Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 5, 3:40 PM
Jan 2021
I have not watched the old version but people hyped this up a lot so I started watching it but I am kinda bored, I’m not really interested in those merchants stuff. I want to know if this anime is actually just a slice of life of a merchant traveling with a wolf deity or it is more than that?
May 5, 3:45 PM

Jan 2023
It’s basically a slice of life with economics involved. Well the second season of the original has conflict but that’s another thing.
May 5, 3:48 PM
Jan 2021
BitChilly said:
It’s basically a slice of life with economics involved. Well the second season of the original has conflict but that’s another thing.

I see, then it is not for me
May 5, 3:51 PM
Feb 2021
this show has a lot of dialogue alot of economics and slice of life and romance with a fox girl.
u can learn economics while having a fox girl accompanying u, it a win-win situation
May 5, 4:11 PM
Dec 2022
economics, trade, romance and you know, a reflection on one's self worth. i like it.
May 5, 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
Adventure anime with wolf diety waifu, economics and little bit or potential romance in a setting based on medieval Europe.

May 5, 4:38 PM

Sep 2018
Mostly Lawrence loving his wolf waifu and trying to profit from trading. Sometimes overlaps
May 5, 5:58 PM
Sep 2021
mate you literally rot your brain on battle shounen, obviously you're bored
May 5, 8:46 PM
Oct 2022
a guy meeting a wolf girl
May 5, 9:37 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Tan_2
BitChilly said:

I see, then it is not for me
@Tan_2 I understand... °-°...
May 5, 10:32 PM
Jan 2021
lFrogs said:
mate you literally rot your brain on battle shounen, obviously you're bored

A quick look at my profile could have prevented this
May 5, 11:33 PM
Jul 2014
It's all about E C O N O M I C S
May 6, 12:49 AM

Nov 2019
So, what exactly ia the point of thy thread again? There's already a premise, yet OP just showed his incapability of reading comprehension. Children of North America must refrain from circulating thoughts and thinking independently nowadays.
SgtBateManMay 6, 12:58 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 6, 12:55 AM

Sep 2016
Tan_2 said:
I’m not really interested in those merchants stuff.

Me neither, I watch and like the show solely because Holo is such a top-tier lady.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 6, 1:13 AM
Apr 2024
Personally, it's good because in this anime we are taught about economics and trade at a time when salt was the price of gold. Maybe the question arises again, why is it connected to trading, right? That's what makes this anime interesting.

NOTED.
I'm reviewing the original version of the anime, not this Reboot.

🙏SPOILER ALERTS🙏
The main character in this story is Craft Lawrence, a trader who travels for his business. He aspires to create his own shop and settle down as a city trader. Lawrence's distinctive features are white hair, a little beard and a jacket (maybe made of leather, right?. His nature is very ambitious in pursuing profits and brave in taking risks for the sake of profit. but he is not the type of person who sells anything for profit, for example he once said "I am not the type of trader who picks wild berries on the side of the road to sell just looking for profit."

Next is the main female character or heroine, Horo, a woman with kenomimi or animal ears. According to the story, she was a goddess who was worshiped as the goddess of harvest in a small village. Her real identity is that she is a big wolf but can change her form as a beautiful young girl. Horo is actually not a creature born in that area, she left her hometown of Yoitsu hundreds of years ago to the south. until a young man asked for his help to fertilize his village's land in order to get an abundant harvest. Eventually she settled in that area and was worshiped as a harvest goddess for hundreds of years after the young man's death.

This anime is in the historical romance genre which is quite good, for those of you who like the action genre, maybe you will feel bored because this anime is not an anime that emphasizes conflict with lots of fighting. But that doesn't mean this anime isn't interesting. In the first episode, Horo's initial meeting with Lawrence is told. At first Horo asked Lawrence to take her to the north, Yoitsu, her hometown to return to her friends there. The story between these two characters is very unique because in the anime, Horo often pranks Lawrence, but Lawrence can only go along with the pranks resignedly. Even though it is said to be romance, Lawrence doesn't really express her feelings for Horo.

Apart from the interesting story, the musical elements in this anime are also good and pleasant to listen to. My opinion, the opening can make you emotional. If you absorb the lyrics for both season 1 and season 2. The original soundtrack is also pleasant to listen to, featuring violins and wind instruments such as flutes and others. There is something interesting about the anime and light novel versions, in the anime there is a character named Chloe, but in the light novel version, this character is not there but there is Yarei. Even so, the character Chloe in the anime only appears in episodes 1-3 in season 1.

EASTER EGG.
If you have ever watched the anime Durarara!!! Maybe in the first episode you have seen the appearance of the Horo poster brought by Yamazaki and the gang.
May 6, 3:30 AM
Jul 2020
Economics, drama, romance and wolf waifu.
May 6, 3:32 AM
Jan 2021
SgtBateMan said:
So, what exactly ia the point of thy thread again? There's already a premise, yet OP just showed his incapability of reading comprehension. Children of North America must refrain from circulating thoughts and thinking independently nowadays.

I don’t see how this show my incapacity of reading comprehension? There are certains shows that start with a certain premise then gradually dive deeper into it and adding other plot points. I thought this anime was the same but apparently it is about politics, economics and slice of life which isn’t my type of show.
May 6, 3:33 AM
Jan 2021
Asahinchi said:
Personally, it's good because in this anime we are taught about economics and trade at a time when salt was the price of gold. Maybe the question arises again, why is it connected to trading, right? That's what makes this anime interesting.

NOTED.
I'm reviewing the original version of the anime, not this Reboot.

🙏SPOILER ALERTS🙏
The main character in this story is Craft Lawrence, a trader who travels for his business. He aspires to create his own shop and settle down as a city trader. Lawrence's distinctive features are white hair, a little beard and a jacket (maybe made of leather, right?. His nature is very ambitious in pursuing profits and brave in taking risks for the sake of profit. but he is not the type of person who sells anything for profit, for example he once said "I am not the type of trader who picks wild berries on the side of the road to sell just looking for profit."

Next is the main female character or heroine, Horo, a woman with kenomimi or animal ears. According to the story, she was a goddess who was worshiped as the goddess of harvest in a small village. Her real identity is that she is a big wolf but can change her form as a beautiful young girl. Horo is actually not a creature born in that area, she left her hometown of Yoitsu hundreds of years ago to the south. until a young man asked for his help to fertilize his village's land in order to get an abundant harvest. Eventually she settled in that area and was worshiped as a harvest goddess for hundreds of years after the young man's death.

This anime is in the historical romance genre which is quite good, for those of you who like the action genre, maybe you will feel bored because this anime is not an anime that emphasizes conflict with lots of fighting. But that doesn't mean this anime isn't interesting. In the first episode, Horo's initial meeting with Lawrence is told. At first Horo asked Lawrence to take her to the north, Yoitsu, her hometown to return to her friends there. The story between these two characters is very unique because in the anime, Horo often pranks Lawrence, but Lawrence can only go along with the pranks resignedly. Even though it is said to be romance, Lawrence doesn't really express her feelings for Horo.

Apart from the interesting story, the musical elements in this anime are also good and pleasant to listen to. My opinion, the opening can make you emotional. If you absorb the lyrics for both season 1 and season 2. The original soundtrack is also pleasant to listen to, featuring violins and wind instruments such as flutes and others. There is something interesting about the anime and light novel versions, in the anime there is a character named Chloe, but in the light novel version, this character is not there but there is Yarei. Even so, the character Chloe in the anime only appears in episodes 1-3 in season 1.

EASTER EGG.
If you have ever watched the anime Durarara!!! Maybe in the first episode you have seen the appearance of the Horo poster brought by Yamazaki and the gang.

Thank you for the answer, those are some interesting point. I might or might not continue watching since I am really not interested in the premise.
And yes I watched durarara but a long time ago so I don’t remember her appearing lol
May 6, 3:45 AM
Apr 2023
Do you know if you just simply read what the shows about you could have been able to tell right away because the show tells you and seriously this thread is stupid why do people like you only watch battle shonen? I enjoy a good shown in like everyone else, but I can also enjoy excellent show like spice and wolf as well.
May 6, 7:04 AM
Feb 2020
Tan_2 said:
I have not watched the old version but people hyped this up a lot so I started watching it but I am kinda bored, I’m not really interested in those merchants stuff. I want to know if this anime is actually just a slice of life of a merchant traveling with a wolf deity or it is more than that?

Not a slice of life, the og didn’t include book 4 don’t listen to the fools (teasing yall ain’t actually fools) that are the anime onlys! The slice of life stuff is 1 of the 3 things it is. The others is it’s an economic based anime about him and his companion traveling to the north and trying to be profitable. 3# most importantly it’s about the pagan gods. I don’t know how to add spoiler tag so major spoiler right here. But holos homeland was destroyed by the moon hunting bear the most powerful pagan god that fought the land serpent. Book two and three start to hint at the more pagan stuff but it’s fully unveiled at book 4 and onward. Where pagan based events become the main staple. That at probably the dawn of Christ all pagan spirits were born in the north. All are things of great power. This is how this story develops. Eventually growing the lonely nature of holo and Lawrence together in marriage. As her comrades are far long dead. It’s a slow start. But the books are just something else. That’s why this remake needed to happen is specifically book 4 it’s an amazing romance that has a bit of everything. Think of it like steins gate. It’s starts very very slow! Also binge it. It’s better to binge it as there’s small hints you don’t pick up on otherwise. Just wait till it’s done then watch it.
May 6, 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
Astrid_Bear said:
Tan_2 said:

Not a slice of life, the og didn’t include book 4 don’t listen to the fools (teasing yall ain’t actually fools) that are the anime onlys! The slice of life stuff is 1 of the 3 things it is. The others is it’s an economic based anime about him and his companion traveling to the north and trying to be profitable. 3# most importantly it’s about the pagan gods. I don’t know how to add spoiler tag so major spoiler right here. But holos homeland was destroyed by the moon hunting bear the most powerful pagan god that fought the land serpent. Book two and three start to hint at the more pagan stuff but it’s fully unveiled at book 4 and onward. Where pagan based events become the main staple. That at probably the dawn of Christ all pagan spirits were born in the north. All are things of great power. This is how this story develops. Eventually growing the lonely nature of holo and Lawrence together in marriage. As her comrades are far long dead. It’s a slow start. But the books are just something else. That’s why this remake needed to happen is specifically book 4 it’s an amazing romance that has a bit of everything. Think of it like steins gate. It’s starts very very slow! Also binge it. It’s better to binge it as there’s small hints you don’t pick up on otherwise. Just wait till it’s done then watch it.

I see, thank you for the answer and the spoiler made me interested a bit. Maybe I’ll binge it as you say
May 7, 3:12 PM
Mar 2021
Economics the anime also romance 2 lonley souls
May 10, 11:24 AM
May 2019
Reply to Piromysl
Adventure anime with wolf diety waifu, economics and little bit or potential romance in a setting based on medieval Europe.
@Piromysl More than enough to want to watch it. Not everything has to be superheroes beat up supervillians to be good.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
May 10, 11:21 PM

Jul 2022
Holo and economics. Can't get a better combo than that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

56 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

54 by matias067 »»
Yesterday, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

70 by jeffersondkid »»
Yesterday, 12:56 AM

» Binge

Astrid_Bear - May 27

19 by APolygons2 »»
May 28, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

119 by MattJpX »»
May 28, 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.