Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 27, 12:16 PM
May 2018
this episode was insufferable...the first two episodes were pretty good and then you give me 0% :( and a lot of embarrasing moments. I'm hoping after this he gets better and get to show off his power
Apr 27, 12:23 PM
Aug 2023
When is he gonna show off his fucking powers
Apr 27, 12:32 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Poor Kafka has an attack power of 0% percent with the enhanced power suits and is currently being left behind by the new recruits. I know that feeling all too well. Shinomiya is really getting on my nerves all she does is show off, but its clear she has interest in Kafka after seeing his power.
Apr 27, 12:34 PM
Aug 2023
yhunata said:
It's eye opening just how impatient some of you lot are. It has to be going at 120% at all times for you to be even remotely interested. No need for characterisation or world building or anything. Just non-stop action, at all times.

That's typical shounen fans for you, They are just impatient people who would watch a garbage show with action throughout the 12 episode rather than a actually good one
Apr 27, 12:38 PM
Aug 2023
Great episode to be honest. This was a good buildup for the upcoming fight and laid the groundwork for Shinomiya and the other candidates in their batch.
The comedy on this episode was also good but the episode itself just felt too short

I would love to see what everyones reaction to Kafkas transformation would be, If he does transform that is.
Apr 27, 12:54 PM

Mar 2007
S-Tier Music (OP, ED, insert songs) accompanying A Tier animation, characters and story makes this a must watch.

I was on the edge of my seat all the way till that cliffhanger, ARGH!
Apr 27, 1:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ugh. I loved the first couple of episodes but this was a horrible watch. The comedy fell flat and Shinomiya is a shit character who doesn't have a single redeeming quality. Just an OP kick em while they're down ojou-sama.

I really hope that we move past this soon and that it's not the tone of the show going forward.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 1:24 PM
Jan 2009
I feel that this was kind of badly written, they don't have to make the main character a complete useless clown. Also, it's also kind of badly thought out because peak physically strength is usually somewhere when you are between 20-30 years of age, so it's kind of bad that he's weak, when at his age he should be at pretty much peak physical strength.

The ojousama character is also completely fucking insufferable.
Apr 27, 1:30 PM
May 2021
at first I thought that since the suit is made up of kaiju materials and he is also a kaiju now, the combat percentage would be 100% or something higher, but when I heard that guy say "No one has got 0%", I was like don't tell he, he's gonna get 0%, atleast at the end of the episode he got it to 0.01%
Apr 27, 1:47 PM

May 2019
NGL, this was infuriating to watch at times. I actually thought he would mesh with the suit even better than the blonde girl, like at least 50% or higher. Maybe if he decides to use some of his kaijuu power will the suit power level really go up instead of the ridiculous 0.01%.
Apr 27, 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
If he can transform local parts he should try to go for that. Unless that 0.01% is gonna be big somehow.
Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
The 0% overpowered non-support mc coming up!
Apr 27, 2:07 PM

Sep 2015
Jesus christ the padding.... And honestly mind as well he had used his Kaiju powers since hes getting older. Completely wasted honestly.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 27, 2:20 PM
Mar 2020
God dam, episodes are too short...
Apr 27, 2:21 PM
Dec 2022
Silly ahh exam Kafka quite silly
Apr 27, 2:23 PM
Jan 2009
Assuming this show follows the common anime tropes, he'll stick to his principles/rules (not using his powers to respect the efforts of others, though I think that's idiotic) to show he's a "good person," until he's "forced" to use them to save someone else. That way he both A) uses his powers and B) still acts selfless (if dumb). Only unleashing your powers to save others is a VERY anime-ish type plot device.

The alternative would be to not follow tropes and have him fail the exam, which I think would be much more interesting and creative, but seems unlikely.

Also, am I correct in understanding that even the weapons are Kaiju-powered and use compatibility to determine damage? It's the only way to explain the massive disparities in performance (one of the characters even comments on it). If so, it's a terrible design (in universe, I mean), though at least it explains (somewhat) why the JSDF generally is so ineffective.
Apr 27, 2:36 PM

Jun 2023
Really?? 0% to 0.01%??
Apr 27, 2:46 PM
Sep 2023
When i was watching the episode all i thinked about that i dont want it to end, i want to watch more. that's the perfect way to describe this episode & series.
Apr 27, 2:48 PM
Jan 2024
Show is finally getting good. Might pick up the manga
Apr 27, 2:56 PM
May 2022
I loved it also if anyone can help what chapter in the manga dose ep 3 end iup on
Apr 27, 3:07 PM
Sep 2008
So 2016 for the 16 years old ans 2032 for the 32 years old also double the age between the two.
CesarMagnanApr 27, 3:12 PM
Apr 27, 3:09 PM

Jul 2022
An interesting episode. I liked Shinomiya's attitude, even though she teases Kafka, for some reason I don't feel like she's being rude; besides, she's a prodigy.

It's strange to me that Kafka is so weak. Having 0% potential is odd. Could it have something to do with the Kaiju that came looking for him at the hospital to transform him?
Still, Kafka won't give up, and he's already shown that his years of cleaning up Kaijus have given him knowledge about them.
Apr 27, 3:24 PM
Oct 2022
Hard watch.. the 0.01% was the most infuriating part. All that build up and embarrassment for that??
Apr 27, 3:26 PM

Feb 2019
he is at 0% in his suit coz...didn't they say it's an "anti-kaiju" suit? meaning, it won't really show his true potential coz in a way, he is a kaiju now masquerading as a human lol but his 0% jumped to a 0.01% coz he showed his tenacity, which can only come from his humanity. oh, i can't wait to see how he fares by the end of this exam lol
Apr 27, 3:31 PM

Jul 2017
Embient said:
The twitter livestream didn't have subs this time for some reason

"Sebasu" lol
Huh, I thought that Kafka will be 100% because he's part-Kaiju, interesting.
ę€Ŗē£ (kaijuu lit. mysterious beast)
余ē£ (yojuu lit. other/surplus beast)
ęœ¬ē£ (honjuu lit. origin beast)
Kikoru not wanting anyone to quit is kinda nice. Even if it's probably just to make her examination results look coller lol.
Nice episode. I guess Kafka's combat power will be growing at a super fast pace from now.

Yes. But he was completetly repressing his Kaiju part, so that's why he has 0%, in my oppinion.

Only when he was emotional (or he was repairing a little hisleg), he got some %.
Apr 27, 3:50 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
The slow grind from 0% which I don’t think anyone should’ve been surprised about. We all knew he never made it this far in the test so at least by the end of the episode he was able to draw out 0.01% which surprised everyone in the examining room. Next episode should be interesting to watch. The music is still so good šŸ˜Š
Apr 27, 4:26 PM
Jan 2022
if he has control enough to change just parts of his body, maybe change ur feet while u need to run around, ur injuries to let them heal, fists inside of gloves, etc? rly "anything either injured or not visible"?

I know u had ur lame "it's not fair excuse" but you're 30. life isn't fair, and you know that.
Apr 27, 4:46 PM

Dec 2016
Wait. So the bright idea of the higher ups for a test is to give guns and a power suit to people with no combat training and throw them into an arena infested with multiple kaiju? Aside from the obvious kaiju threat, the possibilities of friendly fire should had been contemplated from the get go. The only ones that would be ahead are those super rich peeps like the obnoxious blondie that is able to buy a suit and have personal training in hand to hand combat and guns in their own backyard. It makes no sense to allow mass untrained people to fight Kaiju on their first day.
Apr 27, 4:51 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We got to see the test in full this episode, it seemed pretty standard at first but then came the power suit test, and it was here we got to find out that there’s more to these defense force soldiers than just shooting things, they have to use a suit that makes use of kaiju. That’s cool, it’s just a shame the amount of power you draw from it is different from person to person making them less efficient, and unfortunate for Kafka as he couldn’t draw any power from it lol, perhaps that’s because he’s a kaiju himself but maybe we’ll find that out next episode.

Of course there is some skill involved as well as knowledge, Kikoru is just overqualified for this job so she’s soloing kaiju after kaiju, but Kafka has that cleaner knowledge to help take kaiju out as we saw during that one scene, so there are more angles to this than just using a gun. I’m looking forward to seeing how the test finishes!
Apr 27, 4:55 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to pmso
Embient said:
The twitter livestream didn't have subs this time for some reason

"Sebasu" lol
Huh, I thought that Kafka will be 100% because he's part-Kaiju, interesting.
ę€Ŗē£ (kaijuu lit. mysterious beast)
余ē£ (yojuu lit. other/surplus beast)
ęœ¬ē£ (honjuu lit. origin beast)
Kikoru not wanting anyone to quit is kinda nice. Even if it's probably just to make her examination results look coller lol.
Nice episode. I guess Kafka's combat power will be growing at a super fast pace from now.

Yes. But he was completetly repressing his Kaiju part, so that's why he has 0%, in my oppinion.

Only when he was emotional (or he was repairing a little hisleg), he got some %.
@pmso

Are we sure he repaired his leg? I know he stood up, but anime MCs push through ridiculous injuries with willpower all the time.

If he repaired his leg then that would mean he's using his powers and I had not gotten the impression that he'd made that choice yet.
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Mar 2010
Damn the struggle is real, and the message hits hard. FUck I need those two to hook up already haha

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 5:12 PM
Sep 2012
what a waste of time this episode was, what's the point of having a super powered MC if you're just gonna let us sit there for 20 minutes as he fumbles around doing nothing

oh woooow he put out 0.01% power of the suit, amazing, as if we forgot he's stronger than anyone here in kaijuu form

give me a break, if another episodes shows up that's disappointing and slow like this one i'm ditching this, despite it having potential from the start
Apr 27, 5:46 PM
Jan 2024
I loved Kikoru. she seemed like a brat but turned out to be a good person. also, I actually thought when Kafka put on the tech suit, his power level will be the highest but it was 0. So loke, him being a Kaiju doesn't directly affect anything?? as a human he stays the same?? also, i love Ichikawa. he is so supportive and understanding.
Apr 27, 5:59 PM

Dec 2022
so you're TELLIN' ME THERE'S A CHANCE!
pretty funny spin on your typical shonen powerup desu
Blonde Asuka is actually pretty nice
Apr 27, 6:08 PM

Apr 2022
definitely my least favorite episode so far but at least it introduced one of the best in this series; hoshina. shinomiya just too good and kafka at 0% in front of mina but gotta wait for the get back.
Apr 27, 6:13 PM
Mar 2015
Don't give up Don't ever give up
Apr 27, 6:14 PM

Mar 2019
They have an entire abandoned city as a training ground.. ā”ā (ā ´ā ćƒ¼ā ļ½€ā )ā ā”Œ
Apr 27, 6:21 PM
Jun 2014
Reply to Rom-Com_lover
NB_Tenchy said:
Manga readers are being teased.

Did you even read the manga properly?
@Rom-Com_lover More so than you did, several times. 105 chapters reread after episode 1 aired since episode 1 was a lot of things that didn't happen in the manga.
Apr 27, 6:24 PM

Jun 2023
Kikoru you rockin' gurllllllll
Apr 27, 6:35 PM

May 2021
Okay, this is pure bullshit. There's no chance in hell some pre-teen spoiled kid has better physical aptitude than a guy who shovels literal tons of monster meat daily it seems. You can't have better strength by watching anime than a guy who does physical labor. Totally killed the show for me. That and constant screaming.

It's also complete BS logic if they want to test knowledge of monsters. Why not then get people to apply from disposal unit first instead of of recruiting from highschool it seems. Not to mention extra bullshit when it comes to suits. Entire first episode everyone is wondering how girl with 10 squadmates and huge gun is kill monsters. In this episode we are even show that suits give them advantage over regular body. So why apply even? Grab randos from the street and have them rock those suits. On the other hand how are people suppose to prepare for this exam? Read in a book what next random monster will have as a weakness?

Most importantly, why should anyone care to be part of organization if they can kill monsters on their own. It's not like you need permission to kill monsters killing people.

Complete disappointment.
MeanEYEApr 27, 6:44 PM
Apr 27, 6:50 PM

May 2021
Reply to Kayle_x_Morgana
That was the most disappointing episode ever.
No powers? Big L I don't want to see some plot armor bullshit about somehow moving with organ failure and a broken leg
@Kayle_x_Morgana not only that, we are suppose to somehow believe that rich kid with daddy purchased suit is all of the sudden better than everyone. Why not just buy everyone suits and skip testing all together. Whole thing was pointlessly stupid in my opinion. Testing for the knowledge of monsters and where are they suppose to lean that stuff in a book? Not to mention whole idea that he has to become part of the organization now, now that he's the most powerful warrior ever.
Apr 27, 6:58 PM
Aug 2020
could have been better
Apr 27, 6:58 PM
Jan 2021
THIS FOCKING MUSIC OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Apr 27, 7:06 PM

Dec 2018
Worst episode so far this week. Can easily skip through it because nothing happens except "haha old man sucks". Literally 20 minutes of frustration, good job director. If this show doesn't improve soon I'm going to drop. I have high hopes and I'll give them one more episode.
Apr 27, 7:12 PM
Mar 2019
I wonder...this is truly a test of will for Kafka. But, how long can he last before he enters 'cheat' mode?
Apr 27, 7:27 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
What is this supposed to be, a joke.
Apr 27, 7:31 PM
Jun 2012
The suit power percent system is interesting.

I thought Kafka would change little bits to kaiju to help pass the test.
It's endearing to see him try and compete on a "level" playing field.

Wow, 0.01 has never been such a massive increase!
I wonder if it is tied to his resolve?
Apr 27, 7:43 PM
Oct 2017
Karakai Jouzu No (Moto) Shinomiya-San
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Nov 2009

MC literally started out the episode with him showcasing his powers by only transforming his hands to move the car...

Then he decide to become a weakass again for the actual Tests...

Why even bother trying to make fun of that twintail at the beginning... could have at least partial transform a small part of body and make it average.. instead of going for the bottom...

This MC seems really stupid... I can actually see why he got dumped by his childhood friend...

MC is all talk, no action. This personality is really annoying to watch... especially when he shits on other people for stupid reasons... Then afterwards makes a joke of himself for even stupider reasons...

"This is my last time for the Test, I have to make it count"

Precedes to "I have to make it fair so I won't use my powers"...

Is this dude even trying to pass the Tests?

Also... dude gets saved by the twintail he tries to shit on multiple times. (tho, she did shit on him first back at the parking lot stealing his spot, lol)
amlgApr 27, 7:58 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» So we agree that Kafka's "8" form is sexy, right?

VanVeleca - Yesterday

44 by Linda222 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

otakuweek - May 11

136 by antoninus_v »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Apr 20

232 by Dillemon »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Lowkey who else thinks this anime is hilarious as F?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 14

41 by deg »»
Yesterday, 8:02 AM

» I don't think some understand Kafka as a character.

MasterHavik - May 12

38 by Icceman »»
Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.