Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 7:30 PM
Oct 2020
I don't see much people talk about this anime. Is it thanks to Disney+'s zero promotion? Or is the source just not that popular in general?
Apr 28, 7:39 PM
Feb 2024
I don't know what it actually is, but i know i am hyped about it. It looks to have good animation, story and characters so i am hyped.
Apr 28, 7:43 PM
Feb 2022
it might be because of disney+. i had no idea this show was on that streaming service. i think the same happened to undead unluck
Apr 28, 10:29 PM
Jul 2014
Disney+ plus the start of the series who is pretty simple and calm. I think we need to start the next battle arc for catch a new batch of people
Apr 28, 11:39 PM
Mar 2023
0 Disney plus promotion + Disney plus making it hard to pirate with good subs = no one watching
Apr 29, 12:25 AM

Jan 2021
don't see any reason why people will talk about it. when new shows on their first couple of episodes become popular it's usually because of one (and some time more) of those reasons:

-source material already being popular.
eg. kaiju N.8

-already well written and unique in first episode.
eg. "oshi no ko"

-production values (animation, sound etc...).
eg. ninja kamui

i guess other reasons such as a popular creator hyping it up or a controversy behind a series or one of it's creators, could also boost it's popularity. but from what i saw this don't happen much or when they do they also have another reason from the one i mentioned.

but yea, long story short yozakura family doesn't have anything that will make it popular.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Apr 29, 3:00 AM
Nov 2019
Does this get better? I dont find first 2 eps interesting
Apr 29, 3:07 AM
Dec 2020
I think it's because this show is very mid, and most of the family members are just too goofy to like.
Apr 29, 4:56 AM

Feb 2010
The early part of the story is super weak. The D+ exclusivity doesn't help either. However when we get to the first proper villain things might pick up since that's what saved the manga from cancelation
Apr 29, 5:52 AM
Nov 2023
I sailed the seas under the Jolly Roger to see this, but after 3 eps I went back to dry land. Really unrelatable characters and story, just not for me.
Apr 29, 6:43 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Rinkitori31
Does this get better? I dont find first 2 eps interesting
@Rinkitori31 Yes, though as a manga reader I will point out the beginning is slow. Though I imagine it will take a 3-4 episode to get into the first proper arc of the series. That's when the series starts to find its rhythm. Tho I don't think the anime won't hit its stride until the 2nd half S1. That's assuming animation holds up.

Honestly if you are feeling iffy I would put it on hold and come back to it in July.
tripleaaminApr 30, 2:39 AM
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
It's a mid tier Shonen Jump series. It has its fans (like me) but it's not gonna be a mega hit. It doesn't help that it has a reborn type progression where the early parts are much more comedic and episodic before getting serious partway in
Apr 29, 11:24 PM
Sep 2021
because it's extremely mid
Apr 30, 2:07 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to tripleaamin
@Rinkitori31 Yes, though as a manga reader I will point out the beginning is slow. Though I imagine it will take a 3-4 episode to get into the first proper arc of the series. That's when the series starts to find its rhythm. Tho I don't think the anime won't hit its stride until the 2nd half S1. That's assuming animation holds up.

Honestly if you are feeling iffy I would put it on hold and come back to it in July.
@tripleaamin Thanks for your information
I dont mind the slow pacing, I'm just afraid that if this show is overrated or not, so I have to ask in order to decide to drop or to keep watching (because I picked too much shows this season 😂). Im gonna keep watching
Rinkitori31Apr 30, 2:11 AM
Apr 30, 4:09 AM
Jul 2020
as an early manga reader of this anime (have passed chapter 160 where they announced an anime adaptation), *the manga is an absolute must read* cuz im ngl and not exaggerating when i say the manga is potentially *one of the top modern shonen jump* ( 1st manga chapter release : 2019 ). in the midst of reading, i was hyped and had high expectations on the (at the time) unreleased anime.

but seeing the release trailer and after watching the first few episodes ( currently on hold at 2 ) i was disappointed since there's *too much* downgrading aspects (most noticeable being the unseriousness).

in short, yes the anime might be enjoyed by some but as someone who reads the manga, it is currently a letdown

[ self p/s. note ] [ rant ] [ tldr ]

i might be bias towards the manga / had too high of an expectation since the manga is packed with all these action panel, fight scene, balanced with a great amount of unexpected humorous comedy and bittersweet romance (and an appropriate amount of fan service) that makes you feel all sorts of emotions and keeps you on this emotional roller coaster

and this one is personal, but i really think they could've did a better job at hiring some (better) voice actors for some of the characters like shion and kengo to have a cooler voice, and nanao to have 2 voice actors for
[ SPOILER ALERT ]
<< since nanao have 2 forms, so his current voice is a LOT more suitable when he's in his kid form, his usual form requires a deeper/hoarse/monstrous voice>>

but yea im still rooting for the upcoming episodes to be better and for the animation to stay more loyal to the manga ( they do, but im still expecting a more loyal adaptation :p ) since they've already added imo so many unneccessary parts even as early as ep2/ chptr2 of the manga and not to mention the awkward transition in episode 2 at 4:45

i could go on forever ranting about the unloyal adaptation on JUST episode 2 but that would be too much put out here

[ rant tldr ]
in short, decide for yourself about the anime and READ THE MANGA IT'S REALLY GOOD
Apr 30, 2:03 PM

Feb 2019
Another victim of Hulu/Disney sadly
May 3, 6:18 AM
Feb 2024
I Dropped this Shit!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

46 by Ske80 »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

28 by lirdrigoniaz »»
May 22, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5

57 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 20, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

59 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 19, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

116 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 19, 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.