Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
A witch of the forbidden forest? How bizarre. She didn't seem malevolentor anything at first glance but also seemed strange. Also, it looks like she is familiar with Tinasha.

Tinasha's wits and wisdom came to play again. She's kinda carrying this show imo with her personality. This anime is also opening more opportunities for world building as well from ths latest episode.
Stark700Apr 23, 8:25 AM
Apr 23, 8:05 AM
Aug 2022
I thought I was late but I guess I'm on time 😅
Apr 23, 8:30 AM
Sep 2021
Another witch got introduced this time, that is Lucrezia & also tinasha improved her bond with oscar
Apr 23, 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
Tinasha is introduced to Oscar's father the king, despite being the Witch of the Blue Moon, their relationship feels close in front of them. Still, both him and Lazar going into the woods to investigate a series of killings, only to be found by Lucrezia the Witch of the Forbidden Forest, she's also a real handful and a friend of Tinasha's, despite her helping them find out the root cause of the investigation.

For sure, because of Lucrezia, Oscar starts seeing hallucinations, and this raises Tinasha's suspicions of a lover attached to him. Upon her knowing that it's Lucrezia, her spell that leeches his life force during his sleep, in trade of sexual interactions that's all in the head, there's no simple way to remove it than to break the spell from within. However, the spell was reversed to make it look like he's trying to kill Tinasha by breaking her neck, which thankfully brought him back to his senses.

A wise game plan to make romance out of Oscar and Tinasha, that's Lucrezia for you, especially with her sexual hoarding. That said, will they ever progress their romance?
Apr 23, 8:51 AM
Oct 2022
I wonder where Lucrezia (Witch of the Forbidden Forest) came from. She put a strange spell upon Oscar that made him kill Tinasha and having erotic dreams.

I do not think she is a bad person, but I liked that Tinasha helped him and broke the curse.
Apr 23, 9:14 AM
Dec 2023
mid episode unfortunately :/

personally this one felt a lil weird idk. while the premise of the whole story is a little uncomfortable for my taste, nevertheless i have been enjoying the show up till now. this one was a little off though (i'm still gonna keep watching)
Apr 23, 9:15 AM
Sep 2015
I want that white potion too, for my "research"

Anyway, I guess the ending is that they'll successfully remove the curse but he'll still get marry with the witch.
Apr 23, 9:59 AM
Jun 2022
I'd be curious to see who's was the dream at the end.

Oscars after going back to sleep, or tinasha after the other which planted the thought that he is starting to care for her.

either way, I am finding myself looking forward to this one every week.
Apr 23, 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
What is this horrible writing? Are we skipping a ton of original novel/manga or what?
Apr 23, 10:11 AM
Apr 2023
masterpiece exelent
Apr 23, 10:17 AM
Nov 2023
the cat is cute, khhhh...Tinasha voce over is really great at play her role. the scene where Oscar kills Tinasha. I feel like something is broken in my heart. T_T
Apr 23, 10:18 AM
May 2023
Ayo. Tinasha has his blood and sperm now? 0.o
Apr 23, 10:35 AM
Nov 2019
Though a lot was skipped, I still enjoyed the show. Oscar is a man! At last properly written male protagonist in an anime. Lucrezia has a bit weird sense of humor though. If Oscar was not so tolerable to her "joke" she could have easily lost her head.
Apr 23, 10:40 AM
Jul 2019
After all this, Lucrezia leaving without punishment is demoralizing for both Tinasha and Oscar. It was practically abuse. And Tinasha's action was disappointing for not taking revenge, as well as for the way she talked to Lucrezia. The only one with noble action was Oscar, the victim of all this abuse. He forgave Tinasha and didn't lift a finger against Lucrezia. If she went with someone else, she would be a witch at the stake in no time. It was a very weak chapter!
Apr 23, 10:48 AM

Aug 2018
I can't pinpoint why but the episode felt very awkwardly written and paced. Might drop it if the next couple of episodes aren't better. They really glossed over the deaths too
Apr 23, 10:52 AM
Nov 2023
This episode has left us with a lot of question marks.

• Who are Valt and Miralis?
  • Are "other histories" alternate timelines?
  • Who is the white hair and snake eyes guy? Did he just kill Valt and Miralis?
  • How do Lucrezia and Tinasha know each other? What is their past?
  • What is Akashia? (mentioned at around 20:00)
  • How did Lucrezia get the samples she gave to Tinasha
  • Why does having s*x make it more difficult to do spirit magic
  • Will Oscar and Tinasha end up together???

Overall, great episode, can't wait for more!

EDIT: Akashia is Oscar Lyeth Increatos Loz Farsas' sword. It was mentioned in the 1st episode. My bad.
gorkthe134thApr 30, 8:46 AM
Apr 23, 11:26 AM

May 2019
The witches in this series are attractive to say the least but I didn't like what Lucrezia did although I guess it was her way of entertaining herself and eventually seeing Tinasha. Speaking of Tinasha, even though she says she won't marry Oscar I think she does care for him and maybe she'll have a change of heart as this series progresses.
Apr 23, 11:26 AM
Mar 2019
I can't stand Lazar. Made me drop the show on his lonesome.
Apr 23, 11:55 AM

Feb 2010
I think it's interesting that Tinasha and Lucrezia are both kind of neutrally coded. It makes me curious about the circumstances surrounding the witch that put the curse on the family since that witch is likely not evil.
Apr 23, 11:56 AM

Aug 2017
Lazar remains annoying.

When Tinasha sat on top of Oscar and he hugged her, my heart went doki doki.
Apr 23, 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
New witch is pretty but a bit nasty. She really just gave Tinasha his sperm and blood and she took it like nothing lol. Also Lazar can't stop talking for one second which might get annoying soon.

Sweet Tinasha x Oscar moment at the end there which was a bit surprising as I didn't think they got close enough to sit on his lap and hug. Maybe was offscreened? Anyway.
Apr 23, 12:10 PM

Feb 2019
Lucrezia shows up and in one episode stole our hearts. They haven’t missed yet with the witches designs and personalities, and we’ve only seen a couple! If the others are as good as Tinasha and Lucrezia we’re eating good.

While Lucrezia is gorgeous, that was a pretty ugly trick she played on Oscar with the erotic dreams and perfume scent. Luckily Tinasha was able to catch it before it led to a serious situation, but the dream sequence of Oscar choking out Tinasha was hard to see. Even though it was just a dream, just seeing a version of Tinasha dying like that is rough.

And wtf did I hear that right? Lucrezia gave Tinasha Oscar blood and sperm lmao? They glossed over that like it was no big deal. I do really like how this series handles some topics like sex with so much maturity. Characters don’t get all flustered when intercourse is mentioned, it’s just a passing statement and we’re on to the next subject.

The characters also behave really mature in general, like Oscar and Tinasha making up at the end thanks to her apology. Such a cute moment between the two.

Lore wise, this episode did introduce a lot of questions that I’m really anxious to have answered, particularly that comment about timelines/histories.. so are we going to be dealing with multiple timelines in this story? That’ll be interesting if so.

Another great ep
Marinate1016Apr 24, 2:20 AM
Apr 23, 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
ENGI butchering another light novel adaptation once again. This might not look ugly but the pacing and execution in general for this is very poor with so much skipped, when the foundation of the first few volumes is building Oscar and Tinasha's relationship and have that grow over time, and a focused mix of world building and learning about mysteries about witches/magic, etc. Feels like a lot is skipped all over the place, and the execution of scenes lack any punch to it to make people care and even Oscar and Tinasha's back and forth responses don't have any impact here with how the pacing and flow of the series has been. I'm not a big fan of the books but I could at least see the potential with what the author was going for there and how the setup transitioned to the bigger picture of the story, but feel like the anime adaptation has been very lazy, awkwardly paced and skips over too much to have the character relationships built like Oscar and Tinasha not quite hit at all as it should, especially with the close moments that they showed in this episode when it hasn't been built enough in the anime to have that happen and make complete sense. Way too big of a leap there without having the time truly spent to make that relationship work to be that way. The banter and general interactions is one of the key elements to this franchise and while it is there a little bit randomly, it still feels incredibly off and soulless in its execution compared to the books due to how much is sacrificed in the process to have the series end at the appropriate place in the span of 12 episodes.
Apr 23, 12:57 PM
May 2022
@animejas
Are the books good ? Like do you think it’s more enjoyable than watching the anime.
ElmoBoredAsfApr 23, 1:03 PM
Apr 23, 1:20 PM

Oct 2016
Aw man, the pace is so confusing. What a letdown, even though this anime had a promising first episode.

Apr 23, 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to ElmoBoredAsf
@animejas
Are the books good ? Like do you think it’s more enjoyable than watching the anime.
@ElmoBoredAsf I personally didn't like the books that much (just my own opinion) but it was significantly better than the start of the anime I would say. A lot more fleshed out and detailed, and you can see the change a lot more clearly in Oscar and Tinasha's relationship compared to how suddenly Tinasha was close with Oscar here so quickly and out of nowhere. I know friends who personally have read this and they liked it. So, if you like the characters so far and the premise on paper, I would recommend giving the books a shot at least.
Apr 23, 1:37 PM
Sep 2017
studio fakk up with devploment their chemistry
Apr 23, 1:41 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to animejas
ENGI butchering another light novel adaptation once again. This might not look ugly but the pacing and execution in general for this is very poor with so much skipped, when the foundation of the first few volumes is building Oscar and Tinasha's relationship and have that grow over time, and a focused mix of world building and learning about mysteries about witches/magic, etc. Feels like a lot is skipped all over the place, and the execution of scenes lack any punch to it to make people care and even Oscar and Tinasha's back and forth responses don't have any impact here with how the pacing and flow of the series has been. I'm not a big fan of the books but I could at least see the potential with what the author was going for there and how the setup transitioned to the bigger picture of the story, but feel like the anime adaptation has been very lazy, awkwardly paced and skips over too much to have the character relationships built like Oscar and Tinasha not quite hit at all as it should, especially with the close moments that they showed in this episode when it hasn't been built enough in the anime to have that happen and make complete sense. Way too big of a leap there without having the time truly spent to make that relationship work to be that way. The banter and general interactions is one of the key elements to this franchise and while it is there a little bit randomly, it still feels incredibly off and soulless in its execution compared to the books due to how much is sacrificed in the process to have the series end at the appropriate place in the span of 12 episodes.
@animejas yes thank you for speaking up
Apr 23, 1:51 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

shoe doesn't joke...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 23, 1:59 PM

Nov 2016
I guess it's a bad sign that I'm not even a source reader and still thought "Damn, this is pretty off"

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2:19 PM
May 2022
animejas said:
@ElmoBoredAsf I personally didn't like the books that much (just my own opinion) but it was significantly better than the start of the anime I would say. A lot more fleshed out and detailed, and you can see the change a lot more clearly in Oscar and Tinasha's relationship compared to how suddenly Tinasha was close with Oscar here so quickly and out of nowhere. I know friends who personally have read this and they liked it. So, if you like the characters so far and the premise on paper, I would recommend giving the books a shot at least.

I like the characters so far I’ll probably give it read later after my exams. Thanks
Apr 23, 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
Tinasha getting jealous over her clone in his dreams getting... 😳😳😳 by him... 🫣

The witch of the forest was certainly a pervert.

P.S. Rip to the guy who got killed by some antagonist. The girl with her is teleported to somewhere.

I really need more world building. OwO
I hope they won't skip ANYTHING.

@animejas and I was hoping that it's the normal pacing. Thanks for that message. It open my mind that someone or a group of people are actually butchering another LN. It's sad to see this happening again.

I was honestly hoping to know how their magic system works. Currently, both of their characters are too shallow, and most likely the anime is focusing more on the sexual aspects.
CrazyButNot4UApr 23, 3:07 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 23, 3:33 PM

Jun 2023
That ending felt pretty sudden.
Apr 23, 4:57 PM
Sep 2008
The prince insinuations are tiring and the lewd tematic felt out of place.
Apr 23, 5:19 PM
Jun 2012
Cute cat familiar. Cute dragon familiar.

I honestly thought the Forest Witch cast something to make Tinasha jealous, not make him have erotic dreams that sap his life force!

The episode as a whole is a little disjointed. I hope it improves next episode.
Apr 23, 6:45 PM

Apr 2022
last scene hard carried, that was cute.
Apr 23, 6:58 PM
Mar 2022
TasoM said:
What is this horrible writing? Are we skipping a ton of original novel/manga or what?

I felt the same so I went to check Manga (not LN) not reading the manga, just scroll to see how many chapters anime adapted and found out that Anime has covered 19 chapters of the Manga, which is kind of a lot but there could be some unimportant things Anime skipped ig?
Apr 23, 7:11 PM
Feb 2015
I felt that the pacing was a bit off ? I am not disapointed regarding Tinasha developping feelings for Oscar this quickly, but I just wish we had more time to set it up.
A nice episode overhaul, even if it felt rushed a bit, in any case, i am eager for the next one !
Apr 23, 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
Somebody please just fucking kill off Lazar already, a character who's either whining in his high pitched little bitch voice or getting flustered and acting like some damsel in distress in almost 100% of his scenes, does not make for fun viewing.
Apr 23, 9:11 PM

May 2013
ep 3 felt a bit weird, not sure how the light novel goes, but read a bit of the manga up to this point, and there was quite a lot of bonding moments that were skipped in anime content. Ending of the ep felt a bit forced since both chars throughout the anime hasn't really bonded much. Ep 1 was great, 2 was okay, 3 felt a bit weird to me, hopefully doesnt keep going downhill since i really enjoy the show.
Apr 23, 9:37 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Zane_0
SOUSOU NO TINASHA
@Zane_0 Poor Himmel, Frieren preferred to live with the cursed prince.
Apr 23, 9:49 PM

May 2010
ehee47 said:
mid episode unfortunately :/

personally this one felt a lil weird idk. while the premise of the whole story is a little uncomfortable for my taste, nevertheless i have been enjoying the show up till now. this one was a little off though (i'm still gonna keep watching)

same.
and am I blind or did she go from " don't touch em / we aren't like that / not marrying you" to hugging in the lap??😅 I ship them but damn? 😭😅🤣
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 23, 11:43 PM
Jan 2020
I haven't even touched the Manga or the LN and I could tell just how rushed is this
Apr 24, 1:55 AM
Feb 2020
Personally, I liked the pacing, I don't think the hug at the ending rushes the relationship between the two of them (they are closer and aware about it, though).

The OP and specially the ED are gorgeous, by the way.
Apr 24, 3:29 AM
Apr 2023
I am actually surprised that Lucrezia managed to get a blood and even sperm sample from Oscar just like that
Apr 24, 3:48 AM
Mar 2019
Yeah, Tinasha is a prude. haha But, if she's not careful, and honest she'll lose Oscar to someone else. Also, there are some lurking mysteries in the background. Hmm...
Apr 24, 4:42 AM
Sep 2023
It's clear that this adaptation is running ahead like nobody's business, i like the story but definitely gonna have to pick up the manga as the pacing here is all over the place.
Apr 24, 6:20 AM
Jun 2022
lingojk said:
That ending felt pretty sudden.

agreed, it felt unexplained a lot
Apr 24, 6:23 AM
Jun 2022
animejas said:

Can't agree more, engi is not doing well
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14

64 by WolfWood37 »»
4 minutes ago

» Can anyone tell me wtf the story is?

Suprgamr123 - Yesterday

15 by ejleon »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7

88 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30

39 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16

69 by patkarunungan »»
May 13, 10:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.