beats Visual Novel (follow each characters path, learn their tragic past, and collect each of their souls light!).

werr-y said:

That was Noda that was looking at her picture and it's been pretty clear since the beginning that he has feelings for her (though he is a brute about everything). Of course, Hinata does feel really close to Yuri as you can see with his speech, but that doesn't necessarily make what he told Yui a lie.
OmegaDenmadJun 12, 2010 10:48 PM
Jun 12, 2010 11:05 PM

Dec 2008
Well FINALLY they bring the gay back.
I was about to drop this because of too much Tenshi.

TK's "kiss you" was epic.
I really don't care how this ends, I just want the gay.
DeviantART: apple-seed.deviantart.com
Jun 12, 2010 11:24 PM
May 2010
elkishly said:
Well FINALLY they bring the gay back.
I was about to drop this because of too much Tenshi.

TK's "kiss you" was epic.
I really don't care how this ends, I just want the gay.

Then just watch gay porno.
I can't believe you are serius........ I mean its fun, not everything
Jun 12, 2010 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
Two episodes left? Really?

This seems like it needs to be a 25 episode series, they're really gonna have to cram to fit it in two more episodes...or maybe a second season ?! :D
Jun 12, 2010 11:28 PM

Jul 2009
T.K is the mastermind pulling the strings. Isn't it obvious?

Signature made by me. x3
Jun 13, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
one of the better episodes of the bunch. i wonder how th ending is going to turn out. although i hope they have a second season because this is a pretty good show. i give the episode 10/10.
Jun 13, 2010 1:22 AM

Apr 2010
noteDhero said:
garfield15 said:

Eh not quite.

Its pretty obvious if you join the dots. The shadows give off 1s and 0s. Who else does that? Yes Kanade's handsonic on blocking projectiles

But Kanade is not involved. She is a bad lier and Takeyama also checked.

So the assailant is new but likely uses the same process as kanade. Timing also fits as her computer was fully exposed only recently

I do not remember hearing anything about a virus though, only that someone was manipulating the NPCs

And about the guild. The only place Yuri knows is deep underground is the guild. She might be wrong but the first impression of anyone (heck even viewers who have no deep knowledge of the Guild's tunnel system) would be the Guild again.

Her not knowing there was an entrace to the guild in the computer lab could be of 2 easy possibilities.
i) She never thought about exploring the underground. That's Cha's area.
ii) Someone made it. Not difficult when you can make drilling tools with dirt.
Zaku_FanJun 13, 2010 1:48 AM
Jun 13, 2010 1:52 AM
Mar 2008
werr-y said:

Kanade with wings <3

That was Noda, not Hinata.
Jun 13, 2010 2:35 AM

Sep 2009
Damn, this show seriously needs more episodes. They had it planned for 24+ but time restraint and budget made it hard. They did say, however, that the whole plot is spread out among various other media like short stories and manga. Too bad then for the people who only look at the anime.

Anyways, to the episode.

More Otonashi x Hinata/Naoi. Err... okay...?
Naoi's saves for Otonashi made me laugh quite a lot though.

Haha, Kanade actually took Otonashi's suggestion. Nice nice. It's only for design but seems to function... even for a little bit.

Damn, there goes Takamatsu...
And those shadows... they remind of monsters I fought in an RPG once. But I guess that's the entire point of it. Loved the fight scene - that was total badassery.

It still bothers me though. Otonashi seems to be so surprised at the revelation of Kanade being a human. He should've known that by now, really.

Heh, it's not wonder that computer guy sounded familiar. King Bradley, huh? Must be the mastermind... or actually...

Akira Ishida at the ending. That voice was distinct.

Overall a good episode as always.. I never even realized how long I've been watching... then the credits roll.

Next episode: "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

Cowboy Bebop...? Hey everyone, let's speculate with that episode title!
LobsterRyomaJun 13, 2010 2:44 AM

Jun 13, 2010 3:19 AM
Jan 2010
lol, that old guy had the same voice as King Bradley.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.