Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 12:45 AM

Feb 2020
Playing golf and making angry faces. Pretty ordinary episode.

That goat poop scene was quite hilarious. Poor Igaiga. :P

Igaiga isn't too happy with the way how Tonbo plays. Well, I'm sure she is talented enough to win a tournament one day. Give her some time to develop.

SerafosApr 28, 11:44 PM
Apr 27, 2:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Igaiga so gullible lol, I wouldn't pick up something off the ground and pop it into my mouth...

Hmm, as much as I understand the feeling of not wanting to see someone's talent "go to waste," I don't like how Igaiga told her that what she's playing isn't golf. She's still young, let her enjoy things without making it a competition :( I wonder how she'll react next episode to what he said.
Apr 27, 5:15 AM

Mar 2021
Poor Igaiga mistakingly eating goat poop he is so gullible. I always love seeing him and tombo playing golf it looks so relaxing.
Apr 27, 8:34 AM
Aug 2020
Good episode

Iga Iga, stop that !!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 27, 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
Tonbo is getting way too obsessed with golf, which gets Igarashi in trouble.

Still, Tonbo's skills are slowly growing as Igaiga hilariously consumes goat poop, and Bunpei misses his chance to impress Yoko. Even then, playing baseball with the 3-iron, nothing fazes the high school girl of her limitless potential.

The village life is still rather prevalent, and the sashimi shot with using the golf club angled as a knife, it's rather unique. As both Tonbo and Igarashi continue their golf play, the latter is finding more intrigue on her golfing patterns, though a rather weird-looking typhoon has both of them hiding in the bunker, totally unaffected by it because of the high winds. Similar to tac-tac-toe, Tonbo's slowly growing as a golf player, and as much as Igarashi felt the urge to bring her to a competitive level, it's pretty much needed if she wants to grow up.

It's time for Tonbo to know what's the truth of playing golf, she can't be playing her own version of golf for time millennia.
Apr 27, 10:17 AM

Apr 2021
Cute episode. Not only is Tonbo crazy talented at golf, she's literally built different with her differing arm lengths.

The next episode's definitely gonna be heavier on drama. I hope Igaiga doesn't make golf no longer fun for Tonbo in the name of "not wasting her talent."
Apr 27, 10:49 AM

Jan 2016
I thought it was deer poop, was goat poop. Poor guy. Tonbo the menace.

Igaiga actually personally offended/triggered me saying what she was playing was not golf, screw you dude! Otherwise, I do agree otherwise, her leaving the island and participating in competitions should be good for her.

Based on preview I was not the only one triggered as she jumps for it LOL

EDIT: I realized I missed episode 3!!!! REWIND
EDIT2: So I can't believe after messing up with his son, he is now messing up in a different way still be toxic with his daughter-figure.
tingy said:
Igaiga so gullible lol, I wouldn't pick up something off the ground and pop it into my mouth...

I honestly might if was told it was a tasty nut but generally trustworthy source.
KANLen09 said:
It's time for Tonbo to know what's the truth of playing golf, she can't be playing her own version of golf for time millennia.

I strongly disagree, and just feel this is Igaiga continuing his toxic trait he messed up with son without realizing.
LilyVarbikApr 27, 10:53 AM

Apr 27, 1:11 PM
Jan 2022
Now it appears we’re getting into the real meat of this story. It’s been all fun and games and hardcore golf mechanics so far, but igaiga at the end of Ep4 seems to be laying down the gauntlet that will elevate this show past its chill start and find out where its soul is. What a hidden hidden gem.
Apr 27, 3:51 PM
May 2017
A very good episode! Igaiga cannot let Tonbo waste her talent.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 29, 8:28 AM
Jul 2022
This show is so good, it’s current rating does not do it justice. This episode yet again entertains and elevates. Reminds me a lot of Chihayafuru and Tsurune in terms of the uniquely passionate vibes.
May 1, 5:32 AM
Mar 2020
I'm still curious how far this anime adaptation will be, it's still amazing that the manga so far has 49 volumes (I think).

But yeah, this anime is so good, honestly, 25 minutes felt like 5 minutes.

Also, it's time for Igaiga to drop the bomb, can't wait to see how Tonbo would react.
May 1, 9:38 AM

May 2015
There wouldn't be much story progression if she doesn't compete, but Igaiga jumping the gun is kinda meh. He has no right to decide or meddle in her life... And I don't think he's doing it completely out of selfless reasons. His personality so far isn't shaping up to be very likeable... and eating something from the ground like that, lol, is he stupid?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 8 Discussion

Csend - 2 hours ago

0 by Csend »»
2 hours ago

» Episode count?

Jokuc - 4 hours ago

1 by EmmyMoomin »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 17

5 by kuroneko99 »»
May 20, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 6 Discussion

Ten - May 10

9 by SISCON97 »»
May 18, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 5 Discussion

Serafos - May 3

11 by BearTheDoge »»
May 8, 9:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.