Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 25, 4:02 PM
Mar 2024
Unlike other shows where the international audience cannot do anything for home video sales, dal is in a unique position where we can make huge contributions. And can secure a final movie to adapt the last 3 novels.

Dal is also in a good position since it is a 10 year old franchise. Fans who watched back then are now adults with income and can contribute back to the franchise.

Let's be honest, overseas audience are not going to be buying 20k yen blu ray discs with no subs. Only exception is if there is a bonus.

The mio takamiya figure will be highly desirable once the season goes on and especially when her episodes air. You don't want to miss your chance to get the beautiful figure of best girl. Already ordered mines.

Here are the links
Blu ray
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=MED-DVD2-55939
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KAXA-8761

The DVD packages have sold out so you will not be able to get them. Cdjapan also has coupons like once a month. So use those on the pre order

Apr 25, 4:27 PM
Mar 2023
The only thing I can think of besides the anime would be to just buy the light novel.

I believe there’s a total of 11 volumes out so far, 5 of which I have and one thing I can tell you is it’s totally worth it.
Apr 25, 4:55 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Vanloonersz
The only thing I can think of besides the anime would be to just buy the light novel.

I believe there’s a total of 11 volumes out so far, 5 of which I have and one thing I can tell you is it’s totally worth it.
@Vanloonersz light novels not exact cheap here. The current 11 would run 100 usd. Also ln sales go back to publishers vs the producers.

Blu ray sales go back to the producers. The blu ray package is available for a limited time. Unlike lego sets. Also mio isn't like a lego set where they constantly make new millennium falcons, quinjets, landspeeders, snowspeeders.
Apr 25, 5:35 PM
Mar 2017
The anime blu-rays, the light novels if available in your region, Kurumi figures probably. XD

If there is any Drama CDs available as I know they exist but overseas easy to access not likely.

Soundtrack CDs maybe.

Otherwise not sure. The S4 blu-rays are maybe still available I still see them I barely see 1-3 to anymore so I am glad I got them when I did I thought I'd never own S1 or 2 but I do thankfully due to timing, no S1 blu-ray but S1 DVD, S2 DVD and Blu-ray never even opened the blu-ray as no need to.

I don't have access to the light noevls yet I think or I haven't looked for them in my region really.

The manga isn't going to go overseas any time soon and there is 2 versions of that pretty sure. The Mayuri Judgement movie never came overseas either.

I've just supported the blu-rays and the visual novel trilogy on PS4 (it is on PC as well uncensored).

I'm not into figures and the rest are not in easy reach for me but not of interest anyways.
Apr 25, 6:28 PM
Nov 2019
Vanloonersz said:

I think purchasing gems in Spirit Pledge on Japanese server is also a way that’s stupid but works well. The game is playable and it isn’t completely irrelevant to the anime production budgets.
Apr 25, 7:01 PM

Feb 2021
Maybe you can start by watching the show legally since anime producers (including the CEO of Kadokawa anime) have all said that they take overseas streaming numbers into consideration, and they also make more money, the more people that are watching the show.
Apr 26, 3:06 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to MadanielFL
Maybe you can start by watching the show legally since anime producers (including the CEO of Kadokawa anime) have all said that they take overseas streaming numbers into consideration, and they also make more money, the more people that are watching the show.
@MadanielFL streaming doesn't really do anything and chainsaw man proved it. Licensors underpay for titles. Any revenue goes back to the licensor. Netflix doesn't care much about anime because they know it will be pirated anyways. Anime is so easy to pirate outside japan vs netflix or disney+ originals. This is why Warner bros wanted to sell of crunchyroll.
Apr 26, 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
streaming doesn't really do anything and chainsaw man proved it. Licensors underpay for titles. Any revenue goes back to the licensor. Netflix doesn't care much about anime because they know it will be pirated anyways. Anime is so easy to pirate outside japan vs netflix or disney+ originals. This is why Warner bros wanted to sell of crunchyroll
Do you have a source that proves licensors underpay for titles?

Last time I checked, the cost of licensing anime has only gone up over the years, and licensors like CR literally use royalty based licenses which means the more viewers = the more money going to that show.
And CSM seems to have low blu-ray sales in Japan, if anything it was the expensive licensing fees that made them most of their money.

Also Netflix literally produces anime, so I do think they care...
Apr 26, 7:41 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to MadanielFL
SpiderMiles3523 said:
streaming doesn't really do anything and chainsaw man proved it. Licensors underpay for titles. Any revenue goes back to the licensor. Netflix doesn't care much about anime because they know it will be pirated anyways. Anime is so easy to pirate outside japan vs netflix or disney+ originals. This is why Warner bros wanted to sell of crunchyroll
Do you have a source that proves licensors underpay for titles?

Last time I checked, the cost of licensing anime has only gone up over the years, and licensors like CR literally use royalty based licenses which means the more viewers = the more money going to that show.
And CSM seems to have low blu-ray sales in Japan, if anything it was the expensive licensing fees that made them most of their money.

Also Netflix literally produces anime, so I do think they care...
@MadanielFL Majority of anine fans are young and have free time on their hands but not necessarily money. Their parents are not going to give them a credit card to pay for crunchyroll let alone figures, blu ray, merch. If they did, they probably pay to watch more expensive shows like Netflix or disney+ originals. Since they look better and are harder to pirate.

Also netflix doesn't produce long running shows. They will cancel a ton of shows.

Streaming largely killed off anime's number one source of income. Blu ray sales. This article explains it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/high-school-dxd-producer-industry-changes-sales-impact-explained/

Dal is 11 years old at this point. So the anime has effectively outlasted AOT. If the viewerbase was in their teens, they would be working adults with disposable income.

In addition, dal doesn't try to waste your time by dragging out parts of the light novel. So it covers through the story fast and isn't overtly expensive to collect the blu rays.
In addition it has a key goal from the beginning and heavily alludes to big secrets this season throughout the series. Making it worthwhile to collect.

Streaming has sort of became an all you can eat buffet for shows. With many shows in addition to sequels, it has become harder for adults to consume it all. Plus you don't own the shows. Streaming services will only continue to raise prices and take down shows to save money as time goes on. Blu rays is a 1 time payment. I don't have to worry about losing access to show.
Apr 26, 8:44 AM

Feb 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
Streaming largely killed off anime's number one source of income. Blu ray sales. This article explains it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/high-school-dxd-producer-industry-changes-sales-impact-explained/
Yes Blu-rays are not that important anymore, which is why anime producers are looking at the number of viewers on streaming services to see how well each title did, and see if it's worth making a sequel or not.

And Netlfix has produced show shows like Romantic Killer, Onmyouji, Oooku, and The Way of the Househusband.

Apr 26, 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
I'd buy the blu-ray, except I've only ever seen the first seen at $100, so I buy the Taito figures to help it.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 26, 2:49 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to MadanielFL
SpiderMiles3523 said:
Yes Blu-rays are not that important anymore, which is why anime producers are looking at the number of viewers on streaming services to see how well each title did, and see if it's worth making a sequel or not.

And Netlfix has produced show shows like Romantic Killer, Onmyouji, Oooku, and The Way of the Househusband.

@MadanielFL the problem is how many of those viewers are going to spend a nickel on their series. Anime fans are not like star wars fans that buy massive lego sets like the millennium falcon. Or hundreds of battle packs. Too many new shows means attention will be divided among too many shows.

Dal has low streams but has a super dedicated fanbase. Why do you think kurumi almost has as much scales as rem.
Apr 26, 2:51 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Tropisch
I'd buy the blu-ray, except I've only ever seen the first seen at $100, so I buy the Taito figures to help it.
@Tropisch I have bought ultimate collector series star wars lego sets like the millennium falcon so I can stomach the pricy mio takamiya blu ray package.

But yeah I understand those who only buy the taito figures or light novels. Blu rays unfortunately still most key factor.
Apr 26, 2:55 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Suntanned_Duck2
The anime blu-rays, the light novels if available in your region, Kurumi figures probably. XD

If there is any Drama CDs available as I know they exist but overseas easy to access not likely.

Soundtrack CDs maybe.

Otherwise not sure. The S4 blu-rays are maybe still available I still see them I barely see 1-3 to anymore so I am glad I got them when I did I thought I'd never own S1 or 2 but I do thankfully due to timing, no S1 blu-ray but S1 DVD, S2 DVD and Blu-ray never even opened the blu-ray as no need to.

I don't have access to the light noevls yet I think or I haven't looked for them in my region really.

The manga isn't going to go overseas any time soon and there is 2 versions of that pretty sure. The Mayuri Judgement movie never came overseas either.

I've just supported the blu-rays and the visual novel trilogy on PS4 (it is on PC as well uncensored).

I'm not into figures and the rest are not in easy reach for me but not of interest anyways.
@Suntanned_Duck2 mio takamiya figure will be highly desired. Especially since she has theoretically been with us since season 1 and you get the teddy bear. Especially since anime figure companies are doing fewer anime figures and more gacha game figures. We are no longer in the 2010s when saekano, oregairu, to love ru, infinite stratos where figure companies do multiple figure on the cast.

You don't want to miss this chance. Light novels probably won't do anything since money goes to the publisher, not the producer. Producer is goodshow, not kadokawa.
Apr 26, 10:17 PM
Sep 2021
most people don't even care about this anime
Apr 27, 1:08 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
@Saimatsu_Fan I highly doubt that lol.https://www.reddit.com/r/datealive/comments/y9v885/japan_top_10_weekly_anime_bluray_and_dvd_sales/. Weirdly enough dal fans are not really loud like other anime fans but they are very dedicated.
Apr 27, 1:11 AM

Nov 2019
NickReyes said:
@Saimatsu_Fan I highly doubt that lol.https://www.reddit.com/r/datealive/comments/y9v885/japan_top_10_weekly_anime_bluray_and_dvd_sales/. Weirdly enough dal fans are not really loud like other anime fans but they are very dedicated.

don't mind them, they are a cave dweller with nothing to back up anything they yap about
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 27, 1:26 AM
Sep 2021
NickReyes said:

i meant non Japanese fans

it's an ecchi harem series, it's getting under the rug regardless of how good it is
Apr 27, 1:52 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
@Saimatsu_Fan please don't bring up the stupid Japanese streaming charts. That chart is all recency bias. Chainsaw man shows that streaming is irrelevant if no one buys the merchandise and blu rays. Also japan doesn't prefer shows like this. Filler shows like boruto, tensura, fairy tale and get ridiculous amount of episodes there but ngnl can't even get a season 2.
Apr 27, 2:22 AM
Sep 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan please don't bring up the stupid Japanese streaming charts. That chart is all recency bias. Chainsaw man shows that streaming is irrelevant if no one buys the merchandise and blu rays. Also japan doesn't prefer shows like this. Filler shows like boruto, tensura, fairy tale and get ridiculous amount of episodes there but ngnl can't even get a season 2.

i didn't bring up anything, i just said that most non Japanese fans don't care about the series because it's an ecchi + harem

it's as simple as that
Apr 27, 3:31 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
@Saimatsu_Fan Most people who care about their favourite anime never had another season; if it had another season, it would not be the be the same as the original seasons, Just like posted by anime trending today. post
10 years ago, Date A Live and The Irregular at Magic High School were the Top 2-voted anime in the first week of our Spring 2014 anime rankings...
Apr 27, 3:36 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
SpiderMiles3523 said:

i didn't bring up anything, i just said that most non Japanese fans don't care about the series because it's an ecchi + harem

it's as simple as that
@Saimatsu_Fan I know you do not like the ecchi and harem genres in anime, but that does not mean there is no audience for these kinds of genres. Ecchi + Harem is still popular as of 10 years ago, and people still watch these kinds of anime. The same applies to Date a live series. 
Apr 27, 7:02 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
@Saimatsu_Fan

You have to come out of your cave... Date a live is now at the top of the list and in the top 10 of anime merchandise on most Japanese online shops.

Kurumi tokisaki has caused an explosion in Google searches and the number of new people interested in the series this April 2024 (thanks to youtube and tiktok). You have to go back to 2014 to find such popularity! ''My honey'' has done its job.

If we want to support date a live, it's by buying blu ray, because it's a collector's item now. The dal community isn't huge, but it's extremely devoted, and the number of merchandising items for season 4 exploded (for s5, the DVDs are already out of stock, so if you want to get Mio, hurry up).

Anyway, you only have to look at the rankings on animecorner/anitrend and the Spanish one to see that dal easily stays in the top 5. So popularity remains high! ( In the West, most dal merchandise is out of stock, so it's still selling very well for an old licence.)

Ah, a little clarification... the ecchi side of dal has been gone since... 2020 !! But the harem aspect also diminishes in this season, with the series tackling more serious subjects. Fan loyalty can be explained by the exciting storyline anyway (and the charisma of several characters).

dal is not a real harem anyway for those who have read the LN, will confirm it, it has for example nothing to compare with DxD, which is a real series of the genre.
benjic665Apr 27, 8:34 AM
Apr 27, 7:47 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
SpiderMiles3523 said:

it's as simple as that
@Saimatsu_Fan found the isekai fan. U must be butthurt ur isekai is not getting treated as the dark knight and everyone is criticizing it. I kind of funny you complain about ecchi and harem and not even watch ur show when isekai is literally just a harem in a fantasy world. Isekais is literally a genre made for hikikomori.

No shit you haven't seen the show since I don't think you can describe a single thing happening this season.
Apr 27, 10:13 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
NickReyes said:

i meant non Japanese fans

it's an ecchi harem series, it's getting under the rug regardless of how good it is
@Saimatsu_Fan I actually felt quite sad to see your getting attack by spidermiles,your not even hating on dal.I mean your even giving dal an 8 so I don't see how your hating it at this point.Spidermiles is just too dedicated haha.
Apr 27, 11:56 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to NickReyes
@Saimatsu_Fan I actually felt quite sad to see your getting attack by spidermiles,your not even hating on dal.I mean your even giving dal an 8 so I don't see how your hating it at this point.Spidermiles is just too dedicated haha.
@NickReyes most of the anime fandom are just young boys who feel their masculinity gets hurt watching a show with cute girls. So they blindly say this a "generic harem" and don't pay attention to the story. Which is so obvious from just watching the ending song. Literacy skills are practically dead in young generations.

Japan not much better since shonen manga guaranteed to get sell and that is where money comes from. And new fans will defend that to death.
Apr 27, 1:06 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@NickReyes most of the anime fandom are just young boys who feel their masculinity gets hurt watching a show with cute girls. So they blindly say this a "generic harem" and don't pay attention to the story. Which is so obvious from just watching the ending song. Literacy skills are practically dead in young generations.

Japan not much better since shonen manga guaranteed to get sell and that is where money comes from. And new fans will defend that to death.
@SpiderMiles3523 I mean your right but we can't really do or change anything can we so its quite pointless to talk about it.But then again dal is also famous at Japan,so win-win?
Apr 27, 1:12 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to NickReyes
@SpiderMiles3523 I mean your right but we can't really do or change anything can we so its quite pointless to talk about it.But then again dal is also famous at Japan,so win-win?
@NickReyes ur actually kind of wrong. Only stuff popular in Japan is battle shonen from weekly Shonen jump and nothing really else. It is the international fans helping dal out. This is why dal is doing better on polls here. I linked out you can help in the original post.

Recency bias is extreme in japan and their tastes changes way more than mal. Many don't even know what cowboy Bebop is.

The average Japanese person only knows demon slayer and jujutsu kaisen.
Apr 27, 10:41 PM
Sep 2021
benjic665 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan

You have to come out of your cave... Date a live is now at the top of the list and in the top 10 of anime merchandise on most Japanese online shops.

Kurumi tokisaki has caused an explosion in Google searches and the number of new people interested in the series this April 2024 (thanks to youtube and tiktok). You have to go back to 2014 to find such popularity! ''My honey'' has done its job.

If we want to support date a live, it's by buying blu ray, because it's a collector's item now. The dal community isn't huge, but it's extremely devoted, and the number of merchandising items for season 4 exploded (for s5, the DVDs are already out of stock, so if you want to get Mio, hurry up).

Anyway, you only have to look at the rankings on animecorner/anitrend and the Spanish one to see that dal easily stays in the top 5. So popularity remains high! ( In the West, most dal merchandise is out of stock, so it's still selling very well for an old licence.)

Ah, a little clarification... the ecchi side of dal has been gone since... 2020 !! But the harem aspect also diminishes in this season, with the series tackling more serious subjects. Fan loyalty can be explained by the exciting storyline anyway (and the charisma of several characters).

dal is not a real harem anyway for those who have read the LN, will confirm it, it has for example nothing to compare with DxD, which is a real series of the genre.

1) " Japanese online shops " my brother in god i already mentioned in previous comments that i was specifically talking about the non Japanese fans

2) just because a character is popular doesn't mean the series where she is is loved, many SAO girls are popular despite people hating SAO, domestic girlfriend OP is popular and yet everyone hates the anime, etc

3) it's still a harem/ecchi series lol and no, you can still have those and tackle a serious story
Apr 27, 10:48 PM
Sep 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan found the isekai fan. U must be butthurt ur isekai is not getting treated as the dark knight and everyone is criticizing it. I kind of funny you complain about ecchi and harem and not even watch ur show when isekai is literally just a harem in a fantasy world. Isekais is literally a genre made for hikikomori.

No shit you haven't seen the show since I don't think you can describe a single thing happening this season.

me being an isekai fan changes nothing and i never even mentioned isekai in my statements, all of what I've just said is that the series being ecchi and harem means most non Japanese fans are not going to care about it regardless of its actual quality

also I'm a fan of this series lol did you check my mal enough ?
Apr 27, 10:58 PM
Sep 2021
NickReyes said:

well some people literally can't read or check your mal ratings properly lol
Apr 28, 9:46 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
SpiderMiles3523 said:

me being an isekai fan changes nothing and i never even mentioned isekai in my statements, all of what I've just said is that the series being ecchi and harem means most non Japanese fans are not going to care about it regardless of its actual quality

also I'm a fan of this series lol did you check my mal enough ?
@Saimatsu_Fan majority of dal fans are international. Look at dal's Japanese streams and they are lower than crunchyroll. Also japan is way more puritan than the west. Why do you think yuri sells so well there. Why do so many Japanese men either die from karoshi or go neet. Why do you think Japanese women have the highest body counts. Look at kentaro yabuki's wife. Why do you think their birth rates are in the toilet. Dating app preferences favoring asian women and against asian men applies there too.

Check with from mercury. Robert made posts where bandai threatened to sue news outlets there that criticized witch from mercury.
Apr 28, 6:50 PM
Sep 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan majority of dal fans are international. Look at dal's Japanese streams and they are lower than crunchyroll. Also japan is way more puritan than the west. Why do you think yuri sells so well there. Why do so many Japanese men either die from karoshi or go neet. Why do you think Japanese women have the highest body counts. Look at kentaro yabuki's wife. Why do you think their birth rates are in the toilet. Dating app preferences favoring asian women and against asian men applies there too.

Check with from mercury. Robert made posts where bandai threatened to sue news outlets there that criticized witch from mercury.

none of this changes the fact that the ecchi and harem will always be a disliked genre in the west
Apr 28, 11:41 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
SpiderMiles3523 said:

none of this changes the fact that the ecchi and harem will always be a disliked genre in the west
@Saimatsu_Fan I think you are the only one who dislikes the ecchi and harem genres, not in the west. Your rating on Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete and Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo already tells everything about you, since you have given 4 ratings, where those two shows are most liked show in the past seasons, which has rated over 100k people those two anime, if you don't like those genres, it does not mean whole east and west does not like them, if you don't like watching that kind of shows, then don't watch them. I also don't like isekai/fantasy genres, but it does not mean I don't like something, then whole world don't watch them. This is my taste in watching anime.

also, Frieren got Outsold by Gushing Over Magical Girls
RoyalDemon05Apr 28, 11:44 PM
Apr 29, 6:38 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Suntanned_Duck2 mio takamiya figure will be highly desired. Especially since she has theoretically been with us since season 1 and you get the teddy bear. Especially since anime figure companies are doing fewer anime figures and more gacha game figures. We are no longer in the 2010s when saekano, oregairu, to love ru, infinite stratos where figure companies do multiple figure on the cast.

You don't want to miss this chance. Light novels probably won't do anything since money goes to the publisher, not the producer. Producer is goodshow, not kadokawa.
@SpiderMiles3523 Agreed that's why I said Kurumi as I have never seen any others. I know other cast ones would exist but most times i feel it's key cast and just swimsuit/other variations. I haven't seen the others so I didn't comment on them.

Mio makes sense though I'd say to captialise on that.

Yeah gacha game focus these days, make sense.

Well yeah but at the same time it is DAL related. I mean for the studios sure but eventually they have less to work with. I mean in a way S4/Date a Bullet and S5 will support Geek Toys (or their non Date A Live related anime).

I mean in a way DAL had a new studio every season so each season would or wouldn't (as S1 or S2 studio died) support them.

LNs at least support the author/illustrator of some pictures. So in a way it is going to the author. Yes more so the publishers of course as whatever percentage goes to the author. But it is a LN first, anime adaptation after all. So it's DAL related still. If you meant. ANIME only then sure.

Even the game/figures have their splits somewhere of course (I don't know how so I won't even expand on that).

The game doesn't go to the anime staff of course unless a studio helped with parts in it of cutscenes or intro movie.
Apr 29, 11:37 PM
Sep 2021
RoyalDemon05 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan I think you are the only one who dislikes the ecchi and harem genres, not in the west. Your rating on Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete and Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo already tells everything about you, since you have given 4 ratings, where those two shows are most liked show in the past seasons, which has rated over 100k people those two anime, if you don't like those genres, it does not mean whole east and west does not like them, if you don't like watching that kind of shows, then don't watch them. I also don't like isekai/fantasy genres, but it does not mean I don't like something, then whole world don't watch them. This is my taste in watching anime.

1) i gave these two a low rating because i dislike the comedy, art style, and i don't like any of the characters

2) " you seem to dislike ecchi and harem because you gave these two popular anime a low rating!! "

did....did you see my whole mal ? lol

3) and no this doesn't change the fact that the ecchi and harem genre is pretty much disliked/unpopular with western anime fans

4) The magical girl anime sold more because the blu ray disks didn't have censorship so people bought tons of it because they wanted to watch the show uncensored, meanwhile there's nothing to censor in Frieren

nvm that this doesn't change the fact that most people don't like that series and instead like Frieren and considers it a masterpiece
May 1, 1:34 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@SpiderMiles3523
I don't think you know what you're talking about, Chainsaw Man was a huge success BECAUSE of the streaming numbers, it was literally confirmed by Mappa producers. That's why they're doing a movie for it.
May 1, 5:00 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
RoyalDemon05 said:

1) i gave these two a low rating because i dislike the comedy, art style, and i don't like any of the characters

2) " you seem to dislike ecchi and harem because you gave these two popular anime a low rating!! "

did....did you see my whole mal ? lol

3) and no this doesn't change the fact that the ecchi and harem genre is pretty much disliked/unpopular with western anime fans

4) The magical girl anime sold more because the blu ray disks didn't have censorship so people bought tons of it because they wanted to watch the show uncensored, meanwhile there's nothing to censor in Frieren

nvm that this doesn't change the fact that most people don't like that series and instead like Frieren and considers it a masterpiece
@Saimatsu_Fan

what you say is totally untrue: the producer of high school dxd himself said that the harem and ecchi genres sales much better in the West than in Japan for his license, for example.
benjic665May 1, 6:25 PM
May 1, 5:56 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Alexcav999
@SpiderMiles3523
I don't think you know what you're talking about, Chainsaw Man was a huge success BECAUSE of the streaming numbers, it was literally confirmed by Mappa producers. That's why they're doing a movie for it.
@Alexcav999 they said it was underwhelming success at first. The only reason they are saying s huge success now is they are hyping the movie. Reality is they needed any penny they got
May 1, 5:58 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
SpiderMiles3523 said:

@Saimatsu_Fan except literally no one talks about high school dxd in japan. But on imdb, entirely western base, it is bigger than any isekai including re zero

Also please explain why Japan is suffering worst birth rates than the west. And why Japan has women only trains.
May 1, 11:10 PM
Sep 2021
benjic665 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan

what you say is totally untrue: the producer of high school dxd himself said that the harem and ecchi genres sales much better in the West than in Japan for his license, for example.

what a random producer says doesn't change the fact that most western anime fans dislike ecchi and the harem genres
May 1, 11:12 PM
Sep 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan except literally no one talks about high school dxd in japan. But on imdb, entirely western base, it is bigger than any isekai including re zero

Also please explain why Japan is suffering worst birth rates than the west. And why Japan has women only trains.

ah yes people like Highschool DxD more than re zero!!

also you're bringing up irrelevant topics in a discussion about ecchi anime
May 2, 4:36 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Alexcav999 they said it was underwhelming success at first. The only reason they are saying s huge success now is they are hyping the movie. Reality is they needed any penny they got
@SpiderMiles3523 Wrong, they said it was success, but on Jujutsu level (which sold a lot of bluray) and they said it way before the movie was announced. Why was it a success if it sold few Blu-ray? Because of the streaming revenue.
May 2, 7:26 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
SpiderMiles3523 said:

ah yes people like Highschool DxD more than re zero!!

also you're bringing up irrelevant topics in a discussion about ecchi anime
@Saimatsu_Fan high school dxd is way way more popular than re zero, sao, konosuba in the west. https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1786016396905746549?t=VDjZXhKCFpjPnl5YMjJ4ow&s=19

Overseas localization doubled high school circulation. When people say ecchi harem in the west, they always refer to high school dxd. Not to love ru, not redo of healer
May 2, 7:32 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Saimatsu_Fan high school dxd is way way more popular than re zero, sao, konosuba in the west. https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1786016396905746549?t=VDjZXhKCFpjPnl5YMjJ4ow&s=19

Overseas localization doubled high school circulation. When people say ecchi harem in the west, they always refer to high school dxd. Not to love ru, not redo of healer
@SpiderMiles3523
Highschool dxd is becoming more and more a series not watched by current generation. Number of members show with modern popularity Konosuba, Re Zero, and SAO are all a lot more popular than dxd. Most of mal users are in the west specifically the usa.
May 2, 10:30 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to rohan121
@SpiderMiles3523
Highschool dxd is becoming more and more a series not watched by current generation. Number of members show with modern popularity Konosuba, Re Zero, and SAO are all a lot more popular than dxd. Most of mal users are in the west specifically the usa.
@rohan121 ln sales otherwise Since you now see dxd lns in stores more than re zero, konosuba, mushoku etc. And dxd anime wise has been dead for like 6 years.

dxd is one of the only few shows with blatant nudity that has so many episodes. So it will be the first recommendation. Dxd also has an extreme popularity disrepancy here between west and east. Since western fans are less likely to be shamed for liking dxd than asian fans. Just research east asia birth rates.
May 2, 7:39 PM
Sep 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:

highschool DxD being popular doesn't change literally anything of what i said
May 7, 11:33 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
@Saimatsu_Fan this comment aged well. Current polled the number one anime on all polling sites

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

46 by MomoSinX »»
37 minutes ago

» Imagine watching this subtitled, lol ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Yesterday

54 by Vampire_Lord »»
2 hours ago

» Is this gonna be the final season? ( 1 2 )

keithgriff - May 19

50 by benjic665 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

85 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Yesterday, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1

80 by Asvados »»
May 22, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.