Forum Settings
Forums

Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 5:56 AM

Mar 2021
I know what a few users look like, but that does not really affect my interactions with them.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

May 2, 6:06 AM

Jan 2009
Meusnier said:
Noboru said:
You can use simpler and more common language to be better understandable, but it wasn't a form of under-exaggerating either way. Secondly, I have no idea why you're referring the Anime and even write it in Japanese. Tsuki ga Kirei - The moon is beautiful. It's been longer that I've seen the Anime and I have completely forgotten about the contents. Racine is apparently a famous French classic author, but since I'm not French, we didn't have him in school and I would be also hard pressed to make any reference with classic German authors as I was never really into classic literature. So I don't get that reference, either
Last but not least, it's completely irrelevant what my "arch-nemesis" thinks (in case I still have one), particularly when I'm not really interested in her despite finding her beautiful. But beauty alone doesn't make a woman loveable as Walther von der Vogelweide mentioned

It would not be amusing to write in a transparent way. If you cannot remember about Dazai's quote on love an interpretation of the title of this anime, this is your issue... I am surprised that you had never heard about Racine, but in fact, I was thinking of Corneille's Va, je ne te hais point. from Le Cid which could rightfully be interpreted as a love confession. You should make references to obscure German writers, some people might learn new things (I doubt that I would though...).

How do you know how she looks like?
Ah I get it now, the title of the Anime is about some common Japanese phrase for a love confession
I'm not that much into classic literature and dramas in general, so I can't say anything about the French writers you've mentioned.
Walther von der Vogelweide has been the most famous German poet in the middle ages and had been known as the most famous until Goethe. His quote is far more fitting here, because it is absurd to think that a mere passing remark here and there would count even remotely as a love confession:

Bî der schœne ist dicke haz,
zuo der schœne niemen si ze gâch.
Liep tuot dem herzen baz,
der liebe gêt diu schœne nâch.
Liebe machet schœne wîp,
des mac diu schœne niht getoun, sine
machet nimmer lieben lîp.

Die Schönheit geht eng zusammen mit
großem Neid,
niemand sollte es zur Schönheit hin zu
eilig haben.
Die Liebe ist für das Herz besser,
die Schönheit rangiert erst hinter der
Liebe.
Die Liebe bewirkt erst, daß die Frauen
schön werden,
das vermag die Schönheit alleine nicht,
sie macht das Lieben niemals angenehm

https://www.s-lessmann.de/Walther%20von%20der%20Vogelweides%20Lied%20Herzeliebez%20vrowelin.pdf

Or another one:

Waz sol ein man der niht engert 4
gewerbes umb ein reine wîp?
si lâze in iemer ungewert,
40 ez tiuret doch wol sînen lîp. 40
Er tuo dur einer willen sô
daz er den andern wol behage:
sô tuot in ouch ein ander frô,
ob im diu eine gar versage.

(4) Was taugt ein Mann, der sich nicht sehnt, eine reine Frau zu gewinnen? Und wenn sie auch nie sich ihm schenkt, sein Werben
(40) macht sein Leben reicher und edler. Er soll der einen zuliebe so sein und so handeln, daß er allen gefällt: so mag eine andere ihn glücklich machen, wenn die eine sich ihm versagt.

https://www3.nd.edu/~gantho/anth164-353/Walther336-344.html

She has posted pictures of herself here and there where everyone can see. But as she mentioned herself: she is nothing special. Similar to how a single flower is nothing special. Yet you can still admire the beauty and point it out when you see it. It's kind of a disappointment to me that you've apparently mistaken a few passing compliments here and there with being interested in her in the form of simping or even deeper interest. I know too little of her to be considering courting her in any form. Plus, I don't see it worth for just because she's beautiful. There are plenty of beautiful girls/women out there, but only love has the power of automatically turning girls/women beautiful, but it doesn't work the other way around. Beauty makes someone not automatically lovable.
If you're trying to investigate the potential love interests of MAL users, you need to do a much better job
NoboruMay 5, 5:23 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I showed the music that I've produced to my father, he liked it

weirdmusty7 - Today

16 by Kwanthemaster »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 10

74 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
8 minutes ago

» Twitter is officially X.com now

deg - Today

22 by Kwanthemaster »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

31 by DesuMaiden »»
42 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

54 by DesuMaiden »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.