Forum Settings
Forums

I am getting more and more the vibes of Parasyte and Jagaaan from this manga...

New
May 11, 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
Seeing how it progress in manga, I can see that all future "kaiju" is going to be humanoid.

And I am getting the vibes that all these "humanoid" are made similar to how Kafka get his monster form, or in other word how MC from Parasyte and Jagaaan got their power...

I feel that the reason eyeball monster came to specifically looking for Kafka has something to do with his past. Knowing how he and Ashiro's background and reason has a super close relation to monster, something like Kafka accidentally save some kind of monsters or something. I really hope that is not the case.

It is also kinda disappointed that despite manga author is using "kaiju" as title, it didn't come out like Gozilla where "kaiju" are all animal-like titan but rather humanoid monster in the end.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
May 11, 2:49 PM
Apr 2022
Not true, not wrong. Anyway, that's a trope from Devilman, which created it, everything else is derivative
May 11, 3:26 PM
Aug 2021
this is NOTHING like parasyte lil bro 😭🫸🫷
May 12, 1:59 AM
Jul 2019
i ain’t readin all that burn jagaaan mentioned!!
May 12, 5:19 AM
Nov 2022
I like how quickly they dropped kafka's knowledge of monsters back when he was in the cleanup crew, it's not like it was the ONE interesting part of early kaiju #8 🙄

The monster designs are okay, but yea, the humanoid designs are a bit boring
May 20, 8:45 AM
Oct 2021
aLotQuestion_ said:
Seeing how it progress in manga, I can see that all future "kaiju" is going to be humanoid.

And I am getting the vibes that all these "humanoid" are made similar to how Kafka get his monster form, or in other word how MC from Parasyte and Jagaaan got their power...

I feel that the reason eyeball monster came to specifically looking for Kafka has something to do with his past. Knowing how he and Ashiro's background and reason has a super close relation to monster, something like Kafka accidentally save some kind of monsters or something. I really hope that is not the case.

It is also kinda disappointed that despite manga author is using "kaiju" as title, it didn't come out like Gozilla where "kaiju" are all animal-like titan but rather humanoid monster in the end.

I've heard the Parasyte comparisons before seems to be more surface level at this point as of course Kaiju no 8 chose to go inside Kafka although we don't know why. We don't know if they're others like Kafka I mean No 9. may be an example but he could be a Kaiju That can turn Human kinda the inverse. I don't remember if it has been confirmed one way or the other.

It mostly gets compared to Attack On Titan and I have already seen someone mention Devilman. However The Author has said Ultraman is the biggest influence on the series. Honestly I haven't watched or read Ultraman so I cannot comment on that but the series has too much comedy in it for me to warrant the Parasyte, Devilman, or AOT comparisons.

Should be noted that obviously The Metamorphis by Franz Kafka was an influence. Not just in the Main Character being named after the Writer but the story is about a normal guy who is transformed into a giant Bug and how he and his family deals with it. It is sometimes mentioned as being an absurd comedy because he doesn't freak out ot anything he just tries to adjust. It is treated as more of an Inconvience than anything else.

I think in virtually any series you someone will pick up different vibes or see inspiration from other series it's pretty common. All a matter of perspective really.
May 20, 8:47 AM
Oct 2021
ReXiRa said:
I like how quickly they dropped kafka's knowledge of monsters back when he was in the cleanup crew, it's not like it was the ONE interesting part of early kaiju #8 🙄

The monster designs are okay, but yea, the humanoid designs are a bit boring

This is someone asking others if they get the same vibes from this story as he did. I don't see why you replied with your opinion on the work itself not right or wrong just not the post for it.
May 21, 11:45 AM
May 2024
I like Kaijuu and have read manga but it's characters are rather bland compared to Parasyte characters- villain and heroes alike.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Chapter 65 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 23, 2022

13 by mikuchuu_ »»
Jun 10, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Chapter 45 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 30, 2021

15 by mikuchuu_ »»
Jun 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Chapter 108 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 6

17 by deg »»
Jun 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Chapter 17 Discussion

Kuma - Nov 12, 2020

11 by mikuchuu_ »»
Jun 4, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Chapter 107 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 23

11 by Softhenic03 »»
May 26, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.