Forum Settings
Forums
New
do you engage or ignore what you hate?
May 3, 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
is negativity bias not that strong on you if you voted ignore more?
May 3, 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
I mostly avoid things I hate, if possible.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 3, 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
votes so far is different than how social media loves engagement through toxicity and fake news
May 3, 11:09 AM

Feb 2018
If it's something necessary to learn i need to engage and learn to get better at it
May 3, 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
"do you engage or ignore what you hate?"

I usually ignore.
May 3, 11:49 AM

May 2013
Depends on if I'm having fun.

Love to hate sorta thing. Some stuff not so much, I try and avoid a specific ship on Twitter because that is hella lame and it usually works.

I also try and avoid culture war stuff unless it is funny.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 3, 1:25 PM
Mar 2009
if I dislike something why should I waste time on it? I mean it´s just wasting time. I mean the average time a man live is 68.9 years why waste on on shit when you can spend it on things that makes you happy ? I do make exceptions like I hate the woke culture but I find it fun to argue with people that have no brain at all so it´s a win win.
May 3, 5:42 PM

Feb 2018
I try to ignore it most of the time, but sometimes I go down a rabbit hole online. End up looking up stuff that I know is just going to make me mad.
May 3, 8:30 PM

Aug 2018
There's something alluring about wanting to know more about what I hate, I don't know why.
May 4, 1:18 AM

Dec 2018
i'm not a confrontational person anyway, so i always end up ignoring, as i personally see no point
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 4, 4:04 AM

Nov 2019
May 4, 5:18 AM
Dec 2021
Engage. Look at all the horrible anime I’ve seen

May 4, 5:42 AM

Jul 2013
I avoid shitty things...like Hollywood movies and Call of Duty games.
May 4, 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
well, im posting on mal forums so i obviously engage with some of that

but in general im pretty good at not falling into that sort of feedback loop with negativity. i dont seek it out, i dont feel a compulsion to. i dont have a twitter or anything like that so it is largely easy to avoid

May 4, 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
I ignore what I hate...like rap music or Pokemon...
May 4, 8:46 AM

Nov 2023
When you confront what you hate, you dance with the abyss. You grapple with your inner demons, and in doing so, you gain self-awareness. Hate is often a mirror reflecting our own wounded pride, our insecurities, and our unmet desires. Engaging with it allows you to dissect its roots, to understand why it festers within you. Essentially, I only engage with something I hate if it’s worth doing so and will lead to better self-understanding.

On the other hand, the path of ignorance is easy. All you have to do is turn away from what you despise, to shield your eyes from its ugliness. But this sort of complacency is the refuge of the weak, the feeble-minded. It numbs the senses, dulls the blade of existence. To ignore what you hate is to deny a part of yourself. A delicate balance is required. Striking a delicate balance is necessary. I try my best to only ignore what I hate when engaging with it won’t allow me to harness the raw, primal force that hatred contains.

I believe that every feeling that naturally emerges upon experiencing something can be made to serve if one maintains a high level of conscious awareness of what exactly the feeling is i.e. its nature and wholeheartedly commits to becoming a better/stronger person.

TLDR: Depends on the nature of the thing that I hate. There is utility in both engaging and ignoring what you hate.

Maleficent 🖤
May 4, 8:50 AM

Nov 2017
Whilst there are times to criticize, condemn, and complain, I prefer to keep that as limited as I possibly can! So I generally ignore stuff I dislike or I know will end up upsetting me
StarchaserMay 4, 11:58 AM
May 4, 10:57 AM

Feb 2020
Depends on how I feel at the time, and also depends on the subject and if I have enough knowledge or actual experience of it firsthand. Usually I don't ignore though.
May 4, 7:54 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
More often than not I do not engage, but it can be useful to do so in moderation.
May 5, 7:54 AM

Jul 2013
I hate wasting my time convincing random people online that NTHE will happen...but I have no choice but to engage in this activity.
May 5, 8:23 AM

Jul 2023
I do not bother anymore and have not in some time. It was little profit whenever I did so historically; the activity of despising something or someone is a tedious and unfun way to spend time.
May 5, 8:29 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to DesuMaiden
I hate wasting my time convincing random people online that NTHE will happen...but I have no choice but to engage in this activity.
@DesuMaiden What does it matter, if the NTHE will happen anyway, then it's completely pointless to inform people about it and you should spare yourself all that futile effort.
May 5, 8:34 AM

Jul 2023
@Zarutaku Though this may be speculative, I believe that that is a great part of the fun DesuMaiden is having here in this venue. I personally like these grim and gray prognostications. It adds a flavor of impending doom and hopelessness to an otherwise ordinary forum. A touch of eccentricity, whether sincere or insincere, always livens up a place.
May 5, 8:36 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Longnines
@Zarutaku Though this may be speculative, I believe that that is a great part of the fun DesuMaiden is having here in this venue. I personally like these grim and gray prognostications. It adds a flavor of impending doom and hopelessness to an otherwise ordinary forum. A touch of eccentricity, whether sincere or insincere, always livens up a place.
@Longnines I wouldn't mind it either if he didn't spam the same shit over and over and over like a demented madman.
May 5, 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
Reply to DesuMaiden
@DesuMaiden Have you heard of David Korowisz and his piece on supply chain contagion? Could tickle your whiskers reading the stuff he wrote.
May 5, 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Longnines
@Longnines thanks for the compliment...I enjoyed it...
May 5, 1:20 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Sometimes I will, other times it's not worth it. It honestly depends on how stupid or unreasonable I think the person is.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes

More topics from this board

» Twitter is officially X.com now

deg - Today

23 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» I showed the music that I've produced to my father, he liked it

weirdmusty7 - Today

16 by Kwanthemaster »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 10

74 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
23 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

31 by DesuMaiden »»
57 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

54 by DesuMaiden »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.