Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it's great they got that video out to the public.

It's also great to see the main leads together even if their opinions aren't all on the same page. Mion is such a heavy drinker though, seems like she was way too emotional prone in this episode. These girls still have great potential for the future. Can't wait to see what other ideas they can come up with.
Apr 27, 9:34 AM

Feb 2020
The hard work is starting to pay off. Good job, girls!

Kiwi is so adorable. :3

I really liked the Sunflower Dolls.

SerafosApr 27, 10:38 AM
Apr 27, 9:46 AM

Apr 2016
Our girls on that famed content creator grind with their first video xD

But anyway, it must really be a nice place to work, that cafe our gang is part timing for ... no customers, and all they do is work on their stuff, lol ... that is, before it all turned into a home visit with pizza ...

Also, a nice contrast, the super over-produced idol groups vs almost a bunch of dropouts with nothing but talent and passion ... but as it was correctly pointed out, there is life outside of this still.
Apr 27, 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
What will you do when you enter your oshi's house? yeah... collect the air as much as possible.
Their vid is now popular, nice!

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 27, 10:09 AM

Feb 2021
DTM apparently stands for "desktop music" (music created using a computer). These are called 和製英語 (wasei eigo lit. Japanese-made English) - pseudo-English word or phrase coined in Japan. Another example is TPO - (appropriate to) time, place, occasion.
There is a scene after the song.
I have a guess that the video went viral because someone recognized Kano's voice, which may lead to more drama >_<
Apr 27, 10:12 AM

Mar 2021
So great to see the girls hard work paid off and that their new song went viral almost immediately they deserve all the success.
Apr 27, 10:16 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, Kano backstory told by her drunk onee-san.

The group seems to fit together nicely, opening up to each, building trust and create understanding. But one does wonder if revealing more of each other past might break them eventually.
Apr 27, 10:19 AM

Apr 2022
over 5k retweets and only a little over 9k likes?? Ain't no way, You couldn't find a tweet with that weird ass ratio
Apr 27, 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
Was mostly a nothing episode till the final few minutes, a bit cheesy but after learning about a piece of Kano's backstory, was a bit better seeing them work together to produce something on time and guess what, it happens to be viral. Don't really like the characters much still but the ending portion's chemistry was better than the first half of the episode that was shown.
Apr 27, 10:26 AM
Mar 2018
Okay....what in the world made the "hate it " vote go up that much???
Apr 27, 10:28 AM

Mar 2023
Pretty nice when the TV turns off and it becomes a mirror so she has to look at herself instead of at her self-imposed "rivals"
Apr 27, 10:34 AM

Jan 2016
I find the difference between the activities of the Sunflower Dolls and the main cast so interesting to see. Both are looking to buzz or trend, but one have to do something I find cringe or embarassing while the other is overworking but having fun.
You can really see the difference in the atmosphere of the groups

It has been a treat having a lot of new songs being sang by Rieri... the MVs, lyrics and vibes are also so good
Apr 27, 10:51 AM

Jun 2021
The reaction of other characters about their viral music video would be interesting.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 27, 10:55 AM
Apr 2022
They estimated that making the MV in between school and their other work may take a month, but thanks to The Power Of Friendship plot armor, they made the song over one night, that then went successfully viral over the morning.

Story gets as believable as the Sundolls being produced by Kano's mom.

The backstories of the main characters sound like they put effort into it, but this plot sounds lazy, artificial and contrived.

Lets hope the story does not implode further, it had a good first 3 episodes.
Apr 27, 12:58 PM

May 2019
Decent episode with Kano's sister revealing some of Kano's past to the girls. I am curious as to how they went viral and I agree with the poster here that said someone most likely recognized Kano's voice which most likely helped.
Apr 27, 1:11 PM
Sep 2022
I don't know what to think very well about this anime. I'll wait to see how it develops.
Apr 27, 1:12 PM
Apr 2023
While most think the episode is so-so. I think it finishes off everything that was left behind by previous episodes and a good fresh start.
Apr 27, 1:16 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Hormigo
I don't know what to think very well about this anime. I'll wait to see how it develops.
@Hormigo using my instinct, I believe the story will continue with more idol drama and them doing cute things, creating music, while slowly getting more famous than idols

near the end, Kano's identity will be revealed, she will be asked by a big record label, but she will choose her friends. The end.
Apr 27, 1:25 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
With the fourth episode, we get to learn about Kano's past and see that her relationship with her former idol group, Sunflower Dolls, is a much more personal one, with her mother Hayakawa Yukine as its producer. It's easy to see just how she is motivated by her mother's acknowledgment, and thus why she fell into her struggles after the scandal causing her to leave the group. It's also evident that is the reason why she is desperate to speed up the schedule of Jelee's MV releases once we see the comeback imminent comeback of Sunflower Dolls.

My favorite moment of this episode was Kano tearing up, realizing how good her 3 new friends are, after they welcome her back and do their best to accommodate Kano's scheduling wishes. As members of Jelee, the team has formally gotten together in person, and acknowledged Kano as their leader, with Mahiru's jellyfish gift symbolizing that.

Apr 27, 1:41 PM

Feb 2019
The girls deserve a nice break after all the work they put in today to make the deadline for the MV. S/O to Doga Kobo for actually putting a ton of effort into it and showing it as the ED.

Slow start to the episode other than the girls finally meeting Kiui in person. For someone who’s kinda been a shut in for a long time she adjusted pretty quickly to the friend group. Looking forward to seeing more of her. It’s sweet how all of the JELEE members had their hopes and dreams dashed or deferred and fell on hard times, now they’re together and working towards them as a unit.

Second half is where things really got interesting as we got some nice lore about Kano and met her older sister. Her mom being her producer as an idol makes things a lot more interesting, and raises some questions about just what really happened with her bandmate. I doubt it was as simple as just punching her.

Kano becoming really depressed after being forced to leave the group makes a ton of sense considering how much she values her mom’s approval. No coincidence that she wanted to drop the JELEE MV on the same day as her old idol group make their return. Her tearing up when she realised how everyone sacrificed time from their busy schedules to meet in person and get the MV out by Wednesday was so cute. After losing that sense of belonging she felt in her idol group, she’s finally got something like that again.

Awesome episode
Marinate1016Apr 27, 4:57 PM
Apr 27, 1:55 PM
Sep 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Another episode of peak yuri. Doga Kobo masterclass coming

sorry for the question. Is it a real Yuri or is it the typical anime that uses Yuri bait?
Apr 27, 2:17 PM

Feb 2019
Hormigo said:
Marinate1016 said:

sorry for the question. Is it a real Yuri or is it the typical anime that uses Yuri bait?

So far it’s just undertones, romance is not the focus of the story.
Apr 27, 2:36 PM
Jan 2023
Damn, that was so good! The whole music production thing was done so well, the people making this show really seem to know their stuff. Don't we all just love sound drivers breaking like that... Been there before...

An all nighter, a look into Kano's past too. Oh and they went viral over night... This episode went by so quickly, can't wait to see what they decide to do next. Well got a week to wait until the next episode.

This show is honestly looking like 10/10 material so far, I really hope they can keep this up.
Apr 27, 2:54 PM
Jun 2023
Loving these ending animations to show the results of their work. I'm curious to see if it continues to be an every episode thing after doing it twice in a row now. I can see how the conflict for the series is set up now given the reveal of the identity of the producer as Kano's mom. It will be interesting to see how they handle that through the rest of the show.
Apr 27, 3:12 PM

Jun 2023
Mei collecting the air of Kano’s apartment probably won’t be the most degenerate thing she’ll do lol
Apr 27, 3:34 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to thehornedrat
They estimated that making the MV in between school and their other work may take a month, but thanks to The Power Of Friendship plot armor, they made the song over one night, that then went successfully viral over the morning.

Story gets as believable as the Sundolls being produced by Kano's mom.

The backstories of the main characters sound like they put effort into it, but this plot sounds lazy, artificial and contrived.

Lets hope the story does not implode further, it had a good first 3 episodes.
@thehornedrat

If "next Wednesday" means this upcoming Wednesday the other member's reactions make more sense to me. Otherwise, getting it done in a week and a half doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. The original estimate was working on it every day they would be done by Wednesday. Given that they started on the first day off from school and Kano expected them to stop once it got late, it's not crazy to take an original estimate of a few hours every day for 4 or 5 days and fit it into 16ish hour timeframe while staying up all night. She was already factoring them not working on the MV together while in school. The month long proposal was factoring in scheduling conflicts for everyone forcing them to stretch out the time necessary to meet together over a month.

If it was meant for working every day for a week and a half than it feels more unreasonable for them to finish in one go, but these are still just estimated timelines. It's not like it is some hard and fast timeline that's been established or anything.

Kano's mom being a producer doesn't require any unnecessary suspension of disbelief so I have no idea why that is bothering you. All plots are contrived to a certain extent by the creator to create conflict, drama, etc.
Apr 27, 3:43 PM

Jun 2016
This anime is truly the dark horse of this season 👍 So happy I picked it up
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 27, 3:45 PM

Jun 2022
this episode was rlly good! they all learn abt each others past and work tgt as a team to make a viral song (what a cliffhanger ending...)

id like to know more about kano and the sunflower dolls though, maybe next episode

Apr 27, 3:50 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
JELLYFIHS ON TOP THIS SZN

Apr 27, 4:06 PM
May 2023
Their MV went viral!? good episode, i needs more explanation about Kano's backstory. Not too big a fan of their characters' chemistry but this is good for them to develop more. I can see how this drama will play out later, really looking forward to what will happen next week.
Apr 27, 4:44 PM

Mar 2016
Kano’s backstory was really nice here. It helps to know that each one of these girls have had some form of dream or aspiration to motivate and/or drive them forward, but fell on hard times and lost their way in the deep ocean (metaphorically speaking) whether it’s part of growing up, dealing with mental pressure, or becoming an outcast from the group/crowd. Kano’s case is a bit more interesting because she seems selfish due to her closer ties to her mom who is the producer and manager of the very former idol group she used to be in. It’s no wonder why she express much haste in wanting to have a new MV out as soon as possible, but I’m suspecting that she also wants to fit it in with the new acquaintances she’s made, hence why she was initially upset by the notion that they won’t be able to all get together in person due to their own respective responsibilities and obligations to take care of. Sure, their issues and doubts aren’t just resolved right then and there, but the reassurance for the time being is good enough. With this new goal and venture the four of them are taking up, they will hopefully figure something out.

That being said, that MV getting viral so quickly is very suspicious…maybe some influential figure noticed it?
Apr 27, 5:07 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to saikyozero
@Hormigo using my instinct, I believe the story will continue with more idol drama and them doing cute things, creating music, while slowly getting more famous than idols

near the end, Kano's identity will be revealed, she will be asked by a big record label, but she will choose her friends. The end.
@saikyozero They haven't done "cute things" before, why should they start? It's like you're trying to force them back into that stereotype. I wouldn't be surprised if all the "cute things" were limited to some beach or other episode between the peaks of the drama.
Apr 27, 5:13 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Marinate1016
Hormigo said:
Marinate1016 said:

So far it’s just undertones, romance is not the focus of the story.
@Marinate1016 I wouldn’t even call it undertones, especially when the author almost openly implied that he “does not know what can or cannot be considered yuri today” and therefore he invites the people to decide for himself. But to be honest, I don’t even know what to think anymore after yuri that looks like the most ordinary friendship and friendship that looks like a soap opera in some anime.

@Hormigo I find it ironic that you still asked if it was just yuri bait after seeing the direct statement. And you turned out to be right, which says a lot about modern fandom. I don’t know how far the relationship melodrama will go in the show as a whole, but according to the authors, the viewer is free to decide for himself whether it’s yuri or not. Probably not so much if the author does not consider the option of even the now popular “platonic” yuri.

@AkeZZZ Considering idol culture and how anime portrays it, I'm still surprised she didn't try to take photos of her house or steal her trash. I just recently completed similar missions in GTA, lmao.
RobertBobertApr 27, 5:20 PM
Apr 27, 6:13 PM

Apr 2022
jesus bru sunflower dolls just way too extra but that's how it goes eh.
Apr 27, 9:35 PM

May 2015
Kano should feel releaved that she has been able to escape from the hell of the idol industry. Those high pitched voices, souless plastic mannerisms those sunflowers had grated on my nerves and that scene where they were doing their routine to entertain that middle aged man said all about what Kano's mother could have made out of her daughter. The jellyfishes is at least about fun, creativity and healthy self-expression right now, not metalic and soul-crushing industrialized cuteness-mongering. Stay this way girls until you can, these times will become your "good old days", your fondled memories one day.
IshitatesoApr 28, 2:41 AM
Apr 27, 10:00 PM
Sep 2016
JELEE, an underground group, VS SunDo, a legit industrialized idol group. Very reminiscent of Eiko VS AZALEA from Paripi Koumei, both cases being both leaders (Eiko-Kuon and Kano-Mero) having some histories, and both producers of said industrialized idol groups being sus at 1st appearance....

Another fantastic EP from Doga Kobo, as always....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 27, 10:19 PM

Dec 2020
Well they had post it now and thats great tos see how their teamwork is on a good way.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 28, 12:11 AM
Jan 2015
Okay this is legitimately the best show of the season.
Just for that one scene where Kano tastes smth good and instead of doing usual anime "oisheeee" she just starts to eat faster.
Apr 28, 12:14 AM
Nov 2018
So Kano is doing all this to get back at her mom?
Apr 28, 1:47 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Marinate1016 I wouldn’t even call it undertones, especially when the author almost openly implied that he “does not know what can or cannot be considered yuri today” and therefore he invites the people to decide for himself. But to be honest, I don’t even know what to think anymore after yuri that looks like the most ordinary friendship and friendship that looks like a soap opera in some anime.

@Hormigo I find it ironic that you still asked if it was just yuri bait after seeing the direct statement. And you turned out to be right, which says a lot about modern fandom. I don’t know how far the relationship melodrama will go in the show as a whole, but according to the authors, the viewer is free to decide for himself whether it’s yuri or not. Probably not so much if the author does not consider the option of even the now popular “platonic” yuri.

@AkeZZZ Considering idol culture and how anime portrays it, I'm still surprised she didn't try to take photos of her house or steal her trash. I just recently completed similar missions in GTA, lmao.
@RobertBobert Thanks, I didn't know the author's statements. Having said that, since it is an original anime with only 12 episodes and the story is not about romance, I highly doubt it will delve into it. having said this to me It is surprising that in the times we live in, so much ambiguity is played on these issues and it will not be the first or last anime to do so. It will be things of the Japanese
Apr 28, 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Hormigo
@RobertBobert Thanks, I didn't know the author's statements. Having said that, since it is an original anime with only 12 episodes and the story is not about romance, I highly doubt it will delve into it. having said this to me It is surprising that in the times we live in, so much ambiguity is played on these issues and it will not be the first or last anime to do so. It will be things of the Japanese
@Hormigo I don’t know how unaware I am of other cases, but this is already the third or fourth show where the authors, for various reasons, say “let it depend on the viewer” or give the go-ahead for shipping. At one time, the author of LWA even went to imageboards, where he said that although the show is not yuri, they are not against shipping content.
Apr 28, 2:38 AM

Nov 2023
Kano's mom is the producer.

The new girls band looks funny and cute too.

Glad, they went viral.

Hush! My dear, don't you cry
Pino gonna sing you a lullaby
Hush! My dear, don't be sad
Pino gonna sing a song he heard.
Apr 28, 3:28 AM

Oct 2016
I love that they're using the MVs as EDs, I wonder if they actually have a real life Twitter equivalent for their posts, some animes does that these days, if so I need to follow.

I am also really loving Kiui, I love her personality, no bullshit, but still kind.

I did not expect the Sunflower Doll's producer to be Kano's mom at all, if that's the case, I am even more curious about what exactly happened and if this mom is even supporting her children, though big sis seems like she's a working adult. One hundred percent sure the one Kano allegedly punched is the dark purple-ish haired girl.

Also Yoru, what do you mean you're into someone?!

They'd rather finish everything in a night rather than find the time to meet at some point everyday within the next week, based based, I'd rather do that too ngl.

Anyway, another banger Jellyfish and Girls Band Cry weekend.
Apr 28, 3:56 AM

Dec 2023
The first popularity came. Good luck in your future girlz
Apr 28, 5:54 AM
Aug 2023
OMG It just keeps getting better!
Apr 28, 6:12 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to sKyBlazer08
I love that they're using the MVs as EDs, I wonder if they actually have a real life Twitter equivalent for their posts, some animes does that these days, if so I need to follow.

I am also really loving Kiui, I love her personality, no bullshit, but still kind.

I did not expect the Sunflower Doll's producer to be Kano's mom at all, if that's the case, I am even more curious about what exactly happened and if this mom is even supporting her children, though big sis seems like she's a working adult. One hundred percent sure the one Kano allegedly punched is the dark purple-ish haired girl.

Also Yoru, what do you mean you're into someone?!

They'd rather finish everything in a night rather than find the time to meet at some point everyday within the next week, based based, I'd rather do that too ngl.

Anyway, another banger Jellyfish and Girls Band Cry weekend.
@sKyBlazer08 They do yeah, @jeleechandayo .

Apr 28, 7:00 AM
Mar 2019
Viral, ei? I wouldn't be surprised if this anime went viral pretty soon. Beautiful approach to the music video which provides a different take on EDs. I hope there's more of them. This is pretty good for an original anime.
Apr 28, 7:03 AM

Jul 2017
The comeback return of Kano's former idol group, it's definitely something which she can't take it to heart since the scandal.

Mei wanting to create a music track, and has to consult Kiui for help since she doesn't know what to do. Even the Sunflower Dolls are ready for their revival, and much like the JELEE girls all meeting face-to-face for the very first time. But Kiui also being a school recluse, she's pretty much like Kano: school-avoidant people and the mix with high school girls of Mahiru and Mei, they're a perfect balance. Other than Mei literally collecting air from Kano's place as a hardcore fan, Mahiru goes for an icebreaker session between the girls, and even the Sunflower Dolls too to their fans.

For a start, hitting 100k fans by getting a song out, everyone has their own commitments that there's literally no time to get it out. Everything is going by Kano's schedule, because she definitely wanted to kick her former group out of the ball by releasing their song on the EXACT same day as them, so much for rivalries. But through her older sister Mion, the girls get a better spotlight of Kano's life as an idol, spearheaded by Yukine Hayakawa, their biological mother who serves as a producer of the Sunflower Dolls. And her "retirement" from the group, beset by expectations which led to the scandal, Kano definitely felt like she had no room to breathe. That, and with Mahiru literally cleaning up Kano's place, JELEE got their act together for this sole purpose, being misfits of their own talents, creating a song that speaks about them.

And after working the night through, their song is finally released...to moderate viral success.

Even the ED has motif behind it, quite artistic if it features JELEE's own composed songs.
KANLen09Apr 28, 7:11 AM
Apr 28, 7:25 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to TiagoCosta
@sKyBlazer08 They do yeah, @jeleechandayo .

Thanks a lot! Cool, JELEE also has a pixiv.
Apr 28, 8:49 AM

Jan 2024
Gotta say, not as good as the first 3 episodes but still good. ED is fire as always.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18

114 by Fairytelly »»
Yesterday, 7:00 PM

» Fanservice In Ep 1

Comet1 - May 21

22 by Animeistaken »»
Yesterday, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

119 by LuisSV23 »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

» Episode previews

TiagoCosta - May 22

3 by D6David »»
May 22, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 20

115 by _hellneko »»
May 21, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.