Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 28, 2:02 PM
Jan 2021
I really like the manga, the artstyle is masterpiece. But are they making this anime with powerpoint? its so bad. I was eagerly awaiting the release of the anime and the result made me disappointed.
Apr 28, 2:05 PM
May 2016
You should count the frames, because it has an okay animation.
Apr 28, 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
ktg said:

what is this powerpoint transitions
Apr 28, 2:16 PM
May 2020
so what are you saying is that you don't know the difference between a transition and animations, right?
The anime looks quite good.
Apr 28, 2:16 PM
May 2016
apote said:
ktg said:

what is this powerpoint transitions

Yes, they overused it (only in the latest ep), but the animation is still okay.
Apr 28, 2:17 PM
Jan 2021
ModiaX said:
so what are you saying is that you don't know the difference between a transition and animations, right?
The anime looks quite good.

its not just the animations*
Apr 28, 2:18 PM
Jan 2021
sometimes its looking pretty good and sometimes its bad. You can clearly see that
Apr 28, 2:20 PM

Apr 2021
Well, no surprise if the production was scuffed behind the scenes. There was a director change and it had to be delayed.

Just looked and yeah, episode 3 was outsourced to Studio Shigure. Not even any animators were credited, just the studio.
Apr 28, 2:21 PM
Nov 2022
apote said:
I really like the manga, the artstyle is masterpiece. But are they making this anime with powerpoint? its so bad. I was eagerly awaiting the release of the anime and the result made me disappointed.

It sometimes hit or miss, kinda like the last Episode with the transitions. But overall, I would say the art design, setting, and animation has been pretty good.
Apr 28, 2:22 PM
May 2020
apote said:
sometimes its looking pretty good and sometimes its bad. You can clearly see that

but that's just every anime ever, no?
Apr 28, 2:26 PM
May 2023
this man is trying so hard to defend his opinion (which is arguably wrong) ✋🏻😭
Apr 28, 2:26 PM

Aug 2020
I agree it’s good some aspects bad in some, like the cgi crowds in the op that they just put center focus not even trying to hide. I also had the same reaction to the transitions although I am used to them now. It’s a shame because we don’t get enough yuri shows but it’s not absolutely rubbish by any means.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Apr 28, 2:34 PM
Apr 2022
no it not . it get better
Apr 28, 2:47 PM
May 2023
apote said:

the PowerPoint transitions were really really bad, and why using that so many times?
Apr 28, 2:57 PM
Apr 2022
the transitions are bad other than that I like the animation!
Apr 28, 3:21 PM
May 2023
Riper97 said:
apote said:

the PowerPoint transitions were really really bad, and why using that so many times?

I maybe thought that they were like mini chapters in the manga (I.e chapter x .2)
Apr 28, 3:32 PM

Jul 2017
Not a fan of the bland, vanilla story and characters but the manga did have solid art overall and the anime has just really struggled to convey that at all. For a proper anime, the animation is very, very limited and still-dependent but the transitions definitely make it even worse. Compared to how expressive and 'cute' the manga tries to look with success, the anime feels very stiff, overly bright, and poorly animated with transitions being very poor which leads to immersion-breaking experiences in its bigger moments. It's a shame.
Apr 28, 3:58 PM
Feb 2021
I’m just happy to see it get an anime. Manga will always be better though
Apr 28, 4:51 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to Oongbuh
Well, no surprise if the production was scuffed behind the scenes. There was a director change and it had to be delayed.

Just looked and yeah, episode 3 was outsourced to Studio Shigure. Not even any animators were credited, just the studio.
@Oongbuh Hey man i got a little question. How do you check out stuff like that? Like which animators and studio worked on which episodes. Do you just look at the credits at the end of an episode or are there any sites that i can look at.
Apr 28, 6:05 PM
Aug 2022
apote said:

The anime has fine animation, idk why you’re complaining about animation for a romance anime.

I’ll admit the PowerPoint transitions last episode kinda took me out but that’s not animation.
Apr 28, 6:14 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to OiGon
@Oongbuh Hey man i got a little question. How do you check out stuff like that? Like which animators and studio worked on which episodes. Do you just look at the credits at the end of an episode or are there any sites that i can look at.
@OiGon Sites like ANN and AniDB serve well, although they don't always have "complete" information. So yeah, just looking at the credits (if you know at least some JP obviously) is the most accurate way
Apr 28, 7:28 PM
Apr 2022
I have nothing to complain about animation
Apr 28, 9:40 PM
Jun 2022
I agree, those weird trasitions in the last episode were really bad. Hopefully that was the only time they let the trainee edit an episode lol
Apr 28, 10:13 PM

Feb 2020
The obligatory "bad" animation thread. Yawn.
Apr 28, 10:31 PM
Nov 2018
Serafos said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. No matter what anime it is. Feels like this thread is a requirement for any of them.
Apr 28, 10:32 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Moppit
Serafos said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. No matter what anime it is. Feels like this thread is a requirement for any of them.
@Moppit Indeed. Some people are never happy.
Apr 28, 11:14 PM
Mar 2021
PowerPoint transitions doesn't mean bad animation lol. Personally I think the 2006 style transitions are charming and at least more exciting than abrupt scene jumps

Just as a comparison, Star Wars movies often have scene transitions that make PowerPoint look sophisticated

The animation for this show isn't likely to win any awards, but it's nice. People just love finding things to complain about
Apr 29, 12:03 AM

Jan 2021
The animation is ok, it’s the transitions that are ass. They could’ve done anything else, especially when there were 2 of them in the span of a minute. It’s still enjoyable though
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 29, 12:42 AM
Nov 2023
Zoom transitions are not the exclusive preserve of PowerPoint. They've been available to misuse in video editing software for years too. If they irk you so much in Whisper, just envisage the Batman transition instead. 😂
Apr 29, 1:10 AM
Apr 2022
I'm only watching this anime bc the 2 girls reminded me of the girls from oregairu
Apr 29, 5:59 AM
Nov 2023
I blame Frieren for the current trend in complaints about animation. After that, everything else looks badly made.
But still, this is above average for a romance, nothing terribly edited has made me break immersion so far.
Apr 29, 7:55 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to Oongbuh
@OiGon Sites like ANN and AniDB serve well, although they don't always have "complete" information. So yeah, just looking at the credits (if you know at least some JP obviously) is the most accurate way
@Oongbuh Oh ok. Thanks for the information.
Apr 29, 11:55 AM
Feb 2024
I had no problems with the animation personally it's not a mappa anime but it's not supposed to be, it's cute, fun, and the music is lovely 💫 not everything has to be so serious
Apr 29, 5:07 PM
May 2023
Another pointless discussion. cool.
Apr 30, 4:50 AM

Mar 2014

Theres definitely a miss. for example, in around 18:23 the animation did not catch up the VA's perfect voice acting that Himari already started sobbing but the animation frame still focused on her derpy face.
May 1, 1:44 PM
Nov 2021
The first 2 episodes looked incredible but throughout the entire third episode I was completely distracted by just how bad the animation was. The audio doesn’t match up with the animation sometimes, Himari looks different in every scene, there’s more still frames than actual animation and the transitions look awful. That all sounded harsh but compared to the first 2 episodes it’s a complete downgrade. Hopefully the rest of the show looks better but I have a feeling they might’ve blown their time and or budget with the first 2 episodes.
froggie-1709May 1, 2:24 PM
May 2, 3:16 PM
Feb 2021
Go back to your manga then or i have a better idea DO IT YOURSELF

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

70 by yozora82 »»
Yesterday, 12:22 PM

» Poorly Animated

negatives - May 3

28 by Rosenfla »»
Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 11

38 by Rosenfla »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

88 by JJ200686 »»
May 9, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

66 by qtsruna_chan »»
May 9, 1:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.