Forum Settings
Forums

Have you liked a genre/theme you used to really hate or vice versa ?

New
May 19, 3:25 PM
Mar 2017
Have you loved a genre/theme you used to hate or hated one you used to like ? , what’s that genre/theme ? And why ?
Give Anime examples if you want
May 19, 3:26 PM

May 2019
I used to love battle shonen but now i hate it and can't stand it.
May 19, 3:36 PM

Aug 2018
Hate is such a strong word. I used to not feel much about boys' love, but now I can't stop thinking about it, not just in anime or manga, but in general. It's a beautiful thing.
May 19, 3:45 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to Rhae
Hate is such a strong word. I used to not feel much about boys' love, but now I can't stop thinking about it, not just in anime or manga, but in general. It's a beautiful thing.
@Rhae me too , I was only okay with bl/gl in anime ( back when I was younger) but growing up I started to see how it’s a beautiful and normal thing that society tried to make it look otherwise.
May 19, 3:51 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to ST63LTH
Used to enjoy shounen and harem but now it's so hard to enjoy them.
@ST63LTH do you think it’s bc you got older or bc newer anime of said themes are getting worse ?
May 19, 4:06 PM

Feb 2016
I used to love ecchi/romance sometimes harem genre, and when I said love it was truly love. But now I can barely watch it, I don't hate it, it's just, I don't like it anymore. But I have some good memories of those times, R-15, Highscool DxD... I can only deal with manga of that genre now, but anime? nope :c
May 19, 4:25 PM

Sep 2018
I recently got over my distaste for mecha – I still wouldn't call it love, but big robots going pew pew can actually be pretty hype.
May 19, 4:30 PM

Jul 2017
I got old, and grew out of a lot of things. Romance, SoL, Drama. Particularly anything revolving around high schoolers. Its been long enough for me that I barely remember high school, and I no longer find the trials and tribulations of fictional high school students interesting or engaging.

I'm actually scared to revisit a lot of the series I loved in the past, or to even start new seasons of shows like Hibike Euphonium, because I'm worried I will no longer enjoy them. Or I will even ruin my precious memories of how I loved them in the past.
May 19, 8:05 PM

Jun 2014
I don't really care for Romance and Sports anime, but I liked Spice and Wolf and Kuroko no Basketball.

I also like Fairy Tail despite finding the "power of friendship" trope to be cheesy.
May 19, 8:07 PM

Dec 2023
I hated shonen 'cause it was mainstream, now i like it cuz everything has conditioned me to be dumber.
May 19, 8:08 PM

Feb 2021
used to love harem anime but now its kinda eh, with a few exceptions (tqq)

May 19, 8:35 PM

Apr 2021
Maybe battle shonen, but it really depends. For example battle shonen that rely a lot in the action battles to push forward the plot, thats what i found really boring nowadays. I cant watch a season where we have 10 striaght episodes of characters just fighting.

My examples: I dropped bleach thousand years blood arc part 2, found it really boring but i found part 1 really good, with how they start to establish the antagonist, ichigos mom flashback, etc.

Other example jjk s2 was so difficult to watch, it felt like a battle royale.

on the other hand i liked undead unluck since it was not just fight after fight after fight. Same with hunter x hunter. Which are, if im not mistaken, consider battle shonen and are the most recent ones that i have completed.
May 19, 9:14 PM

Feb 2020
To be honest, I didn't care about CGDCT or idols a few years ago, but now they are one of my favorite things in anime.
May 19, 9:27 PM

May 2018
I wasn't really into slice of life until I hit my 20's... now it's probably my favorite genre.
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 20, 12:31 AM

Jan 2023
I remember I used to think of the slice of life genre as boring before (though I never really 'hated' it I think), but now it's one of my favorite genres :)
May 20, 1:02 AM

Mar 2023
I used to like comedy anime but now i find most of them to be painfully unfunny. I also used to think that Magical Girl anime was just for little girls but nowadays i enjoy a lot of them.
May 20, 1:23 AM

Aug 2019
i used to dont like slice of life genre when i started animes for the first time,
but it's one of my favorites now(especially with iyashikei theme)

also used to like battle shounen sm, but i dont think i can start op from the beginning again

May 20, 3:36 AM

Sep 2016
I somewhat disliked ecchi at the beginning, but now I love it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 20, 5:39 AM

Mar 2012
As a teen I disliked SoL and found battle shounen interesting, it's the exact opposite now, I like SoL but avoid battle shounen. I also used to like reverse harem but it no longer interests me.
May 20, 6:55 AM

Jul 2021
i used to really hate yaoi. i always thought of myself as a big macho straight man but i've changed. now nothing makes the wood rise as good as watching two feminine petit twinks of men whisper and touch each other sensually and teasing each other and slowly but surely the top becoming more and more rough with the bottom with the bottom shivering with excitement, his pants wet with the precum while the top slowly unbuttons his trousers and slips a hand inside to feel his small and cute quivering buddy and strokes it gently while the top moans in pleasure. the top is getting harder and harder, unable to control himself anymore. he slips his thumb you-know-where to check the dialation, its only a few centimeters but the top can't hold it anymore, he whips his member around and starts aggressively shoving it inside, the bottom is conflicted with the amalgamation of pain and pleasure, sometimes he's moaning with pleasure sometimes with pain. the top is liking this, he thrusts deeper inside, it has now reached the farthest part of the bottom, top starts to pull it sending another fury of shiver,pain and pleasure through the bottom's love hole, he does it again, time passes, the frequency increases, the pleasure increases. bottom is in an unstoppable course of orgasms, the top is now nearing his limit, about to bust, he bends down without any hint of slowing down and whispers in the bottom's ear if he would like to taste daddy's home grown yogurt, the bottom's face lights up even more with excitement and desperation, the top starts going faster and faster, he's almost there, unable to hold himself anymore he pulls it out with a pomp sound, grabs the bottom and pulls him towards himself and the thick man yogurt shoots just in time in the open mouth of the bottom, bottom is extremely happy having enjoyed the taste of his daddy's yogurt. both are tired now and then just lay down in the bed with their legs intertwined with each other, savouring every moment of this experience and bathing in it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 20, 7:37 AM
Apr 2022
I used to love Ultraman and power ranger. I still like Tokusatsu tho- just feel weird now.

I don't like horror except junjie ito's.

I like Trigun OG. Don't like Trigun stampede. Vash style changed. I try watch but nah...

I liked magical girl. But now, they're kind of weird.

I like sport anime, but not all. I watch soccer, volleyball, rugby, basketball. I don't really like swimming, skating,
May 20, 7:58 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
There aren't any.

Once I hate or love a genre that would never change :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 20, 9:24 AM

May 2018
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
i used to really hate yaoi. i always thought of myself as a big macho straight man but i've changed. now nothing makes the wood rise as good as watching two feminine petit twinks of men whisper and touch each other sensually and teasing each other and slowly but surely the top becoming more and more rough with the bottom with the bottom shivering with excitement, his pants wet with the precum while the top slowly unbuttons his trousers and slips a hand inside to feel his small and cute quivering buddy and strokes it gently while the top moans in pleasure. the top is getting harder and harder, unable to control himself anymore. he slips his thumb you-know-where to check the dialation, its only a few centimeters but the top can't hold it anymore, he whips his member around and starts aggressively shoving it inside, the bottom is conflicted with the amalgamation of pain and pleasure, sometimes he's moaning with pleasure sometimes with pain. the top is liking this, he thrusts deeper inside, it has now reached the farthest part of the bottom, top starts to pull it sending another fury of shiver,pain and pleasure through the bottom's love hole, he does it again, time passes, the frequency increases, the pleasure increases. bottom is in an unstoppable course of orgasms, the top is now nearing his limit, about to bust, he bends down without any hint of slowing down and whispers in the bottom's ear if he would like to taste daddy's home grown yogurt, the bottom's face lights up even more with excitement and desperation, the top starts going faster and faster, he's almost there, unable to hold himself anymore he pulls it out with a pomp sound, grabs the bottom and pulls him towards himself and the thick man yogurt shoots just in time in the open mouth of the bottom, bottom is extremely happy having enjoyed the taste of his daddy's yogurt. both are tired now and then just lay down in the bed with their legs intertwined with each other, savouring every moment of this experience and bathing in it.
@TsutanaiFuun ............ bro really took the time........
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 20, 10:17 AM

Dec 2016
First it's harem/reverse harem. I liked this genre as I found it fun to bet on who the MC would end up with but slowly I lost interest. I started to find it cringey to see the MC having intimate scenes with multiple characters. It was especially more annoying if my ship didn't turn out to be the endgame.

Second is Slice of Life. I was more into action packed animes so I found SoLs kinda boring but then I discovered that I was more into SoLs focusing on coming of age and childcare more than the ones which focused mostly on romance.
May 20, 10:20 AM

Dec 2019
I dislike slice of life when i started watching anime and after i watched Mushishi everything changed.
May 20, 9:16 PM

Jul 2016
Battle shounens currently irk me atm.

More topics from this board

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - May 30

29 by NickIsaac »»
11 minutes ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

30 by NickIsaac »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

87 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
18 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - May 28

35 by Gashadokur0 »»
46 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 12 hours ago

24 by APolygons2 »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.