Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 8:49 PM
May 2022
Jason-Skyrunner said:
@Eckl3
Again, that quote only reflects what the show tells us. I was very clear in that quote. I'm not saying that an actual answer was given. I'm saying the show was acting as though the answer was provided and that there was no need to press on because we reached the finish line. Whether or not I agree with that and/or why is not the point. The show has to be consistent. If it invents a reason via retcons to explain why we didn't get an answer, that's just cheating.

This kind of feels tiring (no offense) because no matter how many times I point out how we need to stay on season 1 in order to establish future facts, you can’t stop imposing the later seasons onto it. The only thing Kirito said was that he spoke with someone from the Ministry and told them all about SAO. He says nothing about sending detectives out to investigate other stuff, he says nothing about some secret government project, and he says nothing about Kikuoka.

And again, on the World SEED, this only shows that Reki eventually used prior mechanics to explain future stories. This isn’t what I’m talking about. I’m talking about setting up prior things for storytelling, and not retroactively telling past stories in the future. Just because the Underworld couldn’t exist without the SEED, doesn’t mean the SEED set up the Underworld. Those are two separate topics. When writers foreshadow properly, this becomes an “Aha! I remember that! Now it’s all coming together.” moment. When a writer retcons instead, it becomes “Huh…? Really?”

The anime is not “representing death”, it’s just giving it a different consequence and tying it to a video game, or just not commenting on it at all because it’s obvious.

LOL, what?! In what way did you interpret that as me being angry? I’m actually shocked now. I asked “Uh... really? Sword skills? Cardinal? That's what you're appealing to?” but I wasn’t angry or even aggressive. I was just genuinely surprised.

Yes, Ordinal Scale was about the loss of a loved one. Honestly, I don’t think it necessarily needed to be a death game. It could have just been a personal, emotional journey, but the movie wasn’t satisfied with that, so the stakes amped up for the third act… perhaps to be like Aincrad…?

Again, I’m not upset, and you sure as hell didn’t offend me. You’ve been kind this whole time.

ok, ok. I get what you're saying. sorry for jumping to conclusions too. you are right that looking at it through season 1. it sets up nothing for the later seasons. I get that. Sure, maybe the it doesn't set up for the rest of the seasons. I'm just saying that it's not the worst ideas in the world to retxon. I mean, he might have been able to end it there but didn't. sorry for not just looking at season 1. looking at it though, you are right, it doesn't make sense at all ig. he does try to connect the later seasons with the seed is what I'm saying. I don't think I was saying anything about sending out detectives or whatnot. what I meant was that the people who handled the SAO incident was led by kikuoka and kirito got information from him about which hospital asuna was in since everything was confidential.

I think to answer to what is SAO anymore is that it's sort of about survival rn and finding answers to different questions.
May 1, 11:33 PM
Mar 2021
i feel that they rushed it u no.
i still love it,one of my fave anime of all time
Anime Rules the world
May 4, 2:34 PM
Feb 2024
SAO was good for the first arc but after the first arc uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah it was not good. I know I probably should’ve dropped it there but I didn’t think it was gonna be that bad. After the second arc I first put bleach in my eyes then went to SAO 2 which was ok for the most of it I liked Sinon’s character but what didn’t make sense to me was that how are you scared of guns when you play a game with guns. After that… I didn’t watch any SAO after that. So just take my advice and just watch “No Game No Life” or heck even “HxH Greed Island arc.” They were better than SAO. So that’s basically my opinion.
May 6, 8:27 PM
Feb 2022
actually what happened was the author didn't expect that sao will become famous once he was writing the novel so he rushed the novel when he was " I think 16 years old or so".
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.