Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 29, 3:37 AM
Dec 2022
Seems like very few people are watching this anime, i like to try this out, what are you opinion's on the matter, i know it's a music, is it good or any other elements story wise! .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 3:47 AM
Aug 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Seems like very few people are watching this anime, i like to try this out, what are you opinion's on the matter, i know it's a music, is it good or any other elements story wise! .

Firstly I should mention the translations are kind of bad and it’s entirely cgi. (Which I like but for some reason 99% of anime fans hate cgi)

It’s definitely a very good watch the music is absolutely incredible imo every single song is amazing.

As for other parts it’s got good comedy and well written characters.

The voice acting is good imo too.

Overall it’s a very good watch imo and one of my favourites this season.
Apr 29, 3:55 AM

Sep 2018
GBC is only doing two things better than the Jellyfish anime, but they're the most important to me (characters and soundtrack) and that's why I'm enjoying GBC way more.

The 3DCG isn't the best but at least it's not hurting my eyes like BanG Dream It's My Go.
Apr 29, 4:19 AM

Feb 2020
7/10 atm in my book. Nothing really amazing.
Apr 29, 4:19 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Phantom_373
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Firstly I should mention the translations are kind of bad and it’s entirely cgi. (Which I like but for some reason 99% of anime fans hate cgi)

It’s definitely a very good watch the music is absolutely incredible imo every single song is amazing.

As for other parts it’s got good comedy and well written characters.

The voice acting is good imo too.

Overall it’s a very good watch imo and one of my favourites this season.
@Phantom_373
Iam also one those who hates CGI, and i hate it very much. But their are expections like "Trigun Stampede" where the CGI was were impressive and I really enjoyed it. though i don't like CGI, iam open to all, it's atleast needs to be descent enough to, not to irritate me, then i can bare with it. If the music and character writing is good then i will to give it a shot.
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 29, 4:25 AM
Apr 29, 4:21 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Nirinbo
GBC is only doing two things better than the Jellyfish anime, but they're the most important to me (characters and soundtrack) and that's why I'm enjoying GBC way more.

The 3DCG isn't the best but at least it's not hurting my eyes like BanG Dream It's My Go.
@Nirinbo
Will i give it a go then, thanks for your time
Apr 29, 4:23 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Serafos
7/10 atm in my book. Nothing really amazing.
@Serafos
Will i give 7 to those anime's, that are actually good or worth watching.
Apr 29, 5:28 AM
Nov 2023
If you don’t watch, you miss a top tier anime. If you watch and don’t agree, stop watching. Not a hard choice really.
To me it’s a 10, the CGI actually makes the roundness of faces so much better than 2D, the expressions, specially the comedy ones, are incredible. A crossover anime where 3D is actually a positive factor.
Apr 29, 6:04 AM
Feb 2022
i almost didn't start it when i saw that everything was 3d but i'm glad i did because i'm really enjoying it! it's funny and the music and voice acting are great
Apr 29, 7:31 AM
Jan 2024
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

The 3d animation takes some getting used to (unless you've watched the bandori anime, then you should prolly be fine) its overall pretty good so far, the songs are nice too. Its just a nice band story with nothing really crazy going on
Apr 29, 7:36 AM
Oct 2021
Its my first 3d anime. Before i watched 1 ep of Land of the Loustrous but didn't continued. I'm only watching this because of Toei Animation. So far anime is good, music is good, even character animations are good. If you like musical anime dont have problems with 3d you can give it a try.
Apr 29, 7:36 AM

Jan 2024
It's an easy 7/10. Not that bad, not that good but still it was good. CGI ain't that bad tbh.
Apr 29, 7:56 AM
Dec 2022
FutoiOtaku said:
If you don’t watch, you miss a top tier anime. If you watch and don’t agree, stop watching. Not a hard choice really.
To me it’s a 10, the CGI actually makes the roundness of faces so much better than 2D, the expressions, specially the comedy ones, are incredible. A crossover anime where 3D is actually a positive factor.

i don't want to miss out, if i miss now i don't think i can make time for this anime in the future, i better take it as a weekly course, than pick it some day and burden me for five hours straight.
Apr 29, 7:57 AM
Dec 2022
blooomingsnows said:
i almost didn't start it when i saw that everything was 3d but i'm glad i did because i'm really enjoying it! it's funny and the music and voice acting are great

it seems like all the comments are positive, i will definitely watch it
Apr 29, 8:00 AM
Dec 2022
UnderwaterRobin said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

The 3d animation takes some getting used to (unless you've watched the bandori anime, then you should prolly be fine) its overall pretty good so far, the songs are nice too. Its just a nice band story with nothing really crazy going on

no i haven't watched it, still i can put up with CGI if it's descent enough. I'll try it
Apr 29, 8:02 AM
Dec 2022
SlAsh0017 said:
Its my first 3d anime. Before i watched 1 ep of Land of the Loustrous but didn't continued. I'm only watching this because of Toei Animation. So far anime is good, music is good, even character animations are good. If you like musical anime dont have problems with 3d you can give it a try.

yah i like music anime, I'll give it a try then
Apr 29, 8:03 AM
Dec 2022
Animeistaken said:
It's an easy 7/10. Not that bad, not that good but still it was good. CGI ain't that bad tbh.

man all the comments are positive, now i have to watch my self so that i don't over hype my self
Apr 29, 8:56 AM

Apr 2020
I've only watched 2 episodes so far, but the 3DCG ain't bad. Unlike others, I thought the soundtrack so far was just alright, but hey, I can see the potential for better stuff (I haven't checked out the musical project behind this anime), so we'll have to see. (OP is a banger)

The quality of the animation isn't exactly consistent, but that's to be expected. They seem to want to put the most effort into the band performances, which makes sense.

Since those scenes are meant to be the climaxes for different points into the story, I'd suggest checking out, if not the first episode, at least the first performance during that same episode to see if the anime will interest you.
Apr 29, 9:05 AM
Dec 2022
Menternor said:
I've only watched 2 episodes so far, but the 3DCG ain't bad. Unlike others, I thought the soundtrack so far was just alright, but hey, I can see the potential for better stuff (I haven't checked out the musical project behind this anime), so we'll have to see. (OP is a banger)

The quality of the animation isn't exactly consistent, but that's to be expected. They seem to want to put the most effort into the band performances, which makes sense.

Since those scenes are meant to be the climaxes for different points into the story, I'd suggest checking out, if not the first episode, at least the first performance during that same episode to see if the anime will interest you.

yah i was planning to, definitely cought up by tomorrow
Apr 29, 9:07 AM
Dec 2022
I like it. It's very good imo. CGI doesn't bother me. I'm quite used to it atm. I'm up to the current ep of the anime and my rating of it is 8.5/10.
Apr 29, 9:36 AM
Dec 2022
CheliosX said:
I like it. It's very good imo. CGI doesn't bother me. I'm quite used to it atm. I'm up to the current ep of the anime and my rating of it is 8.5/10.

will then I'll just have to trust you on that one .
at this point iam more than convened
Apr 29, 9:48 AM
Dec 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
CheliosX said:

will then I'll just have to trust you on that one .
at this point iam more than convened

Not a problem. You won't regret it. Plus it's quite funny and fun to watch.
Apr 29, 11:16 AM

Feb 2021
Just be sure to watch with proper subtitles, not the machine translated ones.
Apr 29, 11:41 AM
Dec 2022
If you like musical anime (like Bocchi or Bandori ones), this is a safe (and great) watch. The writer of the show is the same guy who worked on animes like 'A Place Further Than the Universe' and 'Steins;Gate', so I think the script is in good hands. In the musical aspect, if you like J-rock, the music is really peak. The band project behind the anime is called Togenashi Togeari. They have released many songs on YouTube, and the musicians of the band are the girls who voice their respective characters in the anime (highlight the protagonist VA; she is only 16 years old!). The CGI is very well done and works well with the visual aspect once you get used to it. The expressiveness of the characters and their relationships is great and funny.
The negative factor is that you have to pirate it in order to watch it, so you may come across subtitle issues.
Apr 29, 12:22 PM
Sep 2023
This is one of 3 shows thus season I rated a 10. I absolutely love it.
Apr 29, 12:31 PM

Apr 2012
Also, is it just me, or have more and more music moe franchises started taking their plots a lot more seriously in recent years? MyGO is a particularly striking example.
Apr 29, 1:11 PM
Dec 2020
jellyfish cant swim at night completely invalidates this anime imo
Apr 29, 3:34 PM
Oct 2022
I usually hate CGI animes, but this one is very nice.
Apr 29, 8:06 PM
May 2022
I usually dislike CGI, but holy crap does this do 3D well. The faces are more expressive than 90% of 2D anime. Its great! Story is solid, nothing to write home about. But the character designs are great and the voice acting is fun. I really like it! The animation is just very impressive for 3D to me.
Apr 29, 11:21 PM

Jun 2019
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

They have definite similarities and overlap, plus just the general coincidence that they're airing within the same season, but they do possess some differences which leads me to feel both series can be appreciated for different reasons. Despite sounding extraordinarily similar in many ways on paper, the actual experience when watching them can be quite different. Jellyfish is a lot more polished and technically impressive, but this kind of has a more raw makeshift passion which shines through from the novice voice actors to getting this animation to work to optimal effect to the way emotions are portrayed visually and in sound.
Apr 29, 11:30 PM
Dec 2022
WatchTillTandava said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

They have definite similarities and overlap, plus just the general coincidence that they're airing within the same season, but they do possess some differences which leads me to feel both series can be appreciated for different reasons. Despite sounding extraordinarily similar in many ways on paper, the actual experience when watching them can be quite different. Jellyfish is a lot more polished and technically impressive, but this kind of has a more raw makeshift passion which shines through from the novice voice actors to getting this animation to work to optimal effect to the way emotions are portrayed visually and in sound.

i agree with you.
(@Pillsbury_Uchiha)iam also watching jellyfish~ i haven't posted this post for comparisons, so please don't bring matter which may create conflict or unnecessary arguments.
if you hope to criticise this anime please make a difference post, where you might find like minded PPL who has similar opinion that of your
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 29, 11:38 PM
Apr 30, 4:13 AM
Oct 2022
The characters in Girls Band Cry are interesting and cute and the story is entertaining. I did not like the 3D animation at first, but after episode 1 I got used to it. I'm not sure if it's just me but the animation seemingly improved in episode 3 as well.

7.5/10. Worth checking out and a pretty rewarding watch.

I just started Jellyfish Can't Swim at Night but in my opinion these animes are not at all similar. The only thing in common is the genre. Both seem to be great shows to look forward to, as a K-On! and Bocchi fan.
Apr 30, 4:32 AM
Dec 2022
oniisan_kenobi said:
The characters in Girls Band Cry are interesting and cute and the story is entertaining. I did not like the 3D animation at first, but after episode 1 I got used to it. I'm not sure if it's just me but the animation seemingly improved in episode 3 as well.

7.5/10. Worth checking out and a pretty rewarding watch.

I just started Jellyfish Can't Swim at Night but in my opinion these animes are not at all similar. The only thing in common is the genre. Both seem to be great shows to look forward to, as a K-On! and Bocchi fan.

it seems like we have similar opinion on the matter
yah now that i cought up till ep 4 in GBC, their geners is same to jellyfish, thought the story is totally a different thing. jelly fish i more practical, relatable and realistic.
while GBC is relatable yet not so realistic or to say convincing, and i understand the concept which they are going with, but the MC is really annoying most of the time, i feel like they are over stepping boundry or over exclating things. i do agree it' funny some time. it is a good watch though.
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 30, 4:38 AM
Apr 30, 7:37 AM

Jun 2019
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
yah now that i cought up till ep 4 in GBC, their geners is same to jellyfish, thought the story is totally a different thing. jelly fish i more practical, relatable and realistic.
while GBC is relatable yet not so realistic or to say convincing, and i understand the concept which they are going with, but the MC is really annoying most of the time, i feel like they are over stepping boundry or over exclating things. i do agree it' funny some time. it is a good watch though.

The group formed in Jellyfish, also, is more of a mixed media project with not just songs but an endeavor featuring online videos replete with moving illustrations. It's like a semi-anonymous art project for now. Whereas in Girls Band Cry they seem to be aiming for a more traditional musical band. Jellyfish is more "modern" facing, about interacting and being plugged into the internet influencer and V-tuber subculture.

About the main character, Nina, in Girls Band Cry, and why she is more angsty and prone to outbursts of anger and sadness with less self-control than either the main character or really any of the characters in Jellyfish, they also seem to be going for a more intense emotional drama. The title, after all, is "Girls Band Cry" and this is really realistic to the way some teenage girls (and sometimes other people in general) are and can be. Less neat, pretty, and tidy, and capable of oscillating between depression and self-loathing at times and bouts of rage and taking it out on others at other times.

As the originally-introduced girl (so one I feel like is the #1 main main character or audience PoV character, if that makes sense) as well as one who had difficulty in the past expressing herself freely and felt stifled so is now trying to break free and reinvent parts of herself, Nina in Girls Band Cry definitely fills the Mahiru (or "Yoru") role from Jellyfish, but some of what she went through in terms of isolation from her peers at school and resentment at the world as a whole as a result is more similar to the Kiui character ("Nox Ryugasaki").
WatchTillTandavaApr 30, 7:41 AM
Apr 30, 8:10 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

The group formed in Jellyfish, also, is more of a mixed media project with not just songs but an endeavor featuring online videos replete with moving illustrations. It's like a semi-anonymous art project for now. Whereas in Girls Band Cry they seem to be aiming for a more traditional musical band. Jellyfish is more "modern" facing, about interacting and being plugged into the internet influencer and V-tuber subculture.

About the main character, Nina, in Girls Band Cry, and why she is more angsty and prone to outbursts of anger and sadness with less self-control than either the main character or really any of the characters in Jellyfish, they also seem to be going for a more intense emotional drama. The title, after all, is "Girls Band Cry" and this is really realistic to the way some teenage girls (and sometimes other people in general) are and can be. Less neat, pretty, and tidy, and capable of oscillating between depression and self-loathing at times and bouts of rage and taking it out on others at other times.

As the originally-introduced girl (so one I feel like is the #1 main main character or audience PoV character, if that makes sense) as well as one who had difficulty in the past expressing herself freely and felt stifled so is now trying to break free and reinvent parts of herself, Nina in Girls Band Cry definitely fills the Mahiru (or "Yoru") role from Jellyfish, but some of what she went through in terms of isolation from her peers at school and resentment at the world as a whole as a result is more similar to the Kiui character ("Nox Ryugasaki").
@WatchTillTandava
When i said
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
while GBC is relatable yet not so realistic or to say convincing
it's because they pulled stunts like~ where she, takes the gutter running in the rain, steels the mick form street performers, and shouts some talks-no-justu, and then the other girls show up takes the gutter, and they starts performing, in a perfect sync. That's not so realistic. And their are many more, which just make the conversation longer, so just take this on as an example for now.
And it's relatable as i said, taking your anger out on someone else is fine and most of all pll did that sort of thig at that age.
Which is realistic, i agree, but they cross the line where she stright out swing's that dam bulb on a stranger, tell me where is this realistic. I know it's comedy but you have to draw a line at some point. that's why I said
while GBC is relatable yet not so realistic or to say convincing
See no one wants to be that net picking guy. i don't want to be either.
that's what I ment when i said it not so realistic. we just has a miss understanding.
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 30, 8:25 AM
Apr 30, 8:32 AM

Jun 2019
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
it's because they pulled stunts like~ where she, takes the gutter running in the rain, steels the mick form street performers, and shouts some talks-no-justu, and then the other girls show up takes the gutter, and they starts performing, in a perfect sync. That's not so realistic. And their are many more, which just make the conversation longer, so just take this on as an example for now.
And it's relatable as i said, taking your anger out on someone else is fine and most of all pll did that sort of thig at that age.
Which is realistic, i agree, but they cross the line where she stright out swing's that dam bulb on a stranger, tell me where is this realistic. I know it's comode but you have to draw a line at some point. that's why I said message=70965482]while GBC is relatable yet not so realistic or to say convincing.

that's what I ment when i said it not so realistic.

Well, I agree with you in a way regarding the end of the first episode of Nina giving a nice speech, the other main girl jumping in and performing seamlessly, the two other musicians present just going with it and allowing Nina to monopolize the microphone and everything to happen as it did - sure. But in a way something like that, timing of characters' actions being coincidental or the one in 100, one in 1,000, or one in one million time something like that would happen the same way in real life in order to feel more epic and cinematic honestly happens in some form or another at some point in virtually all anime and all other series and films. That's just part of a show.

Regarding Nina swinging that light at the irate passerby who tells her to quiet down, I wanted to comment on this and I think it's important to mention and point something out about it, because I've definitely heard at least a few other people mention that scene in a negative way, either that it was unrealistic or took Nina's character too far or something to that effect. Here's the thing: I agree that usually the average normal person wouldn't resort to that immediately in a verbal argument with a stranger. Key operative words being "average", "normal", and "usually". Not every person is a normal average one and not every situation is usual. She's an emotionally unstable teenage girl who just left her entire life behind and moved to a big city that day, and for all we know may be neurodivergent or have other medical issues or issues in her family history (physical fighting and altercations, abuse, etc. - not saying that the anime is going this route, but everything is always a possibility). Far stranger things have happened in real life. Real life people have assaulted each other over everything imaginable and sometimes almost nothing at all. People have been shot over car traffic.

I grew up in a small middle to upper middle-class safe suburban town where there were rarely serious violent incidents in school or the town as a whole, but even there there were definitely physically and emotionally violent, aggressive, and unstable kids. So I don't find that unrealistic. It's mild compared to what could happen.
WatchTillTandavaApr 30, 8:38 AM
Apr 30, 9:18 AM
Dec 2022
WatchTillTandava said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Which is realistic, i agree, but they cross the line where she stright out swing's that dam bulb on a stranger, tell me where is this realistic. I know it's comode but you have to draw a line at some point. that's why I said message=70965482]while GBC is relatable yet not so realistic or to say convincing.

that's what I ment when i said it not so realistic.

Well, I agree with you in a way regarding the end of the first episode of Nina giving a nice speech, the other main girl jumping in and performing seamlessly, the two other musicians present just going with it and allowing Nina to monopolize the microphone and everything to happen as it did - sure. But in a way something like that, timing of characters' actions being coincidental or the one in 100, one in 1,000, or one in one million time something like that would happen the same way in real life in order to feel more epic and cinematic honestly happens in some form or another at some point in virtually all anime and all other series and films. That's just part of a show.

Regarding Nina swinging that light at the irate passerby who tells her to quiet down, I wanted to comment on this and I think it's important to mention and point something out about it, because I've definitely heard at least a few other people mention that scene in a negative way, either that it was unrealistic or took Nina's character too far or something to that effect. Here's the thing: I agree that usually the average normal person wouldn't resort to that immediately in a verbal argument with a stranger. Key operative words being "average", "normal", and "usually". Not every person is a normal average one and not every situation is usual. She's an emotionally unstable teenage girl who just left her entire life behind and moved to a big city that day, and for all we know may be neurodivergent or have other medical issues or issues in her family history (physical fighting and altercations, abuse, etc. - not saying that the anime is going this route, but everything is always a possibility). Far stranger things have happened in real life. Real life people have assaulted each other over everything imaginable and sometimes almost nothing at all. People have been shot over car traffic.

I grew up in a small middle to upper middle-class safe suburban town where there were rarely serious violent incidents in school or the town as a whole, but even there there were definitely physically and emotionally violent, aggressive, and unstable kids. So I don't find that unrealistic. It's mild compared to what could happen.

it seems like we both agree with most of the matter.
i also come from a upper middle - class family, and i can relate to the MC in real time. iam third child, but before I was born our family moved from our Village to City, Hyderabad or Secunderabad (country India)called twin cities, you can look it up in Google if you want . where i was born and grew up. scene we came from a village side, and my father is very stright about our upbringing. we had crazy rules like, don't go play with friends without my permission even if I ask my father will tell not to go or take your brother with you or complete ignore with questions like how many chapters of Bible did you read today, even though in the same street. come back tougher all three of to home or will going to school, which I did till I was 9th standard and that's crazy. though I was i a model student as my sister. we also have rules exactly like, eating hole family tougher on top of that we have to pray together as family before going to bed every day(it takes about atleast one and a half hour). my family is very religious.
and i don't think i would every be so emotional unstable to swing a light bulb just because some said me to stay quiet. that's purely fictional.
and since iam from India, ware every road and place is busting with people, fight between people are like Side seeing to me, it's a every day thing. even bulling or getting into fight with class mate's.
And one in a million or even 1000 chance aren't exactly called realistic, they are more concerned as miracles. thing like that aren't realistic at all, if you say otherwise your just watching too much anime.
Apr 30, 9:19 AM
Jan 2023
I think it's good. Even though the anime uses CGI almost entirely, I would still recommend this anime. There are many things that can be judged, but there are 2 things that made me interested in this anime. First, the soundtrack, I quite like the soundtrack of this anime, don't forget the songs that this anime sings. Second, the expression of each character. For some reason, I really like the shape of their facial expressions. For example, expressions of anger, happiness, etc. I felt like I could feel the expressions they were giving off, so it was amusing. If asked, is this anime good to follow every week, then I will answer, "Yes"
Apr 30, 9:24 AM
Dec 2022
Muhanrblx said:
I think it's good. Even though the anime uses CGI almost entirely, I would still recommend this anime. There are many things that can be judged, but there are 2 things that made me interested in this anime. First, the soundtrack, I quite like the soundtrack of this anime, don't forget the songs that this anime sings. Second, the expression of each character. For some reason, I really like the shape of their facial expressions. For example, expressions of anger, happiness, etc. I felt like I could feel the expressions they were giving off, so it was amusing. If asked, is this anime good to follow every week, then I will answer, "Yes"

i did cought up to the anime,
a genuine and legit opinion, i agree 💯. their are certainly thing that are judged about this anime, still a great watch
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 30, 9:28 AM
Apr 30, 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
Could be anime of the year
I don't think it's going to be better than MyGO as an overall drama & character growth. GBC has so far showcased more with the "happy go lucky" teen drama without actually showing the struggle of the characters, even though we already know they all have their own problems, but I guess we'll have to wait until all the members get introduced.
But for the music element, I like Togenashi Togeari songs more than MyGO.
Apr 30, 5:00 PM
Sep 2021
I really like the cgi I don't mind more animes with the same lvl cgi
Apr 30, 5:18 PM
Mar 2019
I’m really really enjoying it, probably my favorite of this season tbh. Main hurdle is there being no official subs, and I figure that once official subs are out the popularity will shoot up. If you can get over the fansub jank it’s def worth a watch. The CGI is genuinely really pretty and the music slaps. The writing is also really good and super relatable if you’re a struggling twenty something.
Apr 30, 7:03 PM
May 2023
honestly really entertaining to me. Not something spectacular but should be more talked about imo
May 1, 2:43 AM
Sep 2022
This anime currently has a score of 7, well that's what it is. I don't mind the CGI, although I recognize that the story is passable, it is very full of clichés that are very typical in this type of anime . Nothing surprising, with an unbearable MC, with the rich girl who doesn't want to follow in her grandmother's footsteps and with a woman from 20 years that we know little about, and two members who haven't left yet. The future will tell, but for now the series is very normal
May 2, 8:25 AM
Jul 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

I like this for the animation of facial expressions, humor, and their voice acting. is more natural than usual and I like it. It starts from a plot similar of jellyfish but this goes in a total different path
May 2, 8:59 AM

Apr 2024
I don't know who are these "few people watching this", it is constantly in my YouTube recommendations, and everyone in the comments keep bullshitting how well the CGI is made. We must be living in separate universes.

I am not going to watch it because:

1. It is another seasonal anime that will get forgotten as soon as this season ends and another seasonal hypeup appears.
  2. It is slice of life, which is usually an indicator of poor quality (most slice of life anime are boring and uninteresting).
  3. Its screenwriter hasn't worked on many great works, except for endless moeblobs, and even legendary works he worked on have significant writing flaws.
  4. This CGI is at the level of a PSP game and not animation. I refuse to watch CGI anime just out of principle unless it is evident the animators respect their craft and their audience and are capable of utilizing even these inferior technologies up to the point I'm amazed someone made this 12 years ago.
  5. There is no better music anime than Nodame Cantabile, stop trying already.
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

May 2, 9:22 AM
Dec 2022
PostMahouShoujo said:
I don't know who are these "few people watching this", it is constantly in my YouTube recommendations, and everyone in the comments keep bullshitting how well the CGI is made. We must be living in separate universes.

1. It is another seasonal anime that will get forgotten as soon as this season ends and another seasonal hypeup appears.
  2. It is slice of life, which is usually an indicator of poor quality (most slice of life anime are boring and uninteresting).
  3. Its screenwriter hasn't worked on many great works, except for endless moeblobs, and even legendary works he worked on have significant writing flaws.
  4. This CGI is at the level of a PSP game and not animation. I refuse to watch CGI anime just out of principle unless it is evident the animators respect their craft and their audience and are capable of utilizing even these inferior technologies up to the point I'm amazed someone made this 12 years ago.

now that i cought up to all the ep's , it's not that special.
glad some one Speak up . your right, in telling that, it will be forgetting in no time.
at the most the CGI is not hurting my eyes. and IAM not that pick as you, so i can bare with it.

had hy expectations, after all the hyping thay did. it was ok , but didn't meet my expectations.
i like "jellyfish" 8 time' more.

and one more thing what do you think about the
CGI in "Trugen stumped" . because i think it was very impressive.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 2, 9:27 AM
May 2, 1:55 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to PostMahouShoujo

> It is another seasonal anime that will get forgotten as soon as this season ends and another seasonal hypeup appears.

More like GBC is the new Kemono Friends! They way it uses cheap 3D-CGI in a relatable manner is revolutionary for the anime genre, e.g. Iseri Nina has the cutest pout ever. Despite the great difference in tone, somehow I'm constantly aware of KF while watching GBC. Nina and Subaru remind me of Kaban and Serval or vica versa?

> Its screenwriter hasn't worked on many great works

Except for a place further than Stein's gate... Realistically that's as good as it gets, one can't expect episodic TV anime be directed by a Hayao Miyazaki x Makoto Shinkai collab.

> This CGI is at the level of a PSP game and not animation

They don't have Pixar budget. Reportedly an average, 20 minute (sans OP and ED) TV anime episode is made for app. 10k US dollars and using CGI for anime often implies lower budget. The whole season 1 of Kemono Friends was done for 10k USD and they couldn't even afford to make the wheels on the bus go round and round during first 4 eps... Yet the deeper than expected story / mystery and the characters' great chemistry made it crazy popular.

If GBC makes it from 6.8 MAL score to 8.3 by end of season, like BokuYaba s1 did, I won't be surprised a bit. That GBC has already achieved 7.74 on doubly machine-translated and heinously memed engrish subtitles speaks for itself! Expect the score to skyrocket when (if) it gets licensed and official english subs and maybe even a dub arrive.
May 2, 5:35 PM
Nov 2023
pretty good if you don't mind CGI. It's not bad CGI, mind you, it's just hard to get used to. reminds me of RWBY a little bit
also you'll only find it in pirate websites with really shitty subtitles. I recommend knowing a little bit of japanese to ignore the bad translations
May 3, 9:08 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Tacsk0
> It is another seasonal anime that will get forgotten as soon as this season ends and another seasonal hypeup appears.

More like GBC is the new Kemono Friends! They way it uses cheap 3D-CGI in a relatable manner is revolutionary for the anime genre, e.g. Iseri Nina has the cutest pout ever. Despite the great difference in tone, somehow I'm constantly aware of KF while watching GBC. Nina and Subaru remind me of Kaban and Serval or vica versa?

> Its screenwriter hasn't worked on many great works

Except for a place further than Stein's gate... Realistically that's as good as it gets, one can't expect episodic TV anime be directed by a Hayao Miyazaki x Makoto Shinkai collab.

> This CGI is at the level of a PSP game and not animation

They don't have Pixar budget. Reportedly an average, 20 minute (sans OP and ED) TV anime episode is made for app. 10k US dollars and using CGI for anime often implies lower budget. The whole season 1 of Kemono Friends was done for 10k USD and they couldn't even afford to make the wheels on the bus go round and round during first 4 eps... Yet the deeper than expected story / mystery and the characters' great chemistry made it crazy popular.

If GBC makes it from 6.8 MAL score to 8.3 by end of season, like BokuYaba s1 did, I won't be surprised a bit. That GBC has already achieved 7.74 on doubly machine-translated and heinously memed engrish subtitles speaks for itself! Expect the score to skyrocket when (if) it gets licensed and official english subs and maybe even a dub arrive.
@Yeshaiah2015yesh

at the most the CGI is not hurting my eyes. and IAM not that pick as you, so i can bare with it.

I am not as picky as you believe. This CGI is tolerable and is better than 90% of CGI I saw in anime, but I still would rather watch something that indicates higher quality than that of a PSP game.

and one more thing what do you think about the
CGI in "Trugen stumped" . because i think it was very impressive.

Sub standard for me. I've linked an AMV that demonstrates what CGI should be. There are still no anime with major use of CGI at this level, and this anime I'm talking about has aired 12 years ago. Well, it is because Hiroyuki Imaishi and Ryo-Timo were responsible for the animation ;)

@Tacsk0

Except for a place further than Stein's gate...

Steins;Gate has major writing flaws, particularly in character writing.

They don't have Pixar budget

I'm sorry, have you seen the AMV I linked? Ordet and Sanzigen were absolutely noname studios that had limited resources and never had any major commercial success, but they managed to pull off Ufotable-grade CGI that outcompeted everything back in the day, and it holds up even today in the face of "masterpieces" like Berserk, Land of the Lustrous and this one which we're discussing here.

Oh, I should have not asked you this foolish question. You haven't seen the AMV I linked because you don't take my takes seriously which indicates that you are either unable to defend your opinion, or are simply not willing to. I am, then, not willing to waste your time. Have a great day.
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

15 by Ronninn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

4 by mufarari »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 12

68 by IbnAurum »»
May 16, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 3

45 by Myetx »»
May 16, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

33 by FelloniusWizard »»
May 16, 2:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.