Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2010 2:12 AM
Jun 2010
etchel said:
tsubasalover said:

nice review.. :D

yup its very detailed, he shud write his own light novels (not sarcasm, im being serious, im saying this cuz when i read my sentence over it sounded sarcastic)
Jun 12, 2010 2:23 AM

Aug 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
etchel said:
tsubasalover said:

yup its very detailed, he shud write his own light novels (not sarcasm, im being serious, im saying this cuz when i read my sentence over it sounded sarcastic)

Yeah~ for him to remeber that much~
kudos ^^v
Jun 12, 2010 2:24 AM

May 2009
Ishida Akira voices the "final boss"? I wonder who will it be.
Jun 12, 2010 2:27 AM
Jun 2010
viral_hun said:

imagine if it's otonashi's sister that died like years ago!?!? that would be CRAZY
Jun 12, 2010 2:45 AM

Jul 2009

"You are toilet paper.
You will realize the splendor of how easily toilet paper is flushed..."

Naoi is awesome xD

Interesting and entertaining introduction for the last two episodes T_T
They really should have make this 24 episodes...
Hope for a second season or some specials to made up for this.

@ Raigeki
I thought about Otonashi's Sister too.
It sure would be Crazy lol

Looking forward to next Week ^_^
Lelouch_XJun 12, 2010 2:57 AM

Jun 12, 2010 2:56 AM

May 2010
TK: "Woah! Dancing in the shadow!"

:D

Kanade's wings - nice decoration :D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 12, 2010 2:59 AM

Feb 2010
At the assembly of all SSS members I saw that Kanade and Otonashi will have a lot of work to do. And next time: The Guild Part 3
Jun 12, 2010 3:54 AM

Jul 2009
Raigeki1993 said:
viral_hun said:

imagine if it's otonashi's sister that died like years ago!?!? that would be CRAZY

My thoughts exactly. I mean, it's not very likely, but it would be very much of a mindfuck.

Other than that, Kanade's wings~<333
Jun 12, 2010 3:57 AM
Jun 2010
PR3DAT0R said:
Raigeki1993 said:
viral_hun said:

My thoughts exactly. I mean, it's not very likely, but it would be very much of a mindfuck.

lol did u just delete ur old post and made the same one?
Jun 12, 2010 4:04 AM

Jan 2009
Naoi is actually pretty funny by now.
And Shiina, while extremely linear, is awesome.
"Woah! Dancing in the shadow!"

Oh. Ho. NPC's changing into shadows, transforming non-NPC's into NPC's. Now that's.. Actually quite original, if you ask me. ^^

Also, I hate that I can't remember the name of this Christ-dude, because that forces me to refer to him as 'Christ'........

Tl;dr Tenshi <3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 12, 2010 4:33 AM

Jan 2010
noooo takamatsu why him and not that idiot Christ -_-

oh well,i'm lost now xD...maybe those shadows represents death?
no i don't think so...hmm

oh well,i don't know how they could cram it all into 2 episodes,since there are so many questions
maybe we can expect a season 2?:)

now,i noticed 2 very interesting subtitles in the next episode preview:

1st one: "Disappear like miserable toilet paper"

**so...Naoi will make Hinata disappear next episode?:(

and the 2nd one... Yuri saying: "If i disappear now,can I start over?"

**maybe Yuri realised that you will get transfered back to the real world if you disappear?if this is true the next episode could finally confirm what's with this world and why did Yui and Iwasawa disappear...

on overall,i expected some more plot development,but instead I have more questions now :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 12, 2010 4:55 AM

Feb 2010
wheresthehandle said:
Drengot said:
I kiss you.

for some reason, it matches your avatar. and turns me on.

...to be honest:
I'm glad that I weren't the only one who'd like to get kissed by that Mio xD

Anyway:

Best episode to me, loved it.
But.. the pacing.. yes, things happen quickly, things are terrible because of the shadows...

But still, if they'd have put the shadows in one episode and built up the danger first, and then in the next counter-measures and 'reflecting'...
that would have made the whole plot more intense and deeper.

Like you said, they throw all this epicness at us, but some things need to settle down and make progress in itself...

PS:
Tecu, you're just an amazingly weird troll.... though a 5 for average doesn't look all too bad when looking onto your list ;)
DarkChaplainJun 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Jun 12, 2010 5:04 AM

Sep 2008
TK kinda reminded me of Dante from Devil May Cry in the fighting scene.
Jun 12, 2010 5:18 AM

Jun 2009
Kanade wings are so beautiful and white. A lot of Yuri in this episode which is good, a lot of action too. It feels a bit rushed but no problem for me. Who's that guy in the computer room?

Haha at the end was so funny, going back to the guild. Yuri is officially my fav character, she's such an awesome leader:D

Jun 12, 2010 5:22 AM

Nov 2007
ikuto said:
Raigeki1993 said:
etchel said:
tsubasalover said:

Yeah~ for him to remeber that much~
kudos ^^v

Ah~, I just realized some typo from my summary.

Thanks, but I'm not a "he". And I watch raw online while doing the summary (so I can pause it when I want to write parts of the summary).

viral_hun said:

Really? Ishida-san?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 12, 2010 5:51 AM

May 2008
This is getting worse again~ Nothing really interesting happened in this episode, exept that guy ( I don't remember his name) turned into an NPC. Well, as expected Otonashi's plan won't work very smoothly and they going to the guild again. What a plot twist~~
Jun 12, 2010 5:53 AM

Mar 2009
No one noticed what dance TK was doing near the end? The dance he was doing was a MJ dance for his song Smooth Criminal.
Jun 12, 2010 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
Tecu said:
TK was stupid as ever.

The characters repeating the same jokes all over again.

Seems to me that there's just one character worth looking at, and that's Kanade. Other than that it seems pretty unoriginal except for the plot which is original in a stupid way.

So far pretty disappointed with the series. There had better be a great twist of plot towards the end or it's going to be hard to give this anime anything more than a 5, standing for "average".

Holy shit, finally someone who has the same opinion of this show as me. TK seriously reminds me of someone with down syndrome or something. He's just so retarded. Kanade is the only thing left about this show that is decent.
Jun 12, 2010 6:09 AM

Nov 2008
Zopo said:
TK kinda reminded me of Dante from Devil May Cry in the fighting scene.
Yeah, me too.
Jun 12, 2010 6:20 AM

May 2010
Disappointed with Otonashi... thought he'd realised Kanade wasn't an angel by now. Heck, though he just plain understood her better than that. Yuri doing a better job of it, given that her purpose was once to be the charismatic and well-intentioned but ultimately overzealous crusader, was rather galling, even though I've nothing against her in principle. On a related note, I'll apologise to him if I'm wrong, but it seems obvious to me that the 'something holding her back' is a care for what happens to the other people there, much like he himself. I dunno, maybe I'm just reading her wrong, but I'd have thought he'd at least come to the same conclusion.

Also, not happy to see a distinct lack of any conflict between Yuri and Tenshi and the respective goals/ideals they represent. I suppose Yuri being aware of what Otonashi and Kanade were doing was probably inevitable given how useless they were at being sneaky about it (perhaps most prominently Kanade's appalling - if also rather cute - lack of any acting ability whatsoever), but still. I'd hoped she'd be a little more... upset about it, frankly. Not because I dislike Yuri or anything like that, but simply because that would be interesting. Instead we've yet another new foe to beat for our finale, from the looks of things. Well... maybe I'm being presumptuous. At the rate at which Angel Beats! moves through things and the speed with which it can change tack in general, it could well be the case that we wrap up this whole shadows thing next episode and get set up for a neat little series finale which actually resolves the issues I think most of us would prefer to see resolved (i.e. most of the stuff mentioned above). I suppose all we can do is wait and see. As a friend of mine who also watches this recently said, I'm not even going to try and predict what will happen.

I think it's a shame this anime only got 13 episodes, though. Really, it had enough material for way more - as it is, it's all packed in so tightly that, even with the pretty admirable abilities for producing cohesion that the writers clearly have, a rather schizophrenic effect was inevitable. I think at least twice the length would certainly have been doable - heck, it may be asking a bit much for an unproven idea, but unless the writers suck at developing ideas and that's why they felt the need to instead just skim loads like this, something of a length comparable to Death Note's run (37 episodes) would have worked. Probably the really sad thing is that I rather suspect it's too late now. A straight remake obviously wouldn't work - we'd have seen it all before, just in a much more concise form. The true fans would probably still get something out of it, but the rest of the world would just go 'eh'. A second season, meanwhile, is looking unlikely to me - I could well be wrong, but the plot's shaping up to be rather self-contained, and stretching it to allow for a new story to be tacked on the end could be rather painful. Specials could be possible, but are in my experience only a passing entertainment at best. The only thing I can see working is a second season with a similar concept but different characters - though, in that case, why not just make it into a whole new anime? So, regrettable though it is, I think Angel Beats! is doomed to finish, no doubt with a bang but finish nonetheless, after just 13 breakneck-paced episodes.

And now some other miscellaneous thoughts on this episode...

Greatly warming to Naoi, it has to be said. I thought keeping him on and shoehorning into the group as was originally done was a bit... ah, what's the word... cliché? Not what I was looking for but that'll do. But yeah, now I think he's earned his defiance of exiting alongside his only short and contained plot episode. His hilariously bad cover-ups of Kanade's inconsistencies to Yuri - made all the funnier for it later turning out to be entirely in vain - was probably my favourite scene of the episode. Made me glad the shadow didn't get him!

Takeyama seems a bit suspicious... maybe I'm just seeing things. Eh, said I wouldn't try and predict stuff, so I'll let it slide. XD

It would be interesting to see the SSS split fully into two factions, though I also wouldn't mind seeing most of them disappear to leave Otonashi, Hinata, Yuri and Tenshin (and maybe a few others, like Naoi) to resolve the plot once and for all. Both those said, I'd also quite like to see some of the other more minor characters being developed further first - actually, thinking that, specials could be quite good there, particularly for people like TK and Shiina, who are interesting concepts but haven't gotten much screen time.

Oh, and TK is still the most awesome thing since green moon cheese.
Jun 12, 2010 6:38 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, too troublesome to predict what'll happen now. I've been doing that for every episode and it has not worked.

Liked Hayuri's "Guild again?!" thing at the end, since we all LOVE that dungeon. Lol'd at Moengel's "I'm not an angel" part...and TK was awesome.

Poor Sparkle-Glasses ;A;
Jun 12, 2010 6:39 AM
Nov 2009
Good episode =).
Jun 12, 2010 6:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice episode, first half was fantastic and the second has me craving for more. Really enjoying this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 12, 2010 7:54 AM

Sep 2008
ZetaZeta said:
Christ got pissed for not being called Christ, so he programmed the Shadows.
You heard it here first.
Lol'd.
Jun 12, 2010 8:11 AM

Jul 2009
Raigeki1993 said:
PR3DAT0R said:
Raigeki1993 said:
viral_hun said:

lol did u just delete ur old post and made the same one?

No...? I edited it though...
Jun 12, 2010 8:20 AM

May 2010
YoshiBoshi said:
ZetaZeta said:
Christ got pissed for not being called Christ, so he programmed the Shadows.
You heard it here first.
Lol'd.

... lol'd too, but on further reflection I think that's possibly the most likely speculation we'll hear all week.
Jun 12, 2010 8:24 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was quite a downfall...

ShibuyaRiver said:

This is Angel Beats.

Disregard past plot points, introduce new one.

Jun 12, 2010 8:29 AM

May 2008
wow things sure are getting alot more interesting now :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 12, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2009
here its turn out again
another human play a god role and transform NPC to shadow
ppl who ate by shadow lose his soul... isn't that is the same in Persona 3 ? ^_^ interesting
Jun 12, 2010 8:35 AM

Mar 2008
Very nice episode . I loved the action scenes ."woah dancing in the shadow "and "I'll kiss you"x3
But I feel sorry for Takamastu.
Jun 12, 2010 9:02 AM

May 2010
Oh, and another random thought I forgot in my first post - oddly enough for a Kanade fan, I didn't really like her wings. I thought they looked a bit too big for her, frankly... smaller would've been better. Sure, it's "OMG WINGS <3", but at the same time at the size they are they impact on her cuteness.
Jun 12, 2010 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
Ah, just remembered.

~19:15,
Hinata calls yuri:
"Yurippe!"
Yuri:
"What a terrible nickname.
But it might have been why everyone followed me.
Thank you"

That's with these lines?
Seems like she disguised her real identity..
Jun 12, 2010 9:27 AM
Jun 2010
imo the bad guy is TK

this guy is wierd and funny at the same time :)

Jun 12, 2010 9:41 AM

Feb 2010
great episode in terms of bringing the action genre back into the series. Naoi's and TK's duel pistoling was fully awesome.

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

Jun 12, 2010 9:42 AM

Jan 2010
This show is a major disappointment for me considering the past key productions...
Jun 12, 2010 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
Aahahahah oh God how I love Ayato. <3

And wtf? I thought Otonashi already knew that Tachibana wasn't an angel.

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 12, 2010 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
Aw, I still relatively like the show.
Jun 12, 2010 10:20 AM

Feb 2009
Okay so now they're making Kanade look like some kind of tool, and Yuri is acting all cool as an ex-leader gone lone-wolf but still fighting for the good of all. Stupid direction the show is taking. -_- Also I see massive brain shutdowns next week with all those sheep having to think for themselves now.

Kanade + Wings = Win.

Toilet Paper + Hypnosis = Win.
Jun 12, 2010 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
A pretty good episode, with this finally the last stage of Angel Beats! has begun. Kanade was as cute as usual and TK also as awesome as usual. Probably the next episode is haruhippe's dissapearance ?

DarkChaplain said:
Ah, just remembered.

~19:15,
Hinata calls yuri:
"Yurippe!"
Yuri:
"What a terrible nickname.
But it might have been why everyone followed me.
Thank you"

That's with these lines?
Seems like she disguised her real identity..

If you read the light novel, Angel Beats! -Track Zero- which tell about the afterworld before Otonashi came (In this story, Hinata become the main character), the one who give nickname Yurippe is Hinata, which she actually didn't really like
Jun 12, 2010 10:58 AM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:

Also, I hate that I can't remember the name of this Christ-dude, because that forces me to refer to him as 'Christ'........

I refer to him as Kleist ^^ since I can't stand him and this doesn't make me call him Christ since he is not the son of god!
Jun 12, 2010 11:30 AM

Jun 2010
I'm newbie in myanimelist, I have read all the posts from page 1 to 8. and you guys have mentioned what I want to say about this episode except one thing : prediction.
I don't know why, from the previous episodes, I can't predict the story after all. no matter how much I try to predict the next episode, I just couldn't imagine at all. but, after seeing this episode, imagination comes to my mind.. imagination of the next episode..
I hope you guys don't mind if I predict stuff and IMHO, in a very plausible way..

well, I, as a big fans of Angel Beats, really hope my prediction won't happen on the next episode.
sorry if my english is bad :)
This is my signature. Can you believe it?
Jun 12, 2010 11:57 AM
Dec 2007
I really really hate how there's only thirteen episodes... it would've been great to see every character's history in detail... :( All we've got were Iwazawa, Otonashi, Yuri, Yui, Hinata (kinda... I don't really get what happened with him...), and..... uh... um. That's all I remember? XD
I wanted to know all the others... :( But then Takamatsu? got eaten. T_T

I liked this episode though :\ And all the rest, but 13 eps just isn't enough for something like this... it's rushing the series ;___;
I have a feeling that everyone will disappear at once in the end? They don't have enough time to poof them all away... T__T

Then Yuri, Otonashi, and Kanade will be like left?
That's what I think. And then something will happen to relieve them... and the world will go on....?

And yeah, it's weird how the big guy (I forgot his name xD Matsxlzsdfdckxjl) didn't appear once in the episode o_o

They need a second season at least. This is retarded...
Jun 12, 2010 12:00 PM

Oct 2009
When does the Battlefront have so many members?

And leave it to TK to dance even when everything is reaching climax soon.. xD
Also, Kanade has beautiful wings which made her even more angel-like now o.o

Jun 12, 2010 12:19 PM
Mar 2010
Beautfiul wings are beautiful
Jun 12, 2010 12:22 PM
May 2010
lmao wow i feel like such a dummy for not realizing that Angel wasn't really an angel!
Jun 12, 2010 12:30 PM

Apr 2008
The pace of the show feels too rushed. Nevertheless, I am still enjoying this series.

Not a masterpiece but still good. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 12, 2010 12:33 PM

Sep 2009
Vento said:
When does the Battlefront have so many members?
They've always had a lot of members, the show just doesn't focus on all of them.
Jun 12, 2010 12:33 PM

May 2010
tomzwalker said:
I'm newbie in myanimelist, I have read all the posts from page 1 to 8. and you guys have mentioned what I want to say about this episode except one thing : prediction.
I don't know why, from the previous episodes, I can't predict the story after all. no matter how much I try to predict the next episode, I just couldn't imagine at all. but, after seeing this episode, imagination comes to my mind.. imagination of the next episode..
I hope you guys don't mind if I predict stuff and IMHO, in a very plausible way..

well, I, as a big fans of Angel Beats, really hope my prediction won't happen on the next episode.
sorry if my english is bad :)

So in short, I think you've got a point when you say it's impossible to predict this show - but that you've then fall into your own trap with your theory. ;)
Jun 12, 2010 12:43 PM

Apr 2009
Hm.
Guild.
Jun 12, 2010 12:55 PM

Oct 2009
Damn they didn't realize that Kanade wasn't really an Angel until now?

Things just feel so rushed with only 13 episodes, I hope they do a remake with more episodes so the other characters will be fleshed out better.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.