Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 4, 2:26 AM
Feb 2023
I was watching the recap of season 1, and All Might mentioned about how the first user of OFA had a quirk inside of him that nobody had picked up on (his power to pass on quirks). This gave me an idea - what if nobody is actually quirkless? My theory is that nobody has no quirk - they just have quirks that you could never notice - for example, they get tired slower, or need only 3 hours of sleep on average. This could be argued against when you remember Dr Ujiko explained about how the anatomy of your foot can tell you if you are quirkless or not - but seeing as he is
, I don't really know if we can trust it. Even if that's not a valid reason to distrust him, it could not be linked with being quirkless at all, because if, like I said, everyone had a quirk, it could just be linked to something else, or perhaps how strong your quirk is? Any arguments or opinions?
May 4, 2:50 AM
Oct 2018
I mean I see where you’re coming from, but it’s hard to dismiss the extra joint people with quirks have. The doctor is also the originator of the Quirk Singularity Theory, so although he is the right hand man, its hard to say he’d put out misinforming scientific work with ill intent in mind, after all he’s a scientist before anything else. Also hard to dismiss the extra joint just due to the fact that if not a symptom of quirk genes then what could it be? Not like something in the air can just make specific people start growing an extra joint.
May 4, 4:53 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to pyromaniac7
I mean I see where you’re coming from, but it’s hard to dismiss the extra joint people with quirks have. The doctor is also the originator of the Quirk Singularity Theory, so although he is the right hand man, its hard to say he’d put out misinforming scientific work with ill intent in mind, after all he’s a scientist before anything else. Also hard to dismiss the extra joint just due to the fact that if not a symptom of quirk genes then what could it be? Not like something in the air can just make specific people start growing an extra joint.
@pyromaniac7 it's not the extra joint that they grow, it's the joint that they lose.'Quirkless' people have this joint, and the theory is that those with quirks lost it as 'they are the next stage of human evolution'. This, like I said, could be related to the power of the quirk. Additinally, I would be interested to know if the first user had this joint. Since Dr Ujiko developed this theory, and he was
, I'm surprised he didn't test the first user for the lack of the joint.
May 4, 8:37 AM
Mar 2023
it is interesting and ofc the joint thing could be explained to be incorrect by the magaka later on but as of rn if what we've been told is true then the theory is impossible. you're right in that the quirk singularity theory could be wrong etc but it's unlikely
May 4, 9:18 AM
Jul 2020
I don’t know how far you are in the series, but there’s a particular reason we know for a fact that Deku is naturally quirkless
May 4, 9:57 AM
Nov 2022
There’s just zero evidence of this. A good theory would have some kind of baseline to it, but this is pure speculation based on a niche idea.
May 4, 10:27 AM
Jan 2022
ep 1, the fight is something bro
May 4, 10:59 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to AustinJamB
I don’t know how far you are in the series, but there’s a particular reason we know for a fact that Deku is naturally quirkless
@AustinJamB I'm caught up to the anime
May 4, 11:01 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Buny0058
There’s just zero evidence of this. A good theory would have some kind of baseline to it, but this is pure speculation based on a niche idea.
@Buny0058 there's no concrete evidence but it's based on the fact that the first OFA user had a quirk nobody knew about because it was completely unnoticeable outside of specific circumstances, it basically had to interact with AFO to have any purpose. Since he had a basically useless quirk, as was considered quirkless, I am wondering if all other quirkless individuals are like this.
May 4, 11:07 AM
Mar 2021
could be ,that story will be a finale,a mystery ,depends on mangaka how he'l finish it,but also there are common people who are weak cannot fight at all,or they haven't awakened there querk yet, this story is oly focused on who has awakened the querks and weak society (cmn pple) ,ur theory if everyone has querks ,it wouldn't be tht good bcs the world consist of all kind of biengs weak,stng,prful,pwless,depnds on diff environments,culture,beliefs,or diff races or animls, think it clsly if chicken,cow,plants has querks doesn't tht mean humns gain frm them .
i think it depends on particular humns who has faced danger and awaked the querks by something, but tht sourse of power haven't mentioned yet so lets see in finale..
Anime Rules the world
May 4, 1:08 PM

Jul 2023
Sir_Zedmore said:
@Buny0058 there's no concrete evidence but it's based on the fact that the first OFA user had a quirk nobody knew about because it was completely unnoticeable outside of specific circumstances, it basically had to interact with AFO to have any purpose. Since he had a basically useless quirk, as was considered quirkless, I am wondering if all other quirkless individuals are like this.

Just because the first One For All user had a dormant quirk that needed to be interacted with to work, doesn’t mean the entire population has potential to undergo the same thing or have a quirk of their own they don’t know about.

It’s really just speculation based off of one person’s awakening, there’s not enough examples of people with dormant quirks to give rise to that idea.
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
May 4, 1:09 PM
May 2021
Sir_Zedmore said:
I was watching the recap of season 1, and All Might mentioned about how the first user of OFA had a quirk inside of him that nobody had picked up on (his power to pass on quirks). This gave me an idea - what if nobody is actually quirkless? My theory is that nobody has no quirk - they just have quirks that you could never notice - for example, they get tired slower, or need only 3 hours of sleep on average. This could be argued against when you remember Dr Ujiko explained about how the anatomy of your foot can tell you if you are quirkless or not - but seeing as he is
, I don't really know if we can trust it. Even if that's not a valid reason to distrust him, it could not be linked with being quirkless at all, because if, like I said, everyone had a quirk, it could just be linked to something else, or perhaps how strong your quirk is? Any arguments or opinions?

Hmm... I suppose that could be viable for some - but don't forget that quirks slowly became a thing. Perhaps everyone had been obtaining "useless quirks" beforehand before the shining baby was born, but I doubt everyone in the world would miss noticing it. I know it's already a big theory that Midoriya had a quirk which the doctor covered up - but I doubt it would be a viable theory for the quirkless population (20% of humanity). Who knows, though. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're wrong. Guess we'll have to see with time! <33
CrowVangeanceMay 4, 1:35 PM
May 4, 6:14 PM
Dec 2020
Spoilers for around Season 7 iirc (I don't know how to tag them):

Most OFA users age faster and die young because of having 2 quirks. All Might and Deku didn't go through this because they were completely quirkless, thus going from having 0 quirks to having 1. if they had a useless one, they'd age and die like the other users
May 5, 5:20 AM
Dec 2022
Yeah this theory pops up from different people ALOT but it’s been deproven in a YouTube I’ll try to link
May 5, 8:57 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Paharo05
Spoilers for around Season 7 iirc (I don't know how to tag them):

Most OFA users age faster and die young because of having 2 quirks. All Might and Deku didn't go through this because they were completely quirkless, thus going from having 0 quirks to having 1. if they had a useless one, they'd age and die like the other users
@Paharo05 I mean, it's pretty much disproved then because the mangaka wouldn't just write that in - it's disproven for plot. But, scientifically, that wouldn't disprove my idea because, like I said, it could be based on the strength of the quirk.
May 5, 8:58 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Imxgold
Yeah this theory pops up from different people ALOT but it’s been deproven in a YouTube I’ll try to link
@Imxgold please do! I haven't seen it before!
May 7, 6:13 PM
Jul 2023
Sir_Zedmore said:

that's an interesting theory that I think has high chances to be proven true
May 9, 8:27 PM
Aug 2020
pyromaniac7 said:

then again consider the author had no reason to show him as the specific doctor midoroya goes to, to find out he has no quirk, unless there is going to be some sort of outcome to that scene.

this for me is mha's checkov's trebuchet

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

216 by Mortal150 »»
May 14, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

262 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 10, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

438 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.