Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 26, 9:58 AM
Jan 2019
My friend has been harping on me for years to at least watch zero and if you don't like it drop it, but at least watch zero I've seen the majority of blade works viva spoilers and stuff so what you think see this or just drop it
Apr 26, 10:10 AM

Jan 2017
mydaddy said:
so what you think see this or just drop it

Try it then... ?

If you are not interested in the franchise, then you do not have to worry about Fate/Zero's relation to the rest of the series, and could watch it as a standalone. The 1st Season is very slow tho, and looking at your list, i don't think that it is the kind of story you'd like...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 26, 10:13 AM
Apr 2024
mydaddy said:
My friend has been harping on me for years to at least watch zero and if you don't like it drop it, but at least watch zero I've seen the majority of blade works viva spoilers and stuff so what you think see this or just drop it

best way to start fate is ubw, fate/zero starts of slow and u might not get hooked into it. so start at ubw and if u like it watch zero
Apr 26, 10:53 AM
Jul 2023
Go ahead and watch it
Apr 26, 11:50 AM
Jun 2023
mydaddy said:

People above already mentioned, you can watch it as standalone. Maybe ending is spoiled, but there are enough plot twists left. And you don't have to care about spoilers that much, because Fate's chronology is a mess. Zero isn't 100% true prequel of UBW, they happen in parallel timelines.
As someone who watched Zero, Stay Night (2006) and UBW, I can tell that Zero is the best of them. Even though it's pretentious, incredibly edgy and has almost as dense protagonist as Shirou, it's still better written and more enjoyable to watch.
donslockzApr 26, 11:54 AM
Apr 26, 12:20 PM
Aug 2019
it’s gonna be a hot take but i actually think Unlimited Blade Works is a better starting point, mostly because the protagonist is learning about the power system along with the viewer. everyone is Zero already knows what’s going on except for the viewer which left me confused AF lol

ultimately tho both are good and there isn’t a right answer with which to start with
Apr 26, 12:30 PM

Dec 2020
Yes it’s very good, most people who aren’t really into fate still really enjoy this show. Definitely give it a try.
Apr 26, 9:21 PM
Jun 2023
I started fate just trying to get it of my list and see what is was now I play fate go and waste 80 bucks for a 5* servant trust me fate is really good play the games to
Apr 26, 10:43 PM

Aug 2023
and so it start...
Apr 26, 11:23 PM
Apr 2022
mydaddy said:

Just watch an episode and see how you like it, then you can continue if you like and drop it if you don't.

It all depends you coz only you would know what shows interest you.
Apr 26, 11:43 PM

Jan 2017
MadeInHeavan69 said:
I play fate go and waste 80 bucks for a 5* servant

Uff. F/GO is very free-to-play friendly. There really is no need to pay, unless you want an account with one of the event servants who probably won't come up ever again.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 27, 6:43 AM

Aug 2020
mydaddy said:

I mean it’s way better to watch this than demon slayer, if you’re not into dialogue heavy stuff then idk if this is for u bc it’s pretty dialogue heavy compared to the sequels. The first episode is very important and its 1 hour long.
Apr 27, 1:44 PM
Jul 2020
SKILIFT26 said:
it’s gonna be a hot take but i actually think Unlimited Blade Works is a better starting point, mostly because the protagonist is learning about the power system along with the viewer. everyone is Zero already knows what’s going on except for the viewer which left me confused AF lol

ultimately tho both are good and there isn’t a right answer with which to start with

That’s not true. Shirou’s already a mage, the only thing he’s learning about is the grail war, which is also pretty well explained in Zero. If you want something that actually explains the basics of how magecraft works, start with Witch on the Holy Night
Apr 29, 10:43 AM
Mar 2021
don't wach it..or don't wach any anime..just don't...y r u wasting everyonestime.
Anime Rules the world
Apr 29, 10:45 AM
Mar 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:
mydaddy said:

I mean it’s way better to watch this than demon slayer, if you’re not into dialogue heavy stuff then idk if this is for u bc it’s pretty dialogue heavy compared to the sequels. The first episode is very important and its 1 hour long.

oh boy there someone here tht i really hate 😀😃😄😆😅😂😂🤣 nice to meet you
Anime Rules the world
May 2, 5:14 PM
Aug 2019
AustinJamB said:
SKILIFT26 said:

That’s not true. Shirou’s already a mage, the only thing he’s learning about is the grail war, which is also pretty well explained in Zero. If you want something that actually explains the basics of how magecraft works, start with Witch on the Holy Night

alright yeah that’s fair, i guess what i meant was more along the lines of the viewer and Shirou both learning about how the Holy Grail War works, something that Kiritsugu obviously already knew
May 9, 7:06 PM
Aug 2022
Fate is complicated. But Once you understand it correctly it'll become lot easy to watch fate and you'll become a huge fan of it.
May 9, 7:11 PM
Aug 2022
SKILIFT26 said:

Agreed. Seeing Shirous ideals and then seeing where they come from was the best part.
May 9, 7:18 PM

Aug 2018
Give it a try. Watch it. It's great by itself, you don't have to think too much about the other series.

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.