Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Shin is going around taking requests. That fox he saved also becomes not only just his friend but also a companion in his adventures. Seems this guy knows how to make he most from what he sees.

Pretty meh episode. Honestly, nothing really excited me about this episode whether it's about Shin (his dull personality doesn't help here) or the general tone. Hoping next episode will be better since it seems to be seting some things up.
Apr 27, 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
I just love Wilhelm
Apr 27, 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
I feel like reincarnation seems too simplistic for whatever's going on with the MC, but I can see that's how the NPCs would view it.
Apr 27, 1:07 PM

Feb 2019
So is Wilhelm not a massive Cu from Fate reference lol?

Lacia was great and stole the show in this episode, but if Shin’s gonna go around taking requests like this he’s definitely going to bring attention to himself. Taking on loads of high level monsters and just talking about it like it’s nothing.. someone’s gonna learn the truth about him being isekai’d eventually.

Speaking of which, Wilhelm kinda implied Shin may not be alone. If there’s others in this world who have knowledge of things that no one else does, surely there’s other former players? The plot thickens

They’ve been teasing the hell out of Schnee showing up for the last two episodes.. thought she and Shin would meet today, but another cliffhanger with her at the end. Hopefully we get to see the two of them link up next week. I can tell she’s going to be great.
Marinate1016Apr 27, 1:17 PM
Apr 27, 3:16 PM

Mar 2010
Much much better, love training montages and the anticipation of old colleagues meeting up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 4:58 PM
Sep 2013
Did anyone else notice that Shin's eyes weren't aligned during the conversation with the nun (~8 min in). I've never seen an anime character with a lazy eye before.
Apr 27, 9:09 PM
Dec 2021
Bueno el 3er cap. Esperamos el reencuentro del prota con la elfa.
Apr 27, 9:13 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, that little Fox is kinda cute, I want one on top of my head too, LOL.

Also, LOL @ Lacia constantly fumbling and biting her tongue, she's so cute.

Schnee looks hawt in that maid outfit.

Feels like they're going to run into each other while fighting undead.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 27, 9:25 PM

Jul 2008
I like the fox, but why hasn't the MC taken over the world yet?
Apr 27, 10:51 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to bossunhimeswitch
I feel like reincarnation seems too simplistic for whatever's going on with the MC, but I can see that's how the NPCs would view it.
@bossunhimeswitch Well, no, reincarnation system is actually a system implemented in the game. Akin to a pokemon evol or NG+ really. Well, not really, maybe akin to rogue-lite mechanics would be more appropriate. If I'm not misremembering, you started of back from lv 1 but with higher base stats. In fact a high version of any race (i.e. High Human) can only be achieved through multiple iterations of reincarnations (in game).

Humans are basically the weakest race out of all, but on contrary, High Human is the strongest. So basically by starting of as a human, you'd be playing on higher difficulty, but with higher rewards if you managed to underwent multiple reincarnations and achieving High Human, which AFAIK was only ever achieved by 6 players out of thousands during the game era, A.K.A. the 6 Devas (incl. Shin).

However, such things would only possible bc it was a game back then. Dying in game would only be the same as simple as respawning. But now that this is a reality, dying would mean to actually die. So ppl are no longer reincarnating on whims, as such the number of reincarnated ppl are very2 rare. As consequence, the existence of high version of any races would also became very2 rare as well, since you'd need reincarnation system (multiple times) to even achieved it.

Regarding the existence of Chosen Ones, there's also another secret related to it, that shall be revealed later (might not be in this season actually).
uncleqrowApr 27, 11:10 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 28, 1:02 AM
Mar 2012
Yuzuha not a petlike name but alright, contract a nice scene.
Old nun sees the bad in people huh.
Millie quite fun, so prescience same as Amako in the Healer show.
Shin becoming a good babysitter. Wilhelm such a genuine nice bro.
Tiera letter amusing. New cast all at Ghost Plains, wonder if reunion take long as that S rank daughter show?
Apr 28, 1:36 AM
Feb 2017
Marinate1016 said:

Lacia was great and stole the show in this episode, but if Shin’s gonna go around taking requests like this he’s definitely going to bring attention to himself. Taking on loads of high level monsters and just talking about it like it’s nothing.. someone’s gonna learn the truth about him being isekai’d eventually.

Speaking of which, Wilhelm kinda implied Shin may not be alone. If there’s others in this world who have knowledge of things that no one else does, surely there’s other former players? The plot thickens

They’ve been teasing the hell out of Schnee showing up for the last two episodes.. thought she and Shin would meet today, but another cliffhanger with her at the end. Hopefully we get to see the two of them link up next week. I can tell she’s going to be great.

I know they keep teasing her but I would say probably episode 5 they'll meet up
Apr 28, 2:14 AM

Aug 2013
Power leveling, but would've been nice to get a grasp of what the average levels are to put it into perspective.

Schnee and MC about to meet up soon too it seems.
Apr 28, 4:30 AM

Feb 2010
uncleqrow said:
@bossunhimeswitch Well, no, reincarnation system is actually a system implemented in the game. Akin to a pokemon evol or NG+ really. Well, not really, maybe akin to rogue-lite mechanics would be more appropriate. If I'm not misremembering, you started of back from lv 1 but with higher base stats. In fact a high version of any race (i.e. High Human) can only be achieved through multiple iterations of reincarnations (in game).

Humans are basically the weakest race out of all, but on contrary, High Human is the strongest. So basically by starting of as a human, you'd be playing on higher difficulty, but with higher rewards if you managed to underwent multiple reincarnations and achieving High Human, which AFAIK was only ever achieved by 6 players out of thousands during the game era, A.K.A. the 6 Devas (incl. Shin).

However, such things would only possible bc it was a game back then. Dying in game would only be the same as simple as respawning. But now that this is a reality, dying would mean to actually die. So ppl are no longer reincarnating on whims, as such the number of reincarnated ppl are very2 rare. As consequence, the existence of high version of any races would also became very2 rare as well, since you'd need reincarnation system (multiple times) to even achieved it.

Regarding the existence of Chosen Ones, there's also another secret related to it, that shall be revealed later (might not be in this season actually).

This was not an invitation to spoil me. I forgot that people will do this if I don't clarify that. Sorry for the confusion
Apr 28, 5:26 AM
Oct 2022
FINALLY… from here on in we start to get to the meat of this thing. Schnee is so pretty. I truly believe most people will really like this show by the end of the season. It really is a good story and so far has stayed right with the manga. Unfortunately this one that I haven’t read the LN (I haven’t even looked if there is one but I’m pretty sure there is) These next few episodes will have a lot more action and bust the story wide open. Can’t wait! 😜
Apr 28, 5:28 AM
Sep 2021
Shinya continues his adventure in the new gate, completing request & all other stuff. He is making new friends & also challenging the unknown.
Apr 28, 6:53 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to bossunhimeswitch
uncleqrow said:

This was not an invitation to spoil me. I forgot that people will do this if I don't clarify that. Sorry for the confusion
@bossunhimeswitch Well, it's not a spoiler really. The anime should've already mentioned abt the nature of High Human at this point, if they ever opt to do so. And regarding the nature of reincarnation should also be explained alongside this EP as well. At least that's how it was in the LN. Moreover, they're simply lore of the New Gate, not really anything relating to the plot and stories, which is also why I highly doubt the anime will ever dive into it if it was not already explained in this EP.

Really, the New Gate (the LN) is structured so that most of the basic game era mechanics were already exposed in the first few chaps of the LN. ex: high version of each races, the 6 Devas, reincarnation system, etc. Really, if the anime has never explained it to this point, they were never going to. So treat this as simple bonus lore instead.
uncleqrowApr 28, 6:57 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 28, 7:28 AM
Apr 2023
I wish the best to everyone watching this. Have been a fan of the manga for ages, but the style difference between the mamga and anime, for some reason I can't deal with. No ill intent to the animators and everyone to make it. But the manga just looks 1000% better, I hope you all enjoy it.
Apr 28, 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
Shin forming a contract with the Elementail, and calling it Yuzuha, it's just normal progression.

Onto the usual quests, an unranked one by the church caught his eye, given his affiliation with Millie, which was requested by the nun Tria. Yuzuha is the result of Shin saving it, but the skill holder quest to grant Tria a specific skill, Shin has the prerequisites to do so, but he needs to know its movements, as well as Millie's powers, of which she has the Star Composer title to predict the future. Likewise with one of the sisters needing to learn Purify, it's a rather stressed-out situation of a job. And upon understanding the orphans of the orphanage, Shin connects the dots and knows how to deal with the circumstances where it stems from.

Sister Lacia, the one deemed for the skill holder, Shin still needs to test her. With Wilhelm back with a rather menacing personality, the pre-requisites have been accounted for with Shin with a Holy Prayer orb, and Lacia only needs to kill 200 Level 150 undead monsters in the Ghost Plains to complete the job. But Shin hearing that the reincarnation theme is still going around in the future, it's quite a taboo topic if kept to a close contact. But still, Lacia has to initiate the final kill (or heal rather) for it to be counted, as much as Shin and Wilhelm are helping her with the hard parts fo exterminating the monsters close to near-death.

It's clear that Schnee...is found with the Princess's group, weaved together with the newfound sword.

Still a long way to go reuniting both Shin and Schnee...
Apr 28, 2:45 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Marinate1016

@Marinate1016 Does it matter? He's practically a God, belonging to a race thought extinct half a millenium ago. The people of this world remember him and his peers as legendary heroes. Oh, and he could kill emo-demon-dude-bro in five seconds flat if he felt like it. What's the threat to him?

This is really unoriginal but honestly I like it.
Apr 28, 2:47 PM

Feb 2019
Love_And_Forward said:
@Marinate1016 Does it matter? He's practically a God, belonging to a race thought extinct half a millenium ago. The people of this world remember him and his peers as legendary heroes. Oh, and he could kill emo-demon-dude-bro in five seconds flat if he felt like it. What's the threat to him?

Who said there was a threat to him..
Apr 28, 2:48 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
Love_And_Forward said:

Who said there was a threat to him..
@Marinate1016 True.
Apr 29, 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
Nice! This series is getting better in terms of world building. (I don't remember the manga that much but the animation is decent)

They somehow didn't skipped the training of the nun from the church, and we also get to see Schnee at the end! Her voice was somehow lovely!
I'm looking forward to Schnee's many scenes going forward!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 1, 3:01 AM
Mar 2020
Shin showing the way to grind for skills
May 1, 12:52 PM
Aug 2021
Mostly skipped this episode cause of how boring it was, the MC is so generically dull and nothing here has any worth for me to care about it, I'll hang around one more episode to see where it goes
May 3, 5:32 PM

Sep 2015
Wilhelm is nice lol, I'm liking his interactions with the MC so far

So nice to have Ono voicing the MC, he's talented at making me like his characters
May 3, 11:00 PM

Feb 2019
shin's become a quick fave amongst the orphaned kids lol they loved his head pats lol
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Feb 2021
Schnee is so powerful.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

25 by gophercg »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

29 by DarrenRice »»
Today, 12:41 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20

25 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

101 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM

» Disappointing animation?

AniPeo - Apr 21

16 by slavemaster_1991 »»
May 13, 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.