Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 2, 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
Who in their right mind thinks that I am going to believe that this guy was somehow a merchant with business sense, and yet every single decision he makes after coming to a new world is stupid and rooted in terrible, bordering on nonexistent logic? This man has been nothing but a dullard and a clueless idiot since the start of this series, why should I support him?
May 2, 1:50 PM
Jan 2022
you did support him by watching epiaodes and posting comments :)
May 2, 1:52 PM
Nov 2018
You shouldn't have to support him! You can start with stop watching this series!
May 2, 1:54 PM
Aug 2022
Well bro, who thought that you want a character like ayanokouji to get isekaied and then continue from there on with his 999+ iq.
Well there are some isekai anime with smart protagonist, you can watch them instead.
May 2, 2:20 PM
Jul 2019
I agree with everything you said man, but I also like MCs dumb enough for me to self-insert :)
May 2, 2:23 PM
Dec 2021
It’s easier than putting in some effort and writing a good character. And apparently it sells well anyways.

May 2, 2:24 PM

Sep 2018
I thought the mc was ok. His niavety could be explained by him being new to the world.
May 2, 2:45 PM
Jul 2020
As far as Isekai protagonists go, this one is actually pretty aight, no?

He has an ideology, albeit a weak one.

He’s a merchant with some skills.

And I don’t think he was particularly stupid any time?

He was confused at first, but he very quickly realised his power is pretty much infinite and has been acting quite accordingly so far.
May 2, 3:18 PM

Apr 2021
You are claiming this MC is “senseless, stupid, illogical, a dullard, clueless, an idiot”, but that just proves you have no clue what is actually going on in the anime.

I think he is one of the smartest isekai-ed MCs I have ever watched.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 2, 3:44 PM

Jan 2014
It’s what sells?
"Most people don't try to become adults, they just can't stay children any longer."
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
May 2, 4:31 PM
Feb 2024
@ejleon Bingo. Flio has figured out just how powerscaled he got pretty quickly, he was experimenting at the beginning of episode 2, and by episode 4, he *knows* he's OP and that him taking part in the war on either side would be an utter bloodbath. The course he's going to take is actually really interesting and I don't think I've ever seen it happen in anime, let alone an Isekai.
May 2, 4:33 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Paulternative
@ejleon Bingo. Flio has figured out just how powerscaled he got pretty quickly, he was experimenting at the beginning of episode 2, and by episode 4, he *knows* he's OP and that him taking part in the war on either side would be an utter bloodbath. The course he's going to take is actually really interesting and I don't think I've ever seen it happen in anime, let alone an Isekai.
@Paulternative I totally agree with your summation.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 2, 5:47 PM
Aug 2022
Guess it just fits the theme of the series, the focus is a slow life and isekai so I guess the author just used the MC decision’s to take the story to a pacific setting.(sorry english is not my 1st language)
May 2, 7:31 PM
Sep 2021
can you at least explain what dumb decisions he actually made

god this reminded me of when kingdoms of ruin was airing and everyone was calling the MC dumb for no reasons at all or for dumb reasons that prove they weren't paying attention
May 2, 7:33 PM
Sep 2021
ejleon said:
You are claiming this MC is “senseless, stupid, illogical, a dullard, clueless, an idiot”, but that just proves you have no clue what is actually going on in the anime.

yeah like

the OP doesn't even explain his point he just calls the MC an idiot with no eloberation

and the rest of the comments are bunch of sheep who regurgitate the same garbage opinion
May 2, 9:00 PM
Nov 2018
Can you at least explain why Flio is stupid?

Is it because he won't get involved with the war? Flio is against prejudices so openly fighting the demons or humans would open more hostiles.

He doesn't go back to the human kingdom? They kidnapped (summon) people from other worlds a lot, looking for there hero. I wouldn't go back either.

He's a merchant and not doing anything with it? Of course not he was summon to a new world he wouldn't know anything about. Plus that requires resources and contacts of which he doesn't have.

He's welcoming people as a wife and new allies? Eventually you would think that was going to happen.

Anything else?
MoppitMay 2, 11:11 PM
May 2, 9:30 PM
Aug 2023
Can you provide examples of the stupid, nonsensical decisions he’s made? Are you simply referring to his calm demeanor in the face of things or people that may be “threats” to him? Perhaps his unwillingness to participate in the war after the king basically casts him aside to die thinking he was powerless? “Marrying” Fenrys? Keeping the women from the kingdom around? If it’s none of those (which are all rooted in decent logic), then Idk what to tell you, other than maybe we’re not watching the same show 🤷‍♂️
May 3, 2:17 AM
Aug 2023
The mc isn't stupid he's generic and the story is too and there's nothing special besides the female mc and the opening
May 3, 4:30 AM
Dec 2022
bledsoe60 said:
Who in their right mind thinks that I am going to believe that this guy was somehow a merchant with business sense, and yet every single decision he makes after coming to a new world is stupid and rooted in terrible, bordering on nonexistent logic? This man has been nothing but a dullard and a clueless idiot since the start of this series, why should I support him?

At least the protagonist from this isekai anime does not support slavery which is a low bar for isekai anime. I am also sorta glad that this isekai anime is not a harem/ecchi anime which many isekai anime tend to be. I have got personally more good things to say about this anime even though I do agree the MC can be stupid at times.
May 3, 9:03 AM
Nov 2022
bledsoe60 said:

Uhhh It’s probably just an excuse for not to having to write a complex story, and it works ngl😂
May 3, 9:40 AM
May 2022
bledsoe60 said:

“Why should I support him”
Lmao 😂 the author ain’t begging for your approval. How about you simply stop watching.
May 3, 10:49 AM
Oct 2021
bledsoe60 said:

Because people love to watch cringe Isekai. As long there is a harem they will watch it. Anyway this show is cringe dropped it after ep 4.
May 3, 12:56 PM
Sep 2008
Compared with other isekai MC he isn't that bad.

Should any one support him, most likely not just meh.
May 3, 1:06 PM

May 2021
So lowest common denominator can identify with main character and enjoy the fantasy. Being irritated by this kind of garbage only means you are not the target audience. Well having touched a female before in your life pretty much excludes you. No others have fantasy of harem with which they don't do anything.
May 4, 8:32 AM
Mar 2024
just stop this nonsense discussion cause if you do not like anything about the anime then just drop it plz don't do it for any hate cause even if the anime is bad (which I don't think so) the opening song is just too good bro..
May 6, 3:22 AM
Jan 2023
bledsoe60 said:

genuin question: which descision specifically was so wrong that u felt the urge to say that?
May 6, 3:23 AM
Jan 2023
TheMageDalamar said:
you did support him by watching epiaodes and posting comments :)

mate, he's talkin' 'bout the protag. not the series in general
May 6, 3:23 AM
Jan 2023
rohan121 said:
I thought the mc was ok. His niavety could be explained by him being new to the world.

Totally agree with that take.
May 6, 3:24 AM
Jan 2023
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
As far as Isekai protagonists go, this one is actually pretty aight, no?

He has an ideology, albeit a weak one.

He’s a merchant with some skills.

And I don’t think he was particularly stupid any time?

He was confused at first, but he very quickly realised his power is pretty much infinite and has been acting quite accordingly so far.

ye, totally with ya there
May 6, 2:12 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
So lowest common denominator can identify with main character and enjoy the fantasy. Being irritated by this kind of garbage only means you are not the target audience. Well having touched a female before in your life pretty much excludes you. No others have fantasy of harem with which they don't do anything.
@MeanEYE Aside from this comment being obviously made of insulting people for enjoying a series, this is also blatantly wrong, if you actually watched the anime or paid attention to the dialogue you would know this series isn't even a harem, way to go.
Ionliosite2May 6, 2:16 PM
May 7, 9:31 AM

May 2021
Reply to Ionliosite2
@MeanEYE Aside from this comment being obviously made of insulting people for enjoying a series, this is also blatantly wrong, if you actually watched the anime or paid attention to the dialogue you would know this series isn't even a harem, way to go.
@Ionliosite2 have you watched this? Out of 10 characters listed on anime page 2 are male, out of which one is MC and other is main villain. The rest are busty various types of women so people can pick favorites. We have furry, we have elves, we have shy girls, we have tsundere, etverything is included. Previous episode even talks about main waifu of the pack and others having to earn their keep while "training". It literally couldn't be more obvious.

Liking these characters and this show is your own thing, but that doesn't mean what the goal of authors' was. Realism is certainly not on their list as no human behaves like that. You can make an argument that am too grumpy or whatever else. But you can not make an argument that main character isn't as blank as possible. He has no background other than vague "I was playing a game" thing, he has nothing to identify him. Things like favorite taste, color, animal, preference towards music or smells, love of nature or city. Even things like preferred weapon or spell. No he is as blank as they come so people can identify. That makes him a lowest common denominator character or otherwise known lacking character traits intentionally to appeal the widest audience possible. If you consider that an insult, sure so be it.
May 7, 11:07 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
@Ionliosite2 have you watched this? Out of 10 characters listed on anime page 2 are male, out of which one is MC and other is main villain. The rest are busty various types of women so people can pick favorites. We have furry, we have elves, we have shy girls, we have tsundere, etverything is included. Previous episode even talks about main waifu of the pack and others having to earn their keep while "training". It literally couldn't be more obvious.

Liking these characters and this show is your own thing, but that doesn't mean what the goal of authors' was. Realism is certainly not on their list as no human behaves like that. You can make an argument that am too grumpy or whatever else. But you can not make an argument that main character isn't as blank as possible. He has no background other than vague "I was playing a game" thing, he has nothing to identify him. Things like favorite taste, color, animal, preference towards music or smells, love of nature or city. Even things like preferred weapon or spell. No he is as blank as they come so people can identify. That makes him a lowest common denominator character or otherwise known lacking character traits intentionally to appeal the widest audience possible. If you consider that an insult, sure so be it.
@MeanEYE Yes, this show is literally on my watching list. This show isn't a harem and no matter how much you try to distort it it doesn't make it a harem, having multiple girl characters for te audience to choose as their "waifu" doesn't mean that the MC will do anything with them or that they are interested in him or that the series is a harem as it needs to happen in the series for it to count just having many waifus is something you can accuse a large number of series of. If anything you are the one that doesn't seem to have watched this, as Rys clearly hates the idea of any other woman touching her man and it is pretty obvious that the MC will only be with her.

I mean, I didn't say that the protagonist isn't lacking character traits, but you are definitely insulting people saying that only the "lower common denominator" can enjoy this show. Another thing, the MC wasn't "playing a game", he comes from another fantasy world, again, you aren't even paying attention to what you are criticizing here.
May 8, 1:09 AM

Jan 2024
bledsoe60 said:

Sometimes people should just take their own advice. :)
May 11, 3:50 PM
Jun 2021
Its easier to write a story this way, you dont have to have any skill to just copy things from other animes, and it sells anyways.

In the last episode the protag talks about making weapons out of dragon scales to sell, apparently he went to a city and negociated a trade route/contract to sell them already. All done off screen of course it would be to much to include something that is actually interesting and would require some character personality, growth, and creativity.
May 15, 11:10 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to ejleon

@ejleon

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

May 15, 11:56 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Rimuru0001
@ejleon
@Rimuru0001 According to the anime, that is what seems to be the case. Filo is seeing both sides pursuing his power and leaves on purpose to not fight in the war. He also wants to live his life out peacefully with his new wife. I’m just going by the anime though.

May 16, 6:10 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to ejleon
@Rimuru0001 According to the anime, that is what seems to be the case. Filo is seeing both sides pursuing his power and leaves on purpose to not fight in the war. He also wants to live his life out peacefully with his new wife. I’m just going by the anime though.
@ejleon
understood, thanks for the reply.

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 20

32 by Groman »»
Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - May 13

82 by Anime-Otaku123 »»
Yesterday, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

67 by 100DegreeIce »»
Yesterday, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

115 by LucasDoragon »»
May 19, 8:31 AM

» So, are they gonna do the deed eventually?

MavikBow - May 16

17 by simperemo123 »»
May 18, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.