Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 1, 4:15 AM

Mar 2015
None of these. My personal favourite is Cross Game, and while I'm sure someone will say it's not a romance anime, romance is a pretty big part of it - and I think it handles relationships and characters better than most exclusively romance shows.
May 1, 7:10 AM
Oct 2023
Favorite romance anime series is darling in the franxx, fav romance movie is either your name or silent voice
May 1, 8:08 AM
Mar 2024
Jackson_rajkumar said:
I want to know what is your favourite romance mine is kaguya cause I haven't finished watching fruits basket and Clanned: After story but I think fruits basket might be my next new favourite the way it's going

Scum's Wish for me. I personally like to think that the romance genre is heavily targeted at the positive parts of romance while somewhat ignoring the bad parts. And Scum's Wish perfectly does the job of showing you the good and bad parts of romance and unrequited love.
May 1, 8:12 AM

Jan 2019
Clannad especially After Story is an actual masterpiece, it doesn't have the best pure "romance" but it's definitely my favourite "romance anime" out there.
Kaguya-sama strongest point isn't the romance in my opinion, but it's my 2nd favourite "romance anime", with Fruits Basket a close 3rd.

Haven't seen the other two, but you should add Oregairu too!

For pure romance, I'll go with Horimiya manga
May 1, 8:20 AM
Aug 2021
Jackson_rajkumar said:
I want to know what is your favourite romance mine is kaguya cause I haven't finished watching fruits basket and Clanned: After story but I think fruits basket might be my next new favourite the way it's going

horimiya(1520&()))()
May 1, 8:53 AM
Mar 2023
Not a romance anime nor does it really focus on romance in general but I really like the relationship between Taeko and Toshio from “Only Yesterday”. The most organic and non-cliche, trope driven depiction of a budding relationship.
May 1, 9:06 AM

Dec 2018
fruits basket will always and forever have a place in my heart

so will kimi no na wa, but for a different reason
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 1, 9:06 AM
Mar 2021
None of those- I haven't seen Fruits or Dangers though

But my fav. is Sasameki Koto
May 1, 9:29 AM
May 2022
These are the 19 romance anime that have gotten me really invested in the main couple.

1. Love, Chuunibyo, and other Delusions
2. Horimiya
3. Insomniacs After School
4. The Dangers in my Heart
5. Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro
6. Teasing Master Takagi-san
7. When Will Ayumu Make His Move?
8. TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You
9. My Dress Up Darling
10. Komi Can't Communicate
11. My Love Story!!
12. Call of the Night
13. Tomo-chan is a Girl
14. Kaguya-sama: Love is War
15. Toradora!
16. My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999
17. My Clueless First Friend
18. Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!
19. Rent-a-Girlfriend
May 1, 10:29 AM
Nov 2017
1) Tsukigakirei
2) Your Name
3) Kuragehime
May 1, 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
If I need to choose from poll then:
1. Clanned
2. Kaguya-sama
3. The dangers in my heart
4. Your name
5. Fruits basket (didn't watch)

Personal favorite is Maison Ikkoku.
May 1, 2:49 PM
Dec 2017
Toradora was great. One hell of a ride. The side characters are what made it excellent, so much depth.

Dangers I also like but the premise is a bit hard to believe. They take the premise of "batting above your league" to the extreme, which is possibly part of the appeal of this anime. It's just a bit obvious. I do find it very well written and animated, and explores this dynamic in a realistic way, one of the best in this regard, which does offset this and make a good watch.

I found Komi can't Communicate to be similar in premise to Dangers, but found this relationship to be more believable than that in Dangers. Or at least more wholesome. Similarly for Dress Up Darling, despite the more outlandish premise. Seems to be the flavour of the month to put supermodel girls with "insert here" bland protagonists. I guess if you are going to dream big, might as well go atomic...
May 1, 3:06 PM

Jan 2024
None of the mentioned [sorry], Niehime to Kemono no Ou and My Happy Marriage are my favorite.
May 1, 3:34 PM
Apr 2024
Hacker075 said:
TheUpstairsOne said:
Dangers is overrated

Dangers isn't for you*

My men here feels identify with the protagonist
May 1, 4:25 PM

Sep 2013
Reply to iiKonata
None of these. My personal favourite is Cross Game, and while I'm sure someone will say it's not a romance anime, romance is a pretty big part of it - and I think it handles relationships and characters better than most exclusively romance shows.
@iiKonata Interesting choice! It never crosses my mind when someone asks about my favorite romance. However, I really like the chemistry between Kou and Aoba. Easily one of my favorite relationships in anime/manga.
May 1, 5:13 PM
Jun 2021
MeguSae38 said:
1. Saekano
2. Oreshura
3. Amagami SS
4. Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
5. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

bro cooked with this list saekano is too underrated
May 1, 5:29 PM
Dec 2016
Horimiya definitely
KareKano as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 5:37 PM

Aug 2021
Shin Dousei Jidai: Hawaiian Breeze

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi

May 1, 7:51 PM
Feb 2024
Probably one of my favorite romance anime but there's a lot of good ones as well.
May 1, 10:04 PM
May 2023
Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai is my personal favourite Anime
May 1, 10:53 PM

Dec 2021
1) Oregairu
2) Fruit Basket
3) Spice and Wolf
4) Insomniacs After School
5) Kimi ni Todoke

Kaguya-sama is more like a comedy with romantic subtext than. And I can't get into BokuYaba. It felt forced and fabricated.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

May 2, 2:21 AM

Dec 2021
My favourite romance:

1) Oregairu
2) Fruit Basket
3) Spice and Wolf
4) Insomniacs After School
5) Kimi ni Todoke

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

May 2, 5:39 AM
Nov 2022
Where’s Plastic Memories? Just curious because it isn’t here.
May 2, 11:35 AM
Mar 2023
Teasing master Takagi-san
Love is war
The Dangers in my heart
Don't toy with me Miss Nagatoro
May 3, 3:12 AM
Dec 2023
It’s not on the list but Your lie in April is definitely the best romance for me
May 3, 8:30 AM
Nov 2023
I like these all but Kaguya sama is superr
May 3, 8:51 AM
Jan 2024
my favorite is Oregairu
May 3, 9:10 AM

Jun 2019
The best is easily Kimi no Todoke S1, watching Sawako come out of her shell and fall for Kazehaya just melted my heart. Followed closely by Kaguya-sama, then Kamisama Kiss S1. Just finishing up S2 of Dangers in my Heart and have to say it's pretty damn sweet, only issue is that there's a lot of school based scenes. Also watching Maison Ikkoku and that's very good, more like a soap opera with some pretty damn realistic behaviour, slightly too realistic at times.

Golden Time is good, as is Tonikawa S1, although S2 fell off a bit with the whole 'married and living together but not had sex' deal. And for harems, loads of old but gold ones like Magikano, DeaRs, My Bride is a Mermaid, Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun, as well as modern ones like Saekano, which is very well written, self aware and has a conclusive ending.

And for my two cents, Oregairu was pretty terrible and awful ending, reeked of otaku pandering bait to me. Hachimann is such a loser. Ichikawa from Dangers in my Heart is a much better written socially awkward type than Hachimann imho. Ichikawa tries to open up, whereas Hachimann just bemoans that no one likes him but never tries to do anything about it and two cute girls just fall into his lap for no discernible reason, he's unlikeable.

23feanorMay 3, 9:18 AM
May 3, 9:30 AM
Jan 2024
toradora

bunny girl senpai

horimiya
May 3, 3:08 PM
Feb 2024
I do love dangers but my favourites are bloom into you (my favourite), horimiya and shinkai's films
May 3, 9:02 PM
Nov 2022
Toradora's my fav, next comes horimiya and then kaguya sama, your name, etc
May 3, 9:04 PM
Nov 2022
Vayze said:
None of the above, for me is Ohayou Ibarahime and Lovely Complex

Ibarahime is the best rom manga I've ever read 😭😭.
May 5, 2:57 PM
Jun 2021
zero_uchiha said:
1. After story
2. Fruits basket: the final
3. Kaguya sama S3
4. Dangers......
5. Your name

good list bro only missing oregairu somewhere in there tho imo
May 5, 4:12 PM

Jul 2019
Clannad and Fruits Basket are the top spot for me.
May 14, 1:03 AM
Nov 2022
My love story is the best one is the leader for me. It’s so good!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What's the most disturbing/scary hentai you've seen? ( 1 2 )

Mini_usagi - May 20, 2020

79 by DesuMaiden »»
51 seconds ago

» help

arhttr - 19 minutes ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite Anime Insert Song

LowIqSalty - 1 hour ago

5 by pk8list »»
9 minutes ago

» Yearly reminder that Lenalee Lee reinvented battle shounen girls

Catalano - 52 minutes ago

5 by Merve2Love »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy? ( 1 2 )

JustSomeone15 - May 19

64 by DesuMaiden »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.