Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How different is the anime to the light novel? Is it better or worse? How so? (The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady)

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 24, 5:17 AM
Jun 2023
Without going into too much detail, what changes exist between the manga and source material (novel) it's adapted from?

I.e. Does the light novel have:
  • Better writing?
  • Better characterisation?
  • Better world-building?
  • A more consistent tone?
  • A better magic system?
  • More realistic characters?
  • Better character arcs?
  • A better depiction of the relationship between the title characters?
  • More realistic representation of the minority group the characters represent?
  • Less sexualisation of the female characters?
  • Better handling of the abusive dynamics portrayed?
  • Better or more nuanced handling of power imbalances
Apr 24, 9:31 AM

Apr 2021
I have no clue because I don’t read the written material.

But I enjoyed the anime for the most part, the magic was entertaining, and I thought it had good animation.

Although the “brother is power hungry and jealous of his sister” I think took away from the story they could have made.

The anime also had their relationship subtly develop over time, so it did not take away from the story.
ejleonApr 24, 2:01 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 24, 10:50 AM
Dec 2018
I don't even figure out why there is that guy talking about differences between manga and light novel but anyway the only thing different between the anime and the novel is that the novel goes for many interrior talks, which if they don't add anything to the story, allow for a deeper understanding of the characters (and they are really well writen).
So the story isn't different but the novel gives more content so if one wanted to know a bit more of Anis or Yufi they should definitely read the novel.

(Also what comes right after the anime is peak)
Apr 24, 10:52 AM
Dec 2018
DragyG said:
I don't even figure out why there is that guy talking about differences between manga and light novel but anyway the only thing different between the anime and the novel is that the novel goes for many interrior talks, which if they don't add anything to the story, allow for a deeper understanding of the characters (and they are really well writen).
So the story isn't different but the novel gives more content so if one wanted to know a bit more of Anis or Yufi they should definitely read the novel.

(Also what comes right after the anime is peak)

Ho and for sexualization Anis and Yufi keep kissing and hugging each other every night.

There are also things developping between the maids.
Apr 24, 2:55 PM

May 2021
Haven’t read the LNs yet, but I know a friend who has, and according to him, the anime is a bit better, mostly in how it tidied up some of the messier parts of the source material. Compressing down scenes with unnecessarily drawn-out dialogue, better setting up certain reveals before they happen, taking full advantage of the new medium with really well-done visuals, the works.
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Apr 24, 7:03 PM
Jun 2020
Only thing I know is the novel gets much more sexual than the anime towards the later chapters

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

263 by cheesy_fof »»
May 17, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

115 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 13, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

88 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 13, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

181 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 13, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2023

141 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 13, 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.