Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 4, 3:35 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Starting when she was hit with the basketball, she was staring at him.
I was wondering when such a thing happened, while seeing S1 and even after finishing S2, but now that I got to read the manga, I found this extra: (Chapter 119.1 Twitter extras)

http://imgur.com/a/b4Qkw1m.jpg
(kinda wanted to show it directly, but [I"mg]link[/"img] is NOT working for me somehow, I inserted " " on purpose, to show the code)

According to that, it was during October, which must be after the basketball incident, because starting episode 4 of S1 when she hears the blazer (and the cardigan), then she is already interested in him, even asking him to let her ride his bike.
But it actually makes more sense if it was when she was hit with the ball in the nose, that was the moment she was like really getting really interested in him.

I was under the assumption she liked him since the start of the series, but that is not true, she just liked to eat snacks, thus found the library and from them started to interact with him more, and since she is an easygoing person was just chilling around until she starts to pay attention to his actions (episode 1 ending was the trigger when she started to find him funny and a bit interesting).

When the like started, it seems harder to say, by the end of ep6 of S1, she was definitely into him, so it feels like it was between ep5-6 of S1, subtly.

Also, you must say, why are you using the anime as a reference? Well, I have yet to read the start of the manga, and will do so when I catch up to the release of the manga, until then I only have the anime reference, and this picture was from the manga too, so found it better to do here, while asking for other opinions, to check my theory is right or not.
May 4, 5:54 PM

Jul 2021
Damn good post, i also wondered when she started to be interested in him, precisely because it was at the beginning that the romance between them developed in a very good way, props to them for creating a good romance between them that isn't too forced or anything real.
May 4, 6:14 PM
Nov 2018
I have been kind of curious about it, too. I'll have to reread it. I can think of it a few times but not to sure the order of them anymore.
May 4, 6:17 PM
Mar 2021
I feel like it's more curiosity at first and then becomes interest (in the sense of already being comfortable with him but wanting to tease a bit and learn more) and then progresses more explicitly.
May 4, 7:16 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Hacker075 said:
I feel like it's more curiosity at first and then becomes interest (in the sense of already being comfortable with him but wanting to tease a bit and learn more) and then progresses more explicitly.

Exactly, this is is how I felt after going back and re-watching , her first interactions with him are more casual (it is just she being friendly), later on starting with ep5 and ep6 you start to see her being a bit playful, it not in your face, but it is a change, to the point she then starts to come to the library just to be with him and eating snacks or studying is more superfluous, and an excuse she uses to see him.

Since we don't see her PoV or thoughts, I was curious when was the moment that made the spark for her, but as I got addicted to binge the anime, I kept going and then never truly realized it.
Upon another re watch or reading the Manga these details should add a lot to the experience.

Onedux said:
Damn good post, i also wondered when she started to be interested in him, precisely because it was at the beginning that the romance between them developed in a very good way, props to them for creating a good romance between them that isn't too forced or anything real.

Exactly, this has me having more appreciation for the start now since I was under the impression she liked him before the anime starts, thus didn't like we never got to see what triggered it and was a bit letdown by it, hoping that eventually the Manga would touch on this, not realized it was all in the details.
PlaycoolMay 4, 7:22 PM
May 4, 11:53 PM
Jan 2022
Playcool said:
Starting when she was hit with the basketball, she was staring at him.
I was wondering when such a thing happened, while seeing S1 and even after finishing S2, but now that I got to read the manga, I found this extra: (Chapter 119.1 Twitter extras)

http://imgur.com/a/b4Qkw1m.jpg
(kinda wanted to show it directly, but [I"mg]link[/"img] is NOT working for me somehow, I inserted " " on purpose, to show the code)

According to that, it was during October, which must be after the basketball incident, because starting episode 4 of S1 when she hears the blazer (and the cardigan), then she is already interested in him, even asking him to let her ride his bike.
But it actually makes more sense if it was when she was hit with the ball in the nose, that was the moment she was like really getting really interested in him.

I was under the assumption she liked him since the start of the series, but that is not true, she just liked to eat snacks, thus found the library and from them started to interact with him more, and since she is an easygoing person was just chilling around until she starts to pay attention to his actions (episode 1 ending was the trigger when she started to find him funny and a bit interesting).

When the like started, it seems harder to say, by the end of ep6 of S1, she was definitely into him, so it feels like it was between ep5-6 of S1, subtly.

Also, you must say, why are you using the anime as a reference? Well, I have yet to read the start of the manga, and will do so when I catch up to the release of the manga, until then I only have the anime reference, and this picture was from the manga too, so found it better to do here, while asking for other opinions, to check my theory is right or not.

She became curious about him after the bike incident, thinking he was funny (the second highest compliment to Yamada, the highest being cute), thought he was a friend and interesting person around the basketball incident, but just slightly before it. She began to like him after the milk tea following the workplace visit, and truly realised after he held her hands to hide the chocolate from the librarian.

There's an extra for it around the 120-ish mark of the manga showing the timeline (which I noticed you linked already).

*edited for clarity
May 5, 10:35 PM

Oct 2014
Keep in mind the anime rearranged some chapters slightly to make it flow better.

The bike incident is when she noticed him and thought “He’s funny”

Likely the basketball incident is when it changed to “he’s interesting” (same time he fell for her)

And its likely the Milk tea, melting chocolate scene where she likely fell for him

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Chapter 145 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 20

14 by Kamquat420 »»
Yesterday, 2:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Chapter 146 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 4

0 by MegamiRem »»
Jun 4, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Chapter 20 Discussion

Dessssy - Nov 13, 2019

6 by MasagoYaki »»
Jun 4, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Chapter 144 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 6

17 by Komlan_6 »»
May 24, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Chapter 143 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Apr 23

13 by Komlan_6 »»
May 22, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.