Forum Settings
Forums

Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

New
Apr 26, 6:29 AM

Jun 2019
And why exactly?

Do you think it would be boring for the majority of other people, or at least, the majority of other people you speak and interact with and therefore would have the opportunity to recommend something to in the first place, both online and in the physical world?

Does it contain and explore controversial ideas and subject matter through its dialogue and/or imagery?

Is it something which you just feel would not widely be understood or appreciated in a general sense or for some other specific reason? Like it might only have the most appeal to a very specific niche of people who studied or worked in a certain field, have had a specific life experience, or perceived and coded as extremely demographic-restricted like "only" for very young girls?

Explain and discuss. Also, if multiple would fit the criteria in your mind, you don't have to limit it to only one.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 26, 6:35 AM

Apr 2024
Probably Hakumei to Mikochi. It's a very relaxed moe anime about little people living their best lives in the forest.

I rarely run into people I think would enjoy it, but those I have seemed to really enjoy it after watching it.

Apr 26, 6:36 AM
Oct 2019
Inukai-san dog and gushing over magical girl it's pretty self explanatory why I won't recommend them unless I know who I am talking too. I might be a degenerate it's not everyone who like me and I accept that without batting a eye. Keijo too in the same vein because as much it's a sport series it don't sell on the usual sport tropes like haikyuu or Kuroko no basket.
Apr 26, 6:36 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/54722/Mahou_Shoujo_ni_Akogarete

Because many prude puritans, oversensitive snowflakes, ecchi haters and yuri haters would be offended or turned off by the content.

ZarutakuApr 26, 12:29 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 26, 6:37 AM

Feb 2020
Love Live! because most people don't care about idols.
Apr 26, 6:46 AM

Aug 2018
One Piece, because of how long it is, but I do still try to recommend it.
Apr 26, 6:48 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Rhae
One Piece, because of how long it is, but I do still try to recommend it.
@Rhaelynne I applaud your bravery me it depends on who I am talking a newbie I move them under shorter series on the same style a regular it's more how the conversation will go if I am able to recommend or not.
Apr 26, 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
Mine probably would be Gera Gera Boes Monogatari.

Firstly it's more cartoon-like, people may not like/get the comedy of it, as some of it involves animal abuse (similar to Tom & Jerry).
Also because i don't know if all episodes are actually available to watch, as i found it difficult finding them all and had to buy some CD-Rs from a rare media site. Not even sure if even I have seen them all.
Apr 26, 6:54 AM

Nov 2014
Bakemonogatari. The other animes on my favorite list have something appealing: action, mystery, comedy, or romance. Bakemonogatari has it all, but it's a heavy dialogue-driven anime. It is one of its charms for me, but I understand that not everybody enjoys it and might find it boring.
Apr 26, 6:57 AM

May 2021
Grand Blue and Tokyo revengers because I don't know
Apr 26, 7:01 AM
Jul 2015
Yakusoku no Neverland. One of my favourite anime of all time that I will never recommend to anyone ever because the second season ended up being a massive pile of shit and I don't want to put anyone through the pain of watching the absolutely wonderful first season only to have to deal with how godawful the ending was.
Apr 26, 7:02 AM

Dec 2021
Probably Ganbare Genki, simply because the anime has never been fully brought to the English-speaking part of the fandom. I wholeheartedly consider it to be Toei's equivalent to Ashita no Joe, because outside of the obvious of it being a boxing anime, it hits all of the same emotional notes for me. It's not fully fansubbed yet, but the parts that are currently fansubbed (Episodes 1 to 7) are absolutely worth checking out, since that part's basically the entirety of the hook that got me. Also the Italian dub is also floating around online, if you speak that language.
Daviljoe193Apr 26, 7:15 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 26, 7:04 AM

Nov 2023
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World,

- it deals with many topics I am interested that an average viewer, especially here for more fantastical standatary activity may not be, More so for people who like travel vlogging, but less wholesome

-have a different style of storytelling and worldbuilding and characters in general, may draw some viewers out.

- Quite old and animation isn't as on par.

Ratris_DecisionApr 26, 7:09 AM
Apr 26, 7:18 AM

Jun 2019
Lhundrup said:
Probably Hakumei to Mikochi. It's a very relaxed moe anime about little people living their best lives in the forest.

I rarely run into people I think would enjoy it, but those I have seemed to really enjoy it after watching it.

AKA The Daily Lives of Woodland Gnomes. Love it. It reminds me of the kind of show I always wanted to see as a little kid but didn't entirely exactly exist in the way I envisioned it, like an alternate timeline version of The Smurfs in which they were mostly just baking cookies and making jams and soaps, sipping tea and fishing in the rain, instead of battling monsters.

It's my second favorite "pure" iyashikei after Flying Witch. There are some other iyashikei I rank even higher, but in my view they're a little different as they have a lot more drama and melancholy.
WatchTillTandavaApr 26, 7:23 AM
Apr 26, 8:24 AM

Jun 2023
Probably Candy boy and Mnemosyne.

Candy boy - It's twincest, and that would probably put a lot of people off. Even though the only thing that happens is a kiss in the last ep. It's such a a cute series, though.

Mnemosyne - It's...graphic, I guess? I mean, it's the most H non-H anime I've ever seen, hah. The explicit scenes would probably put people that don't like that off, and the actual storyline and character development would probably put off H fans. Plus, blood and gore might put some people off.
Apr 26, 8:26 AM

Mar 2023
Ergo Proxy since many people would find it confusing.
Apr 26, 8:41 AM

Feb 2016
I'd recommend them all. I'd even recommend a poorly rated title like Makoto-chan, just to see peoples' wtf reactions.
その目だれの目?
Apr 26, 8:55 AM

Mar 2017
Baka to Test because degeneracy isn't considered funny nowadays
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 26, 9:02 AM
Jul 2023
Most definitely Texhnolyze; while it‘s interesting and at least somewhat 'enjoyable', it‘s also one of the least fun things I have ever experienced
Apr 26, 9:42 AM

Jul 2023
Genshiken since it focuses heavily on otaku culture; most people would get turned off by everything it shows
Apr 26, 10:30 AM

May 2019
Techni Depagaa of Waza no Tabibito.
Apr 26, 10:46 AM

Aug 2021
kill la kill because of the sexualization of highschoolers. everything else was great though (nui)

the rest of my favorites i recommend to literally anyone
Apr 26, 10:50 AM

Jun 2019
mentalmondai said:
kill la kill because of the sexualization of highschoolers. everything else was great though (nui)

That's like every mainstream American Hollywood horror slasher flick though. Sure, the "high schoolers" are usually played by 28 year-olds, but they're in a way closer to actual high schoolers than any drawing.
Apr 26, 10:53 AM

May 2021
One Piece due to it's very long length and slow pacing.
Echidna best waifu :D
Apr 26, 11:06 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to WatchTillTandava
mentalmondai said:

That's like every mainstream American Hollywood horror slasher flick though. Sure, the "high schoolers" are usually played by 28 year-olds, but they're in a way closer to actual high schoolers than any drawing.
@WatchTillTandava whats your point? all im alluding to is that not everyone likes seeing highschoolers sexualized, doesnt matter if its live action or animated, so i wouldnt recommend it to everyone. your reply makes no sense
Apr 26, 11:08 AM

May 2018
mentalmondai said:

same and for the same reason. it really is a favorite though
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Apr 26, 11:22 AM

Jun 2019
mentalmondai said:
whats your point? all im alluding to is that not everyone likes seeing highschoolers sexualized, doesnt matter if its live action or animated, so i wouldnt recommend it to everyone. your reply makes no sense

My point is that it's something already incredibly mainstream coming direct out of Hollywood in popular American cinema, so seems odd as a choice for something which someone would avoid recommending for fear of lack of widespread appeal. It's something obviously with enough general appeal and treated as mainstream even in popular films.

Obviously there are some people who don't/wouldn't like it in any medium or capacity, the same as there are people who don't like anything imaginable, but probably a minority who'd care.

Edit: Although after checking your profile page, I see that you only have a few favorites listed, so out of everything there, it might make more sense in that context.
WatchTillTandavaApr 26, 11:36 AM
Apr 26, 12:00 PM

Aug 2021
mentalmondai said:
whats your point? all im alluding to is that not everyone likes seeing highschoolers sexualized, doesnt matter if its live action or animated, so i wouldnt recommend it to everyone. your reply makes no sense

My point is that it's something already incredibly mainstream coming direct out of Hollywood in popular American cinema, so seems odd as a choice for something which someone would avoid recommending for fear of lack of widespread appeal. It's something obviously with enough general appeal and treated as mainstream even in popular films.

Obviously there are some people who don't/wouldn't like it in any medium or capacity, the same as there are people who don't like anything imaginable, but probably a minority who'd care.

Edit: Although after checking your profile page, I see that you only have a few favorites listed, so out of everything there, it might make more sense in that context.
@WatchTillTandava are you mentally disabled

edit: didnt see your edit. yes, it was that simple. there was no need to argue with me about whatever the hell your talking about. you are annoying brother! my question still stands
mentalmondaiApr 26, 12:04 PM
Apr 26, 12:03 PM
Feb 2014
Probably Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru, because people tend to have allergic reactions to an all male cast anime and i came to realize that perhaps Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru is best appreciated by fans of the original browser based game, as it's mostly slice of life shenanigans and feel good stories featuring the characters and the episodes are usually self contained stories.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Apr 26, 12:15 PM

Jun 2019
mentalmondai said:
are you mentally disabled

edit: didnt see your edit. yes, it was that simple. there was no need to argue with me about whatever the hell your talking about. you are annoying brother! my question still stands

I think you're overreacting over nothing. Asking a question or discussing something because you're interested in why respondents to your thread topic chose the answer they did is not arguing. It's the entire point of a public forum and discussions. Do you only want those to respond who already understand and agree with everything you say? No need to jump to extreme insults and personal attacks over something minor and trivial. Some folks around here are so testy over the silliest things.
WatchTillTandavaApr 26, 12:20 PM
Apr 26, 12:33 PM

Aug 2021
mentalmondai said:
are you mentally disabled

I think you're overreacting over nothing. Asking a question or discussing something because you're interested in why respondents to your thread topic chose the answer they did is not arguing. It's the entire point of a public forum and discussions. Do you only want those to respond who already understand and agree with everything you say? No need to jump to extreme insults and personal attacks over something minor and trivial. Some folks around here are so testy over the silliest things.
@WatchTillTandava yes im sorry i asked if you were disabled, im starting to think you actually just have a traumatic brain injury
Apr 26, 12:38 PM

Jun 2019
mentalmondai said:
yes im sorry i asked if you were disabled, im starting to think you actually just have a traumatic brain injury

And I've come to the conclusion you're an effective ignorant illiterate, so that's that.

If you only have nonsense to offer and say, don't even bother.
Apr 26, 12:39 PM

Jan 2023
Made in Abyss, which isn’t surprising since it’s one of only two (that and 86) that are very different from the rest of my lineup.

Plus the gore, horror, all of that good stuff.
Apr 26, 12:41 PM

Aug 2021
mentalmondai said:
yes im sorry i asked if you were disabled, im starting to think you actually just have a traumatic brain injury

And I've come to the conclusion you're an effective ignorant illiterate, so that's that.

If you only have nonsense to offer and say, don't even bother.
@WatchTillTandava hey, i may be an effective ignorant illiterate but atleast im not user @WatchTillTandava
Apr 26, 12:45 PM

Feb 2024
revolutionary Girl utena and FLCL ,there awesome but i think they are more of an acquired taste....others that i find hard to recommend to people are baki and the jojo series
ETHANDARYL420Apr 26, 12:48 PM
Apr 26, 12:51 PM

Nov 2014
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

It's an absolute masterpiece, but it might be too slow for many people.
Apr 26, 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
they all come highly recommended. Although most of them might present a challenge for non-weebs.
Apr 26, 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
Mawaru Penguindrum. The style and storytelling is unusual, it may not appeal to everyone.
Apr 26, 1:52 PM

Aug 2016
all of them are great recommendations, it has more to do with the person and he or she is looking for.
:v
Apr 26, 2:04 PM

Nov 2019
Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

I have no favourite anime, and most likely will never

Afro Samuarai and Rurouni Kenshin emobody the epitome of philosophy and its endeavours to help people. Cant say anything about all of the illogical aniems out there.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 26, 2:06 PM
Oct 2019
It really depends on who I'm talking to, and if I know what they're comfortable with. I guess generally speaking though, it'd probably be No Game No Life purely because of all the fanservice with Shiro. But if you can tolerate (or at least look past) that element of it, there is genuinely a great story there, with some great characters, a very unique and interesting world, and great visuals.

It's just a shame that anime-onlies are stuck with the weakest arc in the series cause Kadokawa refuses to do shit with the anime after 10 years.
Apr 26, 2:13 PM

Jun 2019
Horshu said:

But I see via access to your profile page that you literally have Rurouni Kenshin listed as your (sole) favorite? Or did you just mean that whatever you officially fill the slots with on a website like MAL doesn't count and you don't have any true personal favorites in the purest meaning of the term?

Do you believe having favorites is like unjustified selectivity or constitutes an undesirable form of discrimination?

ShatteredSans said:
It really depends on who I'm talking to, and if I know what they're comfortable with. I guess generally speaking though, it'd probably be No Game No Life purely because of all the fanservice with Shiro. But if you can tolerate (or at least look past) that element of it, there is genuinely a great story there, with some great characters, a very unique and interesting world, and great visuals.

And the minor incestuous elements, even though it's like faux-incest.
Apr 26, 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
Interspecies reviewers, I don't want to deal with all the hate it is able to generate here.

I have it in my favorites, because for me it was extremely funny and wacky. I'm not: a puritan, a loli hater, ecchi hater, nor a fanatic for censorship. So yeah this one was just highly enjoyable, I love to laugh and this made me lol several times.
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
Apr 26, 2:18 PM
Oct 2019
Horshu said:

But I see via access to your profile page that you literally have Rurouni Kenshin listed as your (sole) favorite? Or did you just mean that whatever you officially fill the slots with on a website like MAL doesn't count and you don't have any true personal favorites in the purest meaning of the term?

Do you believe having favorites is like unjustified selectivity or constitutes an undesirable form of discrimination?

ShatteredSans said:

And the minor incestuous elements, even though it's like faux-incest.
@WatchTillTandava there really isn't much incest stuff there, unless you're counting the circular breathing scene (which is understandable, given what it looks like).
Apr 26, 2:19 PM

Nov 2019
Lol I forgot it was there forgot to remove it with afro samurai, I put that there just to satsify my unsatifaction at the time, I like the philosophy soley I dont believe the anime is my objective favourite.

To be honest all anime is trash, pointless and boring. Having a favourite anime is seen as an impossiblilty to me, and I doubt that I will find one. Unjustified selectivity, na just dot think that any anime are worthy of being selected, and I doubt I will find one. or constitutes an undesirable form of discrimination? No discrimination, Just that No anime can satisfy me.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 26, 2:20 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Coaghim
Interspecies reviewers, I don't want to deal with all the hate it is able to generate here.

I have it in my favorites, because for me it was extremely funny and wacky. I'm not: a puritan, a loli hater, ecchi hater, nor a fanatic for censorship. So yeah this one was just highly enjoyable, I love to laugh and this made me lol several times.
Coaghim said:
I'm not: a puritan, a loli hater, ecchi hater, nor a fanatic for censorship.

@Coaghim Well I'm a few of those, yet I also like that anime. It's just a fun watch, honestly.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 26, 2:30 PM

Jun 2019
ShatteredSans said:
there really isn't much incest stuff there, unless you're counting the circular breathing scene (which is understandable, given what it looks like).

It's been a few years since I've watched the show all the way through, but yes, that scene is the biggest visual image which sticks out in my mind. It's one of those playful things written into anime which technically is one thing but could be taken (either by other characters in-universe or by people in the audience) as something else. It's done to kind of signal and dance on the line with that type of teasing imagery. Like, technically it's not a kiss, but could be easily mistaken for one, and was obviously deliberately made to look like one for that reason.

But I also remember other aspects of the characterization of the siblings in this way. Like it could be written off as Shiro just being a hikko NEET and with social anxiety and insecure, which she was and is also true, but also like the attachment was written as a major brother complex. I definitely view Shiro as a "brocon", as they say. Sora's feelings in that respect were a little less clear to me.

But again, it's kind of all moot anyway as even if that was the relationship and those aspects of the series are meant to imply that, they're not actual biological blood-related full siblings. Aren't they stepsiblings or one was adopted?
WatchTillTandavaApr 26, 2:36 PM
Apr 26, 2:51 PM

Feb 2024
Frieren, because I don't fight windmills.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 26, 6:24 PM
Oct 2019
ShatteredSans said:
there really isn't much incest stuff there, unless you're counting the circular breathing scene (which is understandable, given what it looks like).

It's been a few years since I've watched the show all the way through, but yes, that scene is the biggest visual image which sticks out in my mind. It's one of those playful things written into anime which technically is one thing but could be taken (either by other characters in-universe or by people in the audience) as something else. It's done to kind of signal and dance on the line with that type of teasing imagery. Like, technically it's not a kiss, but could be easily mistaken for one, and was obviously deliberately made to look like one for that reason.

But I also remember other aspects of the characterization of the siblings in this way. Like it could be written off as Shiro just being a hikko NEET and with social anxiety and insecure, which she was and is also true, but also like the attachment was written as a major brother complex. I definitely view Shiro as a "brocon", as they say. Sora's feelings in that respect were a little less clear to me.

But again, it's kind of all moot anyway as even if that was the relationship and those aspects of the series are meant to imply that, they're not actual biological blood-related full siblings. Aren't they stepsiblings or one was adopted?
@WatchTillTandava Shiro is kind of a "brocon", you're not wrong there. Sora is generally neutral towards/dismissive of that part of her in the anime.

And yeah, I think they're technically step-siblings.
Apr 26, 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
I guess when it really comes down to it, it would be To Aru. Not that I don't recommend it as much as my other favs but its the one I hesitate the most because next thing I know its a uphill battle to recommend the person to watch it in chronological order instead of release order which they are more inclined to do because its easier which I find annoying as a fan
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect.

Gashadokur0 - 25 minutes ago

3 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
1 minute ago

» help

arhttr - 3 hours ago

20 by Coaghim »»
9 minutes ago

» You have complicated feelings about this show, but it has become part of your life.

RobertBobert - Mar 13

26 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago

» What's the most interesting thing that came out of an anime girl's mouth?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

16 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» What does the Anime you watch say about you

ST63LTH - Apr 29

33 by DesuMaiden »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.