Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 7:57 AM
Feb 2023
Do you think this anime is isekai?
I didn't read the anime source, but looking at what was shown in the anime I feel it wasn't an accident or a condition to make the main character look stupid.

Reason :
1. The main character realizes that there are many similarities between where he came from and the world he lives in now.
2. What applies in the world of origin also applies in this world, for example a monster that in the world of origin is a strong monster turns out to still be strong in isekai but the main character only thinks it is a weak monster.
3. When he tried to teleport to his original world he didn't move, there are only 2 possibilities, either he can't return to his original world or he is currently in his original world.

Conclusion :
Actually, the main character doesn't move to another world, he just moves to another country or continent. That's why his world system wasn't much different, why his teleportation magic didn't take him back to his "home world"
Apr 25, 8:12 AM
Oct 2021
The king summoned the dude from a different world. As a merchant he would recognize his own world and the countries. Additionally the lizard man in episode 1 said that they don’t have slavery in their world. The main character’s world had slavery.
Apr 25, 9:14 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Yeetyus
The king summoned the dude from a different world. As a merchant he would recognize his own world and the countries. Additionally the lizard man in episode 1 said that they don’t have slavery in their world. The main character’s world had slavery.
@Yeetyus
"Summoning him from another world" is words what the person who summoned the main character said when he appeared in the magic circle. CMIMW if I'm remember correctly Even when they checked the main character's stats and it looked low, there were some of them saying "did we fail again" what form of failure they committed was not identified to us. My guess is that the failure that occurs still results in someone still being called. This is what makes me not sure this is an Isekai, because the narration is given in the form of dialogue from other people which is then acknowledged by the main character. there is no/no explanation from the main character where he finds out about the lore, region, or form of the world he lives in now. Especially when he talks to the lizardman, the main character is the first to mention "in my home world" and then the lizardman replies "I don't know what your world is like, but we don't do that here."

The main character is also not a big and prominent trader. He is just a small trader in his "world", what if his world was just a continent. Where on this continent there is slavery for non-humans. Meanwhile, currently the main character is on another continent where slavery for non-humans does not exist/no longer exists. as a small trader he may not realize how big the world in which he lives is. Moreover, technology and magic in this fantasy world are not common things. Everyone still moved/traded with horses and carts on land routes. I think this allows the main character to experience limited information. Especially in his home world he treats non-humans like no other people, of course this further worsens the path of information/knowledge that the main character can get when trading.

I mean like in our world, Europeans who came to America used to call Apache people Indians even though they weren't Indians and they weren't in India. Another example is when warriors in China during the past imperial era tried to become "the best warriors in the world" when the world they were referring to was nothing more than Mainland China. What if the main character experiences similar limitations in information, then it's no wonder the main character experiences misinformation.
Apr 25, 9:48 AM
Feb 2016
it's literally in the title.
Apr 25, 10:04 AM
Jun 2021
Shows dude summoned to other world, makes multiple references to another world.

Oxford English Dictionary's official website defines isekai as "a Japanese genre of science or fantasy fiction featuring a protagonist who is transported to or reincarnated in a different, strange, or unfamiliar world."

Isekai box checked ✅
Apr 25, 10:07 AM

Sep 2018
It is a isekai by the book, but I think it is great regardless.
Apr 25, 10:14 AM
May 2023
drinfantom said:

Oxford English Dictionary's official website defines isekai as "a Japanese genre of science or fantasy fiction featuring a protagonist who is transported to or reincarnated in a different, strange, or unfamiliar world."

Isekai box checked ✅

Oxford has the word wrong, tensei is Japanese for reincarnation
Apr 25, 10:23 AM
Dec 2022
Zenryou277 said:
I didn't read the anime source, but looking at what was shown in the anime I feel it wasn't an accident or a condition to make the main character look stupid.

Reason :
1. The main character realizes that there are many similarities between where he came from and the world he lives in now.
2. What applies in the world of origin also applies in this world, for example a monster that in the world of origin is a strong monster turns out to still be strong in isekai but the main character only thinks it is a weak monster.
3. When he tried to teleport to his original world he didn't move, there are only 2 possibilities, either he can't return to his original world or he is currently in his original world.

Conclusion :
Actually, the main character doesn't move to another world, he just moves to another country or continent. That's why his world system wasn't much different, why his teleportation magic didn't take him back to his "home world"

stop man you haven't discovered anything that your thinking.
it's a fucken isekai, no matter what the world building , the couses might be different, it might be a reverse isekai, or after death soul entire into a body, or with previous memories, might straight out brought from real world has he was.

all are isekai's. just the fact that he was transported in to another world is considered as isekai, no matter how similar they might be.

you made a conclusion that - when he tries to teleport to his world
1- he cannot
2- he is in the same world ( it might but not practical i will explain it later)
but what he actually said is he cannot in his current level.

as your theory, that he is in the same world. and that might be true only in this condition.
1) he might be summoned into the same world but in a different time line. or
2) summoned into future of the same world, because the way the treat demon's as equal, ware as in his previous world they ware treated as nothing but low live or slaves.
Apr 25, 10:48 AM
Jul 2023
isekai ligit means being transported to another world... the method isnt supposed to be specific
Apr 25, 10:56 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Anime_God_King
it's literally in the title.
@Anime_God_King If I want to make a title from my perspective as the main character, then I will write the title based on what I know, right?
If the main character believes that he is in another world, and he writes it in a title then he certainly says he is in another world.
This perspective is what makes me not believe 100% in the title.
the title doesn't say "a guy lives casually in another world with powers" but it says "Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers" this makes me take the perspective that the title is a statement from the main character, and the main character believes he exists in the world other.
Apr 25, 11:04 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to drinfantom

Isekai box checked ✅
@drinfantom Oxford definiton it's even more confusing that it can support my theory. there it says "or unfamiliar world", unfamiliar world can be defined as a location where we don't know where we are. If the main character thinks that he is in a world that is not familiar to him then he is in another world. But doesn't the main character realize that there are many similarities between his "world" and this other world? meaning this world is no longer unfamiliar. 😃
Apr 25, 11:25 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
Zenryou277 said:

Reason :

Conclusion :

stop man you haven't discovered anything that your thinking.
it's a fucken isekai, no matter what the world building , the couses might be different, it might be a reverse isekai, or after death soul entire into a body, or with previous memories, might straight out brought from real world has he was.

all are isekai's. just the fact that he was transported in to another world is considered as isekai, no matter how similar they might be.

you made a conclusion that - when he tries to teleport to his world
1- he cannot
2- he is in the same world ( it might but not practical i will explain it later)
but what he actually said is he cannot in his current level.

as your theory, that he is in the same world. and that might be true only in this condition.
1) he might be summoned into the same world but in a different time line. or
2) summoned into future of the same world, because the way the treat demon's as equal, ware as in his previous world they ware treated as nothing but low live or slaves.
@Yeshaiah2015yesh "he was transported in to another world" was the sentence that the person in the "other world" said to him. Did they do a check to make sure the main character was really from another world, not as far that I know of.
Let me give you example, let's assume that in our world there is teleportation or reincarnation magic. Let's say you live in New York, Then people from Hotazel summon you via this magic. People from Hotazel believe they success do reincarnation magic and believe you are from another world, and then say to you "Welcome to Hotazel, people from another world". Of course you will believe you are in another world if you don't check it, even though you just moved from New York to South Africa.

when he wanted to teleport to his "home world" the main character was the one who thought he wasn't level enough, right?
but we as viewers know that our friend has infinite stats. So the potential for failure should be very small, so there are 2 possibilities where he is in the world he is going to, and the words he uses are wrong. The main character said to move to his home world. Let's just say he comes from a village called Azure in his home world, if he said "teleport to Azure" that could potentially happen. Because when he teleported to the palace he clearly said palace which made the location detailed but when he said world the sentence became very broad.

I had thought about this possibility. And it actually becomes clear that this anime is not Isekai. However, I am trying to open a discussion where this is not a passage of time, as the opening and core of the discussion.
Apr 25, 11:31 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to SweatyFingers
isekai ligit means being transported to another world... the method isnt supposed to be specific
@SweatyFingers Yes it is, but if you can confirm you are in another world.
1. For example, if you success identify that you are in the same world at a different time, it doesn't become isekai but becomes time travel.
2. how can you not be sure you are in another world, and you are not in another world. You only believe you are in another world because other people say you are in another world. Of course it won't be make you an isekai (another world) anyway. For example, you are in New York but someone else says you are in Hawaii. That doesn't put you in Hawaii, does it?
Apr 25, 11:33 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to rohan121
It is a isekai by the book, but I think it is great regardless.
@rohan121 If the author wants to trick us, of course he will still write Isekai in the title 😄😄😄
Apr 25, 11:56 AM

Feb 2024
The teleportation activated, but it may just need a lot of time to complete the process.
Apr 25, 12:32 PM
Feb 2016
Zenryou277 said:
@Anime_God_King If I want to make a title from my perspective as the main character, then I will write the title based on what I know, right?
If the main character believes that he is in another world, and he writes it in a title then he certainly says he is in another world.
This perspective is what makes me not believe 100% in the title.
the title doesn't say "a guy lives casually in another world with powers" but it says "Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers" this makes me take the perspective that the title is a statement from the main character, and the main character believes he exists in the world other.

Dude, don't double down. It's an isakai.
Apr 25, 7:03 PM
Aug 2023
Zenryou277 said:
@rohan121 If the author wants to trick us, of course he will still write Isekai in the title 😄😄😄

It is an isekai, It's literally mentioned in the title and genre. Your thread is pointless and stupid
Apr 25, 9:02 PM
Dec 2022
Zenryou277 said:
@Yeshaiah2015yesh "he was transported in to another world" was the sentence that the person in the "other world" said to him. Did they do a check to make sure the main character was really from another world, not as far that I know of.
Let me give you example, let's assume that in our world there is teleportation or reincarnation magic. Let's say you live in New York, Then people from Hotazel summon you via this magic. People from Hotazel believe they success do reincarnation magic and believe you are from another world, and then say to you "Welcome to Hotazel, people from another world". Of course you will believe you are in another world if you don't check it, even though you just moved from New York to South Africa.

when he wanted to teleport to his "home world" the main character was the one who thought he wasn't level enough, right?
but we as viewers know that our friend has infinite stats. So the potential for failure should be very small, so there are 2 possibilities where he is in the world he is going to, and the words he uses are wrong. The main character said to move to his home world. Let's just say he comes from a village called Azure in his home world, if he said "teleport to Azure" that could potentially happen. Because when he teleported to the palace he clearly said palace which made the location detailed but when he said world the sentence became very broad.

I had thought about this possibility. And it actually becomes clear that this anime is not Isekai. However, I am trying to open a discussion where this is not a passage of time, as the opening and core of the discussion.

Dude your having too much copium. why don't just ask manga/LN readers about your theory. simple and quick.

and he is a merchant, he should have atleast some knowledge of others countries.
so he was in royal capital plugo or something, and then he transported/summoned to the kingdom of magic. if he is a merchant he would atleast know about the names of countries. and it was Stated that they summoned "many" hero's "many" times.
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 26, 1:50 AM
Apr 25, 11:48 PM

Dec 2011
He's transported from a fantasy world to another fantasy world that happens to have a similar magic system.

It's possible that it's just another country as you stated but unless it's blatantly specified by any character, yeah it's an isekai.
Apr 26, 3:44 AM
Apr 2022
Isekai just means another world the lack of magic or it's presence in the old world doesn't really make a difference.
It's still another world so it's an isekai.
Apr 30, 3:28 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
Zenryou277 said:

Dude your having too much copium. why don't just ask manga/LN readers about your theory. simple and quick.

and he is a merchant, he should have atleast some knowledge of others countries.
so he was in royal capital plugo or something, and then he transported/summoned to the kingdom of magic. if he is a merchant he would atleast know about the names of countries. and it was Stated that they summoned "many" hero's "many" times.
Yeah, that dude (OP) is overanalyzing. This anime isn't that deep, dude. It's simple, mostly focused on the issues surrounding the MC, his wife, and the female knights from what I've seen of the plot development. I want to mention again your point, dude if you want to know the reason why this is another world, he is a merchant so at least he is educated on the knowledge of other countries from his original world and he should at least be aware of that if your theory is correct. If you want to make a theory he was somehow transported to the future, like the comment above said many heroes were summoned in this new world and I want to add my point if it was in the distant future from his original world, at least his civilization also progressed significantly related to what the MC knows, but I don't see that. I've been watching too much isekai/fantasy and i know this is your usual slice of life isekai with a bit of serious moments.
May 1, 1:23 AM
Feb 2021
Zenryou277 said:

Reason :

Conclusion :

I would say yes. The MC is still transported just because there are some things that are similar to his old world doesn't mean that it's still not an Isekai. The whole premise of Isekai is that you're transported or reincarnated into a different world. Even childhood anime like Digimon is technically an Isekai. Yeah, that's maybe not too good of an example because the digital world in Digimon is different compared to the human world. but the kids are still transported to the digital world in Digimon, so it's technically an Isekai and there's a few reverse isekai like the devil is a part-timer or gate.
May 1, 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
Bro was dropped on his head as a child.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
So many idiots here. Yes, it's isekai. No, it's not the same world.

More topics from this board

» So, are they gonna do the deed eventually?

MavikBow - 10 hours ago

15 by FutoiOtaku »»
2 hours ago

» Why do authors write protaganists this stupid?

bledsoe60 - May 2

36 by Rimuru0001 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - May 13

74 by katsu044 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

63 by romzanalimohon »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 29

43 by KingBaller06 »»
May 14, 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.